PDA

View Full Version : JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

Pages : [1] 2

monsoontide
10-05-2003, 12:40 AM
Images have been updated and are now on page 2 & 3!

Pnut_Man
10-05-2003, 01:14 AM
I really like what i'm seeing here :D

El Sitherino
10-05-2003, 02:32 AM
sweet! I love that dewback.

mariners2001
10-05-2003, 03:17 AM
:drop2:

ooooooo.....this is what jka is gonna be all about....we just need some massive maps

DarkLord60
10-05-2003, 03:29 AM
You are a modeling god!

king yoda
10-05-2003, 12:53 PM
the stap bike looks cool.

CortoCG
10-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Nice work monsoon. You know what you are doing, I can tell =). Keep up!.

monsoontide
10-07-2003, 02:48 AM
Here's the in progress Sith Speeder & an partially textured Scout Trooper

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/SithSpeederWIP.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Scout_WIP.jpg

Monsoontide

CortoCG
10-07-2003, 04:52 AM
Wow, now that scout impresses me. Nice fine job in there.

king yoda
10-07-2003, 11:10 AM
i agree. itīs amazing.

GothiX
10-07-2003, 11:25 AM
Spiffy.. :D

MuRaSaMuNe
10-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Nice! I wonder if you can make a vehicle (like the transport in Ep2) in which you can have passengers with you, and some who can shoot the lasers? :cool: The bantha is my fav :D

monsoontide
10-07-2003, 05:27 PM
I was looking through the .veh file and there is a line for number of passengers - all are set to 1 currently and I'm not sure how to add the extra rider TAGS.

So I believe it's possible - just yet to be done!

Monsoontide

t3rr0r
10-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by monsoontide
I was looking through the .veh file and there is a line for number of passengers - all are set to 1 currently and I'm not sure how to add the extra rider TAGS.
that would allow for some cool vehicles then... like luke's landspeeder. :D

Emon
10-07-2003, 11:04 PM
tag_passenger*? * = number.

DarkLord60
10-07-2003, 11:21 PM
:eek: That is amazing wow I like your work better than LEC's

monsoontide
10-07-2003, 11:48 PM
EMON - I'm guessing that's pretty close!

I managed to get one of the models from Lightwave into a MD3 thismorning, so once all the textures are done and I've fine-tuned everything on that one model, I'll have a go at making it into a vehicle!
Once I get the process worked out - all the others should be fairly easy (Except the animals - since I'll need to work out how to animate them - I hope I don't need to do anything with XSi or 3DSmax!)

As for the scout trooper - I need help with the "bone weighting" & tags etc and just getting him from a model into the game. If anyone can provide assistance, that would be really cool.

(I also modeled his blaster - either to go on the model or perhaps someone can point me in the direction of a gun-making tutorial for JK - Thanks :) )

Monsoontide

BTW - I'll be releasing these vehicles individually for everyone to use, although I have some plans to use some in a couple of my maps.

Hey! Flying the lambda shuttle in JK:JA is cool! Too bad the control method for space-ships really suck - Hmmm, I wonder if they can be adjusted!

sights0d
10-07-2003, 11:54 PM
Holy Crap! I thought the pic of the Dewback was from a movie until I looked closer! I don't know if I'll be able to get that to run on my computer! It's freaking BEAUTIFUL!!!

Duncan_10158
10-08-2003, 12:34 AM
monsoontide, i have seen you thread just now. i am working on a STAP and a speeder bike too, but i dont want to be a competition for you nor the other way around, so way not working togehter? one thing we should discuss, thats the naming of the models, so people can get both of our model without getting trouble. i named them >stap< and >speeder_bike<, the folders and those things you know. we both could give it a second addition so its clearer which model is which. what names do you use?

Your Dewback is realy great, but for animated models you need to use the XSI way. it doesnt work with milkshape and modelview, because you have to create a .gla animation file for it. but if you want we could work together on that. i already made new animation, its my droideka model and it will work the same way like your Dewback will. i am still working on that to figure out some more possibileties.

i could also help you with the scout trooper weighting, but i think there is already a scouttrooper released for JO, but i am not sure.

so what you think, better work together then against each other?

monsoontide
10-08-2003, 03:06 AM
Duncan_10158 - I've only just started actually naming the files mine all have the prefix - JA - eg. JA_Stap
so no real problem there - people can pick and choose - I think it's always good to have variety, so a little bit of competition there is fine. - Do you have any pix of your work?

I would however really appreciate any help animating the Dewback & Acklay as I don't have XSi.

Also help with the scout trooper would be great - You're right, there was an untextured Beta version of a scout trooper released for JO, but since it's never been finished, I wanted to do my own for the speeder bike.

Monsoontide

Duncan_10158
10-08-2003, 08:55 AM
great, lets work together. here is the thread on my models:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114003

about the file names, i have a suggestion, lets both add a suffix, my model would be named >stap_dun< and yours >stap_mon<? if the only difference is you got a JA prefix, people will get confused. they think my model must be for JO then, or some even more confusing :)

i also saw your tag and skin problem. i dont know exaxtly about the skins, it could be something wrong in your model_default.skin file, your texture has a wrong size proportion (128x128, 256x256, 512x512 or 1024x1024) or an incorrect path name or file name.
i add the tag right in the modeling program as small triangles and export it with the model. but dont know that for milkshake.

it would be also cool if we compare our .veh files. surely it would be fun if our vehicles are different in driving, but one shouldnt be two times faster, you know. that makes people download both of our models :)

monsoontide
10-08-2003, 01:36 PM
Glad you've managed to get your models in-game.
Are you using 3DS or GMAX?

What did you call your tags?
just *driver
or tag_*driver?

I don't think people will get confused though, since vehicles are only in Jedi Academy. But your plan is sound, so I have no objections.:)

Ya know - can I send my stap.glm your way and see if you can get it to work?

Monsoontide

Duncan_10158
10-08-2003, 10:52 PM
I use 3ds max for modeling, this way i can make new animations too.
all the tag are named bolt_something, for ex. bolt_driver. there is no >*< in the word. the center is the gravitational center, you know. the middle of the triangle shows what have to be there.

i am very happy about your agree to a naming convention, that will make our work much less confusing, thanks.

if you want you can sent me your .glm file, posibly an exported 3ds version. if you like i can sent you my model in exchange. you can take look at them in game and you can see my solution to the driver problem.

take also a look in my thread, i answerd your question there too.

monsoontide
10-08-2003, 11:09 PM
A-ha!

That me be the problem.
I was working of an example in another thread that stated that the tags should be *rider.
I checked the swoop.glm and it imported with *driver, so I used:
*driver
*muzzle1
*muzzle2
*exhaust1
*exhaust2

I expect quake doesn't like the * glyph.

so then I take it your syntax is:
bolt_driver
bolt_muzzle1
bolt_muzzle2
bolt_exhaust1
bolt_exhaust2

Sorry to spread these replies over two threads!
Perhaps we should condense them into a combined thread?

Anyways, will try that when I get home and if it doesn't change anything, will send you the model as per my other reply :)

Monsoontide :sweating:

Zappa_0
10-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Hey those look great, you have anything else in mind of making later on? Also when do you think you will release those? I cant wait to see them in game, their gonna rock.

Neverhoodian
10-09-2003, 10:39 PM
I like what I'm seeing here. The scout trooper looks great, and the dewback looks just phenomenal! It's great that JA modders are fufilling gamer's wishes for more variety with vehicles.

monsoontide
10-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Currently working with Duncan_10158 to get one of the models in-game. Once we can sort this process out - it should be fairly easy to get the rest of the static models in game.
Will post updated pix when that happens. :wan:

reaper1576
10-10-2003, 02:41 PM
can we say man babys

Duncan_10158
10-10-2003, 03:05 PM
monsoontide, could you sent me the files again, thanks.

monsoontide
10-10-2003, 03:18 PM
.glm
.md3
.ms3d
.lwo
.skin
.qc
.jpg
.tga
.skin

Hope you'll be able to make better use of these. Plus I renamed them to stap_MST - Mon-Soon-Tide ;)

No Really! I did attach the files this time!:D

MuRaSaMuNe
10-10-2003, 09:31 PM
Very nice. Are you planning to release all these in a pack with a map or a mod or something? Or is this just an individual project?

monsoontide
10-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Possibly.

I have plans for a couple of them for a siege_map I am working on.

The rest I was just going to release when they're done for people to use in their own maps - much in the way you currently download player models.
Though I'll probably package them according to a theme
e.g. speeders, beasts etc or maybe by movie e.g. Phantom Menace, Return Of The Jedi etc

Not at that point yet, so haven't really thought about it!

Should have some pix of Anakins Speeder up this weekend (It's about 85% modeled)

The Cheat
10-11-2003, 12:15 AM
wow, very impressive, i thought that the pic of the dewback was a ref pic you were using, just amazing

i cant wait for these things to be released

Kengo
10-11-2003, 09:43 AM
Wow Monsoontide...talk about multi talented! Not only do Raven go ahead and give us NPC models galore to play with for SP maps...you work on a tonne of new creatures and vehicles as well! This is really great for the community, and very exciting! :rddance:

Scoundrel
10-11-2003, 10:05 AM
Amazing! I first though that Devback is pic from movie. And that sith speeder... Impressive, really impressive. And Aclay? I'm really waiting towards to get this.

I dunno about that STAP. It looks pretty much like the one Duncan did, but textures are better.

When are you going to release these? I cant wait.

And after those, what are you going to do? More vehicles?

t3rr0r
10-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Scoundrel
I dunno about that STAP. It looks pretty much like the one Duncan did, but textures are better.
they differ in height, as duncan chose to fit the model to the animation.

The Cheat
10-11-2003, 03:04 PM
yea the hard part is going to be making these things ridable i believe since he will have to make new postures for the riders instead of using the existing ones like duncan did, although if it works it should improve the quality of the final product

monsoontide
10-12-2003, 06:59 AM
Hey folks! :D

Well, with Duncan_10158's help, we've managed to get my stap model in game. It's a wee bit on the small side (currently - will be fixed) and I have to work out several conversion issues for my models before I can give them to Duncan for converting to in-game but I should work it this week so we can work on getting them finished.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/stapingame.jpg

Also working on this model to go with the speeder bike and Scout - No! Really! It will look good! ;)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/EwokGlider_WIP.jpg
As part of an MP Endor map

And finally, nearly have Anakins speeder from EP2 done. Just have to work on blending and sharpening the textures so there's no seams. (These textures are VERY incomplete!)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/AniSpeedWIP.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their continuing support and assistance.

In the meanwhile, Duncan_10158 has released his Speeder_Bike and Stap models for download, so check them out too!

Scoundrel
10-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Wow! That Anakins Speeder is very cool. I first thought that you menat speeder bike. This is much cooler. Can there be two people in it?

recon
10-12-2003, 08:19 AM
wow im amazed at how cool that render looks ! GW :D

DarkLord60
10-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Wow I can't wait for this! those look amazing!

Gonkish
10-14-2003, 02:12 AM
HOLY CRAP.

I love you.

Can I make a request? An ISD and/or a Corellian Corvette? (not for a remake of the opening scene of ANH, but.. yeah for the hell of it..)

ALL OF THAT is fantastic, man.

The_Mega_ZZTer
10-14-2003, 02:17 AM
http://mzzt.atronox.com/Private/o_o.gif

Pedro The Hutt
10-14-2003, 06:43 AM
That's all good.... minus the speeder that Anakin nabbed on Coruscant, it looks a bit.. flat, even for the speeder. But nice job on it besides that nitpicky detail.

Scoundrel
10-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Any updates? Man, you go to release some of these soon. Those are fabulous.

monsoontide
10-14-2003, 02:27 PM
O.K.

Well, Duncan is just putting the finishing touches on my version of the STAP. Of course owing to the wierd way RAVEN decided to put riders on the vehicles, it's currently impossible to fit the riders to the vehicles properly. (As I've mentioned before, instead of just having a driver tag, they should hav had feet and hand position tags too - but that creates problems with the player animations I'd imagine)

Anyway, I'm just finalizing the skins for the rest of the vehicles, and I sent Duncan_10158 the Dewback to start working on animation and make sure the mesh is OK for animating.

Will release the unpainted mesh with the models so people can reskin the models as they wish.

sights0d
10-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I wonder if you could contact Raven and ask them for help w/ the animations and stuff first.

t3rr0r
10-14-2003, 04:05 PM
looking good, mon (i feel like i'm speaking with a jamaican accent)... although, the stap looks like a mini-stap... did you take that while you were tweaking the files?

Tesla
10-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Man, your one damn good Moddeler :D

My fav so far is the Sith Speeder, hehehe, when thats in game i can use the Darth Maul npc i've put in game and ride around Sith Style :D

Can't wait till there all finished. ;)

t3rr0r
10-14-2003, 06:08 PM
ooh! i just had a thought... what about a dooku speeder? :O

monsoontide
10-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Nah! :D

IMHO Dooku's speeder is the worst speeder design they've (Lucasfilm) come up with. I'm not sure why, I just don't like it - it just seems like some sort of futuristic moped. It doesn't really ever seem to go fast in the movie.
But that's just my view. ;)
Good suggestion though, I hadn't thought of that one. Luke Landspeeder is more of a possibility or the Lars Family Speeder bike. Ya know a Bongo could be cool, but I can't imagine a map that would use it (There is a flag in the vehicle file about being waterproof).

Really though, I need to get the other half dozen models finished before I start work on any more. Plus I'm just starting on converting my two SAGA maps to SIEGE mode, & reworking my QuiGon/Darth Maul Duel map so I'm a wee but busy. ;)

:wan: :mauls:

Tesla
10-14-2003, 06:54 PM
What about a Star Wars Movie Vehicle Pack, where you have every vehicle thats been in the Movies, Originals & Prequels, alot of stuff like Ties, X-Wings are already in-game, but you could make N-1s, Gungan Vehicles, AAT and the Battle Droid carriers,

I can't think of anymore right now but......man this game has alot of potential for Vehicles :D

Zappa_0
10-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Other Vehicles:

A-Wing
Y-Wing
ATAT
ATPT
Slave I
Cloud City Fighter
Tie Intercepter
Darth Vaders Tie Fighter
Geonosis Fighter
Jed Starfighter
Darth Mauls ship "Sith Intercepter" I think
Trade Federation Fighters
Republic Gun Ship
Anakins StarFighter
HailFire Droid
Battle Droid Tank
Skyhopper
Zam's Speeder
Snow Speeder
E-Wing
B-Wing

t3rr0r
10-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Cloud City Fighter
and that's already in the game in .md3 format, so maybe a quick conversion could be in order.

monsoontide
10-14-2003, 08:42 PM
I believe that the AOTC Total Conversion project is working on a number of those - not sure if they're as playable vehicles though.

Vader's Tie Fighter is I think partially in game as a map model.
Pod Car is In game - just needs to be set up as a vehicle.
Also Zam Wessels speeder is in game though not set up as a vehicle (LO-POLY though)
I think? Someone else has done a Jedi Starfighter vehicle (Though I think it had been pinched from AOTC Total Conversion - I may be wrong though)
A couple of the others have been modeled as map pre-fabs, I can think of
A-Wing, Slave 1, The Outrider, AT-AT, Snowspeeder and a LO-POLY map object version of the N-1 starfighter (That could use a new version).
While some of these would be suitable as vehicles, a few of them are really a bit tooooooo large - UNLESS the whole map was scaled to size and only vehicles were used (like some mad Quake3 engine version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter!)
The YT-1300 (Falcon) is set up as a vehicle but there's no model set up for it, so it crashes the game!

Until someone really get's the hang of the spaceships & makes them playable, I think it'll be mostly smaller 1 & 2 person vehicles and animals.

Kadduu, Eopie, Shaak (Anikins Rodeo Level :D ), Fambaa, Ronto, Bantha etc...

wedge2211
10-14-2003, 09:50 PM
While some of these would be suitable as vehicles, a few of them are really a bit tooooooo large - UNLESS the whole map was scaled to size and only vehicles were used (like some mad Quake3 engine version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter!)
AT-ATs and snowspeeders could be quite cool...

*Thinks about Star Wars HALO*

:cool:

Has anybody answered the question of whether vehicles can have a driver, a gunner, and/or passengers? I imagine with Siege scripting it wouln't be hard at all to have a vehicle that an emplaced_gun follows around, as if it was part of the vehicle...but doing it all in one package would be much more efficient.

JoeyJoJoShabado
10-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Well Hiryu swift said that he's fixed the lambda shuttle to allow 3 people in it, 2 people controlling side turrets.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113020&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

Kengo
10-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
AT-ATs and snowspeeders could be quite cool...

*Thinks about Star Wars HALO*

:cool:

Wow man, I like your Halo style thinking on this one....vehicles with gunners? Man that would be good for Siege....

*Pauses to imagine it*

HiryuSwift
10-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe
Nice! I wonder if you can make a vehicle (like the transport in Ep2) in which you can have passengers with you, and some who can shoot the lasers? :cool: The bantha is my fav :D

I got multiple people working for the lambda shuttle the download link is: http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/swiftsgarage/lambda2.pk3

the spawn name is lambdashuttle2 Two other people control the turrets, unfortunately I can't get them to move for some reason, I'm going to continually update it. Another problem is the turret view is a little messed up. For just passengers, it'd probably be something like this:

turret1
turretview1 "<whatever the pilot's view is>"

I'm pretty sure it's turret1view or turretview1 or something lol I'm not at home :p.

Since there's no weapon assigned to turret1 it should act just like a passenger. That's just for hide rider ships though, I'm not sure how it would work with a speeder and such. Also, it'd probably be possible to make it so that the passengers can look around. If you guys need any help .veh file wise, I'd be glad to help.

I'm not that good at editting and such, I just saw that all of this was in here, but was commented out (//) so I took the comments out and it worked. Not sure why they commented it out though...

MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 07:01 PM
SWEET STUFF!!!

I've heard on another post that someone already has the lambda shuttle made, 3 passengers, 2 guns :D

I reiterate SWEET STUFF

(and some damn good modelers):cool:

MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 07:05 PM
By the way, don't forget to use your talent on flyable vehicles, I mean EVEN I COULD make that z-95 look better, if I had the game. I don't know what modeler who was half asleep modeled that thing lol

DarkLord60
10-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I believe that the AOTC Total Conversion project is working on a number of those - not sure if they're as playable vehicles though.

Vader's Tie Fighter is I think partially in game as a map model.
Pod Car is In game - just needs to be set up as a vehicle.
Also Zam Wessels speeder is in game though not set up as a vehicle (LO-POLY though)
I think? Someone else has done a Jedi Starfighter vehicle (Though I think it had been pinched from AOTC Total Conversion - I may be wrong though)
A couple of the others have been modeled as map pre-fabs, I can think of
A-Wing, Slave 1, The Outrider, AT-AT, Snowspeeder and a LO-POLY map object version of the N-1 starfighter (That could use a new version).
The YT-1300 (Falcon) is set up as a vehicle but there's no model set up for it, so it crashes the game!

Until someone really get's the hang of the spaceships & makes them playable, I think it'll be mostly smaller 1 & 2 person vehicles and animals.

Kadduu, Eopie, Shaak (Anikins Rodeo Level :D ), Fambaa, Ronto, Bantha etc...

Yes we will be working on a number of those.

Also Zams speeder is almost finished

Tesla
10-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Will they be rideable vehicles or stationary objects ???
Perhaps both ? ;)

monsoontide
10-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Progress report soon - as soon as I have some progress to report! :D

The STAP is ready to go as soon as I finish the skin and type up the readme ;)

Duncan_10158 has the Dewback and is working on the animations.

New pics late today or tomorrow.

Busy, busy busy!!!

Tesla
10-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Awesome :D
So are all the others finished or are they on hold until the Stap & Dewback are done ?
Cant wait to see the new pictures. :D

ZBomber
10-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow... Aweosme job... :|

monsoontide
10-16-2003, 09:39 PM
I just have to tidy up the skins and the meshes.
The Sith Speeder and Speeder Bike are the next closest to completion.

Hope to have them ready by the end of next week.

Tesla
10-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Great :D
I seroiusly can't wait to be zooming around in these beautys !!:D

MasterSidious
10-16-2003, 10:49 PM
BECAUSE of you I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY... want JA now :D. LOL I don't even have my comp. yet to run it. Check out the specs. on my sig. I'm going to have to wait 3 more weeks to get it (DAMN) and I've already waited for 3 lol(damn again) but oh well, good moding and really sweet stuff you're making.

I just hope you can make like, I know this is a lot to ask but
this :atat: . I know it can be done just A LOT of work but it would be really cool :(

monsoontide
10-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Making One Would be the EASY part. Getting it animated and working in the game (Along with a big enough map, that's the hard part!)
Wonder if we used the scaling mod (for yoda) to make ALL the player smaller - then you could make appropraite Snow Speeders & AT-AT's without the maps having to be too big - Just thinking out loud :D

Duncan_10158
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
i started to animate the Deback and its a very hard work. in fact i am still stting up the skeleton. as i made the animations for the droideka, i think it will take quite a long time to do some good job. so dont expect this to be finished soon.

animated models will take much longer to make, cause they are very difficult compared to non-animated models. but as soon we can do some coding there will be a lots of possibilities and we will creat completly new things.

monsoontide
10-16-2003, 11:19 PM
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/AnakinsSpeeder.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Render.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BikeandScoutRender.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Dewback_Render.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/GliderRender.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/SithSpeeder_Render.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Stap_Render.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/STAP_ingame.jpg

monsoontide
10-17-2003, 02:37 PM
OK, I've updated the screenshots a bit, though you probably won't notice a difference on most of them as I said before it's really just finishing the skins and the meshes (I spen most of last night working on the Sith Speeder, so it no longer looks quite like the picture), and I've really only had a chance to work on a couple of them as I've been really busy at work this week!

Will update these next week, once I've done some more work on them.

t3rr0r
10-17-2003, 07:07 PM
have you tried the both_gunsit1 animation for the stap (if it works at all), since the animation looks similar to the stance of the rider (http://www.nebulacomics.com/prod/stapkit.jpg). same goes with the sith speeder.

monsoontide
10-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Will try it out and see if I can get it to work.
Am planning to release the STAP on pcgamemods.com & others this weekend.

Tesla
10-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Nice Pics :D
Damn it, i want great moddeling skills !! :p

Can't wait till one of these is released :D

Duncan_10158
10-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
have you tried the both_gunsit1 animation for the stap (if it works at all), since the animation looks similar to the stance of the rider (http://www.nebulacomics.com/prod/stapkit.jpg). same goes with the sith speeder.

i tried to replace the animation, but i didnt work. to change >riderAnim< seems to have no effect. it looks like the animation is coded in the vehicle class. if i change the class, the animations doesnt work at all. i am looking forward to use both_gunsit1 as rideranimation as soon we can change the code.

DarkLord60
10-20-2003, 12:37 AM
Wow those are really looking great!

monsoontide
10-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Duncan now has the Sith Speeder (I finsihed skinning it on Friday night), and since making new animations for the Dewback is going to take a while, I've enlisted the help of Keshire over at Raven Forums to help animate the Acklay if he can.
I am finishing up the textures for the speeder bike tonight, plus finalizing the STAP which I hope to release either late tonight or tomorrow before I go to work!

P.S. For those who are interested, I was going through some siege documentation and it appears that the Rocket Trooper uses a different animation set to the standard player animations.

Tesla
10-20-2003, 12:57 AM
Cool, sounds like everythings going well. :D

Rocket Trooper...is that the one with the Jetpack, there's a walking version of it on the Dreadnaught level, anyone know the Npc code for the Rocket Trooper ?

And does it work with the Playermodel command ?

Sorry to go off topic :(

monsoontide
10-20-2003, 02:58 AM
Hey all,
I've released the STAP model over on
pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2630/)
With 3 screenshots

Big thanks to all who contributed - Especially Duncan_10158 for getting the model in game :D

If anyone has any trouble getting it going or finds errors anywhere let me know ASAP so that I can take care of them.
Feel free to tweak the .veh file to suit your needs.
(And send it to me if you make it really good!)

I put the blank texture template in there if anyone wants to do their own custom paint job.

O.K. next up (Hopefully) the sith speeder :mauls:

Tesla
10-20-2003, 03:11 AM
YES !!!
Great news :D
Can't wait for your next vehicles :D YAY !!!! :D :p

seks03
10-20-2003, 06:49 AM
Great job Monsoontide, I know your busy with the all these great models but when you are done or have time,.... A Pod racer and some one can remake Bonta Eve.

As for Duncan, do you do the models and he skins them?

Ive also put you on my site under the Request page

monsoontide
10-20-2003, 01:41 PM
No, I build & Skin the models, but since I don't have (Or use) 3DS Max, I can't get them in game properly, so, that's where Duncan comes in - He places the tags, wights the 3D mesh and exports it so it will run through RAVEN's "assimilate" program, which creates a "proper" glm & gla file - just doing it through "MD3view" only creates a glm file which doesn't show up in game!
He also is animating the dewback.

riovu
10-20-2003, 07:20 PM
I gotta question is anakin speeder gnna be a land or air vehicle?i think i would be better in land cuz there easier to control or maybe u can make two of em one for sky and one for ground

monsoontide
10-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Undecided as yet - will have to do some testing on it to see which is best.

Which reminds me:
Duncan_10158 has just sent me the Sith Speeder for testing :mauls:
If anyone is interesting in testing it and tweaking the .veh file to give a more "sith" - like ride, let me know.
Also need help tweaking the weapons system (It's supposed to lay mines - currently using those green spiky things the lambda shuttle fires - but Duncan informs me they appear in the wrong place).

Spent last night working on the speeder bike and apart from a couple of pieces, it's all done and will be on it's way to Duncan tonight or tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, grab the STAP from:
pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2630/)
If you don't already have it.

Tesla
10-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Would it be ok, if tested and see if i could tweak the Sith Speeder to a more sith like feel as you put ?

If want me to test it then send it my way, here (tesla@xtremegamesinc.com) :)

monsoontide
10-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Would anyone be interested in an "Air-Whale" vehicle?

(You know the thing the Kaminoan rides out of the water in Ep2)

Tesla
10-20-2003, 11:13 PM
What a great idea :D

LOL, would be kinda cool riding one of those around. ;)

I say go for it :)

Padawan_7
10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Would anyone be interested in an "Air-Whale" vehicle?

(You know the thing the Kaminoan rides out of the water in Ep2)

Wow, that's a great idea! :D
I've never thought about that.

Yeah, go for it. I love those things.

By the way, this is the first time I've posted in this thread and I think this is some great work you and Duncan are doing together!

JoeyJoJoShabado
10-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Great model. Is there anyway you can get it to levitate higher similar to the movies, or is it impossible without the sdk?

monsoontide
10-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Unzip the PK3, and in the ext/data/vehicles folder, open the .veh file in a text editor and alter the Hover Height value - then pack it all back up and away you go.

monsoontide
10-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Duncan had to modify it a bit to make the rider fit better.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/sithspeeder_1.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/sithspeeder_2.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/sithspeeder_3.jpg

Anyone else want to beta test? ;)

Tesla
10-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Me please :D
Mail it here please (tesla@xtremegamesinc.com)
:D

Scoundrel
10-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Well, yeah. I could beta test those too.
remysharpe@sunpoint.net
or
hemmingway@suomi24.fi

Send files to both of those adresses, I might have problems with sunpoint.net adress.

monsoontide
10-21-2003, 06:29 PM
I emailed it to you last night, did you not get it - let me know and I can send it again.

Scoundrel, will post it to you when I get home from work - Darn Mac's here ;)

riovu
10-21-2003, 10:07 PM
I think u wanted to make a siege map so i got a suggestion for u I think that endor would be a good map and u could put some of your models u made in it

monsoontide
10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Already there ;)

Tesla
10-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Whoops, must have forgot to check my e-mail last night...yeah i got it, just going to test it now :D

Pnut_Man
10-21-2003, 10:31 PM
i'd be more than happy to test the sith speeder, and the speeder bike when it's ready ;)

pnutmaster2003@yahoo.com

OR

ka_tomar@hotmail.com

riovu
10-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Well i have a suggestion again i think that a queen ship would be good

monsoontide
10-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Already made a pre-fab of that for Jedi Outcast
(Available @ pcgamemods.com!)

However, I'm working on redoing it for a Power Duel Map.
(And will try and get a proper chrome finish on it this time!

Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan :wan: vs Darth Maul :mauls:

(Complete with sith speeder bike!)

P.S. Will Send out the Sith Speeder (BETA) to those who are interested

BUT! I Want feedback and help with .veh file & weapon file!
(The sparkly mine weapon is just a bit OTT)

JoeyJoJoShabado
10-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the command monsoontide, was fun to toy around with it. :)

However I probably didnt make myself clear enough. I sort of meant is it possible to get the the thing to hover at varying heights in the game. So if you were to look up or press some sort altitude increasing key, you would increase your height. Sort of like having a minimum and maximum height limitation. Or are the vehicles stuck to one specific hover height?

I look forward to your further releases. :)

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 02:48 AM
Unless you change the vehicle to handle like a spaceship, you currently can't go up and down (Change altitude) in a speeder - however, I imagine once RAVEN (finally) release the source code stuff, someone with better scripting skills than I will be able to make it happen.

CURRENT SITH SPEEDER BETA TEST LIST:

Tesla
Sunburn
Nym259
Scoundrel
Scouttrooper
Pnut_Master

> Check Your e-mails - it Should be there soon if you aren't already testing ;)
> Let me know if it doesn't get to you tonight so I can resend it to your other email addresses.

DON't unpack the .pk3 file until you've played with the vehicle as it may cause it not to work properly.

Feel free to edit the .veh and weapon files and send them to me along with any feedback on the model itself.

Good Luck & Thanks

Scoundrel
10-22-2003, 11:51 AM
I got it, I have tested little bit, havent faced any problems. Exept one thing, I think that this should turn little bit faster.

Btw, those mines are funny, bit weird though:cool:

Wonderful model indeed..

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi Scoundrel,

Glad you got it going - Yes need to do something aboout those mines!

In the meanwhile, Keshire has managed to start animating the acklay - though he has only just started here are some in-game shots of it. :D
I still have to finish the texture for it though.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Dead.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Front.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Riding1.jpg
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Riding2.jpg

Mex
10-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Thats a nice model you got there but I think you should move the head up a little bit so you can see the riders head.

Now to get my Jedi Academy working! :(

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 02:57 PM
The Head isn't yet animated!

tFighterPilot
10-22-2003, 03:49 PM
OMG, it looks fricking amazing!

Scoundrel
10-22-2003, 05:23 PM
I would be more than happy to test that too when it is enough ready for that. It looks sooo great.

Btw, how about Trade Federation Tank or Bantha? My favourites, I think.

kmd
10-22-2003, 08:55 PM
i will beta test the sith speeder bike, or that ep2 animal thing

Pnut_Man
10-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Yep, I experienced no problems with the sithspeeder whatsoever. Only drag was that I had to remove your STAP vehicle so that I could use the sithspeeder (damn vehicle extension message prevented me from launching games). Mines are a bit weird, but an interesting new weapon. Perhaps the speeder itself could drop out proximity mines instead of laser bolts?

Nice work with the Acklay so far.

kmd
10-22-2003, 09:18 PM
my mail is shadowassasin2050@yahoo.com, shout me a hollar

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Ya know, I just remembered I made a skiff m odel ages ago for Jedi Outcast, that I never used!!! Just needs reskinning!

KMD - Will post you sithspeeder when I get home from work.

The Cheat
10-22-2003, 10:00 PM
nice looking models guys, you are really putting the new system to good use

wedge2211
10-22-2003, 10:11 PM
I think the Acklay was a lot bigger than that in the movie...

*Imagines charging into a furball on a 20-foot-high six-legged monster of bladed death*

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Will pass the issue of scale on to Keshire I think it needs to be a wee bit bigger. Perhaps this is an immature Acklay? ;)

I think a size change can be done while going through the assimilate program.

Pnut_Man
10-22-2003, 10:59 PM
I was curious about the size of the Acklay as well, but then I remembered watching that scene from Episode 2 a couple weeks ago, and recalling that moonside did the proper scaling. If i had any reference pics on me, i'd show you.

Zappa_0
10-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey moon heres an idea for the mine's with the speeder. Is to make the Sith Probe Droids come out from the back of it. In the toy version of the speeder it has a probe droid in the back and I think iy would be cool to do with it. But if its not possible, its still a good idea. And I would also like to beta test it if you dont care.

JediOutcastMovies@msn.com

monsoontide
10-22-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't want it tooo big though, otherwise it's a bit hard to manoeuver around the levels without lots of clipping issues.

kmd
10-23-2003, 12:02 AM
yes very true. not to to big there ;)

t3rr0r
10-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hey moon heres an idea for the mine's with the speeder. Is to make the Sith Probe Droids come out from the back of it. In the toy version of the speeder it has a probe droid in the back and I think iy would be cool to do with it. But if its not possible, its still a good idea. And I would also like to beta test it if you dont care.

JediOutcastMovies@msn.com
if somebody were to model a sith probe droid, all they'd have to do is replace the seeker/remote.

monsoontide
10-23-2003, 06:19 AM
I'd love to do a SIth Probe mine thingy, but I'm not really experienced with the effects editor and I really don't want to be screwing around with it. I've enough to do already.
I added a glow to the sith speeder's control panel, tweaked the vehicle file and made a custom weapon file so the mines work better now.
Anyways, just one more round of testing to do on it and then I will release it this weekend.

Dusted of my old Skiff model. Here it is in current form - I have to finsih the handrails though and add a wee bit more detail (Since it was originally going to be just a map object)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Skiffwip.jpg

Zappa_0
10-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Nice Skiff, everything is looking great!

monsoontide
10-23-2003, 02:45 PM
Duncan has the speeder bike, so hopefully he will get time to work on it soon, as well as working on animating the Dewback.

I am working on finishing up the Ewok Glider and Anakins AirSpeeder (Which will simply be called airspeeder)

You can check on Keshires work on the Acklay in this thread over at
Raven Forums (http://ravenforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=19900#19900)

Also started on the Aiwha model. Will get to the skiff when I've finished a few more of the other models!

kmd
10-23-2003, 02:57 PM
cool, i still cant wait to try out this sith speeder! i want to know if its like your other one, the stap, with that the guns were too high,c ouldnt shoot anything, the lasers went over every ones head

monsoontide
10-23-2003, 03:11 PM
The Sith Speeder drops explosive mines that detonate after a few seconds.
If the STAP is floating too high, you can just edit the hover height value in the ext_data/vehicles/stap_mst/veh file.
Also you can just run over people on foot! ;)
It's really for shooting other people on Stap's or other larger vehicles!

kmd
10-23-2003, 04:17 PM
cool, even better, when do you get off work? cuz that thing is making me droil, i want to beta it even more now, mines:evil2: :dev6:

monsoontide
10-24-2003, 05:49 AM
Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE ;) reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder :mauls: will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it! :confused:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/aiwha_wip.jpg

Pnut_Man
10-24-2003, 09:46 AM
Sorry about getting back to you on the speeder--

The handling is excellent now, most possibly my favorite vehicle until your endor speeder bike is released :p

The mines are fun to fool around with, but it seems they do a considerably weak amount of damage with all of the explosions they produce.

kmd
10-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE ;) reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder :mauls: will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it! :confused:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/aiwha_wip.jpg this weekend, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait, at pcgamemods right? any way this modle looks great, what program do you use to creat these, they are awsome

wedge2211
10-24-2003, 12:35 PM
:eek: Monsoontide, your output rate amazes me. They just keep coming, and coming...and coming...and they look awesome.

I think the aiwha's wingspan is a bit longer...I'm looking at the Star Wars Databank image (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/aiwha/img/movie_bg.jpg). I have one question...a creature like that will have to move forward in order to stay aloft...is there a way to make a vehicle that MUST be moving forward while someone is riding it? (Or, when someone isn't, it'd just be 'at rest,' on the ground--or in the water, in the case of this guy.)

monsoontide
10-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Wedge2211 - if you set the vehicle type to spaceship (or whatever the actual command is, instead od speeder) it will sort of handle the way you describe - i.e. it sits on the ground until you press (& hold) space to take of, then pressing forward will cause it to accelerate (& I think pressing space will cause it to land again - but I always crash too quickly!)

Pnut_Master, I will increase the damage the mines do. Is the explosion OK or is it too big? I can easily make it a different effect.
I tried to find a better effect for the mine but after trying a few, that was the best I could find - for some reason though if you drop the mine in a single player map it's really small!
Thanks very much for the feedback :D

Scoundrel
10-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Amazing! You're doing so goddamn good models in such a short time. That Air Whale whatever is looking very good, I mean very good. Great model and textures.

That Sithspeeder... Amazingly good. Model is just like it should be, very movie-like. Textures are amazingly well done, but those green gloves in motors... should they really be green? I dont remember, but I think that they should be red. Not sure.
Handling of sithspeeder is very good, but I like vehicles what turn little bit faster. Makes moving easier in small maps. Mines are bit weird but very fun. "Laser spikes" as I call them.

Great job, keep it up!

monsoontide
10-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Yes, according to my reference photos, the enigine glows are green!
I've lowered it a bit too so you can actually saber people (Though it's easier to just run them down!)

The mines are wierd - they look different depending on what map you play.

Tesla
10-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Wow, the Sith Speeder rules :D
The updated one you sent me was even better, im going to try tweaking some of the settings and see if i can make it somewhat feel more Sithy :p

kmd
10-24-2003, 03:20 PM
how do you edit a file, when some one told me since i didnt like the stap hovering so high, i would shoot over peeps heads, said to edit the file, well i found the file, but when i open it, and edit, with wordpad or whatever, it says, "doy uo want to save your changes" i say yeah, and it closes, but when i open it back up, no change has been made, its back to were it was before :( any way still cant wait for this speeder, i will check gamemods.com for it on saturday

monsoontide
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
KMD: - make a folder on the upper most level of C: (or D:, whatever - but must be top level) called ext_data, inside that folder, make another one called vehicles. Extract the stap_mst.veh (or whichever vehicle) file to that folder, edit it and then add it back to the zip file (Making sure that "save full path info is checked in winzip")

that way the file will be saved inside the zip file under the correct folder structure.

kmd
10-24-2003, 04:33 PM
k thanx

t3rr0r
10-24-2003, 07:12 PM
i just wanted to say i tried a vh_fighter version of the stap, and although it's a bit buggy, it was quite fun... although the rider was hidden despite my specifications for a visible one... and he was stuck hidden afterwards. more later.

|GG|Carl
10-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice!

Pnut_Man
10-24-2003, 07:53 PM
The effect for the explosion of the mines on the sithspeeder is fine. Keep up the great work :D

tFighterPilot
10-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice! I would've put it the other way around

The Acklay looks amazing!

The rest is nice to...

Although they are all great, the Acklay makes them all pale..

monsoontide
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi folks,

I need some hi res / hi quality images of the desert skiff from ROTJ to use as texture reference. I've only been able to locate a few tiny images from the film and of the toy so far.

Thanks

The forums seems a bit f***ed up at the moment!

monsoontide
10-27-2003, 12:44 PM
I've finally managed to post a new message!

Anyway, as I've been trying to tell everyone - I released the Sith Speeder :mauls: model over at pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2711/)
Thanks to all those who tested it.
Let me know if you have any problems with it - a few people have experienced problems with the mine weapon in SP mode.

Will keep you up to date on progress with the remaining models :D

Scoundrel
10-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to post too. In readme of Sithspeeder, there is list of beta-testers, and my name is missing. I'm beta-tester goddamnit:D

Well, it is not important.

Keep it up.

bliv
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I wasn't a beta tester :(. But I'm very impressed with your vehicles so far. Keep up the good work and I'll look out for the others when they are available.

monsoontide
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm so sorry!
I always forget to mention someone - it's not deliberate (I try to keep track of everyone who is testing) - and invariably p*ss somebody off ;) (I managed to do that with one of my maps!)
Still, there will be plenty more vehicles coming soon for you to test and I promise not to miss ANYONE next time :D

Scoundrel
10-27-2003, 01:33 PM
Plenty more vehicles, er? That is good news of course, but which vehicles? You have many of them in progress. And what are your plans after these? (Bantha!)

kmd
10-27-2003, 01:49 PM
hey the mines dont show up in sp, its just a lazer shooting out the back, a very very very poweriful lazer, i killed 7 human_mercs with one shot, and blew my speeder into hell, luckly i had god mode on ;) but it is hard to use, and their is no boost animation, other than that, i love the speeder, and think it to be better than the default one! and i would love to beta test these other vehicles ye got commen

t3rr0r
10-27-2003, 02:21 PM
since i could post yesterday, i'll try now...

i love the speeder itself, but dislike the weird constant explosion mines. i'd prefer if they were similar to the lambda shuttle mines. and fyi, the whole skin has an ambient glow when dynamic glow is on.

i look forward to future releases.

monsoontide
10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
The whole thing with the mine weapon is just wierd.
As I mentioned in the Readme, the look of it all depends on which level you play on eg. on the duel1 map it looks like a ball of smoke on the ffa1 map it's a lowing blue ball of energy and on the siege_desert map it's a sparkling fizzing white blob, ywt all use the same "ships/bomb" effect.

If you'd rather the weapon of the vehicle behave more to your tastes, feel free to edit the vehicle and weapon files.

tFighterPilot
10-27-2003, 05:17 PM
Too bad it doesn't work well in SP though.

The weird thing, is that when a merc rides on one, it shoots forward. Maybe he shot from his blaster, not sure.

shukrallah
10-27-2003, 08:15 PM
hey are going to make those other creatures from AOTC? That would be awesome, then if someone could design a whole level for AOTC.... wow... that would just be great. The file size would be big, but still... the mod would be awesome.

monsoontide
10-27-2003, 08:27 PM
I believe an ATTACK OF THE CLONES total conversion for Jedi Knight has been underway for some time - can't remember the web-link though.

Gonkish
10-27-2003, 09:07 PM
I just thought of something that you could model that would be amazingly cool..

If you've played Knights of the Old Republic on the Xbox (or, next month, the PC), then you know how awesome the Sith Guard and Sith trooper armors look.. If you could model those two......mmmm...

tFighterPilot
10-27-2003, 09:15 PM
Player model is WAY more complicated than vehicle models. Although that Ackley looks anything but simple...

monsoontide
10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
Modeling players is no problem , doing a decent skin isn't a problem either - it's more a lack of time, since I have so much other stuff I want to get done (Mapping, work etc) - that I'd have to have a really good reason to invest time into a player model.
Perhaps when KOTOR comes out someone will find a way to load the models into 3DSmax and then they could be "adjusted" or used as a base or reference for a JK:KJA version.
Still don't know about KOTOR - I hope they will release a demo for it, I just don't have the spare ca$h to throw at it. Which is why I don't play galaxies or subscribe to hyperspace - but that's another issue entirely ;)

Will post a WIP and some updated pix this week.

shukrallah
10-27-2003, 09:52 PM
yeahm u read something on the music section on the lucasarts kotor site, and they said someone was picking music for the demo... so based on that, it sounds like there will be a demo.

EDIT: Here, i found out where i read it, see:

The decision was made to have Jeremy score the two cutscenes that would be used in the demo, and he began work immediately.

Zappa_0
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
For pictures of skiff's try www.coruscantlibrary.com and http://galactic-voyage.com , and for the AOTC TC website its http://www.aotctc.com . And one question. What weapons do you plan to use for the Aiwha?

monsoontide
10-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the web-links Zappa_0 :)

As for weapons for the various vehicles, I'm open to suggestions.
I'd like to make a sort of falling rock weapon for the ewok glider, & the speeder bike has a standard swoop laser.
As for the rest, I don't know.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know for:
Anakins Airspeeder
Desert Skiff
Aiwha (Thanks for the pix scouttrooper)
Dewback
Acklay

Though I don't really know if any of the beasts will have weapons other than what the rider has.

Zappa_0
10-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Anakins Airspeeder- maybe do a laser like the swoops.

Desert Skiff- Turbo Laser something like a smaller deathstar laser with less power

Aiwha- umm maybe they can drop bombs like thermal dets

Dewback- no weapons. maybe u can make them eat ppl

Acklay- umm it would be cool if u could make them attack. if its possibles, same for dewback but that was a joke.

monsoontide
10-28-2003, 10:16 PM
Keshire has the Acklay set up so if you spawn it as an NPC and not a vehicle, it will attack and skewer you with it front leg and bite your head off!!!
Currently though I don't think it's possible to make the vechile version attack - though hopefully this will change if RAVEN ever release the source code stuff.

Working on skinning the skiff currently. Instead of an onboard weapon, I think it would be cool if we can get passengers who can use their weapons. (The ones in the movies are unarmed)

Pnut_Man
10-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Is it possible to allow the passengers on the skiff to walk around? It would be awesome if they could fire their weapons while riding, should prove useful in ctf and siege ;)

Sorry to be an impatient bastard, but what's the status on the Endor Speeder Bike :D?

monsoontide
10-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately, I think the passengers are stuck in place - since they are positioned with "bolt_passenger" tags on the model.

Duncan_10158 has the Speeder Bike and I guess will get to it when he has time. The model and skin are finished though. Then it will just be the veh file that'll need tweaking - any suggestions for how it should handle compared to the STAP and Sith Speeder?

kmd
10-28-2003, 11:51 PM
faster, it should be a little fast,t he speeder in the movie was liek super fast, and as for a weapon on anikens speeder, why do something diff, why not put a laser cannon on both sides, kinda liek an a-wing, were to laser meet in front and wipe out the target?

monsoontide
10-29-2003, 01:55 AM
Here is the nearly finished texture on the Skiff model.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip1.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip2.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip3.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/skiff_wip4.jpg

It's fairly high point/poly count (Not TOO high though! More than the Tauntaun - Less than the Rancor) so best to have just a few per level.

MasterSidious
10-29-2003, 02:04 AM
Ummm, I'm sure u guys prolly already talked about this but is anything being done to make multiple passengers in vehicles? Or can someone tell me where on the forums to look for this? THANKS :D

SpecialForces
10-29-2003, 02:06 AM
Is it posible for you to make the hover vehicle that has a rotating cannon, like the one in episode 1 when they blow up a tank
and is it posible to have one person driving and another shooting?

monsoontide
10-29-2003, 02:13 AM
Check out this thread

MP Flyable Vehicle Discussion

It's about getting the Lamda Shuttle flying with passengers who operate the side cannons.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=113020&goto=newpost

NOTE: I believe all the tags for the vehicles are:

bolt_driver
bolt_passenger
bolt_muzzle
bolt_exhaust
bolt_trail

There may be more...

wedge2211
10-29-2003, 12:41 PM
That skiff looks pretty hot! I think you should just make passengers sit on that bench in the middle...but if they could shoot while riding, that'd be awesome! As pnut said, great applications to team play (ie, technicians could bring a strike team in to steal the flag, etc)!

tFighterPilot
10-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Check out this thread

MP Flyable Vehicle Discussion

It's about getting the Lamda Shuttle flying with passengers who operate the side cannons.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=113020&goto=newpost

NOTE: I believe all the tags for the vehicles are:

bolt_driver
bolt_passenger
bolt_muzzle
bolt_exhaust
bolt_wake

There may be more... what's bolt wake?

monsoontide
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Okay, the tag is bolt_trail, but there's also a wake_fx, I guess it's for water vehicles, though you could use it for anything from a dust trail kicked up as the vehicle passes to a tron type "wall"! It's basically just another place to put an effect on the vehicle. I don't know if it actually works though since I haven't used it yet.

monsoontide
10-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi Folks!

Found this over at another site - this is direct from Mike Gummelt at Raven and is a more complete vehicle template file for Jedi Academy.
He also states that passengers are always never drawn!! And max-passengers is 8. Vehicles are limited to two types of weapons currently.

Here we go - this is big, so you may want to print it out to read it!

{"name", VFOFS(name), VF_LSTRING}, //unique name of the vehicle

//general data
{"type", VFOFS(type), VF_VEHTYPE}, //what kind of vehicle
{"numHands", VFOFS(numHands), VF_INT}, //if 2 hands, no weapons, if 1 hand, can use 1-handed weapons, if 0 hands, can use 2-handed weapons
{"lookPitch", VFOFS(lookPitch), VF_FLOAT}, //How far you can look up and down off the forward of the vehicle
{"lookYaw", VFOFS(lookYaw), VF_FLOAT}, //How far you can look left and right off the forward of the vehicle
{"length", VFOFS(length), VF_FLOAT}, //how long it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"width", VFOFS(width), VF_FLOAT}, //how wide it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"height", VFOFS(height), VF_FLOAT}, //how tall it is - used for body length traces when turning/moving?
{"centerOfGravity", VFOFS(centerOfGravity), VF_VECTOR},//offset from origin: {forward, right, up} as a modifier on that dimension (-1.0f is all the way back, 1.0f is all the way forward)

//speed stats
{"speedMax", VFOFS(speedMax), VF_FLOAT}, //top speed
{"turboSpeed", VFOFS(turboSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //turbo speed
{"speedMin", VFOFS(speedMin), VF_FLOAT}, //if < 0, can go in reverse
{"speedIdle", VFOFS(speedIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //what speed it drifts to when no accel/decel input is given
{"accelIdle", VFOFS(accelIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //if speedIdle > 0, how quickly it goes up to that speed
{"acceleration", VFOFS(acceleration), VF_FLOAT}, //when pressing on accelerator
{"decelIdle", VFOFS(decelIdle), VF_FLOAT}, //when giving no input, how quickly it drops to speedIdle
{"throttleSticks", VFOFS(throttleSticks), VF_BOOL},//if true, speed stays at whatever you accel/decel to, unless you turbo or brake
{"strafePerc", VFOFS(strafePerc), VF_FLOAT}, //multiplier on current speed for strafing. If 1.0f, you can strafe at the same speed as you're going forward, 0.5 is half, 0 is no strafing

//handling stats
{"bankingSpeed", VFOFS(bankingSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //how quickly it pitches and rolls (not under player control)
{"pitchLimit", VFOFS(pitchLimit), VF_FLOAT}, //how far it can roll forward or backward
{"rollLimit", VFOFS(rollLimit), VF_FLOAT}, //how far it can roll to either side
{"braking", VFOFS(braking), VF_FLOAT}, //when pressing on decelerator
{"mouseYaw", VFOFS(mouseYaw), VF_FLOAT}, // The mouse yaw override.
{"mousePitch", VFOFS(mousePitch), VF_FLOAT}, // The mouse yaw override.
{"turningSpeed", VFOFS(turningSpeed), VF_FLOAT}, //how quickly you can turn
{"turnWhenStopped", VFOFS(turnWhenStopped), VF_BOOL},//whether or not you can turn when not moving
{"traction", VFOFS(traction), VF_FLOAT}, //how much your command input affects velocity
{"friction", VFOFS(friction), VF_FLOAT}, //how much velocity is cut on its own
{"maxSlope", VFOFS(maxSlope), VF_FLOAT}, //the max slope that it can go up with control
{"speedDependantTurning", VFOFS(speedDependantTurning), VF_BOOL},//vehicle turns faster the faster it's going

//durability stats
{"mass", VFOFS(mass), VF_INT}, //for momentum and impact force (player mass is 10)
{"armor", VFOFS(armor), VF_INT}, //total points of damage it can take
{"shields", VFOFS(shields), VF_INT}, //energy shield damage points
{"shieldRechargeMS", VFOFS(shieldRechargeMS), VF_INT},//energy shield milliseconds per point recharged
{"toughness", VFOFS(toughness), VF_FLOAT}, //modifies incoming damage, 1.0 is normal, 0.5 is half, etc. Simulates being made of tougher materials/construction
{"malfunctionArmorLevel", VFOFS(malfunctionArmorLevel), VF_INT},//when armor drops to or below this point, start malfunctioning
{"surfDestruction", VFOFS(surfDestruction), VF_INT},

//visuals & sounds
{"model", VFOFS(model), VF_LSTRING}, //what model to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?
{"skin", VFOFS(skin), VF_LSTRING}, //what skin to use - if make it an NPC's primary model, don't need this?
{"g2radius", VFOFS(g2radius), VF_INT}, //render radius (really diameter, but...) for the ghoul2 model
{"riderAnim", VFOFS(riderAnim), VF_ANIM}, //what animation the rider uses
{"droidNPC", VFOFS(droidNPC), VF_LSTRING}, //NPC to attach to *droidunit tag (if it exists in the model)

{"radarIcon", VFOFS(radarIconHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what icon to show on radar in MP
{"dmgIndicFrame", VFOFS(dmgIndicFrameHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the frame of the damage indicator
{"dmgIndicShield", VFOFS(dmgIndicShieldHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP},//what image to use for the shield of the damage indicator
{"dmgIndicBackground", VFOFS(dmgIndicBackgroundHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP},//what image to use for the background of the damage indicator
{"icon_front", VFOFS(iconFrontHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the front of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_back", VFOFS(iconBackHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the back of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_right", VFOFS(iconRightHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the right of the ship on the damage indicator
{"icon_left", VFOFS(iconLeftHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use for the left of the ship on the damage indicator
{"crosshairShader", VFOFS(crosshairShaderHandle), VF_SHADER_NOMIP}, //what image to use as the crosshair
{"shieldShader", VFOFS(shieldShaderHandle), VF_SHADER}, //What shader to use when drawing the shield shell

//individual "area" health -rww
{"health_front", VFOFS(health_front), VF_INT},
{"health_back", VFOFS(health_back), VF_INT},
{"health_right", VFOFS(health_right), VF_INT},
{"health_left", VFOFS(health_left), VF_INT},
{"soundOn", VFOFS(soundOn), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when get on it
{"soundOff", VFOFS(soundOff), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when get off
{"soundLoop", VFOFS(soundLoop), VF_SOUND},//sound to loop while riding it
{"soundTakeOff", VFOFS(soundTakeOff), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when ship takes off
{"soundEngineStart",VFOFS(soundEngineStart),VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when ship's thrusters first activate
{"soundSpin", VFOFS(soundSpin), VF_SOUND},//sound to loop while spiraling out of control
{"soundTurbo", VFOFS(soundTurbo), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when turbo/afterburner kicks in
{"soundHyper", VFOFS(soundHyper), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when hits hyperspace
{"soundLand", VFOFS(soundLand), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when ship lands
{"soundFlyBy", VFOFS(soundFlyBy), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when they buzz you
{"soundFlyBy2", VFOFS(soundFlyBy2), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//alternate sound to play when they buzz you
{"soundShift1", VFOFS(soundShift1), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift2", VFOFS(soundShift2), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift3", VFOFS(soundShift3), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds
{"soundShift4", VFOFS(soundShift4), VF_SOUND},//sound to play when changing speeds

{"exhaustFX", VFOFS(iExhaustFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //exhaust effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s)
{"turboFX", VFOFS(iTurboFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //turbo exhaust effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s) when ship is in "turbo" mode
{"turboStartFX", VFOFS(iTurboStartFX), VF_EFFECT}, //turbo start effect, played from "*exhaust" bolt(s) when ship is in "turbo" mode
{"trailFX", VFOFS(iTrailFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //trail effect, played from "*trail" bolt(s)
{"impactFX", VFOFS(iImpactFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //impact effect, for when it bumps into something
{"explodeFX", VFOFS(iExplodeFX), VF_EFFECT}, //explosion effect, for when it blows up (should have the sound built into explosion effect)
{"wakeFX", VFOFS(iWakeFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect it makes when going across water
{"dmgFX", VFOFS(iDmgFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect to play on damage from a weapon or something
{"injureFX", VFOFS(iInjureFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect to play on partially damaged ship surface
{"noseFX", VFOFS(iNoseFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for nose piece flying away when blown off
{"lwingFX", VFOFS(iLWingFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for left wing piece flying away when blown off
{"rwingFX", VFOFS(iRWingFX), VF_EFFECT_CLIENT}, //effect for right wing piece flying away when blown off
// Weapon stuff:
{"weap1", VFOFS(weapon[0].ID), VF_WEAPON}, //weapon used when press fire
{"weap2", VFOFS(weapon[1].ID), VF_WEAPON},//weapon used when press alt-fire
// The delay between shots for this weapon.
{"weap1Delay", VFOFS(weapon[0].delay), VF_INT},
{"weap2Delay", VFOFS(weapon[1].delay), VF_INT},
// Whether or not all the muzzles for each weapon can be linked together (linked delay = weapon delay * number of muzzles linked!)
{"weap1Link", VFOFS(weapon[0].linkable), VF_INT},
{"weap2Link", VFOFS(weapon[1].linkable), VF_INT},
// Whether or not to auto-aim the projectiles at the thing under the crosshair when we fire
{"weap1Aim", VFOFS(weapon[0].aimCorrect), VF_BOOL},
{"weap2Aim", VFOFS(weapon[1].aimCorrect), VF_BOOL},
//maximum ammo
{"weap1AmmoMax", VFOFS(weapon[0].ammoMax), VF_INT},
{"weap2AmmoMax", VFOFS(weapon[1].ammoMax), VF_INT},
//ammo recharge rate - milliseconds per unit (minimum of 100, which is 10 ammo per second)
{"weap1AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(weapon[0].ammoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"weap2AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(weapon[1].ammoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
//sound to play when out of ammo (plays default "no ammo" sound if none specified)
{"weap1SoundNoAmmo", VFOFS(weapon[0].soundNoAmmo), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when try to fire weapon 1 with no ammo
{"weap2SoundNoAmmo", VFOFS(weapon[1].soundNoAmmo), VF_SOUND_CLIENT},//sound to play when try to fire weapon 2 with no ammo

// Which weapon a muzzle fires (has to match one of the weapons this vehicle has).
{"weapMuzzle1", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[0]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle2", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[1]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle3", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[2]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle4", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[3]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle5", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[4]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle6", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[5]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle7", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[6]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle8", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[7]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle9", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[8]), VF_WEAPON},
{"weapMuzzle10", VFOFS(weapMuzzle[9]), VF_WEAPON},

// The max height before this ship (?) starts (auto)landing.
{"landingHeight", VFOFS(landingHeight), VF_FLOAT},

//other misc stats
{"gravity", VFOFS(gravity), VF_INT}, //normal is 800
{"hoverHeight", VFOFS(hoverHeight), VF_FLOAT}, //if 0, it's a ground vehicle
{"hoverStrength", VFOFS(hoverStrength), VF_FLOAT}, //how hard it pushes off ground when less than hover height... causes "bounce", like shocks
{"waterProof", VFOFS(waterProof), VF_BOOL}, //can drive underwater if it has to
{"bouyancy", VFOFS(bouyancy), VF_FLOAT}, //when in water, how high it floats (1 is neutral bouyancy)
{"fuelMax", VFOFS(fuelMax), VF_INT}, //how much fuel it can hold (capacity)
{"fuelRate", VFOFS(fuelRate), VF_INT}, //how quickly is uses up fuel
{"turboDuration", VFOFS(turboDuration), VF_INT}, //how long turbo lasts
{"turboRecharge", VFOFS(turboRecharge), VF_INT}, //how long turbo takes to recharge
{"visibility", VFOFS(visibility), VF_INT}, //for sight alerts
{"loudness", VFOFS(loudness), VF_INT}, //for sound alerts
{"explosionRadius", VFOFS(explosionRadius), VF_FLOAT},//range of explosion
{"explosionDamage", VFOFS(explosionDamage), VF_INT},//damage of explosion

//new stuff
{"maxPassengers", VFOFS(maxPassengers), VF_INT}, // The max number of passengers this vehicle may have (Default = 0).
{"hideRider", VFOFS(hideRider), VF_BOOL}, // rider (and passengers?) should not be drawn
{"killRiderOnDeath", VFOFS(killRiderOnDeath), VF_BOOL},//if rider is on vehicle when it dies, they should die
{"flammable", VFOFS(flammable), VF_BOOL}, //whether or not the vehicle should catch on fire before it explodes
{"explosionDelay", VFOFS(explosionDelay), VF_INT}, //how long the vehicle should be on fire/dying before it explodes
//camera stuff
{"cameraOverride", VFOFS(cameraOverride), VF_BOOL},//override the third person camera with the below values - normal is 0 (off)
{"cameraRange", VFOFS(cameraRange), VF_FLOAT}, //how far back the camera should be - normal is 80
{"cameraVertOffset", VFOFS(cameraVertOffset), VF_FLOAT},//how high over the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 16
{"cameraHorzOffset", VFOFS(cameraHorzOffset), VF_FLOAT},//how far to left/right (negative/positive) of of the vehicle origin the camera should be - normal is 0
{"cameraPitchOffset", VFOFS(cameraPitchOffset), VF_FLOAT},//a modifier on the camera's pitch (up/down angle) to the vehicle - normal is 0
{"cameraFOV", VFOFS(cameraFOV), VF_FLOAT}, //third person camera FOV, default is 80
{"cameraAlpha", VFOFS(cameraAlpha), VF_FLOAT}, //fade out the vehicle to this alpha (0.1-1.0f) if it's in the way of the crosshair
{"cameraPitchDependantVertOffset", VFOFS(cameraPitchDependantVertOffset), VF_BOOL}, //use the hacky AT-ST pitch dependant vertical offset
//===TURRETS======================================== ===================================
//Turret 1
{"turret1Weap", VFOFS(turret[0].iWeapon), VF_WEAPON},
{"turret1Delay", VFOFS(turret[0].iDelay), VF_INT},
{"turret1AmmoMax", VFOFS(turret[0].iAmmoMax), VF_INT},
{"turret1AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(turret[0].iAmmoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"turret1YawBone", VFOFS(turret[0].yawBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret1PitchBone", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret1YawAxis", VFOFS(turret[0].yawAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret1PitchAxis", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret1ClampYawL", VFOFS(turret[0].yawClampLeft), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn left
{"turret1ClampYawR", VFOFS(turret[0].yawClampRight), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn right
{"turret1ClampPitchU", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchClampUp), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to title up
{"turret1ClampPitchD", VFOFS(turret[0].pitchClampDown), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to tilt down
{"turret1Muzzle1", VFOFS(turret[0].iMuzzle[0]), VF_INT},
{"turret1Muzzle2", VFOFS(turret[0].iMuzzle[1]), VF_INT},
{"turret1TurnSpeed", VFOFS(turret[0].fTurnSpeed), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret1AI", VFOFS(turret[0].bAI), VF_BOOL},
{"turret1AILead", VFOFS(turret[0].bAILead), VF_BOOL},
{"turret1AIRange", VFOFS(turret[0].fAIRange), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret1PassengerNum", VFOFS(turret[0].passengerNum), VF_INT},//which number passenger can control this turret
{"turret1GunnerViewTag", VFOFS(turret[0].gunnerViewTag), VF_LSTRING},

//Turret 2
{"turret2Weap", VFOFS(turret[1].iWeapon), VF_WEAPON},
{"turret2Delay", VFOFS(turret[1].iDelay), VF_INT},
{"turret2AmmoMax", VFOFS(turret[1].iAmmoMax), VF_INT},
{"turret2AmmoRechargeMS", VFOFS(turret[1].iAmmoRechargeMS), VF_INT},
{"turret2YawBone", VFOFS(turret[1].yawBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret2PitchBone", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchBone), VF_LSTRING},
{"turret2YawAxis", VFOFS(turret[1].yawAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret2PitchAxis", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchAxis), VF_INT},
{"turret2ClampYawL", VFOFS(turret[1].yawClampLeft), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn left
{"turret2ClampYawR", VFOFS(turret[1].yawClampRight), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to turn right
{"turret2ClampPitchU", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchClampUp), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to title up
{"turret2ClampPitchD", VFOFS(turret[1].pitchClampDown), VF_FLOAT}, //how far the turret is allowed to tilt down
{"turret2Muzzle1", VFOFS(turret[1].iMuzzle[0]), VF_INT},
{"turret2Muzzle2", VFOFS(turret[1].iMuzzle[1]), VF_INT},
{"turret2TurnSpeed", VFOFS(turret[1].fTurnSpeed), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret2AI", VFOFS(turret[1].bAI), VF_BOOL},
{"turret2AILead", VFOFS(turret[1].bAILead), VF_BOOL},
{"turret2AIRange", VFOFS(turret[1].fAIRange), VF_FLOAT},
{"turret2PassengerNum", VFOFS(turret[1].passengerNum), VF_INT},//which number passenger can control this turret
{"turret2GunnerViewTag", VFOFS(turret[1].gunnerViewTag), VF_LSTRING},

The Cheat
10-29-2003, 09:39 PM
cool, thanks for posting this template monsoon, where did u find this at?

monsoontide
10-31-2003, 04:59 AM
Lots of very useful documentation and tutorials on all things JK:JA (Especially mapping - things like portal skies, tree generator and terrain). Should be helpful to many.

forgelink (http://levelforge.teamhuh.com/forgelink/)

Hope to get a couple more models finalized in the next week or so ready for release!

Bowas5
10-31-2003, 07:05 AM
Monsoontide, If you would like another beta-tester i would be happy to test your models, they are fantastic.
My email address is jonasoslott@yahoo.se

Duncan_10158
10-31-2003, 08:02 AM
just wanted to report back. i made a big leap on the dewback animation, so far i have done walking (with looking right and left) some kind of rour, idle standing and runing. still to do are the death sequences, mount, differnt hit and pain animations. i dont if the model need those jumping and flying things. does the tauntaun use these animations in game, i know it has them, but does it use them? thats because the dewback will be useble like the tauntaun. i hope to bring a frist version in game soon.

The Cheat
10-31-2003, 08:59 AM
glad to hear you are making good progress on the dewback. i am definitly looking forward to that one the most

monsoontide
11-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Here's one I whipped up tonight while sorta watching Final Fantasy on the Sci-Fi channel. (Was never happy with the detail of the .md3 prefab that was made by someone for Jedi Outcast & I didn't feel like mapping thisevening).

It's currently untextured and weighs in at 560 points (Though that will increase when I split things up for UV mapping). It's based on the toy - so it may be a bit "off" in places.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/n1_wip_pix2.jpg

Needless to say this won't be released for a while - Duncan & Keshire are already both quite busy!

t3rr0r
11-02-2003, 02:51 PM
looking good so far.

blueprint (http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/starwars/swbprint4/naboofighterbprint.jpg)

tFighterPilot
11-02-2003, 03:09 PM
You don't need to model the droid, you can attach a droid to the model with some kind of tag, like in the x-wing

wufire
11-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here(i.e. monsoontide) could tell me how i can make an md3 model into a fully functional, super awesome, vehicle.
Wufire (aka Wufire)

p.s. Monsoontide is my new best friend. :D

t3rr0r
11-02-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by imyourfather
You don't need to model the droid, you can attach a droid to the model with some kind of tag, like in the x-wing
although, in this case someone might have make another version (with a .surf file) so the 'arms' don't accidentally poke through the sides.

tFighterPilot
11-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by wufire
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here(i.e. monsoontide) could tell me how i can make an md3 model into a fully functional, super awesome, vehicle.
Wufire (aka Wufire)

p.s. Monsoontide is my new best friend. :D If you have 3D Studio Max 4 or above, read duncan's tut, if not, you can always send the model and the textures to someone who has has it (EG, me)

monsoontide
11-03-2003, 03:22 PM
I updated the Naboo N-1 pic above to show texturing and the fact that I pinched Raven's R2D2 Head - as t3rr0r noted I can't use the npc as it doesn't fit inside the ships hull.

BTW how do you add the r2d2 model anyway - what is the tag for it - and if you can do that, then in theory could you add any npc as part of a vehicle?

Manquesa
11-03-2003, 03:43 PM
my guess is it's bolt_droidNPC . Look in the .veh file, that's where you assign which model to use for the droidNPC . And yeah, I guess in theory you could use any model since you can assign it in the .veh file. I've never done this though so I dont know for sure.

monsoontide
11-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Manquesa - glad to see you got your landing gear problems sorted out...
Hope to see more of your work - how's about redoing that A-Wing prefab ;)

imyourfather - what's the link for that tutorial you mentioned?

Duncan_10158 - How's progress? It now seems that I have:
Ewok Glider
Anakins Airspeeder
Aiwha
Naboo N-1
Desert Skiff mostly ready for you!!! Let me know when you need the next one - I don't just want to dump them all on you.

shukrallah
11-03-2003, 11:53 PM
So, is this going to be a vehicle pack? Or individual releases (sorry, i didnt read the whole thread) All the models look great :) We can use them in maps right?

monsoontide
11-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Individual releases - though they will become part of the OJP
Totally available for map builders to use - It'd be pointless making them otherwise! ;)
Also I'm including the skinning templates so if anyone wants to do a better job or team colours, personalized paint jobs etc they can.

SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 01:13 AM
Is it posible to make team aircraft? Is it done with the mapping radient or is there some code in the veh. file?
Im wanting to make team aircraft but I cant yet because I dont have jk3, I should hopfully get it at Cristmas!
Im also a mapper....
Im wanting to make a big CTF map with LOTs of vehicles in it,
I will place the vehicles in caves with useable turret guns outside so people can protect them and shoot down oppozing players...
The only thing that I really dont know for sure about is if the vehicles show team tags and if a team matecan kill another team mate in a vehicle......

Btw: just a sugjestion, please dont make vehicles able to run over walking players... I can see allot of lamming happaning with that, and it takes no skill........

[SF]

bliv
11-04-2003, 11:25 AM
I suggest if you are going to do a large CTF map then it use no aircraft. From experience in reguarly playing CTF maps they are best without too many large open areas. The flag should have 2-3 access roots to it but never be out in the open. This means it is actually possible to defend the flag and people can't just fly over then drop out and collect the flag. Large open areas also tend to kill the framerate.

Your best bet would be to use walkers or equivalent (is there an AT-AT in the works?) style land vehicles for use around the flag. Chuck in a few STAPs or Speeders and include a large space in the central region to fight in, otherwise I can't see that working too succesfully for proper games.

SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Ill have the flag in a protected cave..... I think I know what you mean, but I still want some flying vehicles.... allot of land ones too dont wory about that...
I have detailed plans on graph papper right now, flag is in a small cave thats not to hard to get to but protected with guns and next to that a cave with flying vehicles, then next to that a cave with all kinds of land vehicles..... the cave isnt that deep dont worry........
LOTS of gun turrets too, and some monsters in pits that you can let out......
Flag's not out in the open then, but maybe ill have to tinker with ideas about that.......

there will be a big oppen space BUT there will be walls and texture to it all..... probably a pit in the middle and stuff like that.
I havent got it yet so I dont know exactly yet what people want..... ill make stuff for everyone.......

someone please answer this....
can teams shot down there own team vehicles and are there team markings on the vehicles.. like tags or something????

monsoontide
11-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Unless you have a HUGE map, don't even think of including spaceship vehicles (Check out the "Flight School" map that's doing the rounds for that sort of thing) since it's really hard to fly the damn ships and they can crash into the skybox - unless you really give it some time and patience (& a huge open map) most people tend to take of fire a couple of shots and then crash into something.
You can of course tweak the .veh files to make the ships more "flyable" in a confined space.
As far as team ships , you have alter the .npc file and do some custom skins for it - I don't know about friendly fire.
I think this is why Raven stuck to using vehicles only in their Siege maps.

It's all possible though - it just might take a bit more work than you might like to get it all working properly ;)

SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 05:31 PM
ok :)

The map will be HUGE, with a really HUGE place to fly in. No obsticles to wory about just KILL...
your right i will definently have allot of work to do... to bad I dont have the game yet :(
it will be deffinently be as big if not bigger than kotor flight school..

Gonkish
11-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Oooo... If you're still looking for suggestions... what about the Ebon Hawk (from KotOR)? I mean, it would be too big for a flyable vehicle, but as a misc_model it'd be a fantastic piece for a level designer like moi.. although yeah, it's 4000 years old in the time frame of JA.. but still... There's plenty of reference shots around...

shukrallah
11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
The only bad thing about flyable ships is the FPS. If you make a HUGE map, one that would be fun to fly around in, the FPS would be so low, it wouldnt be funny. Even if it had nothing in it, it would still be slow.... Plus, it wont look that good. I would suggest a few .md3s.... or something. ive got plans for a flyable map... but i have to see if i can pull it off, with good FPS, and a good size to fly in.

Btw: just a sugjestion, please dont make vehicles able to run over walking players... I can see allot of lamming happaning with that, and it takes no skill........

So what? You can get in a vehicle and stop right back on the guy! Its not realistic at all if your riding a vehicle such as an AT-AT, and you cant step forward because a jawa wants to stand in front of your leg... or an ATST, they cant aim well, they take a lot of space on the screen, you should be able to stomp on people. Like the speeder bikes, when they hit you, you get knocked down... (you should die)

I do agree, it would probably get spammed, and it doesnt require any skill, but then thats why mappers shouldnt just spam there map with vehicles, in places that dont make sense... it makes no sense to put an ATST in a rebel base map... just like it makes no sense to put a swoop on kamino. :)

Hey uh... is someone making a snow speeder? If not, do you plan to?
monsoontide, what vehicles exaclty do you plan on making? Or is it all just requests?

SpecialForces
11-04-2003, 11:21 PM
I see... very good point.
basicly my goal is to make a map were there are ALLOT of heavy equipment and orient it around them.
Ive been thinking, its not that bad to have the flag out in the oppen, because if there is a team protecting it with atst's speeders, turret guns, ect.. it would still be hard to get it.
there is always a way to balence it out.......
I do believe in having vehicles in.... caves, because that makes it harder for opposing players to blow them all up, and it keeps them out of the way, better fps probly too.

Is the radient similar to the one in jk2?

monsoontide
11-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Sorry - Not taking requests - I kinda got carried away as it is! ;)

Here's the current list.

STAP (Released) :bdroid2:
Sith Speeder (Released) :mauls:

Dewback (Model Finished - Anims in Progress by Duncan_10158)
Acklay (Model Finished - Anims In Progress by Keshire)
Speeder Bike (Model Finished - Waiting on conversion by Duncan_10158) :speeder:

Biker Scout Player Model (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress) :speeder:
Ewok Glider (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress)
Anakins Airspeeder (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress)
Naboo N-1 Stafighter (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress) :naboo:
Aiwha (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress)
Skiff (Model Finished - Texturing In Progress) :fett:

Am considering a couple more but since I am making them faster than I can get them in game, it's either going to take longer, or I'll need more help - It's all the 3DSMAX stuff since I don't have it :(

Check the earlier pages in this thread for the images of the vehicles.

shukrallah
11-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Nice... very nice, i especially like the acklay, thats something NEVER thought i would see in a Jedi knight game, maybe a episode 2 game, but not jedi knight! thats great

Is the radient similar to the one in jk2?

Yeah, i even hooked the JK2 radiant up to JA.... works fine.. but im not sure how it affects your levels. GTK has never run good on my PC.

I see... very good point.
basicly my goal is to make a map were there are ALLOT of heavy equipment and orient it around them.
Ive been thinking, its not that bad to have the flag out in the oppen, because if there is a team protecting it with atst's speeders, turret guns, ect.. it would still be hard to get it.
there is always a way to balence it out.......
I do believe in having vehicles in.... caves, because that makes it harder for opposing players to blow them all up, and it keeps them out of the way, better fps probly too.

yeah thats good, sounds cool... hmm.. the flag idea would be cool! out in the open, but the other team waiting for ya, then they all open fire... that would be great.

SpecialForces
11-05-2003, 01:58 AM
glad someone likes it :)

monsoontide, are you gona make the aklay bigger?
And that would be really cool if the ewok glider glided, is that how its gona be or is it going to be like a jet?

Good thing about having to wait is that allot more models will be out by the time I get it :)
still sucks though...

Duncan_10158
11-05-2003, 09:03 AM
ok, i finaly fixed the fault i made with the dewback, the animation i made till now workes right now. i am correcting the size and the driver possition now, when i am done that, the dewback is redy for a first beta. we need to figur out his movement speed, and all the animation that would look good on it.

btw, never ever mirror bones! in 3ds max it workes but JA cant handle it and you get horrible touble!

The Cheat
11-05-2003, 09:07 AM
awesome, that dewbak looks great, i can not wait for it to be released to ride.

monsoontide
11-05-2003, 01:04 PM
So that was the trouble!
Just checking it now.
Will have another look at the bike

[FotF]Maddog
11-06-2003, 03:41 AM
Great Pics and even better models. I cant wait to get my greasy paws all over em.
:mad: Dog

kmd
11-06-2003, 12:24 PM
i will happily beta test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

monsoontide
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to inform you all that I've started a new thread in the showcase forum exclusively for the Dewback. Currently features a couple of EARLY in-game shots.
Updates for the other vehicles will still continue in this thread for a bit - though they may each get their own thread as they become closer to completion.

:D

Bowas5
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
I can test it if you want to.

wedge2211
11-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kmd
i will happily beta test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Originally posted by Bowas5
I can test it if you want to.
You know, beta testing involves more than just getting the mod before everyone else (and sending "wow this is awesome great job dude keep it up" back to the author). It involves TESTING out all aspects of the mod and reporting all comments, questions, bugs, suggestions, and feedback to the author. And then deleting the beta version of the mod.

Just thought I'd point that out since monsoontide had some problems getting people to report back on the Sith Speeder...

monsoontide
11-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Yes - very acurate wedge!

The lack of extensive testing & feedback was one reason we missed the problem with the Sith Speeder's mine weapon not working properly in single player mode. (And partially my fault for not setting a proper testing schedule)

The whole thing with Beta testing is to work out any problems/improvements the vehicle/player model/map may have/need and reporting them back to the author.
Beta's are by their very nature UNFINISHED!

I will be selecting Beta testers primarily from those who have already proven themselves good at this work and perhaps a couple of other new people to replace anyone who didn't send feedback (Most people have good intentions but it's following through that counts) - but when we announce Beta testing AND ONLY THEN - you are welcome to put your names up :D

This is all really to ensure the final release is the best we can possibly make it and as professional as possible :D

tFighterPilot
11-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah, lol

I already have 6 beta testers to my snow speeder, and only 2 of them told me about stuff, and I already knew those.

Kinda make beta testing worthless, but meh

kmd
11-06-2003, 02:53 PM
dont worry, i will post back the bugs and what is crap about it

Bowas5
11-06-2003, 05:49 PM
I will do that to.

tFighterPilot
11-06-2003, 06:42 PM
Everyone wants to be a beta tester :rolleyes:

I wonder how much would really give monsoontide feedback...

Lil Killa
11-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Everyone wants to be a beta tester :rolleyes:

I wonder how much would really give monsoontide feedback...

I would if I was the beta tester :p I always report back to the author about their mods if i beta it.. I mostly beta maps though...

@Monsoon

Models are looking nice :p (everyone says that)

I was wondering though.. On the dewback. Will you be making it so that the player models legs don't cut into the model?

|GG|Carl
11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
I know, you don't take any requests, but, I think Darth Vaders tie would be pretty cool...

:tie:

kmd
11-06-2003, 07:58 PM
look me up on pcgamemods, i am "shadowassasin" i always post back on what can be inproved, and what is already da bomb, there's your proof

monsoontide
11-06-2003, 08:21 PM
There's absolutley NOTHING that can be done about the positions the riders are in on the vehicles until Raven FINALLY release the source code and people can change the player animations - though apparently that's not a piece of cake and can easily cause a boat load of problems - SIGH.
So really I'm either stuck with the riders looking silly or I can just hide them which also looks silly.

As far as Vader's Tie Fighter goes, there's already a model in the models/ships folder (Or one of the other folders) - all someone has to do is convert it into a vehicle. Not really my territory - I'm only working on stuff that doesn't already exist (Well, mostly anyway).

kmd
11-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Did they ever release the source code for jo? You think they may for ja when this, so-called patch surfaces?

Casper
11-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I will be more than happy to beta test for you

wedge2211
11-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Nym:
when we announce Beta testing AND ONLY THEN - you are welcome to put your names up :D

It's my experience that the first question anyone asks in a showcase thread is, "When will it be released?" and the second question is, "Can I beta test?" Usually the hopeful tester has no interest in helping out the modder, he or she just wants to get their paws on the map/model sooner. Let Monsoon work, he's doing a great job, he'll ask for you all to beta when he needs it!

Casper
11-06-2003, 08:45 PM
I have beta for him before dude

Lil Killa
11-07-2003, 01:38 AM
I think there would be less conflict if we would just wait for monsoon to ask for beta testers instead of flooding his WIP thread with "I want to beta for your mod" posts. :cool:

GothiX
11-07-2003, 02:42 PM
LEMME BETA THIS FO.. :p

Looking sweet, monsoon, keep it up to never let down. :D

tFighterPilot
11-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
I think there would be less conflict if we would just wait for monsoon to ask for beta testers instead of flooding his WIP thread with "I want to beta for your mod" posts. :cool: I agree.

Beta has become another word for getting the file before everybody else does.

Usurpo
11-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Moon, your Sith Speeder looks great, but in my ENDLESS tinkering, I have found a few problems. First of all, if you have a sabre staff, hop on the speeder, hit 'L' to change it to a single sabre, and hit the left mouse button to attack, you swing your sabre, AND drop a bomb! Another thing...in Kotor Flight School, if you happen to boost of an edge just for the hell of it, you will drop slowly...at first I thought this was cool, but it is pretty unrealalistic. I jumped off it just to test my theory, and I fell like a stump, while the speeder gracefully glided through the air...now, for the lat [posible] bug...when you lay a mine and stand by it, you die. End of story. However, when the speeder is next to it, it takes out maby 1/5 of it's health AND kills you! Just a little odd...

Now, with all that said, I would like to volunteer to Beta test from you. As you can see from above, I test things out, even if I am not susposed to...therego, I think I would make a good Beta Tester. Its your call, though...[oh, and nice work so far. I really like it ;)] Thank you for your time.

{IGF} Tsuto

monsoontide
11-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Yes, the Sith Speeder has a few problems in regards to the .veh file! The reason it doesn't fall as fast as you though is because it's a repulsorlift vehicle (While you as a player don't have anti-grav built in!)
The mine is the vehicles primary weapon and is a bit iffy really.
If you (or anyone else for that matter) can make a better vehicle file by all means feel free to submit it to me so we can release an upgrade.
Duncan is also working on a Hailfire droid vehicle which is quite impressive - I am going to try and skin it :D

Usurpo
11-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Naa, I am not good with this stuff as all. I thought I would just alert you to some bugs I found, nothing more...that, and volunteer for Beta. ;) Now, as for the hail-fire or hell-fire or what ever its being called now, I have seen some SSes of it, and it sounds great. Did he fix the bug about firing when backing up? I looked into it, and I THINK I might know how to disable that bug if he has not fixed it...well, my sister wants me to come to her room. She just finished watching Scary Movie and is FREAKED OUT. LoL...ciao, and good luck.

{IGF} Tsuto

monsoontide
11-09-2003, 04:14 AM
Well... it's in the game.
The .veh file needs a sh!tload of tweaking 'cos handling it is just awful - it's based on the default x-wing .veh file. - Anyone with experience of the spaceship vehicles got any suggestions/advice?
And I still have to do the shader for it and the radar icon.
It's NOT ready for beta testing yet though...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/N1_ingame1.jpg

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/N1_ingame2.jpg

Manquesa
11-09-2003, 05:05 AM
good lord man! That is Sweet!

Now we need a Trade Federation fighter (whatever they're called) Then, someone can make a map based on the space battle at the end of Episode 1. Now that would be a great vehicle seige map. A team of Naboo fighters trying to take down the control station and a team of Trade Federation fighters trying to defend it.

Oh to dream

Anyway, you amaze me with your skillz man.

Sorry can't help you with the flight handling, I never messed with that in .veh file. Maybe imyourfather can help, I like the way his snowspeeder handles compared to other vehicles i've tried out, including my own.

Edit: Oh yeah, did ya ever get the NPCdroid thing working or did ya just decide it ain't worth the hassle?

Zappa_0
11-09-2003, 12:44 PM
Wow Very Awesome! Some body needs to make a Naboo Pilot now. And how is the Aiwha comming along?

Casper
11-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Request beta:)
(EDIT) I think you need to make the ship more bigger it looks a little to small

wedge2211
11-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Geez...
It's NOT ready for beta testing yet though...

Although I agree with Nym that it looks a tad too smal...could the pilot really fit in there? :D

Hey all, remember that JA is an FPS first, not a flight sim (X-Wing: Alliance is still good though an older game, go buy that if you like flying). However, there could be some serious potential to have a space-based vehicle siege map that also has a significant ground-based component. For example, you have to have teammates shuttle you over tot he other side, where objectives are accomplished (I think some maps like this are in the works).

tFighterPilot
11-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Nym
Request beta:)
(EDIT) I think you need to make the ship more bigger it looks a little to small For an american, you sure have some grammar mistakes :p

Anyway, there soon will be a droid starfighter. They both together could make a great seige map! :biggs:

monsoontide
11-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Well, it's scaled to the size of the r2 head. It seems about the right size when you are running around, but when you get in it, it seems to shrink?!?
Didn't go with the droid npc since it doesn't fit. Would like to get it to rotate a bit though.

Usurpo
11-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Looks good, so far. I think the wing engines' tails are slightly to short, though...if I find a scale pic, I will post it here. Other then that, I see nothing else that I can mention...look's great, keep it up! ;) Oh, and a Naboo pilot would be nice...ah, as long as I am on this track, someone just opened a subject about the TF Fighter. It looks good...Naboo, here we come! ;)

kmd
11-09-2003, 06:18 PM
i hate the flying, thats wy i deleted kortor flight school, becuase its a map based on ships, and ships in ja cant be flown for more than 2 seconds with out crashing, i hope in a patch that is fixed, becuase x-wings would rock

tFighterPilot
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
[B]Well... it's in the game.
The .veh file needs a sh!tload of tweaking 'cos handling it is just awful - it's based on the default x-wing .veh file.Too bad, Tie Fighter would've been better to base it on, it has the exact same weapons.

But I guess that the weapons aren't your problem.

wedge2211
11-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Usurpo: The SW.com Databank is your friend...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/naboon1starfighter/img/movie_bg.jpg
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/naboon1starfighter/img/eu_bg.jpg

Hey, Monsoon...how bout a ncie lovely chrome shader? :cool:

Usurpo
11-09-2003, 08:47 PM
Aye, that it is...yea, some chrome would be cool...and you might want to base if off of the Tie Bomber of Z-95, they handle MUCH, MUCH better then the other craft...and I was right! The tails should go to the end of the cockpit! Mwhahaha! LoL...

monsoontide
11-09-2003, 08:47 PM
I wish people would read my previous posts - I did say I was working on a chrome shader - as a matter of fact I need a little help with my N1-shader - can't seem to quite get it working the way i want it.
There is the colour map with an alpha chanel for which bits should be "glossy"
An environment map for the gloss
And a Glow map for the engine glow.
Problem is I can't seem to get the gloss to work properly. At one stage I even had the whole thing semi transparent!
If there's a better way to do "chrome" let me know!
Any help would be apprecitated :D

models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst
{
surfaceparm metalsteps
q3map_nolightmap
{
// //// blendfunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ONE

map models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ZERO
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
{
map models/players/n1_mst/env_chrome
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
tcGen environment
}
{
map models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst_glow
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
rgbGen identity
}
}

BTW The model is based on the toy (Since it's sitting on my desk) and the engine tails are a bit more stubby (So they don't break!)
I have tweaked th .veh file to kingdom come but it all comes down to the fact that the mouse control just blows!

Lil Killa
11-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Manquesa
good lord man! That is Sweet!

Now we need a Trade Federation fighter (whatever they're called) Then, someone can make a map based on the space battle at the end of Episode 1. Now that would be a great vehicle seige map. A team of Naboo fighters trying to take down the control station and a team of Trade Federation fighters trying to defend it.

Oh to dream

Anyway, you amaze me with your skillz man.

Sorry can't help you with the flight handling, I never messed with that in .veh file. Maybe imyourfather can help, I like the way his snowspeeder handles compared to other vehicles i've tried out, including my own.

Edit: Oh yeah, did ya ever get the NPCdroid thing working or did ya just decide it ain't worth the hassle?

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117265

LightNinja
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Maybe this shader looks good, is the shader of grayfox model:

models/.../.../...
{
q3map_nolightmap
{
map models/.../.../...
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
{
map gfx/effects/chr_white_add_mild
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
depthFunc equal
detail
tcGen environment
}
}

Godzilla
11-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Whats the chance of Slave 1 getting made?

Godzilla
11-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Whats the chance of Slave 1 getting made?

tFighterPilot
11-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Godzilla
Whats the chance of Slave 1 getting made? There's a great Slave 1 prefeb somewhere, it could be made into a vehicle.

t3rr0r
11-15-2003, 02:38 PM
There's a great Slave 1 prefeb somewhere, it could be made into a vehicle.
knowing monsoontide, he could probably whip one up just as fast as converting an old one.

monsoontide
11-15-2003, 05:02 PM
The pre-fabs are RADIANT prefabs for mapping!!!
You'd have to build a new one from scratch.
Have you checked out the AOTC total conversion - they're probably working on one.

monsoontide
Have you checked out the AOTC total conversion - they're probably working on one.

monsoontide