PDA

View Full Version : 3d gaming glasses

tnd
09-25-2003, 03:59 AM
has anyone tried to "feel the force of 3d" with the E-D gaming glasses?

i was wondering if anyone other than the website has reviewed these....what are your opinions?

dennis

r0bman5
09-25-2003, 04:42 AM
all the reviews I've seen, between JO and Freelancer, say they're tight... not sure if it's just a marketing gimick or what... but yeah... anyone have them/tried them???? let us know... PLEASE :)

derekdrygon
09-25-2003, 04:16 PM
They work well for JO, I have a pair. It was difficult to duel with them, but it looked damn cool. You have to really train your eyes for the goggles to work well. Having a big monitor with a very high refresh rate... (im talking above 100) definatly helps the effect as well. I havent tried them since I replaced my video card, so im not sure how well they work with JA.

The best experience I have had with the goggles so far has to be EQ. The hand crafted landscapes along with the leisurely playstyle made it a real treat to use those goggles. I found in FPS games like Jedi Outcast, and Battlefield 1942, using the goggles hinders your play.

Hitmann_D

Grifo
09-25-2003, 05:38 PM
i have them form 4 month... they r cool at first times and the 3d effect is awesome... but u leave them where they are after 1 week... they stress your eyes after 1 hour... at last with me happen so.

if u have much money to waste buy them... but they r just a funny toy

p.s.: if u play a game like medal of honor, u will see the crosshair like a plain object and the gun u embrace too... not a good effect indeed... they look much better with mmorpg or games like NwN...

just my 2 euro cents

UltimateZeus
09-26-2003, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I bought a pair but they do really strain your eyes after a while, even when running above 100hz refresh.

They say new flicker-free software is coming out soon.

Will have to wait and see.

But it does look really cool when everything pops out the screen.