View Full Version : missionpack

10-03-2003, 03:10 PM
i was wondering if some time in the future a missionpack to jedi academy would come?

10-03-2003, 03:16 PM
for the love of pete, man, stop posting the same question in different threads! Admins, please, please do something about this guy!

*grumble grumble

10-03-2003, 03:24 PM
it is not the same question. I askd if a update would come to fix the bugs and so one.. a missionpack adds more missions

10-03-2003, 03:37 PM
my mistake... BUT, there are many, many threads discussing both of these issues... take some time before posting and look around. Having multiple topics concerning the same subject gets really, really old.

10-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Nobody knows until its announced. 2 weeks after the game's release? I doubt it.

If you just mean a level pack, I kind of doubt that as well. Nothing like that was done for JK2. All we got was the demo level.

If an expansion comes, I predict it will appear in 8-18 months (and by that time it might be a full sequel... although if rumors of no more Q3 engines being used for JK series are true, it may be several years).

10-03-2003, 09:29 PM
A mission pack would be a nice idea, and I wish Rave/Lucasarts would support MP in this series of games like Epic did with Unreal Tournament. Of course, the emphasis of UT was on MP, and I guess they recognised the benefits of on-going support to keep the game interesting and alive.

With JO/JA, there is a strong SP game (mostly), and MP is undoubtedly less than half of the development process.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I'd like to see them develop another Jedi Knight game, but with an MP focus.

A smart move would be to do that using the Unreal engine, because it already has strong MP and Bot support.