PDA

View Full Version : Chicago?

STTCT
10-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Hey guys - I might be taking a business trip out to Illionious can't friggin spell it. Anyways. Anyone live here?

obi
10-09-2003, 08:01 AM
:o
Groovy lives out there! He's the only one i can think of at the time though.

Darth Groovy
10-09-2003, 01:47 PM
That's right, I live in Joliet, which is about 40 mins south of Chicago. I know where all the good restaurants and stuff are.

I'll be in Chicago at the House Of Blues on Tuesday for the Alice Cooper concert. (I see him religiously every October.) :)

Sivy
10-09-2003, 02:18 PM
i don't... but i've seen the film

:D

i've always wanted to go though, there and LA.
i also wanted to go to boston but people have told me its boring there. anyone from boston? is that true?

Darth Groovy
10-09-2003, 02:26 PM
Not sure about LA or Boston, but if Chicago was just warm all year around, and you took away some of this damn wind, it would be nearly perfect! ;)

Sivy
10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
you know when i was younger i thought they called it the windy city cause thats where baked beans were made...

hehehe

:D

well if i ever win the green card lottery and the actual lottery i think i would move to a nice suburb of chicago.
how's grosse pointe?

Praetorian
10-09-2003, 05:54 PM
My sister lives northwest of Chicago, in Gurnee (sp?)

Make sure you stop at Ed Dibeviks (I can't spell) Hey groovy, maybe you can spell it.

Anyway, it's a 50's or 60's diner (i don't remember), and the waiters and waitresses are rude to you on purpose. It's all in good fun. Great food, too.

BTW - Uno's RULES!!! (groovy will get that)

STTCT
10-10-2003, 04:49 AM
kewl! Well I might be going to Aurora (that's where another warehouse is) for some training! It would be from Oct 27 to that following thursday. Let me know some kewl places Groovy!

edlib
10-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Siv
i've always wanted to go though, there and LA.
i also wanted to go to boston but people have told me its boring there. anyone from boston? is that true?
I live in Boston. I happen to like it.
Boring?.. I guess it can be, sometimes. Although if you like American History it's a great place.
The night life seems to pretty much shut down around 1:00am for some reason... which is really odd for a town where half the population are college students.
There's a LOT of culture, though. I guess it all depends on what you want to do here.

Personally, I didn't like L.A., but I didn't hate it either.

I haven't spent enough time in Chicago to make any kind of real opinion, although it seems cool.

STTCT
10-10-2003, 10:26 AM
LA isn't all its cracked up to be. Its actual the most hated by most of So Cal - the traffic suxs, its dirty and polluted... I could go on. Now...the beaches over here...ya now that's the place to go!

edlib
10-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Where are you?

I've went up and down the California coast when I was on tour. I loved San Francisco and the Bay area (Oakland was pretty funky, though,) and I thought San Diego was pretty nice, although I didn't spend much time there.

STTCT
10-10-2003, 10:55 AM
I live about an hour or so away from LA.

Boba Rhett
10-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Why doesn't anyone come to the sandy beaches of Iowa? :confused:

...oh, right.

STTCT
10-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Water in Iowa (http://www.traveliowa.com/images/media_center/hi_res_web/Okoboji_Games_99.gif)

Water in So Cal (http://www.hbonline.com/hbphotos/eveningsurf.jpg)

A day of fun in Iowa

http://www.traveliowa.com/images/media_center/hi_res_web/W011_Danish_Dancers_Elk_Horn.gif

A day of fun in CA

http://www.hbonline.com/hbphotos/dukepier.jpg

Transportation in Iowa

http://www.traveliowa.com/images/media_center/hi_res_web/C014_Boone_Scenic_Valley_Railroad_Boone

In CA

http://www.hbonline.com/hbphotos/hbtruck.jpg

Boba Rhett
10-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Hmmm... should I feel bad that I know where that is? :D

Praetorian
10-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Resize in aisle 4
(that made no sense)

Don't worry, Rhett. I'd come and visit Iowa instead of California. Of course, the fact that I don't have enough money to go to California might have something to do with that.

However, I wouldn't go to Cali for the beach...I live in Florida, I can go to the beach whenever I want.

STTCT
10-10-2003, 11:56 AM
Your beaches are nice...but where are the waves...YOU GUYS DON"T HAVE ANY MOUNTaINS EITHER.

another_trooper
10-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Somebody is angry today. . .;)
Well in montreal, we dont have beaches, well actually we do, but I never go to them cuz they suck and i hate beaches.

edlib
10-10-2003, 12:35 PM
Couldn't you find any bigger pictures to post, Shan? :rolleyes:

:p

Boba Rhett
10-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Meh, I could care less about beaches. I like Iowa. :)

Praetorian
10-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
Your beaches are nice...but where are the waves...YOU GUYS DON"T HAVE ANY MOUNTaINS EITHER.
I never go to the beach to swim.(well, usually I don't) I go to play volleyball, soccer, football, etc.

I agree, mountains are nice. In Florida, were lucky to have bumps in the road, let alone mountains.

Sivy
10-10-2003, 01:18 PM
do all the lifeguards run in slow-motion in CA?

what about eathquakes? i hear you get them everyday

Darth Groovy
10-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah Iowa is cool.

if your a Martian! :D

*runs off*

STTCT
10-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Sorry about the image size. They were small on the page I stole them from :). Ya - we have earthquakes everyday but most you can't even feel. We haven't had a big one in a long time.

Jared
10-12-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Siv
do all the lifeguards run in slow-motion in CA?

what about eathquakes? i hear you get them everyday

yes. they run in slow motion.:D always.

Clefo
10-16-2003, 02:57 AM
I've been to Chicago a few times.. Kinda cold there, but a nice bustling overbooming metropolis.

Now the worst city in America is, hands down, Phoenix. It has no discernable street system, 60% of the people who live there are really old, it smells REALLY funny, plus it drives good events away from Tucson.

Now Tucson is another story. A growing city of about 800,000, Tucson is warm all year round, but isn't a drought ridden dirt pit, nuh-uh.

Tucson boasts a friendly enviroment of Gang Warfare and politicians who spend money on crappy art projects. Tucson also boasts a population of illegal immigrents and Linda Rondstat.

Come visit beautiful Tucson, Arizona today!

Paid for by the "Come To Tucson Foundation" which wants to blow your money on hookers and crack

STTCT
10-16-2003, 04:24 AM
The closest I've come to Tucson, is Havasu!!!! Yup, we used to go jetskiing there all the time. Beautiful and loads of fun. There's also a lot of naked and drunk people there.....

GUNNER
10-16-2003, 09:29 AM
You want beautiful? Then come to Seattle. It's a lot nicer then people think. We broke a record this year with 75 ( maybe more) days with the temp over 75. We have great mountains, we have the ocean, beaches are lame though. We have forests.

And we have me. ;)

Mt. Raineer (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/mt_rainier/emmons-glacier-mt-rainier23.htm)

sunset. (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/mt_rainier/mt_rainier_sunset_d3.htm)

another shot (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/mt_rainier/carman/rainier-sailboat-805.htm)

space needle (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/space_needle/alexander/needle13_from_qa.htm)

at night (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/space_needle/alexander/space-needle-121.htm)

ferry boat (http://www.seattlephotographs.com/photos/seattle_waterfront/ferry_boat_harbor_3d.htm)

Anyways, it's perty here. ;)

Praetorian
10-16-2003, 11:09 AM
And it always is raining in Seatle too.
You set a record for temps over 75?!?! :confused: Wow, I wish our temps were that low. Stinkin' 90 degree weather in September. It's just now cooling down.

Well, since everyone else is giving plugs for there hometown. COME TO CLEARWATER, FL! We've got beaches w/ no waves (unless a huricane is coming), Gondiliears (the best pizza outside Chicago), across the bay from Tampa, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, and weather in the 70's (well, only from October to March). Busch Gardens and all theme parks in Orlando.

edlib
10-16-2003, 02:10 PM
Seattle rocks!
I spent a couple of weeks out there when I was a kid, and it only rained one day that whole time. Everyone kept telling me how unusual that was though.
Nice place.

GUNNER
10-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Praetorian
And it always is raining in Seatle too.
You set a record for temps over 75?!?! :confused: Wow, I wish our temps were that low. Stinkin' 90 degree weather in September. It's just now cooling down.

Well, since everyone else is giving plugs for there hometown. COME TO CLEARWATER, FL! We've got beaches w/ no waves (unless a huricane is coming), Gondiliears (the best pizza outside Chicago), across the bay from Tampa, SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, and weather in the 70's (well, only from October to March). Busch Gardens and all theme parks in Orlando.

Um, 75+ strait days of no rain. that doesn't sound like alot of rain to me. Besides, I have been to Florida. You might not get rain very often but when you do it pours big frikkin time. So I wouldn't be to proud of it, besides, the humidity is crap. My in-laws live in Phoenix, now there is some hot weather.

jediduo
10-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Oh! Come to ARKANSAS! Where the weather changes every five minutes, cold weather = ice, the state ACT average is like 15, and you can't go for ten minutes without driving by a huge, rusty pickup truck on a 20-inch lift with tires that are 30 inches in diameter!

Thank God I'm going to college in Indiana...

STTCT
10-20-2003, 05:02 AM
Its been like 101 degree's here all weekend. I've been melting! Its fricken hot!!!

GUNNER
10-20-2003, 08:51 AM
So are you saying you wish it was 28 degrees with a foot of snow on the ground?:rolleyes:

STTCT
10-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Nope, that's why I live in California, but it would be nice to get some "Fall - like" weather. :cool:

Clefo
10-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
Its been like 101 degree's here all weekend. I've been melting! Its fricken hot!!!

Wuss

Darth Groovy
10-20-2003, 03:32 PM
It's supposed to get up to 80 today. Yay?:confused:

jediduo
10-21-2003, 02:53 AM
28 degrees and snow is better than 101 degrees, humid. Always. Period, forever and ever, amen.

jediduo
10-21-2003, 03:00 AM
28 degrees and snow is better than 101 degrees, humid. Always. Period, forever and ever, amen.

STTCT
10-21-2003, 04:46 AM
"say it again jedi, say it again!"

"oooo, that tickles"

/lion king hyena voice

Sivy
10-21-2003, 11:17 AM
lol

*wishes he was in California*

its been raining here (u.k) all day and its windy and bloody cold.
i can't feel my feet.. which in a way is good cause they would only be wet and bloody cold anyway.

jediduo
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Hmm.... I have no idea why that posted twice. Does anyone else get a "no thread specified" error message when trying to post? I do, so I always hit back, and then re-send it. It works the second time, but not the first. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sivy
10-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by jediduo
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

no... do you?

:D j/k

yes i've had that a couple of times. only here though, which is odd.

Praetorian
10-22-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jediduo
Hmm.... I have no idea why that posted twice. Does anyone else get a "no thread specified" error message when trying to post? I do, so I always hit back, and then re-send it. It works the second time, but not the first. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I had the same problem with a PM.

jediduo
10-22-2003, 09:09 PM
yeah, very odd..... do the admins or mods know about it?

STTCT
11-03-2003, 05:10 AM
Hey everyone! I'm baaaack! Had a good time in Chicago. Went to Hard Rock Cafe and walked along Michigan Avenue. Mostly all work and no play though. Had to evacuate my parents because of the fire Saturday Night. It was awful. Everybody and everything is ok though :)

Jared
11-03-2003, 05:53 AM
oh...glad to hear everything is ok....we were under the impression your house burned down or something...^^

STTCT
11-03-2003, 06:02 AM
a street away from my parents house...we were very fortunate. I was up all night with evacuating my parents and also I had to leave early in the morning to my flight It was very hard. Some people we knew lost their homes up in Devore. I live not to far from that like 5 miles.