PDA

View Full Version : This was funny

Darth_Pnut
10-07-2003, 01:45 PM
I got home yesterday with a pounding headache and in general hadn't had a good day. So, I jumped on JA and played some games just to kill things, totaly w/o the standard honor code. I chat killed, and killed people with sabers off, all that good stuff. So there I was leading the game with 50+ kills and I kill some guy with his saber down.

"Lamer! Saber down=peace!" - Guy
"Where in the game manual does it say that?" - Me
"Saber Down=Peace!!!"- Guy
"It is unwise to lower your defenses!"-Me

*Guy challanges me to a duel*

The guy bows, and starts typing, I run up and katta him to death.

"Good Luck" - Guy (after dead)
"CHAT KILLER!" - Guy (still dead)

"What? like you didn't see that comming?" - Me

It was sooo funny....everyone in the game was furious with me and voted to kick me but it was soooooooo funny...

Post your funny moments

D_P!

|GG|Carl
10-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Yes... Sometimes it's very funny to give in to your anger... To join the dark side.

And I gotta say that the dark side is much more powerful that the light side...

But you get kicked a lot...

SideArm
10-07-2003, 02:19 PM
saw an honour-jedi, attacked by 5 fps-jedi's

king yoda
10-07-2003, 02:30 PM
something like that happened to me when i first played jo mp. i atacked all the peoples. but then they kicked me. and i asked my self why. today as a pro player i understand why. and now i chat more with people in a game than i fight.

Igor_Cavkov
10-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Darth pnut YUO ARE JUST AN LAAAAMER! most servers have rules and when you are connecting it said surely that no chat kill or unarmed killing! and you should respect that u ***!! u should get kicked! or banned for sometime

|GG|Carl
10-07-2003, 02:44 PM
People can use msn or aim for chatting.

It's annoing when they use JA like some kinda "chat room".

Khaza
10-07-2003, 03:02 PM
What? I do that all the time :D ... exept that I frag their a$$e$ with rocket launcher :)

Igor_Cavkov
10-07-2003, 03:08 PM
well what people chat if they want to chat tats noone of your concern! and this is online game where you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!

cjd118118
10-07-2003, 03:14 PM

yeah i agree, im fed up with people using JA as a chat room and not a game!!!

and this rule i will normally follow, but ppl it does get borring when everyserver does it...and the rule is saberdown=noattack, BAH HUMBUG!

cayqel
10-07-2003, 03:17 PM
If you want to sit around an talk online while pretending to be a character from star wars go buy galaxies.

ExcelsioN
10-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Carl

It's annoing when they use JA like some kinda "chat room".

I agree. But as the human_merc in sp says, "Free target practice!"

How I love laming. LOL. :D

When I'm in a bad mood I usually get kicked for laming, although I try to play properly normally.

I once joined this server and this other guy, mentioning no names, decided to call votes every time he got killed. I force pushed him off a cliff and he immediatly called a vote to kick me, but the results were something like, YES: 1, NO: 9. That was LOL.

Khaza
10-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Igor_Cavkov
well what people chat if they want to chat tats noone of your concern! and this is online game where you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!

Why don't you chat on MSN, IRC or anything similar... Why you must chat when others are playing ? i.e. you could chat while you are dead or speccing and not riscing your self being killed... And finaly, why is it wrong to kill someone while they are chatting ?

ExcelsioN
10-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Khaza
And finaly, why is it wrong to kill someone while they are chatting ?

Meh .Its their problem if their chatting.:o

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Amen. Folks, i hate to break it to some of ya, but this is a GAME. if you stop to chat while some depressed freak with a headache and a lehtal 6 foot glowrod is runnin up to ya, you deserve to die. chat all you want, but dont whine when i chop off your arm.

and just why in the heck would you run around without your saber on at all times? that is just asking for it.

one reason i hate the saber down rule is because ill follow it, and pass someone up, and theyll choke me and throw me in a pit.

meh, anyways. to keep on the thread: in JA, two idiots that i passed by had their sabers down, chatting. guess what? they followed me to lightning me to death. i turned around, pushed one to the ground, kata'ed the other, and roll stabbed the first. so they lied and said i hit them with their sabers down at peace. what the crap ever. :rolleyes: meh...i got kicked.

Pedro The Hutt
10-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong with chatting in game, I always say stuff in between spawns/kills XD
(ofcourse, it's unwise to go and chat in the middle of a fight, but outside of that, yap away ^.^ after all, games are to have fun, if you have fun chatting, be my guest.)

Master William
10-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Honor code - silly name. But I respect it...
I tend to follow it, since I'm used to it.

You don't like it, I'm fine with it. Just don't enter the server I am being admin at with your own rules, the only rules you should follow when playing is the SERVER rules!

Disobey rules - kick.

JediLurker
10-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by -=FB=-Jagged
meh, anyways. to keep on the thread: in JA, two idiots that i passed by had their sabers down, chatting. guess what? they followed me to lightning me to death. i turned around, pushed one to the ground, kata'ed the other, and roll stabbed the first. so they lied and said i hit them with their sabers down at peace. what the crap ever. :rolleyes: meh...i got kicked.

And that is why I play exclusively with bots or friends. People like that should be shot.

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
i dont care whether they chat or not. it doesnt really bother me. just dont whine if youre chatting all the time and i come over and beat you to death with my light-bludgeon to motivate you to retaliate. i mean, crap like that happens in a free for all, right?

and im with you Lurker. people like that should be shot. heck, THOSE two in particular should have been shot, unfortunately it was sabers only...

:D

king yoda
10-07-2003, 04:39 PM
i love chatting with other peoples. but sure there must be fighting too. and i think the most lamer kill saberdown people because they join the server to fight. but everybody chat or choose a place where they can duell. then there are 4 guys and waiting till one lose a duell to fight against the winner. but it is a ffa server and that means everybody to a place and kill each other. they think who want to duell go to a duell server not to a ffa server. that´s my opinion.

Luc Solar
10-07-2003, 04:47 PM

Let me tell you something:

It IS my business. I go on a server to PLAY a GAME. Remember, this is a GAME, not a chat room?

Now...I log on looking forward to PLAYING, but I can't because Igor_Cavkov is there. *I* can not play because you are there. *YOU* will not let me play because the second I start playing you start whining and try to vote kick me off the server. Do you see my problem? Do you understand how being kicked and banned from a server prevents me from playing a game that I paid 50 $ for?

Did you actually say: "you play real people if u dont want to chat and just want to jerk around then play with bots!" because that's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

It's one hell of a rude thing to NOT play but waste bandwith instead. It's one hell of a rude thing to impose your MADE-UP personal rules upon others. It's one hell of a rude thing to insult, kick and ban people from servers because they don't do things exactly the way YOU want.

If you pay for a server you can be as much of a jerk as you want to but the second you are not on your own server, you should shut up about silly rules like "saber down = peace" BECAUSE THERE IS NO SUCH RULE. Read my lips: THERE IS NO SUCH RULE.

There might be one on the server YOU run, but on mine or other servers it does not exist. I'm not going to debate atm whether or not "saber down = peace" is the most retarded rule ever invented in any game, but I will tell you this: even on those servers where it is enforced somewhat fairly and consistenlty (that's like 1 in a million), it does not work. It screws up the whole game and works as some sort of perverted excuse for immature pricks who are dying to "show the noob who is boss" by abusing admin commands.

What is the point of a FFA game? What IS the game? Here's what: Defeat your enemies to score points. That's the game. Those are the rules. The one with most points win. No bowing, no chatting. Defeat opponent. Win game.

If you don't want to play the game but CHAT use MSN or ICQ. If you don't want to PLAY don't log on to a server, because logging on to a FFA server means that you want to play. Chatting is not playing. Chatting in JA means that you are wasting bandwith, taking someone elses slot, annoying the hell out of everyone who wants to PLAY and ruining the whole damn game by being a rude whining *******.

If anyone should be banned from a server it should be the likes of you. You don't see me interrupting your ICQ-chatting session with your buddy by flooding something as dumd as "WHACK KABOOM I'M SHOOTING ROCKETS AND BLOWING J00 BOTH UP KHAZAMKABOOM NOW YOU DIE IM THROWING MY LIGHTSABER IN UR FACE AND ZAPPIN YOUS WITH TEH LIGHTNING I WIN I GOT 76 FRAGS U LAMERS WHY DONT YOU PLAY C'MON ATTACK ME YOU FRIGGING WHINING NOOBLAMERS ATTACK ME PLAY THE GAME OR GET OUT OF MY IQC!!!111" now do you?

And another thing: why on earth do you think that I'm interested in talking to you or listening to you talking to someone else instead of playing the game? And ask yourself what happens if I blow you up with my rocket launcher. Does it make all the text you typed disappear? Does it somehow gag you so you can't chat anymore? No. It only makes your virtual little jedi respawn and gives me 1 point. What is the problem? You don't want me to get a point? Since when did you care about points or the objective of the game? You don't want to die? Well how about joining spectator mode? Or is that out of the question because you can't emote in spec mode?

Think about it: How would you feel if you paid to see/play basketball and two guys were just sitting under the hoop CHATTING. You try to ignore them and just bounce the ball around the field because you know that if you try to shoot hoops it will disturb their conversation and they'll get mad. But the second your ball hits the ground these two guys run up to you and insult you telling you to put the ball away or you'll be banned from the game.

Wouldn't that make you wonder what in god's name those guys are doing on the court since they aren't playing the game? Wouldn't that make you think that everyone might be more happy is those guys had their conversation somewhere else?

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to assume that people who log on to a JA FFA server are willing to play the game?
[/rant]

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
yeah, i see what youre saying yoda. i am not the type of person to run into the middle of a "duel waiting area" and start slaughtering people. i respect why they come into the game. and if youre chatting like i said, i don't care usually. but if you stay in the middle of the arena or near a beaten path, and i see you a few times, ill hack at ya.

heck, maybe youll respawn somewhere you can chat in peace. :)

i remember the good ole days in JO at the bespin ffa map. a bunch would be at the pad, dueling, then someone would "yell"
FFA! and everyone would die within seconds...

<sigh> :cry8:

king yoda
10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
you right jagged the good old bespin streets map. there where duell´s on the pad and ffa in the middle of the two huge buildings under the two bridges.

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
oh man that is priceless stuff! lucsolar is the voice of the little man! the little, repressed, insecure, and horrifically violent little man in all of us! the one that wants to whip out his lightsaber :slsaber: and bash in the heads of all those who want to pervert JA MP and make it into a place where playing with your saber will get you into trouble, and fighting against the system will get you kicked.

Kudos, lucsolar.

Kurgan
10-07-2003, 05:09 PM
In my opinion if you can WIN by type killing alone, it just shows how silly and unmotivated the the other players are.

See that's the thing. After getting type killed once or twice you'd think they'd learn their lesson and stop sitting around typing around you. But after that they're just GIVING the points away.

Go into spectator mode if you're going to be a chatter box...

Funny. ; )

And yes, those honor codes are nowhere to be found in the game, so unless the admin of the server specifically is enforcing them, people can whine all they want but you don't have to listen.

|GG|Carl
10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Master William
Just don't enter the server I am being admin at with your own rules, the only rules you should follow when playing is the SERVER rules! :rolleyes: Who wants to join a server where you get kicked if you kill guys?

And what's the name of your server? Msn messenger? AIM?
j/k:p

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 05:29 PM
try this to REAAALLYYY tick someone off...

after you frag someone, run over to their body (quickly!!!) and stand over it. tap crouch really fast. watch your guy go up and down...

...and watch to see any new messages. :D

ExcelsioN
10-07-2003, 06:10 PM
We ought to all make a server for TRUE Jedi Knight players, where standing around chatting gets you kicked, instead of being kicked because you want to play the game.

I dont believe in this "honor code" nonsense. Like -=FB=-Jagged, if I see someone chatting IN THE SAME PLACE several times, I just go and hack them to death. Yes, that sort of play gets me kicked, banned and hated, but hell, some people should really read the box when they buy the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt it say Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy?

Turn over to the back of the box now, and look! Its got people killing each other! Wow! And looking over it now; there isnt any pictures of an instant messaging service.

Now look down to the features. I dont see nothing saying "Excellent Chat Service".

Listen, all of you who stand around chatting and obey this honour code. I dont mean to be harsh, but STEP ASIDE AND LET THE PROPER PLAYERS RULE!!!!

EDIT: Maybe I was being a little too harsh here, but please; play properly? After all, thats what a game's for, isn't it?

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 06:27 PM
i like this thread. we need to spread the word.

hehe, i say we bind this thread's address to the "H" key (for honor) and use it right before we get kicked...

and hey, i just got out of MP, and i slaughtered someone who was chatting and they brought it up, and called me stupid. they also said that i broke the CODE.

the code of honor. <theme music>

WHOOPITY DEE DOO! so i asked him, who is the real idiot? after all you have no weapon on in a game of ffa. and you know what?

i didn't get kicked! :D

ExcelsioN
10-07-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by -=FB=-Jagged
i like this thread. we need to spread the word.

hehe, i say we bind this thread's address to the "H" key (for honor) and use it right before we get kicked...

and hey, i just got out of MP, and i slaughtered someone who was chatting and they brought it up, and called me stupid. they also said that i broke the CODE.

the code of honor. <theme music>

WHOOPITY DEE DOO! so i asked him, who is the real idiot? after all you have no weapon on in a game of ffa. and you know what?

i didn't get kicked! :D

Congrats. :) Perhaps more of us should try this and spread the word.

Darth_Pnut
10-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Well, my little thread accually grew into something.

I guess I didn't expect it to turn into an honor code debate, or me getting called "some depressed freak with a headache" (which isnt something funny as I really do have depresion) however I'm kinda glad it did. I've always thought that so called "Honor Code" was a crock of "poop" anyway. Befor Jedi Knight II guess what I played, Tribes 2 (Jesus that was like 2 years ago..), and if you stopped to chat in the heat of battle in Tribes 2 you got a disc stuck in your *radio edit*. So when I came over to JK2 for my love of the SW I was a bit disapointed in this "Honor Code" crap.

It's all well and good you know your clan is getting together monday, or the Lions still suck (I'm from MI I can say it =p), but guess what? Thats why they invented AIM, and MSN Messanger, and YIM, so go chat on one of those. Hell get trillian and use them all at once if it makes you happy.

I know sometimes we all wanna pretend we are Jedi, and have our fun RPs, but just don't do it in an FFA game I'm in. Go make your own server, or Join a RPG group.

Anyway, thats my rant

D_P!

Hekx
10-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Funny thing is, no-one has chat killed me in JA.
Someone did attack me in an FFA once, but no-one has in Siege.
I think everyone is too involved with obtaining a swoop. :D

Iblis Reborn
10-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
And yes, those honor codes are nowhere to be found in the game, so unless the admin of the server specifically is enforcing them, people can whine all they want but you don't have to listen.

until they vote you off the server
its like were playing survivor or something and the one with the most "honor" wins

im with Luc Solar and his rant of doom, ITS A GAME!!!...PLAY!!!!

soulshine
10-07-2003, 08:42 PM
first off for the most part i respect the rules but chatting for an hour come on now if in duel or power inbetween matches is cool i talk then while watching the fight kinda like play by play or something but this lamer bull crap has got to stop .herb is good for headf

-=FB=-Jagged
10-07-2003, 09:36 PM
hey darth pnut, no insult intended buddy. sometimes I'M the depressed freak that has to go off on those lame chatters! :)

I didnt pay all that money and buy a high speed connection to be crabbed at for fraggin in ffa.

luc solar hit the nail on the head. chatters: sit your butts down on the "spectator porch", cuz you obviously cant run with the big dogs without whining. :D

whats so bad about spectating anyways? posts dont look any different from there. ;)

cayqel
10-08-2003, 12:39 AM
I think I'll bind "The only Honor is victory" and "Saber down=I cut you to pieces" once I start MPing again.

SpaceButler13
10-08-2003, 02:19 AM
I follow these rules and all, but the last few days I've been getting annoyed enough that when someone turns off their saber in the middle of a fight and runs for health I hunt them down mercilessly. And I get kicked. Anyone ever see Falling Down?

BloodRiot
10-08-2003, 09:11 AM
That's why i play mostly Duel or Power Duel. Every time me or my brother enter a FFA server with the saber down = peace rule and the no chat kills rule as well.

As far as I go i'm a mediocre FFA player...duel is really my thing. But irespect the rules cuz they were stated in the motd. But here's the thing... people abuse the saber 0ff = peace... most often I run around looking for people with saber on so i can fight safely... i run past guyz with saber off that just wait for me to turn my back before they ignite the saber and strike me in one form or another. I had to say several times that if another such offense occured (i've described it out loud) I'd disregard the rule i've been following. Eventually i got bored and left.

As for my brother.. he kicks serious butt in FFA... he most often gets kicked off cuz of that... he's winning..and he obeys the rules from what i could see. Didn't attack no saber off people or chatting people. He get's so mad cuz he can never finish a game he's winning cuz he's constantly getting kicked for owning everybody on the server (last i checked he had over 50 points advantage over 2nd place).

What do i gather from all this? I question the beneficial factors of vote kick. I know that would negate the possibility of vote kicking a single lamer on a nie server... but you can always lame back at him. While there's no way of getting your own way in a server where u get kicked cuz you follow theyr honor rules and win... basically and truthfully.. you get kicked because you are better than them.

Cheers.

Luc Solar
10-08-2003, 11:33 AM
Untill now we have only concentrated on the problems that rules like "saber down = peace" are causing.

How about listing all benefits we get from having this rule or honour codes in general? All you who are in favour of "rules" please explain to the rest of us why these "rules" are in fact a good thing...something that this community needs.

I'll try to help out a bit :)

Saber down = peace is a good thing because

1) You can choose when you want to fight. Whenever you don't want to fight, you simply keep your saber down.

2) You can choose who you want to fight with. If f.ex you don't want to fight player X because he beats you every time, you don't have to. Saber down means he can't ever attack you and make you lose.

Darth_Pnut
10-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Loc I know your on my side of the debate, but I just wanna point out some things. Cause I know some guys just read your post and are like "YEA! Thats why we can have our stupid saber down = peace rule!" SO let me address one of your comments. Keep in mind this isnt aimed at you, but rather those who seriously believe your #2 was a valid argument...

Originally posted by Luc Solar
2) You can choose who you want to fight with. If f.ex you don't want to fight player X because he beats you every time, you don't have to. Saber down means he can't ever attack you and make you lose. [/B]

Then get better, seriously, if you avoid people who always beat you, you never get better. You needs to get beaten every now and then, "For if you have made no mistakes, you have made nothing." Besides hes not making you lose, your loosing by sucking and getting killed. It's your fault you can't beat him, not his. Also, if he kill you, he gains a point, you don't loose one, thus, your making your self loose for not killing people and getting more points than player X.

Also it sounds like the only time you enjoy playing is when you can walk around and pick off all the weaklings you know you can beat. Walk around all bad with that saber off, just to fight some guy you know damn well you can beat. You sound afraid of loosing......

D_P!

Master William
10-08-2003, 12:13 PM
I meant that you should always follow the server rules, not make up your own rules in a server that is not yours.

If it's yours, or you payed for it, or something else like that, then it's a different thing.

Luc Solar
10-08-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Pnut
Also it sounds like the only time you enjoy playing is when you can walk around and pick off all the weaklings you know you can beat. Walk around all bad with that saber off, just to fight some guy you know damn well you can beat. You sound afraid of loosing......
D_P!

Exactly. A coward who can't handle losing. A coward who wants to feel big and strong by fighting only those who he can surely beat.

And not just a coward, but a rude coward. He wastes bandwith and takes the slot of someone else even though he does not play. The ones who come to the server looking for a fight will not get one. Mr. Saber Down is wasting the time of these people and not letting them play the game they bought.

And not just a rude coward but an egoistic retarded rude coward. His ego can't take losing and he doesn't care at all about the fun of others. He can singlehandedly screw up a game and is too retarded to understand what Free For All means.

So how does a Mr. SaberDown ruin a FFA?

1) in a full force all weapons FFA you are constantly under attack. Is the opponent holding a detpack trying to blow you up or is he Mr Saberdown? Will you walk up to him to make sure? No, because you will be blown up if you don't react instantly and shoot first.

Will you wait for a few secs before attacking ANYONE on the map just to be sure that they are actually playing instead of walking around saber down? No, not unless you want to finish last; if it is the real Mr. Saberdown, you have just wasted precious time and if it is not Mr. saberdown or a Mr. Saberdown who suddenly feels like playing, you will be dead.

2) A force user does not need a saber to be dangerous. (In JO with grip-kicks and such the saber was hardly even used. Still some people insist that a jedi without his saber is "unarmed".)

Are you going to ignore everyone you suspect are Mr Saberdown and run past him? No, because you will be gripped down the void. No, because your rocket launcher was pulled from your hands and you got blown to pieces.

3) Saber down = peace is abused all the time by everyone. Will you stop shooting at me the second I drop my saber? Can I put my saber down when I'm about to get killed, run for more ammo/health and expect you to "honour my unarmedness" untill I come back and rocket you? Who draws the line about what sort of "saber downess" is honourable/dishonourable and why the hell should there even be a line to draw?

4) Saber down = peace results in nothing but whining. Someone is always saber down or about to put their saber down or in some other way "not ready" and that's when the whining and kick voting starts.

If you use guns you are going to hit Mr Saberdown sooner or later.

If you're trying to hunt the opponent down, he will surely run past Mr saberdown at some point. Is Mr Saberdown a 50ft wide safe heaven? Apparently so. If you scratch him, he will whine. If the opponent gets to close to Mr Saberdown you must stop fighting and wait for the opponent to move away from him?

Someone else can go on with the list. I'm tired of ranting. I'll just point out one last thing:

THE WHOLE POINT IN A FFA IS THAT EVERYONE FIGHTS EVERYONE AND TRIES TO KILL EVERYONE AS MANY TIMES AS THEY CAN.

It's not a FFA if you aren't allowed to touch half of the people on the server. It's not a FFA if you can't kill whoever you want to whenever you want to.

If you don't want to FFA, then don't log on to a FFA-server or host a FFA-server. It's NOT a FFA. Make sure everyone knows that before they come to play.

To make everybody happy, simply name your server like this for example: This is a CHAT SERVER. This is NOT A FFA. No fighting allowed.

BloodRiot
10-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Hehe Luc... I remeber disagreeing with your opinions (although i might not have voiced them out) but onthis one i back u up 200%.
Although funny (dunno if it's intentional or just the tone of sarcasm) you speak the truth about the nature of the game.

Normality in a FFA nowadays is relative but the original intent was and still is and I quote: "THE WHOLE POINT IN A FFA IS THAT EVERYONE FIGHTS EVERYONE AND TRIES TO KILL EVERYONE AS MANY TIMES AS THEY CAN." as you so well put.

Those rules are flawed and very susceptible to be bent and most surely abused. Even though im dead tired of the classic UT... now that's a DeathMatch/FFA.

One even thinks about forming some form of raiding party to get into the honur servers and saber away ;p with enough ppl voting no for the kicks and so many people to kick... they would have a hard time fer sure hehee.

I've been keeping myself to the duel servers... i know some servers that i find quite pleasing so i dont quite have that much contact with the saber down honor lamers... but my brother does prefer FFA over anything and i've seen what he has to put up with. Probably the reason why he still has UT isntalled... he doesnt have to put up with anything except for the occasional lag in that game.

If anyone else has the brilliant idea of hosting a saber down server... at leaast have the decency to investigate claims of people lamming against a saber down player... it wasnt once or twice me and my brother got kicked cuz one dude decided to put saber down and start a chat within a fraction of a second of me doing the rolling stab and earning a direct kick without passing through the start or collecting the 2000$.

Cheers.

ExcelsioN
10-08-2003, 03:05 PM
FFA just seems to have turned into a chat room facility, unfortunately. For us proper players; duel, power duel, siege, and ctf are fine. The only game mode Ive seen effected by this crappy honour code is FFA.

So, forget JA ever had a game mode called 'FFA', and play siege. In my opinion; its much more fun, only problem is that there are less servers.

Luc Solar, I am in total agreement with you. And i used to be good at FFA, shame it dosent seem to really exist anymore. :mad:

king yoda
10-08-2003, 06:14 PM
you must attack all the guys who chat and kill them. and when they say saber down=peace just don´t answer and continue to kill when you have luck he or they will atack you. or they kick you.

ShadowCloak
10-08-2003, 06:19 PM
well, once you've been playing this game for a while u kinda get bored of fighting somewhat and thats how the saberist code was made i think, thought sometimes i would change my name and go to another server for FFA and dont care what others say...

BawBag™
10-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Yes man I see where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, you were playing the game correctly.
Please people don't tell me multiplayer is exactly the same as JO in terms of "noobz" and "lam3rs".

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you try and tell me that I'll scream...........

*Puts fingers in ears*

"La la la la la la...."

:(

ShadowCloak
10-08-2003, 06:33 PM
BawBag, its like JO with the "noobz" and the "lam3rs"

BawBag™
10-08-2003, 06:45 PM
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

ExcelsioN
10-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

LOL.

I say:

FORGET THE HONOR CODE

Since when did we have to be chivalric good-willed knights??
Since when did we have to do all this bowing crap??

I DONT KNOW SO YOU TELL ME!!

:D
Hehe...draws out saber and hacks a chatterbox to pieces...

The fact that JA has been turned into a chatroom is because of the type of people who play it. Go on MOHAA or BF1942 and you wont find anyone who does that.

ShadowCloak
10-08-2003, 07:09 PM
i dont know what MOHAA is but in Bf1942 is an objective team play kind of game

Posted by Excelsion:
"FFA just seems to have turned into a chat room facility, unfortunately. For us proper players; duel, power duel, siege, and ctf are fine. The only game mode Ive seen effected by this crappy honour code is FFA."

those are team playing gametypes like Bf1942, u really cant do anything about Bf1942 and there are major StarWars nerds who like to be jedi and this is a jedi game so they RP and try to be like them with the saberist code or they follow the code cause they have played the FFA a hell alot

ExcelsioN
10-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ShadowCloak
i dont know what MOHAA is but in Bf1942 is an objective team play kind of game

Posted by Excelsion:
"FFA just seems to have turned into a chat room facility, unfortunately. For us proper players; duel, power duel, siege, and ctf are fine. The only game mode Ive seen effected by this crappy honour code is FFA."

those are team playing gametypes like Bf1942, u really cant do anything about Bf1942 and there are major StarWars nerds who like to be jedi and this is a jedi game so they RP and try to be like them with the saberist code or they follow the code cause they have played the FFA a hell alot

I see what your getting at. I guess they just want to play like real jedi. Well, nothing wrong with that. After all, Jedi Knight is the closest we will ever come to being a real jedi.

But I dont like it when people who do something wrong get kicked. A lot of the time its without warning. So, if you obey this code, please just warn others on the load screen, or in the server name.

p.s. Mohaa is Medal of Honor: Allied Assualt

BawBag™
10-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Excelsion
But I dont like it when people who do something wrong get kicked. A lot of the time its without warning.
I know whatcha mean Excelsion, but it depends what "wrong" is if you follow me. I've got it set in my head that wrong is using kick during a saber challenge duel. On certain occasions they just say "please dont kick". Fair enough. I finish the duel and leave.
Its when those foolhardy admins sleep you, stand around trying to look all impressive, kill you a few times then kick you that gets my goat.

Or "wrong" could just be something people can't be bothered to figure out how to counter. :confused:

(I'd go with the latter - "Oh, I don't want to figure the game out properly")

:)

Master William
10-08-2003, 08:25 PM
jeez stop whining about the honor code, you don't accept it, I understand it, and I love it, i rather have a more friendly game than some big Ut2003 stylish game.

anyways, the honor code will never disappear, thank god

Yeah, I bet you all are gonna flame me, like usual.

I won't even check this thread, so go ahead and flame.

:rolleyes:

BawBag™
10-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Master William
jeez stop whining about the honor code, you don't accept it, I understand it, and I love it, i rather have a more friendly game than some big Ut2003 stylish game.

anyways, the honor code will never disappear, thank god

Yeah, I bet you all are gonna flame me, like usual.

I won't even check this thread, so go ahead and flame.

:rolleyes:
No, I for one will not flame you. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. This "Honor Code" thing has just gone too far.
From now on I suggest that every server with all the typical "lam3r" rules should clearly state "Honorz Cod3" in it's title.
There, problem solved, phone soon. :p

-DK-Squee
10-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Darth pnut YUO ARE JUST AN LAAAAMER! most servers have rules and when you are connecting it said surely that no chat kill or unarmed killing! and you should respect that u ***!! u should get kicked! or banned for sometime I am not a lamer, i like to chat BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN I PLAY THE GAME TO CHAT! The only reason i dont like lamers is because they disturb the peace, i still ffa,duel and all that crap, the point is, I DONT LIKE LAMERS BECAUSE THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO, THEY JUST RUN UP AND KILL YOU, lamers out there, give yourself a challenge and allow ppl to get their saber up and duel or ffa

ShadowCloak
10-08-2003, 09:30 PM
ooo that reminds me, this one time some guy was a lamer and everyone there followed the saberist code(aka Honor Code), and they kept calling him a n00b aand saying that he sucked, well he said that if u dont wanna die then chat for god's sake, then after when he came everyone just put there bubble up, so he lef tthe server

AxVegetA
10-08-2003, 09:57 PM
This honor code stuff is absolutely stupid, i only follow that code with my friends.
Actually i am most of the time saber off, but i am not that stupid to trust everybody to not hurt me from the back.
And if i wana talk i go to a corner or something and type fast.
But when i am chating with someone else, he covers me when i am typing and i cover him when he is typing.
Nothing we planed each other, just common sense.
Those people who yells LAMER CHATKILLER are just nOObs, and this is a fact.
Actually u get kicked-baned when u are anoying people.
In JO i was kicked and baned a lot, but in JA i have just being kicked once and because i killed an admin with saber off :rolleyes: How was i suposed to know he was an admin?

Fractal-Coffee
10-09-2003, 01:18 AM
The most amusing thing I think I've ever seen was when I slashed some guy that was in the middle of talking to someone.

Turns out he was the admin.

He said "That wasn't very nice. Now I'll have to kick you."

So I got ready to get booted, as usual.

He walks up to me, whips out his staff and literally kicks me in the head, knocking me down. Then he wandered off and beat up someone else.

Classic.

Rad Blackrose
10-09-2003, 01:43 AM
ooo that reminds me, this one time some guy was a lamer and everyone there followed the saberist code(aka Honor Code), and they kept calling him a n00b aand saying that he sucked, well he said that if u dont wanna die then chat for god's sake, then after when he came everyone just put there bubble up, so he lef tthe server

I call that killing season, huzzah!

Keep up the fight, boys.

GreenSmoke
10-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by AxVegetA
This honor code stuff is absolutely stupid, i only follow that code with my friends.
Actually i am most of the time saber off, but i am not that stupid to trust everybody to not hurt me from the back.
And if i wana talk i go to a corner or something and type fast.
But when i am chating with someone else, he covers me when i am typing and i cover him when he is typing.
Nothing we planed each other, just common sense.
Those people who yells LAMER CHATKILLER are just nOObs, and this is a fact.
Actually u get kicked-baned when u are anoying people.
In JO i was kicked and baned a lot, but in JA i have just being kicked once and because i killed an admin with saber off :rolleyes: How was i suposed to know he was an admin?

i dont get that. why do you need to "cover" each other at all? like honestly, someone kills you in a game, who cares. wtf everquest nerd.

Luc Solar
10-09-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by -DK-Squee
The only reason i dont like lamers is because they disturb the peace, i still ffa,duel and all that crap, the point is, I DONT LIKE LAMERS BECAUSE THEY DONT ALLOW YOU TO DO SO, THEY JUST RUN UP AND KILL YOU, lamers out there, give yourself a challenge and allow ppl to get their saber up and duel or ffa

Ask yourself: why in god's name would you ever put down your saber in a FFA? In my opinion putting away your saber should automatically take you to spectator mode. Obviously you're not playing at that moment, right?

Yes, the "lamers" run up and kill you. That is he game. They are trying to defeat the opponent.

What you are saying is: "no no you can't do that, you can't kill me because I want to choose when and how you can attack me. Or perhaps I don't want you to attack me at all because you kill me every time. You must play like I want you to play or I'll kick you.

they disturb the peace

"Peace" in a FFA? :rolleyes: That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. :D

Newsflash: "lamers" are not afraid of you. They do not look for cheap ways to kill because they know they can't beat you fair and square. But you can keep telling yourself that. That's what so many of you do. "he is not better than me, he is just a lamer!! Sure, he got 80 kills in 20 minutes but he killed me sab0r down which means that my 3 honourable saber duel kills are worth more than his lame 80 lamings."

These "lamers" just want to play a game of FFA. What you are doing is not FFA. You are in the wrong place. What you should do is take the challenge and instead of whining saber down, ignite it and go out there killing everything that moves. That is the challenge of a FFA.
It's not "press k and duelz me!!1 Oh no no, not you! I meant him...and not just yet, I have a conversation going about teh new amidala skin." (<<< that's not FFA. That is you doing some sort of freakish rpg-chatting in a FPS deathmatch. you got the wrong game, stop messing it up for everyone else.)

FK | unnamed
10-09-2003, 03:21 AM
I think Luc hates honor people more than I do.

:eek:

;)

Really though, I don't mess with people who are doing the "star wars thing".

Like today I was on some server and some guys were pretending to be darth who ever or some stuff and I left them alone, they were having fun doing what ever it was they were doing.

The guys who drive me nuts are the ones who just take this stuff way too far.

You walk through the middle of a FFA and a guy drills you with a saber, don't flip out and start calling votes to kick him.

Just use some common sense really.

If you are in a server with a saber off and others *are playing, chances are you are going to get hit.

So if you really want to just chat, go in spec mode or go off to a part of the map where no action is.

But Jesus, don't expect to stand in the middle of a battle field and expect the people who are playing to treat you like a lava pit that they must avoid at all costs.

And if you do run into a guy who only goes after saber down people, just go in spec mode if it is that much of an emotional disturbance for you to be “lamed”.

They can’t hurt you in spec mode and it's not like you were playing, so I don't see why this is not an option for you people...

Luc Solar
10-09-2003, 03:31 AM
I think Luc hates honor people more than I do.

No I don't. I just haven't had the chance to sleep during the past few weeks :o :(

FK | unnamed
10-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
No I don't. I just haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. :o :(

There is no excuse for that, the Finnish make some mighty fine booze.

:cool:

noide
10-09-2003, 03:32 AM
[ Anyway... enough with the colorful metaphors. Consider this your warning. ]

Luc Solar
10-09-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by noide
Honor in a FPS video game? yada yada yada colorful metaphors

:eek:

Well... that's...one way of putting it....

Iblis Reborn
10-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by noide
Dum dum doo dee doo, nothing to see here my friend, nothing to see here... move along.

i cant stand ppl who go overboard on the "honor" **** but DAMN MAN
thats the sickest thing ive read for the last 3 days! ;)

being a Jedi is fun and all
but why do you ppl wanna be a Jedi who just stands around and talks to ppl?

im not a Jedi and have no powers and i can stand around and talk to ppl all i want
but the point of being a Jedi in these games (IMO) is to actually play and be able to do things you cant do in real life

im here to play!

DarthCobra
10-10-2003, 10:52 PM
GIVE INTO YOUR ANGER!!!!

Only chatters get chat killed.

I often join server with serveral ppl in a group chatting. I find the double kata kills them all quickly an reminds them there is a game going on. Ive seen far too many ppl with trip mines an force users with their sabers down, only waiting for you to walk by so they can attempt to destroy you. The roll stabs from behind from unarmed ppl is constant. Saber off does not equal peace. Defend yourself, run away just STFU!!!

YOUR HERE TO DIE!
THATS ALL!
ITS GONNA HAPPEN ALOT!
GET USED TO IT!
GET OVER IT!

BOWING CHATTING WHINNING IDIOTS!
STFU!

I AM THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH!
JEDI BODIES LIE IN MY WAKE!

Sgt. Antronch
10-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Ya know so far this thread is Bull**** Listen if the server has a saberdown rule OBEY! if you don't then you deserved to be kicked and banned from the server and possibly your clan if you are in one. BUT this does not apply on all servers/people only if the server itself has a rule in the motd follow it if it doesn't there is no rule and people who say that saber down no kill are on the wrong server for that. Subject made simple, their server their game they do as they want. I hope this thread gets locked soon.

acdcfanbill
10-11-2003, 12:07 AM
I've always liked Cobra's "go get em at any cost" attitude :)

seriously ppl, there is no reason to stand around and bs with only one duel in FFA able to happen at any time, just goto a duel sever, in ffa, play ffa cripes, its horrid i swear.

I cant understand why these ppl expect everyone to obey their saber down rules, when they just run around with saber off and stab people in the back, or use force on them. I'm to the point, i just kill everything that i see :D

ExcelsioN
10-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Well said DarthCobra. :D

A lot of you people seem to want to stand around and chat in a server. Go ahead, but bear in mind that you are chatting in a game mode that is called FREE FOR ALL , not Chat Room . Im sure if Raven wanted this to happen they would put in a specific game type called Chat mode.

Perhaps you need the phrase free for all explaining.

Free - not restricted in rights: not subject to censorship or control by a ruler, government, or other authority, and enjoying civil liberties
It’s a free country.

For - to the benefit of: intending or intended to benefit somebody or something

All - all [awl] CORE-MEANING: a grammatical word used to indicate that the whole of a particular thing, amount, group, or area is involved or affected

Microsoft® Encarta® Premium Suite 2003. © 1993-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Put all those meanings together, associate them with Jedi Knight and lets see what you get:

A game mode where there is no restrictive rules, where everyone is allowed to do what the hell they like. Anyone can kill who they like, and there is nothing to stop them.
Enjoying Civil Liberties!

All I'm saying is: Go ahead, chat all you like, but prepare to die!

:rofl:

Pnut_Man
10-11-2003, 01:01 PM
I am happy to say that I no longer follow any of that saberdown= peace crap during FFAS. I came to this revelation during a game I was in yesterday with a friend...

We were trying to fight people on the Taspir map, but they were all standing around with their sabers off, pushing and gripping people when they felt like it. So I decided i'd get a bit of lightsaber action started, and i proceeded to swing at one of those 'saberdowners'. I was then called a 'LAMER' and voted to be kicked. Thankfully the vote failed and I was able to beat some sense into the damn staff wielder :p

Say NO to 'SABER DOWN=PEACE' idiots who turn off their saber in the middle of some huge ffa and then whine if you attack them !

AxVegetA
10-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by GreenSmoke
i dont get that. why do you need to "cover" each other at all? like honestly, someone kills you in a game, who cares. wtf everquest nerd.

You dont get that, you are right, you are too stupid to understand something.
And i dont play any rpg game, nor startegy game.
No sims, no starcraft, and no everquest.
I care if i am killed, i care a lot, specially if i get killed by noobs like you, thats why if you kill me once ill kill you ten times.
I dont have any problem against been killed while talking or while saber off, the problem is yours because you are gona get owned when i spawn.
You people have a serious problem of understanding.
Wandering saber off is perfectly fine, actually its cooler, better, and more real. Chatting is fine, i take my risk, and thats why i said we kinda cover each other. I mean, is that wrong? is it wrong to chat? noooooooooo, its wrong to cry when killed because u expect everybody follows the same rules you do.
Just because there are some worthless idiots that yell "CHATKILLER" or "LAMER", doesnt mean everyone who chats or wanders saber off is a honor noobidiot or rpg fan.
And fk- unnamed i challenged you via PM, dont act as u didnt read it, remember you challenged me when i didnt had the game?
Now i do, so dont be a coward.
:smirk2:

eniaC
10-12-2003, 03:36 AM
, the argument against the "Honor Codes" was very put, honestly never looked at it from that point of view, being farely to the JK series MP community. After almost constant playing of the game since the release I can already say that I'm finding it hard to keep following this "honor code", it seems there are better ways to deal with the the whole getting attacked unarmed and while chatting thing. Its really just all getting silly.

The reasons I followed the "honor code" from the beginning and for the most part will continue to:

1. The server payed 50 bucks for the game as well, let him have his rules, after all it is his server.

2.Most of the skilled players are those will carry on a decent conversation or even just simple pleasentries, they are real people at the other end of the computer remeber, If your a biggot or a**hole in real life, so be it, its your choice.

3. I've played for hours on end, and occasionally need a break and maybe private chat with a fellow opponent, at least that way were not annoying you with chat.

4. Is it really that important to win every single time, I'm sorry but when you lose a battle you usually tend to think, "hmm why did I lose, maybe I should try this or link these move together", it makes you a better "jedi", "soldier", "merc", "lamer" or whatever you choose.

Well I'm not going to ramble on about why I do something when in the end it doesn't mean poopoo.

In the end a large majority of the people complaining and "laming" will move onto other games in the next few months as newer games come out.

Until then then I say play as you wish, theres servers out there like Amidala's Chop Shops were its pure havoc, choas, body parts flayling about and all out bloody well fun, and there are servers where you can find 5 or 6 very skilled opponents engaging in duels on ffa maps because there is more variety of ledges, walls, and obstacles to do acrobatics off. (rings overhead in the Rift Sanctuary maps, or dueling in front of the statue of Ragnos on the Korriban map). Using single saber I have dueled a fellow single saberist accross the entire map of Rift ffa, great fun.
But these are just my opinions and this is how I like to play.

Bring on the flamming

Lame=logging on to |SiN|proving grounds server and being asked to leave as soon as I connected without getting to prove myself, and after they ignored my polite hello, I kindly said ok,sorry(disconnected). Sure if I hadnt left they would have voted me off anyways there was about 7 or 8 of them there.

Lame=ME: *engaged in duel*
Jerk: Time to interefere with the duel.

Lame=pretty much the whole argument.

eniaC

Vote no to Kicking player
Vote yes to kicking a**

Astrotoy7
10-13-2003, 02:01 PM
This is one of those neverending debate posts....

I'm more worried about DarthCobra, above,

YOUR HERE TO DIE!

All his posts are written "Son of Sam style" , the boy is a worry..... I wonder if his dog is telling him to kill n00bs/lamers/saberists............REDRUM !!!!!!!!!!

Chill out Man

MTFBWYA

HertogJan
10-13-2003, 07:19 PM
And the funny thing is that we've held this discussion like a million times before!!!

Seriously guys, stop discussing this, some people won't understand that you can't just enforce a rule on a server. So all you gotta do is follow the server rules. If the rules say "saber off = peace", so be it.

If the server rules say "defeat your opponents to score points", you'll just have to deal with it and do what the rules tell you to do...

DarthCobra
10-13-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I'm more worried about DarthCobra, above,

All his posts are written "Son of Sam style" , the boy is a worry..... I wonder if his dog is telling him to kill n00bs/lamers/saberists............REDRUM !!!!!!!!!!

Chill out Man

Worry about yourself. And I am not a BOY nor have I been for probably longer than you've been alive. I pick the dark sider role cause it amuses me. I need no medication, nor am I on any.

AND ITS A GAME! THAT YOU KILL PPL IN! YOU ARE THERE TO KILL AN DIE! Most of you will die more than you kill. Myself on the other hand will double most of your scores, most of the time.

END RANT!

I AM THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH!
JEDI BODIES LINE MY PATH!

FK | unnamed
10-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Well it is getting to be a little absurd again, so bringing this up is valid.

This game has been out what, like 3 weeks?

I was bored this morning and decided to mess around and play a little FFA.

It got kicked (just kicked, most of the noob admins still can't figure out how to ban without their precious admin mods) from about a dozen servers for the crime of playing FFA on a FFA server.

There were no "rules" on the MOTD so how am I supposed to know this is one of those homo star wars nerd orgy servers?

Better yet, how is the new kid who saved up his money and bought the game at EB world this past weekend supposed to understand why no one will let him play it online?

Guys, if it gives you an erection and makes you all tingly inside to see your Darth Maul model running around in a server, great, more power to you.

But please stop pushing people out of servers for asinine make believe fairly tale honor rules.

The only real thing you are doing is pushing people right out of this community's door.

If someone is an ass, fine get rid of them.

But let the damn kid who just bought the game and is trying to enjoy playing it have his fun as well.

Damn, even the Star Trek nerds don’t go out of their way to shove people out of the community like some of you honor dorks do.

Kurgan
10-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I think the "rules" I follow on a FFA server can be summed up thusly:

Defeat your enemies to score points.

I know I'm not the only one!

boinga1
10-14-2003, 12:23 AM
Actually, there are good reasons to run around without a saber. For instance, turning off your saber allows you to shoot level 3 lightning from both hands. I was on a CTF server yesterday, and there was this really annoying guy running around with "Melee" weapon, shooting level 3 lightning and jumping away whenever you attacked (with weapons). He was actually prett effective, since he was smart enough not to use lightnoing when Absorb was off.

Kurgan
10-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Actually, there are good reasons to run around without a saber. For instance, turning off your saber allows you to shoot level 3 lightning from both hands. I was on a CTF server yesterday, and there was this really annoying guy running around with "Melee" weapon, shooting level 3 lightning and jumping away whenever you attacked (with weapons). He was actually prett effective, since he was smart enough not to use lightnoing when Absorb was off.

I have wondered that myself, because you'll notice that if you throw Lightning Level 3 with melee, while you gesture with both hands, lightning only comes out of one hand.

Turning off your saber in combat has its uses, mainly stealth (without a big glow and a hum coming from your position). But people try to use it as a "I'm on base, you can't harm me" loophole to get out of being killed.

Back in the day, playing games like JK1 and UT, I would sometimes need to go do something for a minute or two and I'd leave my character facing a wall with no weapon drawn (if possible in the game) but when I came back I'd ALWAYS (without fail) find my character dead. I never once whined about it of course... and so I don't expect special treatment nor do I extend any.

ExcelsioN
10-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
I think the "rules" I follow on a FFA server can be summed up thusly:

Defeat your enemies to score points.

I know I'm not the only one!

That just says it all. :D

No need for this thread to continue.

:swear: :slsaber: