PDA

View Full Version : Optical Mouse issue!

Primrodo
09-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi guys, I recently got the game and occassionally (more than occassionally) my mouse stops functioning but then starts to again.

THEN after a bit one of the buttons will stop working, but the other is fine, then finally it stops working all together. When I exit the game it doesn't work even with windows until I restart.

I use a Kensington Optic USB Mouse, worked fine in JO...

Oh when it stops working teh light goes out and in a sec I here the XP sound for "new hardware installed"

Any help would be hot :)

Justin

txa1265
09-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Primrodo
Hi guys, I recently got the game and occassionally (more than occassionally) my mouse stops functioning but then starts to again.

THEN after a bit one of the buttons will stop working, but the other is fine, then finally it stops working all together. When I exit the game it doesn't work even with windows until I restart.

I use a Kensington Optic USB Mouse, worked fine in JO...

Oh when it stops working teh light goes out and in a sec I here the XP sound for "new hardware installed"

Any help would be hot :)

Justin

Seriously, that doesn't sound like a JA issue, but rather a hardware / driver issue. I use a MS Intellimouse Explorer (5 button USB optical) all the time and have never seen anything like that ...

Mike

IMF-Arel-
09-22-2003, 06:06 PM
I agree with txa1265.
I'm also using MS Intellimouse Explorer mouse...and never ran
into problems like you are saying.

Primrodo
09-22-2003, 06:47 PM
It only does it during Single Play Jedi Academy though...never in anything else, MP its fine too.

Should I get updated Drivers you think then?

EDIT: HAHA JUST went off while typing, thinking it may be the chord

eastcoast2895
09-23-2003, 12:46 AM
ur problem seems different than mine, but i'll tell u what i know is wrong with mine just in case it helps. i play on a laptop w/ an optical mouse. when playing games the mouse stops functioning, then comes back after a while cuz the laptop doesn't have enough power to support everything