PDA

View Full Version : darth maul

kevin42786
10-02-2003, 12:17 AM
I would like a model of Darth Maul for JA. I don't know how to skin so I was wondering if anyone was working on one. I know there is a skin of Maul for Jedi Outcast, but I could only get it to work in multi-player. Is there a way to make that skin work in the single player game?

Cosmos Jack
10-02-2003, 01:30 AM
...........:o Typing "helpusobi1" or "devmapall" and then typing "playermodel maul" doesn't work for me.

I think you are confused between "modeling" and "skinning." What do you want?
(1) A model is the base of any character in the game.
(2) A skin is the texture on that model. You can have the same model and different skins to make different characters.

There is a lot of posts in the forums about putting a new player models in SP. Why don't you try looking them up. It's already been addressed. :rolleyes:

Why don't you try this thread for more info........
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112998&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

kevin42786
10-02-2003, 01:37 AM
I was talking about skinning. But I saw the post about adding skins after I posted this. Thanks though.

WhiteShdw
10-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Cosmos Jack
...........:o Typing "helpusobi1" or "devmapall" and then typing "playermodel maul" doesn't work for me.

I think this only works when there's an NPC file for a model. So it might work if you make an NPC file based on the custom Maul model and then just type playermodel"npcname", where NPCname is the name you gave to your Maul NPC.