View Full Version : Space Expansion
09-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I am very mis-informed about the space expansion comin out in around a yea, if anyone would mind aswering some if my questions that wouls be awsome.
1. In the space expansion how many diferent types of ships will there be, im hoping there will be hundreds so everyone has there own ship, but i have a feeling thats its gunna end up like guns did, there are only guna be like 5 ships, and half the people in the galaxie are gunna be flyin around in corellian freighters, and the other half in X-wings and Ties. Also will the ships be customizable? can you buy diferent types of guns to mount on your ships? will you be able to make your own ships, like the uglies in the corellian system??? lots of questions
2. In the space expansion will we be given more skill points, or some way to get more skills, because its gunna suck when u get like master commando then u have to sacrafice it for some pilot skills.?????
3. new profesions anyone have any ideas? New planets, species, anything if u know anything let me know.
4. in space how are they going to have fighting, flying etc in space? will it be 3rd person? will the fighting be turned based like the game or like in rogue squadron, will there bases in space, like space guilds, do player ships have hyperdrive, can u drop out of hyper drive in deep space????
srry about the random ass questions but there kinda on the top of everyones mind right now so anyone with answers please post.
09-22-2003, 06:35 AM
I dont know of any news on the space pack yet because probably, like the Jedi, they havent made it. I think the dev team are kinda busy fixing all the bugs atm - i hope
09-23-2003, 03:58 AM
I hear there is 10 new planets... I also hope that space combat will be twitch combat, like the wing commander games.... if it's not I will be very sad...
09-23-2003, 04:04 AM
Yea twitchy gameplay would be awsome, but lag might be tough, and dude 10 planets i cant think of 10 more worth doing, hmm...
coruscant (crosses fingers)
god i have no clue
damn i have no clue
09-23-2003, 11:42 AM
I heard a rumor that there will be two more planets in the not too far future... Hoth and another un-named (but not coruscant).
As far as combat goes I don't think they're doing any changes to the core engine so who knows what fighting will be like. It probably won't be anything like the RS games.... /shrug
Anyway I really hope for 3 things right now
1) They keep ironing out bugs. Normally I wouldn't care but I pay $15 a month and I feel that we're getting the minimum of our money's worth. There are still some HUGE combatability issues. If the game didn't crash so damn much I'd be a lot happier.
2) They get the Jedi class going. I don't care about being a Jedi too much, but I'd like to see ppl start becoming them to add more flavor to the game. It would be cool to see one Jedi for every 200 players (like 10 on a server). I just hope they get it right.
3) I'm biased, but I'd like to see Bounty Hunter fixed some more. I wish there were macros, special clothing, and the Huttese language in there.
Player Bounties is the one thing I'd love to see, because I've been doing them for people and it's not easy trying to figure out how to take ppl down (especially when they're the same faction and a master CH / commando). Make it so a person could place a mark at a BH terminal and the game would determine the payout based on the mark's skill level (2000 for novice scout... 10,000 master CH). Can you say Cowboy Bebop? :D
09-23-2003, 02:33 PM
My list of desires for Space Expansion:
1) Coruscant - How can you have SW without having the main core planet?
2) Capital Ships including FP purchasable ISDs and Mon Cal Cruisers. Come on, you know you want one. lol
3) At least five new professions. Including Starfighter Pilot, Freight Smuggler, Starship Commander, Starship Designer (design and build), Starship Technician (Repair and operate coms, shields, hypernav), Interplanetary Vagrant (Even Sw had Hippie Hitchhikers lol)
4) Seperate Skill Set and Skill Points. The devs have already made mention of a system which may include two seperate sets of skill points. The one you have now, and a different one for space faring.
5) NEW SPECIES!!!! Duros, Ugors, Squibs, Devaronians, Ithorians and Biths.....the list is endless, yet we have so few. This will greatly improve the SW feel. Also, adding a way to change species would be nice, even if just for a short time after the SE release.
09-23-2003, 04:34 PM
I have very few things that I expect from the space expansion. I don't have nearly as many crashes or software problems others experience, so I can't complain there.
1. I'd like to see the expansion packaged with all of the patches and fixes to date included with the software. Thus new players don't have to download patches for hours on end before they play.
2. At least one new planet (moon or asteroid base will work also), Naboo is getting way too crowded.
3. I'd like to see ships broken down in this manner: transports, pleasure craft (travel in style), Frieghters, and then faction based ships like TIE and X-wing available from the recruiters as well as larger craft. If I can trade in faction for a rebel base then I should be able to trade it in on a LIGHT cruiser.
4. New Races? I can take it or leave it. Humans are superior!
5. Space travel incorporated in some way with the smuggler class. Or purhaps a elite-elite class of smuggler.
6. Slicing starship systems.
7. I'd also like to see crafting ships using a similar mechanic to driod craft where they have module slots that allow for customization. Ex. Hidden compartments, weapon systems, armor, engine types/upgrades. Here's the difference you should be able to remove modules and tinker on your ship to futher customize it as time goes by.
That's about it. I wont see many of these ideas but it'll be cool I'm sure.
See you all online, and good luck.
09-23-2003, 06:29 PM
That wouls all be awsome, but if they dont give us more skill points we will be jiped of all good-ness
09-26-2003, 12:32 AM
I do hope that ships don't end up like weapons. There should be a variety of them. I would just want a small ship to cruise in. Maybe modify it a bit....
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
If I remember correctly, Coruscant would be too much for the computer to handle, because it would have to account for all those cars going around constantly, buildings, things flying around, etc. It would constantly have to calculate where things intersect--which, for 20 things, would take days for a computer to calculate just once. Coruscant right now just isn't practical.
10-10-2003, 07:46 AM
I think you would need a seprete skill tree with extra point's. The reason why is let's so they give you anouther 150 point's that are for you to use. How many people would not use them for ship's, but would use them on another class. I can already see a master commando that is also a master CH, master BH and master CM. I mean you would have player's that where extremly to strong. Not to mention a master Jedi ( for everyone that is lucky enough to become one and even luckier to become a master one. ) with master any of the above mentioned.
You need to add some other planet's. I mean Yodi need's to be in this game right, and we all no where he is. Also hoth, and what about cloud city. Lando need's to be the game as well.
Also I think space station's would be a nice touch as well. Liven out in space instead of on planet's would be a nice thing to add.
10-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I think a great addition would be player mission terminals. Where players could make missions for other players to run. Like a bio engineer could set a mission for 1000 units of whatever he may need...etc. etc... somehting like that to make gameplay more fun...even make it so that players could place bounties on other players heads...that would be sweet!
10-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Breetai
I think you would need a seprete skill tree with extra point's.
I heard they will add extra skill points though they will not be regular skill points, they will be for space travel only. Yeah I agree that giving another 150 would make people too strong. I think they should re-make the points into 4 categories: Generic, combat, artisctic, and travel. Combat would go towards Marksman and Commando or BH, artistic could be the artisian and entertainment classes and maybe the science classes, and of course travel could be space travel and/or mounted travel. I'd like to see more points for non combat classes.
10-18-2003, 07:59 PM
2 things that i really have been worrying about are for one ships, like lord_vessen said if ships end up like guns and every schmuck in the galaxie is ridin around in a corellian freighter (millenium falcon) its goin to ruin the experience, there should be hundreds x-wings, TIE's, headhunters, Lamba-shuttles, pleasure freighters like the lady luck, uglies, b-wings, y-wings, the list could go on forever.....
the second thing like everyone is saying is skill points.......I dont want to have to sacrafice commando to be-able to fly my ship, i hope [RAA] is right and they give us 4 classes of skill points so i can keep usin my flamethrower and fly a nice ship...
11-09-2003, 01:02 AM
I hope these are in the SE:
Mon Calmari Star Cruiser
Rebellion Gunship (Like the Republic Gunship, but different)
Imperial Lambda-class shuttle
Poggle The Lesser
11-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Yeah those would be cool...
Hey, anybody notice on the SWG Adventure Manual (comes with the game) it shows IRIDONIA as a planet? Hmmm....lol
Mara Jade and Ackbar are in the game.
11-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Really? I didn't know. I don't have it yet.
11-12-2003, 07:14 PM
You'll never be able to visit Coruscant, it's way too complex for even the most powerful home computers to handle. Bespin has no land, so you'd only be able to go to Cloud City. You should never be able to go to Dagobah period. And Kamino is a water planet, so there's no real point in going there.
Aren't Falleen mostly extinct? Like Xizor is one of the last of his species?
A-Wings and B-Wings won't be available for some time, not until around the time of Empire or shortly after.
And you should never be able to see Yoda, he's hiding remember.
As for the mention of Iridonia in the Galaxies manual, think that means they intend to add it in a later expansion? Or do they just mention it as the Zabrak homeworld?
11-13-2003, 01:24 PM
I dunno...but if you look at the travel schedule in the starports it lists more planets as well...probably as an RP element lol.
Yeah I don't see Corellia, Bespin, or Kamino in the near future unless they make them for missions (theme parks).
As for space expansion we'll probably see an X-Wing and tie hybrids atleast...cause SOE wants to generate more media hype to net sales...but it probably won't be more than a lot of friggates and cruisers for most of us. Either way it sounds like a lot of fun :)
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.