PDA

View Full Version : "With these new powers, I could be invincible! But first...."

RenikDelan
09-27-2003, 02:53 PM
...I'll settle for just moving things. :)

Okay, in JA MP, is there a way where I can force move objects, so that they "stay moved"? The concept is basically a sliding door, approximately 9ft long. I want to force push/pull it from either end, and have it react appropriately, but staying within certain confines, as in move left or right a few feet. (ie, I dont want to be able to pull it down the hall and around the corner :D )
So, can it be done?

idontlikegeorge
09-27-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm assuming this is a a custom-made map.

Easiest way is just have a regular door entity with that is activated by the force - an entity flag. Then set the directions to what you want and perhaps any extra/less lip as well.

RenikDelan
09-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
Easiest way is just have a regular door entity with that is activated by the force - an entity flag. Then set the directions to what you want and perhaps any extra/less lip as well.
Yes, but using that format, wont the "door" eventually close?

GothiX
09-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Perhaps JA has the "toggle" flag in MP?

Emon
09-27-2003, 11:06 PM
It does, my two button, non-script elevator system worked in MP JA, it uses the func_door.

Lil Killa
09-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Emon
It does, my two button, non-script elevator system worked in MP JA, it uses the func_door.

How many spwanflags do we add for the toggle effect?