PDA

View Full Version : Where did everybody go?

WTE_Kimba
10-02-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi everyone:D

I am back from holidays & wondering where everybody is...

I have looked everywhere, under the bed, in the laundry, behind the fridge, but I cant seem to find anyone:evanpiel:

I have even emailed CorranSec & Vostock but they NEVER replied - can you imagine that - its so unlike them, thats when i began to truely worry

Have you forgotten about your token Aussie chick?
Have you forgotten the fun we had when you played with WTE that night?
Have you forgetton the name of the room in IRC where we meet (#WTE_LOTE)?
have you forgotten that we with NO LIFE are despirately awaiting your return to brighten up our dull existance?:amidala:

And Windu, i thought you joined them joining me soon too...

WHERE IS EVERYONE?????

/me bangs head on keyboard & begins to weep for fallen friends

/me blows nose in tissue

C'mon guys - come back to me....
or have you been sucked into the RL void?
or have you been vaporised?
or has the sith got to you?

I cant cope with not knowing. Tomorrow night we play, please please please come back...

/me offers bribe??

Kimba

swphreak
10-02-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm here... as unimportant as I am....

saberhagen
10-02-2003, 02:37 PM
I'd play with you if I wasn't on the wrong side of the world. Damn timezones. Why can't the earth be flat? :(

Admiral Vostok
10-02-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh, sorry not to reply to your email, Kimba. You see, the email I have in my profile on the WTE site is one I don't check often, I'll go have a look now... I might get an address that can forward stuff to the address I check regularly... anyway I've been meaning to come back but unfortunately my life has been raher active of late. Perhaps tonight I will, though I do need to sort my tax return out...
Or perhaps I just thought I'd finish on the high note that was my victory...

As for CorranSec, I'm as mystified as to his whereabouts as you are. It has been some time since he's been on here, and I would like to know what he thinks of my SWGB2 design so far.

WTE_Kimba
10-03-2003, 01:58 AM
TAX, TAX... you would rather do your TAX than play SWGB!!!!

ssshhheeeessshhhh...
:D :D :D

Priorities man!

If its any comfort to you, I havent done mine either & thats not gunna STOP ME FROM PLAYING!

/me sends out search party to retireve the body of CorranSec

You better come Vostock or.... or......
or we'll all know your win was just a one off!
beginners luck
/me smirks
a fluke
/me ducks for cover

/me wanders off giggling

Admiral Vostok
10-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Okay, I'll try. But you have to promise not to spell my name with a c :D Oh, and do less /me's in your posts, it looks wierd... ;)

WTE_Kimba
10-03-2003, 02:52 AM
* dies of embarrasment.

* points to "World worst speller" trophy next the the "bad typist" award.

mumbels "Ok sure, sorry 'bout that"

Compa_Mighty
10-03-2003, 02:54 AM
I'm still here!

swphreak
10-03-2003, 09:38 AM
ben hanging around mIRC have we Kimba?

;) :p

WTE_Kimba
10-03-2003, 09:47 AM
just a tad....
yes....

:D

Darth Windu
10-03-2003, 10:27 AM
I was hiding in the Dryer :)

Seriously though, i just havent gotten around to it, besides, exams are coming up and i need to get to studying for them, maybe after that...

WTE_Kimba
10-03-2003, 11:36 AM
lol well that explains it - I dont have a dryer!

Ok well with exams you are excused for a bit & then I'll be after you again ok?

good luck

Admiral Vostok
10-03-2003, 12:22 PM
Well the game we just played was thoroughly enjoyable. I was the Confeds, and did rather well... of course it helped that because I'm not a regular yet nobody wanted to attack me...

WTE_Kimba
10-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Hmmm..

OK then...

NEXT week i promise to attack you - I think we know each other well enough now for me to hurl a dozen or so AT-At's at you & you not take it personally...

Icarus was obviously being nice... if had been me next to him i am sure he would have wiped me out pronto, so

NO MORE Mr nice guy for YOU!!

/me reads official declaration of war

(sorry bout the /me!)

Admiral Vostok
10-04-2003, 12:14 PM
I look forward to being attacked by you, Kimba.

I'm sure Icarus was being nice to me, though it was a bit foolish for him to leave his base wide open like that...

I'll forgive you for the /me this time... and maybe a few more times...

swphreak
10-04-2003, 05:30 PM
man, curse these time zones... I sometimes can drag some people from #echonet into playing Gb with me, but I beat them so far... I'm hoping to play against Groovy tonite, or sometime this weekend.

Admiral Vostok
10-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Fear not, Phreak. I'm moving to Toronto in January, so while I'll unfortunately have to leave Kimba, Corran, Windu and others here in the land of Oz, I'll be able to play GB with you, Luke's Dad, Sith and others...

Of course it depends on my Internet access, which, fingers crossed, should not be a problem...

lukeiamyourdad
10-05-2003, 05:39 PM
*waves at Kimba*
hey i'm still here!
and corran is still alive, i see him on MSN every week.
Good to see you're still with us!

Vostok-How long are ya staying Toronto? Aren't you afraid of the cold weather of january?

Admiral Vostok
10-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Tell Corran to get back here and have a look at my SWGB2 Plan already.

I do not fear the cold of Canadian January... in fact I think I was born in the wrong country. When you consider I hate going to the beach but I love Skiing and Hockey (or as we call it here, "Ice" Hockey) I'm actually a very confused Aussie. I should be in Toronto for about 9 months, maybe longer.

Sithmaster_821
10-06-2003, 05:42 PM
I havent seen Corran on these boards for a very long time. I wonder why he left?

Admiral Vostok
10-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Yes, it's all very Count Dooku-esque. Perhaps CorranSec will show up in a few months with a number of Separatist Forumites, ready to wage war on us Jedi?

Darth Windu
10-07-2003, 01:49 AM
Vostok - im with you on cold weather. I dont think i've been to a beach since i was about 12, and i absolutely love winter. Odd...

Admiral Vostok
10-07-2003, 04:46 AM
No doubt Canadians long for the beach. The grass is always greener, eh Windu?

lukeiamyourdad
10-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Human nature makes us want what we don't have...

Corran went away for ''life'' reasons and women...
Besides I think he's somewhere in Aresen.

Sithmaster_821
10-09-2003, 01:38 AM
Traitor.

Oh well, when the SWGB2 announcement is sounded, he'll come grovelling back, just like the rest of the old-timers that left

swphreak
10-09-2003, 09:52 AM
*walks around whistling*

Who me? I don't know what you're talking about. :p

That's it, sometime this month, someone from the forum is going to play GB/CC with me. If you don't, I will hunt you down like animals. (Notice I didn't say this weekend, I'm going out of town.)

JediMasterEd
10-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Too bad, that's the only time I have to play the game :p

No, just kidding. I removed it from my computer for space. The game wore out way too fast...way too fast. I've been playing SWG mainly now...so addicting. First MMORPG I've ever owned to that might be it...

I've gotten used to the cold weather here, to the point when I can wear shorts in 30 degree weather and still stay warm.

CorranSec
10-20-2003, 11:03 AM
*fanfare of trumpets plays*
*three pairs of A-Wings crisscross the sky in honour guard formation*
*a single shuttle lands, and three ranks of Separatists march out with blaster rifles*
*CorranSec walks out*

Missed me? :cool:

I actually pondered creating a whole new thread for my Second Coming. But then I thought that although I am vain, that just gives a new meaning to the world. This is vain enough. ^^

Lol. Luke's particular explanation of why I left made me laugh the loudest I have today. It is partially true. I had traumatising experiences. Really.
And although I did visit Aresen, it was too brief to be a proper betrayal of the innocence and valorous goodness that is GB.com. Now Aresen... that place really does cause traumatising experiences.
There seem to be more people around nowadays. Nice to see that the core of 'oldtimers' is still around. I also noticed Viceroy, still persisting without punctuation... pity.
Anyway, this was just my little thing to notify the general population that I have returned from whatever existential quandary I may have been in.
On a final note:
ohta su marvalic plesodoro

WTE_Kimba
10-20-2003, 11:36 AM
Good news indeed:D

Hmm, though the problem is, am i a good enough player to attack both YOU & VOSTOK (without a C) at the same time, this Friday night...

Well all I can do is give it a go huh.

Last Friday icarus took on me, Spartan, Cygnus & trapper. We let him play unhandicapped! Generous of us huh! He would have beaten us all too given another 30 mins but none of us noticed that the holocron timer was on, so we won cos the time ran out!

poor Icarus, he deserved the win really, but we took it reluctantly

NOT

Hope to see you there - you have been missed.

Oh & by the way saberhagen & anyone else interested - WTE has changed its policy about overseas members - so if you can make our time zone for a game you are more than welcome to join us now. We play Friday nights - Australian EST 8.30pm in IRC & play around 9pm ish.

http://wte-anga.com

check it out if you wish...
:jawa

Admiral Vostok
10-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Yay! CorranSec has returned! Psst! Read my SWGB2 Design!

Hey Kimba, sorry I missed this Friday again. I'm trying really I am!

lukeiamyourdad
10-20-2003, 08:24 PM
Hehe finallyyou're back old bud. There has quite a bit of turmoil while you were gone on your quest for whatever you're looking for...

Avoid page 3 of Windu's template thread...:p

Sithmaster_821
10-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Being the horribly selfish and easily bored person i am, I've yet to read much of anyone's templates, but I have not even touched Windu's. Maybe thats a good thing...

Beside that, not much has happened. Just your typical GB.com forum days.

CorranSec
10-21-2003, 08:31 AM
I have returned indeedy.

Well, the Windu-bashing's still going on, so that much hasn't changed. I think that might live on forever. Sith is still being apathetic and cynical... Vostok is still a purist... Luke's dad is still eternally cheerful (how's that Charlie person going by the way?). Ooh, nice recommendation, Luke's dad. *hurries off to check out page 3 of Windu's ideas thread*

I quested indeed, being a Questor and all. And although I do have a real life, and am constantly in trouble with women, it was neither of these that summarily yanked me away from this particular existence.
I think it was just.... um.... I really have no idea. But I quested for quite a lot of things. It's fun. You should try it sometime.

Yes, Vosto(c)k, I'll get to your GB2 ideas soon enough. Wait your turn already. I've got months of catching up to do.

Hey, Kimba. Sorry that I so abrubtly vanished. I believe it had something to do with that questing thing. I might play another game with you lads and lad... esses over at WTE sometime soon.

Anyway, I'm off to post in many a thread. Or at the very least look.

By the way, I shall give 500 SecPoints (my personal currency which counts for absolutely nothing anywhere away from my territory) to the first person who figures out what that delighful little quote at the bottom of my last post means, and 100 SPs to whoever finds out first what language it is. :)

WTE_Kimba
10-21-2003, 08:39 AM
er um well I was just going to ignore your quote CorranSec so I wouldnt look like an idiot for not knowing. Now I understand that it is entirely cryptic in nature i feel much better about admitting I have NO IDEA... which is a shame really cos i would have rather fancied a few hundres SecPoints. They are just what i need...

swphreak
10-21-2003, 09:46 AM
ohta su marvalic plesodoro
let them marvel at our splendor; Huttese :p

Welcome Back.

Like Sith, I haven't really looked at anyone's templates. Since I haven't seen any with Yuuzhan Vong, and no one likes them, I could care less if I read them.

Corran, join our tournament (http://www.hometown.aol.com/starwarsphreak/email.html)!

And, just for you Corran: saltan valoramosa n telval mord

CorranSec
10-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Lol... sorry, Kimba, but it seems Phreak has scooped up the Sec Points.

PHREAK!! I thought you were quite dead. Congratulations, you have won the SecPoints. Would you like your cash in tens, twenties, hundreds or with my special 600 SP coin?
I'm checking out your tournament as we speak... actually I'll look at it right after I finish this. Undoubtedly it will be quite exciting.
I'll be sure to put the Yuuzhan Vong in my template. You know I love EU. Long live EU.
(Canon is good too)
That rhymes.

saltan valoramosa n telval mord
Assumption is the first step into a shallow grave; Old Corellian. :p

Aren't the Fenig Nabon stories just great!

In return, a little challenge for all: why do you think Obi-Wan said he didn't own a droid? The most ingenious answer gets 700 SecPoints.
I'm liking this. The joys of personal currency. :D

Admiral Vostok
10-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Huttese, eh? I'd be interested to know where you two learned your Huttese... so I can attempt to discredit it...

As for Obi-Wan, he never did own a droid! So although he may know Artoo, what he said was true, from a certain point of view.

CorranSec
10-21-2003, 10:27 AM
I learned my Huttese from a little source I call Star Wars. If you want to find out where, you'll need to ask nicely. :p

But surely he owned the droid in his Jedi Starfighter (kudos to saberhagen's sig, of course). Although one might say that the Jedi don't have material posessions. But he did have ownership of the droid- he was its 'master,' as it were.
But does this mean that Obi-Wan was once again lying to Luke, or deliberately concealing the truth? If so, why? Was there a deeper motive?

Or... an even darker thought...

Was George Lucas simply a crappy planner and didn't know that he would end up contradicting himself many times over? ;)

Admiral Vostok
10-21-2003, 10:39 AM
While I feel I need to embark upon a lecture as to what is and is not "Star Wars", I know I've done it with you before Corran, so I'll just ask nicely.

Pretty please tell me where you learn your Huttese? :)

As I believe almost blindly that George Lucas can do no wrong, I'm going to have to go with the concealing the truth thing... though technically he never has owned a droid...

CorranSec
10-21-2003, 10:45 AM
You have done it before, Vostok, many times. But you asked nicely, and rhymed while you did it, I shall tell you.
I learned one phrase from a short story by Chris Cassidy and Tish Pahl called 'Hutt and Seek' which was originally in the Star Wars Adventure Journal, but was reproduced in an anthology called 'Star Wars: Tales from the New Republic.' It's lovely. You should read it. Really.

Yes, I know, Lucas is your god, and I suppose I have committed nigh-sacrilege by insulting his scriptwriting skills. But I ask again... why did Obi-Wan conceal the truth about a droid?

Admiral Vostok
10-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Ye of little faith! All will be answered in Episode III, of course!

Oh, and somewhat predictably I give no credit to your Huttese source...

JediMasterEd
10-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Neither R2 or C3PO could remember Leia...it could be that the disk Leia placed in R2 scrambled it's memory, and reprogrammed it so that when they'd know who to bring the disk to, making them think Obi-Wan was their "master".

swphreak
10-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Vostok: Bona nai kachu. Dopo mee gusha, peedunkey? Geebawa do lorda numa.

(j/k if you actually understand that) :p

Obi-Wan was concealing the truth to keep luke confused... or Lucas didn't plan ahead :p that's what happens when you make movie #4 before #1 ;)

CorranSec
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
Little faith indeed. I think that Lucas might ending making a 'Star Wars Episode 3.5: Filling In Plot Holes,' in which he fixes up all the mistakes he's made over time (these mistakes building up and amounting to quite a bit, of course). Now THAT will be an unmissable movie.

No credit? But... it says Star Wars on the front.... *gasp* Does this mean that anything that says Star Wars is automatically discredited?

That sounds Rodian, Phreak. But wait- the term 'Rodian' doesn't exist in the movies, does it? Guess Vostok must have to accept a bit of EU-spawned species info to figure that one out. :p

Why, oh why, would he want Luke confused about the most simple of matters? Perhaps 'confused' was the only way Mark Hamill could act. Pity.

Disclaimer: I actually do quite like the Star Wars movies. It's just fun to keep pressing Vostok.

swphreak
10-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Well, it may sound rodian because you hear a lot of the "Bona nai kachu" in games, mainly JK2 and I heard it a lot in KoToR, but it's Huttese. Rodians can speak Huttese too :p

Sithmaster_821
10-21-2003, 09:52 PM
The second phrase is said by the Rodian bounty hunter in SWGB. And thats without having touched the game for over a year.

As for the word Rodian never appearring in the movies: I was of the assumption that canon also included elements of Star Wars that were created by Lucas and inferred in the script (the script never actually says a lot of stuff).

Admiral Vostok
10-21-2003, 10:44 PM
Why make Episode 3.5, when it is Episode 3 that will fill in the plot holes?

Actually there is no Rodian spoken in the movies, so you see it couldn't sound like Rodian at all.

As for "Canon" including the scripts, several sources will tell you this, though by Canon's very definition this belief is misguided. A Canonical text is correct, and anything that conflicts with it is not. Therefore, since the films and the scripts conflict, they can't both be Canon. Yet the scripts do serve some insight into Lucas' vision, so deserve a far greater level of recognition than EU. In this case I think the scripts, along with the novelisations and radio dramatisations, should be dubbed "Secondary Canon", in that where they don't conlict with the movies (Primary Canon) they are somewhat correct, though still nowhere near as concrete as the films. Only Primary Canon can be used to prove a Star Wars related article. Secondary Canon can be used as additional evidence, though without Primary Canon it carries litle more credibility than Pure EU.

Oh, I do enjoy these rants. You have been missed, Corran!

WTE_Kimba
10-22-2003, 03:00 AM
sigh....
I just wanted you to know that i have enjoyed this conversation / debate so very much....
& to think it all started with such a simple little question..
I am sure glad I asked

CorranSec
10-22-2003, 06:38 AM
It was actually the 'peedunky.' That sounded Rodian to me. Maybe it's Huttese though... but hey, didn't Sebulba say something like that?

Oh ye of overabundant faith. I'm sure Lucas will miss something...

Considering that the scripts were written by Lucas, or at the very much had a huge amount of input from Lucas (if I'm not wrong), then I think they should qualify as true Star Wars fact.
What's this? Now in addition to Pure EU and Extrapolation EU, we have Primary Canon and Secondary Canon. But why can't anything but Primary Canon be used to prove a point? If we were that strict, then we couldn't discuss anything but the scenes in the movies. Especially in terms of gaming- we'd have to make games of the movies, and we all know that wouldn't work.

Rants indeed. Why did I ever leave such an amusing and colourful society...

swphreak
10-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the real forums Kimba :xp:

It is good to have you back Corran, I do enjoy reading your rants (yes, I actually do read them). I believe you 2 have just advanced to a new level of geekiness in your rants. :p

saberhagen
10-22-2003, 10:05 AM
imo learning Huttese is potentially very dangerous as it gives you a kind of affinity with those Star Trek nerds who can speak Klingon - it's a slippery slope...

I thought maybe any equipment issued to Jedi for their work still belonged to the Republic, like soldiers and policement don't actually own their weapons and stuff. But it's fairly minor compared to some of the other contradictions. I still have plenty of potential for future sigs...

CorranSec
10-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Wow, someone that actually reads our little 'discussions.' Glad to see.
A new level of... geekiness? Guess my time away did make a change after all. ;)

I don't think anything we Star Wars fans can do could even approach the fandom of some Trekkies. We're not really learning Huttese or Rodian, just stealing a few lines from Star Wars material (yes, hear that, Vostok?). The Trekkies can actually hold civilized conversations in Klingon. Now that's scary.

JediMasterEd
10-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by CorranSec
The Trekkies can actually hold civilized conversations in Klingon. Now that's scary.

*whistles*

lol no, I am a Trekkie but I'm not THAT extreme and wanting to speak Klingon...well, maybe...*shrugs*

Wouldn't mind learning Huttese...confuse everyone in school...hehe...

Admiral Vostok
10-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Well there is no real "Huttese", in that it isn't a complete language like Klingon. Ben Burtt only made up parts of it, and there is no set grammar. I wouldn't mind reading Ben Burtt's book (I forget the name) that has a beginners guide to Huttese in.

Corran, my argument is a logic one. While the scripts were indeed written at least in part by Lucas, and the movies were made from the scripts, there are several parts where they don't correlate, much like any movie and its script. So which can be taken as "correct"? Surely only one can be right, and if you ask me it is the movies. Therefore, if something is "less correct", by definition it cannot be Canon (as Canon is gospel, always correct). However, due to fondness of others in mistakingly calling the scripts "canon", I have dubbed it Secondary Canon. It's quite simple, really.

Darth Windu
10-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Corran - Obi-Wan doesnt lie at all. He never owned R2-D2 or C-3PO, and R4, his starfighter droid, was simply the droid used by the starfighter that Obi used. You seem to fail to understand that the Starfighter belonged to the Jedi Order, not to Obi.

PS: welcome back :)

swphreak
10-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Yea, I "borrowed" the Huttese phrase, but sometimes I call people "poodoo" at school :p

Vostok: Simple indeed :rolleyes: (:p)

Admiral Vostok
10-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Well, it is simple... from a certain point of view ;)

Here's an interesting anomaly concerning my personality some of you may be interested in: I have no problem what-so-ever admitting there is crappy writing and acting in Star Wars, and that some circumstances are so silly its laughable (my favourite example of this is Obi-Wan fixing the Bongo's power by playing with the cigarette lighter). However, I will fanatically argue against anyone who suggests these nuances are in fact inconcistencies.

Hence my arguing with Corran, who I know says some things just to get me worked up... but I do enjoy it.

CorranSec
10-23-2003, 08:25 AM
No Huttese? Are you indeed suggesting that the language does not exist? Why, but Jabba must be speaking it! Dare you to contradict the Primary Canon? :p

The scripts and the movies don't correlate? Having never read the scripts, I cannot deny the truth of this, but it nonetheless confuses me. Aren't movies meant to be, uh, read off their scripts? I understand small modifications/ad libbing eg the famous 'I know,' but I'm interested. What are these differences that could make such an important differences in our debates?

Also, where is the logic in only using the movies to prove a point? If there is a line in the script which could be used to make a unit (eg. the script describing that strange-looking alien in the briefing room in ROTJ who is some kind of grenadier, a Dressellian or something), then why restricted yourself to the script? And if we are debating about some kind of physics involved in SW hyperdrive travel, why only use the (very limited) lines from the script about hyperdrive, if there happens to be a detailed description in the script or, indeed, in EU?
But I think we're missing the point here. The only debates we have involving the EU vs Canon debate are, indeed, the EU vs Canon debate, and the Realism debate involving units to put in GB2. Now it's quite clear that only using the movie to base units on (I'm reading this off your 'only using Primary Canon to prove a point' statement) is a foolish move to make, and you have in fact done otherwise in several cases. So it seems clear that, based on the points above, EU is acceptable as source material in the grand majority of Star Wars cases, especially those discussed in this particular forum.

Obi fixed the bongo with the cigarette lighter!? I don't think I noticed... perhaps it's because the sub itself was actually dark and lying at the bottom of the ocean at the time, thus you couldn't really see inside. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Vostok just knows way too much about Star Wars.

Thanks for the welcome, Windu. I don't doubt that you'll be regretting it as soon as I read one of your ideas....

WTE_Kimba
10-23-2003, 08:46 AM
Well I cant speak Huttese & i sure couldnt get my mouth around Klingon (although i think it is a very erotic language... /me spits on French!) but i do speak drow, as in nasty evil elves kind of drow. Guess thats kind of in the same "bloody remote languages category" - but just a tad out of context here on a GB forum!

So i shall leave you with

B'luthyrr harl, Xor el jjuna

and wonder how many SecPoints Corran will give away for working that one out...

/me wonders off having contributed everything she had now to this converstaion & wonders what question she should ask next~!

CorranSec
10-23-2003, 09:08 AM
French... it's like wiping your ass with silk.

100 SecPoints to the person who identifies what movie that's from and the character that said it, and an extra 100 SPs to the first person to find out who the actor is that said it.
Pretty simple really. :)

Hehe, I like drow, although I only know a tiny bit of the Baldur's Gate kind of drow. I'm guessing you know the Neverwinter Nights kind. Although they might be the same, considering they're both Bioware... ?

Kimba, I can't award SecPoints for a question which I don't have the answer for. :p Maybe you could answer the above questions, get SecPoints for yourself, and give them away?
Or maybe people could try to solve the Drow and then Kimba could say when it's correct. :)

Also, Kimba, I'll give you 1000 SecPoints if you manage to go without using IRC terminology/references for over a week, or for a dozen posts, whichever comes first. Just a little test to see if you can do it. I doubt it, lol.

WTE_Kimba
10-23-2003, 09:16 AM
roflmao

for 1,000 secpoints you have yourself a bet...

easy peasy

Your quote is from the latest The Matrix Movie & i cant remember the guys name, the one who had the "keymaker" - so can i get 50 for getting half the questin right?

And no - I am keeping my secpoints to myself cos they could come in real handy one day - so if anyone gets it I'll let you know & you can give them what you think they deserve for it...

11 more posts to go...

Darth Windu
10-23-2003, 09:22 AM
Corran - perhaps...

BTW it's from 'Matrix Reloaded'

lukeiamyourdad
10-23-2003, 09:36 PM
French erotic language?! Who said that?!

I've been speaking french since I'm 4 yrs old and I don't find it erotic at all...

And a Star Trek language erotic?! I hope you don't find klingons sexy 'cause...
well...

Admiral Vostok
10-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Corran: Firstly, it's Merovingian, from Matrix Reloaded, played by Lambert Wilson.

Now, back to the Canon debate.

I know from the use of :p you are only half serious, but I feel I should rephrase myself: Huttese exists in the Canon of the Star Wars Universe, but it does not exist as a complete language in the real world.

And as for using Canon to prove a point, you misinterpret me. I mean the ovies are the only source you can use to really "understand" Star Wars. If you're making things up for a game, such as SWGB2, then by all means the scripts and in particular alternative concept art are a great source of material, and quite obviously much closer to George Lucas' vision. Even EU can be drawn on for extra units in a game, though I think they really should abide by my three Laws relating to made up units that I posted somewhere around here... I'll see if I can find them. Anyway, what I'm saying is that the scripts, although infinitely better than EU, are unreliable. For example, in the radio dramatisation of A New Hope, Owen Lars was said to be Obi-Wan's brother. This was obviously written into the script by Lucas, who intended it to be the case before he had written Attack of the Clones and made Owen Lars Anakin's step-brother. Now if the original idea had have been included in the movie version of A New Hope, Lucas would not hae been able to change it to the way it is now, because the movies are binding, but because it only existed in Secondary Canon, it isn't necessarily true, and is therefore changable.

Maybe Vostok just knows way too much about Star Wars.Finally you see the light :D

Sithmaster_821
10-23-2003, 11:44 PM
I speak English, just like the majority of the characters in SW and ST...

Admiral Vostok
10-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Hey yeah! We can all speak a Star Wars language!

Anyway I ound my Laws of non-Canon units if anyone wants to read them again. I remembered I wrote them as a response to Windu's incredibly un-StarWarsy ideas with the Wookiee Mirage Tank and Trade Federation Plasma Tank. I put them in my design here (http://vostok.150m.com/Outlines.html#Laws).

swphreak
10-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Vostok
Maybe Vostok just knows way too much about Star Wars.

No, he knows too much about the movies and the so called "cannon stuff"

I speak English, just like the majority of the characters in SW and ST...

No, you speak Galactic Basic :p

lukeiamyourdad
10-25-2003, 01:51 AM
hehe

I have an aurabesh traductor.
I use it to read the stuff written on the consoles in JK2 and JA.
:eek: I can read aurabesh!!!

It's not a traductor really but something that can help you cheat in exams:D

saberhagen
10-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by WTE_Kimba
Oh & by the way saberhagen & anyone else interested - WTE has changed its policy about overseas members - so if you can make our time zone for a game you are more than welcome to join us now. We play Friday nights - Australian EST 8.30pm in IRC & play around 9pm ish.

http://wte-anga.com

check it out if you wish...
:jawa

Could be fun, I just have a few reservations:

1. I don't have broadband

2. Even if I can get Teamspeak working, I might find it really annoying

3. WTE site looks quite scary. This might seem weird coming from someone who likes RTS games, but it's a bit too militaristic for my taste!

WTE_Kimba
10-25-2003, 11:55 AM
1. I dont have Broad band either - its no pre requisite...

2. We very rarely use teamspeak in RTS (2 times a year for important big battles maybe!) - its used more by those playing other games. We use IRC weekly though to meet before the game to chat & decide on teams etc.

3. Scary - nah its not really - the military side is fun - helps organise people & good for handing out rewards & promotions to those earning it, like those who play alot, those who perform outstandingly & do stuff to help run WTE. Its not ridgid & rules, rules, rules, (well I mean it has some but any association has to). We "play" military is a better way to think of it!

Hope that helps a bit....

Admiral Vostok
10-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Phreak - it's "Canon" not "cannon".

Luke's Dad - ever tried using the Aurabesh thing to read the writing in Return of the Jedi? If you do you will find your "traductor" to be wrong.

Kimba - I just remembered I can't play next week due to a Halloween party. I think I'll dress as a Star Wars Character... anyway, it really was a great game last Friday, so I encourage you to join us, saberhagen.

saberhagen
10-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Thanks Kimba. My doubts have now vanished and I'm in - the system even accepted the underscore that I unthinkingly put at the start of my name! :) So I should be there on Friday - if I get the timezone calculations right...

lukeiamyourdad
10-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Actually, it's not a "traductor", just a list of the letters and their meaning in latin alphabet.

Geez, how do you know it's wrong? Are you that fanatical that you can actually read what's written in the movie???

P.S: It works with JK:JO and JK:JA so unless it's been made only for those games, it should work all the time. Besides, it's just for fun.

WTE_Kimba
10-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Great News Saberhagen WOOHOO

you have made my day...

a few things of note:
1. you can change your name & remobe the "_" if you wish via the front page after login if you wish.
2. We have just started daylight savings here so we are forwards an extra hour (ie its now noon but its really only 11am!) just to make you claculations more complicated...
3. This week is probably going to be a quiet one unfortunately. We have a few people not coming for various reasons & i myself shall be late (aiming for IRC at 9pm but even this may be pushing it!) so please dont be disapointed & think this weeks poor show is usual.

Cant wait to see you there. You have IRC? The room we meet in is #WTE_LOTE (ie legions of the eagles)

You have put Windu to shame!

Kim
PS Corran, I have cleared a space to store those 1000 SecPoints... how big are they - will a shoe box sufice?

Sithmaster_821
10-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Can somebody please inform this moron what a traductor is?

Admiral Vostok
10-27-2003, 05:03 AM
* Vostok prepares to demonstrate that he does know too much about Star Wars *

Luke's Dad - the alphabet to which you refer was created not by George Lucas or even anyone associated with Lucasfilm, but was created by the makers of a Star Wars RPG that was released sometime after Return of the Jedi. It was of course based on what we see in Return of the Jedi, yet it doesn't correlate. This alphabet has been widely accepted, and thus is used for writing such as that in the games you mentioned. If, however, you try to use it to decipher the writing in Return of the Jedi, it renders nonsense, and many characters that appear in Return of the Jedi are not found in the "Aurabesh" alphabet at all.

So yes, I am that fanatical. I thought you would know that by now.

Sith - I don't know what a "traductor" is either, which is why I used quotation marks.

saberhagen
10-27-2003, 10:24 AM
We've just finished daylight saving time - it's officially winter over here. :(

I don't have IRC yet but I'll be getting it asap.

I just put in the underscore cos it's in my zone name. I'll remove it if it's a problem, but if it's not I might leave it. BTW do I have to put WTE in front of my name? Or doesn't it matter as you're not a zone clan?

WTE_Kimba
10-27-2003, 10:38 AM
You would use the name WTE_Saberhagen in IRC. We all use it there. The other gaming units use it whenever they are on any public server to identify them selves as clan members, but as Legions is purely self contained at the moment there is no need. If you were writing a letter to someone in WTE about WTE matters then you should probably use it there too as its more formal & official, and gives more weight to the letter as the person knows that you are WTE, not just another letter or enquiry. I have noticed some members use theie WTE_Name for their login & membership but its not neccesary & can often times make it harder for the person posting matches as locating names for gaming points can be tricky ! Welcome on board by the way cant wait to do battle....

CorranSec
10-28-2003, 08:01 AM
You don't need to demonstrate your fandom, Vostok... you exude it from every pore. We take it for granted. Really.

Perhaps a 'traductor' is a horribly mangled 'translator.' Although I think Luke's dad would have corrected himself if it was a spelling mistake. Maybe he's forgotted that he said it. This is indeed one of the greatest mysteries of GB.com since the beginning of time.

Kimba, I think you'll need a rather large nonexistent crate to hold all my nonexistent SecPoints. They're very valuable nonexistent monetary units though. Do not mock the SecPoints!

WTE_Kimba
10-28-2003, 08:24 AM
MOCK?
me??

If I was mocking the SecPoints I wouldnt be controlling myself so bad in order to get a grands worth would I?

It was merely a polite enquiy as to how much room I needed to allocate to their storage to ensure i could accomodate every last one!

Now I know - thanks for that - I shall order in a LARGE non existant crate immediately - actually I can go one better that! I shall hand carve one myself out a single non existant piece of ebony & put some fancy invisible brass locks & hinges on it.

Mock indeed!

swphreak
10-28-2003, 09:45 AM
quit mocking and get working on a time machine. I wanna play GB with some of my Aussie friends on the weekends, but not at 4 in the morning.

lukeiamyourdad
10-28-2003, 08:04 PM
I made a error a traductors and everything. I miss translated things...geez I live in Montreal and speak french and vietnamese all day long except for a few friends...geez...

WTE_Kimba
10-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Does it work out to be 4am?
eek

Admiral Vostok
10-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Luke's Dad - sorry, we were just confused, that's all.

Phreak - where are you in the US? I was under the impression you were on the East side, which would make it 14 hours behind and hence 6:30am... which is workable...

swphreak
10-28-2003, 10:33 PM
I was actually exaggerating, but still.... I'm asleep at 6:30 AM

besides, what night do you all play on?

If Friday, that would be Friday at 6:30AM, but I'm at school.
If Saturday, that would be Saturday at 6:30 AM and I'd love to sleep... but maybe.

I don't know. Time Zones confuse me....

WTE_Kimba
10-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Its 8.30pm AEST Friday nights.
What i shall attempt to remember to do tonight is to send you an email at 8.30pm so you can see what time it is when it gets to you. That way should be easier to translate over for in 2 days time. Makes mental note to self...

polishes up invisible brass hinges...

swphreak
10-29-2003, 09:53 AM
I made life easier and just changed the timezone on the forums and compared it to my clock on my desktop.

6:50AM EST (GMT -5) = 10:50PM EAST (GMT +10)

somewhere along there. So nope, can't join. I am, at this very moment, at 6:52AM EST, sitting in my 1st period classroom.

Oh well

lukeiamyourdad
10-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Actually it's quite possible. Sometimes I see Corran up on MSN or Vostok up here at 4:00 pm EST.

Someone has to get up early, either the aussies or the north americannies:p

Admiral Vostok
10-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Yes it's quite possible if the North Americans play in the afternoon, because that makes it mid morning for the Aussies. However with the WTE meeting of a Friday afternoon things aren't quite so nice for the North Americans.

swphreak
10-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Yea, we're in school while you're enjoying your weekend

*shakes fists*

Anywho. Once we get the tourny set up, we'll make times to play each other ;)

WTE_Kimba
10-30-2003, 12:13 AM
Sorry StarWarsPhreak that the times cant work for you. Sorry also for not sending an email like I said (had one of THOSE evenings where everything that could go wrong did!) but i am glad you worked out the times OK.

I have heard romour that we are going to possibly change our day & meet time - but nothing has been suggested or agreed upon yet. I shall keep you updated for sure.

Youre in school by 7am WOW - school generally doesnt start here until 9am. Somehow think we got the better part of that deal. Guess you got exams & stuff coming up soon so good luck with them.

lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2003, 02:16 AM
*runs around shooting on people actually getting to sleep in the morning*

9:00 am? only then???

argh...I have to get up at 6:30 am...grrr...

CorranSec
10-30-2003, 05:32 AM
I get up at 6:30 most days anyway, despite the fact that school starts at 9:00, but that's only because of the damned birds.
*starts to throws stones at birds*
*is stopped by various pro-animal activists*
Okay, so the birds are kinda cool. But I'm one of those people that just can't get to sleep. So I go and find something to do. Which is generally not hard to do. That may explain how I get to talk to Phreak or Luke's dad on MSN. It is, indeed, something to do....

Yes, you polish that nonexistent box well and good, Kimba. I hope you're keeping track of the posts and days. I'm not. :p

swphreak
10-30-2003, 09:49 AM
oh, I'm just something to pass your time!?

*runs away crying*

I start at 7:15AM, and end at 2:15PM :D

Admiral Vostok
10-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Phreak, may I ask why you wish to destroy Hasbro?

swphreak
10-31-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Admiral Vostok
Phreak, may I ask why you wish to destroy Hasbro?

This is why (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=21541)

I'm a big Action Fleet collector :xp:

lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2003, 12:29 AM
:eek:

I can't believe it!

I have almost all the old ones(the OT vehicles)!

They won't let me buy the new ones?!

*Joins Phreak in the destruction of Hasbro*

swphreak
10-31-2003, 12:50 AM
Really? You should come down to the Star Wars Forums and sneak into the Collection Section. I could always use some Action Fleet back-up :p

Once I dust my shelf that holds all my ships, I'm gonna take updated pics with my Ep 2 ships

lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2003, 12:56 AM
why? Is it badly seen down there?

swphreak
10-31-2003, 12:58 AM
I'm like the only one there who collects them :xp:

They all collect dolls and whatnot :p

WTE_Kimba
10-31-2003, 12:58 AM
Well actually CorranSec - i am glad you mentioned it cos the week is up! (I had only done 8 posts so that came first).
The box is finished & looking lovely - like the silver inlay?
Are you sending a cheque or shall I dispatch a courier?
:D :D :D :D :D

Admiral Vostok
10-31-2003, 01:00 AM
I am (or was until I started playing Warhammer - hobbies get expensive) an action figure collector. I have about $1500 worth of Star Wars action figures. I recently packed them all away into boxes in preparation for my trip to Canada... it was a moving experience...

Sithmaster_821
10-31-2003, 10:08 PM
Wow, I feel so left out. I dont collect a damn thing. At all.

Oh, well. Schools on this side of the dateline probably start earlier cause my school starts at 7:30 too.

lukeiamyourdad
10-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Damn I feel sorry for y'all. Getting up so early...

Sithmaster_821
11-01-2003, 01:55 AM
argh...I have to get up at 6:30 am...grrr...
Why should you feel sorry for me? You have to get up nearly the same time.

lukeiamyourdad
11-01-2003, 02:10 AM
hmm...I guess, but that's just because I wanna watch tv in the morning:D

There's some good shows. I could wake up at 7:30...

Sithmaster_821
11-02-2003, 02:18 AM
Some days I just go back to sleep after 7:30...

CorranSec
11-03-2003, 08:35 AM
We have no good TV in the morning, except for cartoons and other kiddie shows. Some of them aren't so bad. But hey... I'd rather sleep. But I can't anyway.... cos of the birds... quite the vicious cycle. Circle. Round thing.

And Kimba, shall I give it to you in one 1000 SP coin?