PDA

View Full Version : Making ***Troopers and Droids pushable and pullable (SPOILERS)

Damar Stiehl
10-09-2003, 02:22 AM
I'm highly annoyed by the fact that you can't push/pull droids and hazardtroopers. They can't be too heavy - I mean, size matters not, right?

How would I make them pushable/pullable? For s&g, I changed the hazardtrooper.npc and set the class to CLASS_STORMTROOPER for them. Now I could lift them off the ground with a Force Grip (but instead of the usual grab the throat anim they ran in place). Push/pull makes them lean back a bit but doesn't throw them.

Any more ideas?

Kurgan
10-09-2003, 05:34 AM
You can already push droids (or at least I can)... if you're talking about R2 units and that sort of thing...

Haven't gotten to the other guys (HT yet)...

Pedro The Hutt
10-09-2003, 12:09 PM
And I can pull or push the floating turret droids as well o.o Not that I have any need for that though. Those turret droids are the only enemies I throw my saber at XD

king yoda
10-09-2003, 01:05 PM
perhaps you must make a mod?

Neverhoodian
10-09-2003, 01:31 PM
I think he's talking about the assassin "Galak Mech wannabe" droids on Coruscant. btw, are hazardtroopers those troopers with the jetpacks/big suits with Concussion rifles/Repeaters?

Wa'es
10-09-2003, 02:16 PM
In response to the spoiler post above:

Some of the hazard troopers, which you first encounter on Vjun (Darth Vader's castle), use the concussion rifle. However, I don't recall them ever using rocket packs. Now, the rocket pack users, introduced on the level where you assist Wedge Antilles, are a completely different type of trooper. More of a paratrooper actually if you ask me.

NOTE: You can already push and pull the rocket pack wearers and the other Imperial troops aren't new to the Jedi Knight Series.

Damar Stiehl
10-09-2003, 05:25 PM
Haztroopers are different from the fliers. Haztroopers are huge, lumbering, slow behemoths with conc rifles. Not chokable, not pushable, not pullable. And Force- and sabre-resistant too.

I ended up replacing the haztroopers with jetpackers. Now if only I could "fix" those annoying assasino droids.

Pedro The Hutt
10-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Actually, with force speed and a fast slew of attacks you can saber them down ^.^ they're not so tough providing enough space to manouver, or I could try mastering deflecting conc shots back with Force push.

Starfire13
10-09-2003, 10:21 PM
The best way to deal with those, as someone pointed out in another post some time back, is to mind-trick them.

They may be heavy and have tough armour, but their minds are weak. Hehe. :p

cayqel
10-09-2003, 11:26 PM
I always feel so cheep mind tricking them then once they've killed there friend killing them, but it works. Expecially since I can't grip them (size matters not, right?).

The Demp Gun slows them down a bit as well.

idontlikegeorge
10-10-2003, 12:05 AM
I like the hazardtrooper's taunt: "I'm indestructable."