PDA

View Full Version : Simon Jeffery resigns abruptly?

Erwin_Br
10-09-2003, 01:51 PM
DasJan posted this news on AdventureGamers forums, quoted from the LA Times:

The president of LucasArts Entertainment Co., Simon Jeffery, abruptly resigned. A company spokeswoman would not say why he resigned or who would replace him at the San Rafael, Calif., game publisher he led for more than three years.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/technology/?track=mainnav-technology

I guess that's pretty shocking news. I wonder why he resigns if it's true...

--Erwin

MrManager
10-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Not good.

Oystein
10-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Is this company falling apart, or what?! This is very bad indeed. Although a fresh face may bring in some new, fresh ideas.

telarium
10-09-2003, 05:07 PM
Well it's easy to speculate. LucasArts has had extreme highs and extreme lows in the past few months. Galaxies and Knights of the Old Republic had record sales, while RTX Red Rock and Full Throttle 2 failed miserably.

What can you say? Let's just hope they find a new president who is familiar with and embraces the LucasArts legacy like Simon did. He will be missed.

ptdc
10-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Another blow for LEC. :( I hope new blood brings more original titles :\

TheMonkeyGuy
10-09-2003, 05:55 PM
This is a very sad new :( I think that Simon was doing very well his job, I hope that LucasArts find a good president. Good luck, simon!

ThunderPeel2001
10-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Hurrah!

Scummbuddy
10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm throwing my hat into the ring to take the reigns of LucasArts.

I think it'd be a fun thing to do before the new president comes in and while Mixnmojo is in its semi-down time. A way to gain interest back into getting people back to the site and to the boards. Maybe all the webmasters and high heads should start campaigning and tell what they would do, although it would be heavily adventure biased and less Star Wars.

The Washington Recall... or....well, just a Mixnmojo Election.

telarium
10-10-2003, 12:30 AM
Maybe Simon was just horrified over who was now governor of his state and decided to get the hell out.

ThunderPeel2001
10-10-2003, 01:20 AM
Behold the glorious legacy that Simon Jeffrey has left for us all in his three short years as President!

Escape From Monkey Island
Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine
Star Wars: Demolition
Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
Star Wars: Episode I: Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Force Commander
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Star Wars: Obi-Wan
Star Wars: Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II
Star Wars: Starfighter
Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Racer Revenge
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
RTX Red Rock
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

And to look forward to!
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Armed & Dangerous
Gladius
Sam N Max 2

Thanks, Simon! You will be missed!

MrManager
10-10-2003, 01:47 AM
Most of the games listed above were started under Jack Sorensen. Plus you left out games like Armed & Dangerous and Gladius.

Scummbuddy
10-10-2003, 02:26 AM
http://www.lucasarts.com/jobs/descriptions/?ID=producer

there is currently no president job opening...according to their website. maybe they also need a new website manager ;P

HenryJonesJr.
10-10-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001
Hurrah!

LOL

But whats up with all this people calling it quits at lucasarts??

mercatfat
10-10-2003, 04:26 AM
finally, i can start making fat jokes about him without losing my esteemed posistion at mojo. about damn time.

Bobo Donkey™
10-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Heres an idea. How about an ex-Sierra employee takes over LucasArts then we would see more adventure games coming our way }:¬)

BooJaka
10-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Booo! It's always bad for someone to leave Lucas Arts. Lets hope he has good luck for the future and the same for the company.

telarium
10-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Bobo Donkey™
Heres an idea. How about an ex-Sierra employee takes over LucasArts then we would see more adventure games coming our way }:¬)

Yes, then we could get some new, inferior, less polished graphic adventures.

ThunderPeel2001
10-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Most of the games listed above were started under Jack Sorensen.

Yes, be he was responsible for them being released. Don't take Simon's work away from him!

pebsmith
10-13-2003, 02:56 AM
I think the Mixnmojo guys should take over at LA. But then the company would crash every year or so.

Sorry guys, it was just such an easy joke.

elTee
10-13-2003, 01:55 PM
I think that the new president should be a massive Star Wars fan. I mean, lets face it, with Episode III on the way LucasArts are going to be making many many more Star Wars games for at least another 4 years or so. This way, at least the Star Wars games they do make could be good. When the Star Wars thing dies down again, hopefully LucasArts will go back to adventure games again. I mean, when were all the classic adventures made? 1988-1997ish - ie, after the Star Wars movies. In 1998 Episode I was announced and the world went Star Wars mental again, and LucasArts had a duty to make games to satisfy the fans.

Only time will tell.

Erwin_Br
10-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Most StarWars games are being developed out-house though :)

--Erwin

ptdc
10-17-2003, 12:28 AM
If they were being developed in an out house, that would make sense ;p

Erwin_Br
10-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by PTDC
If they were being developed in an out house, that would make sense ;p

Well, they say the best ideas come up in the bathroom.

--Erwin

ThunderPeel2001
10-18-2003, 10:50 PM
In their case, wouldn't it be "out" in the bathroom (sorry, this must stop!!! Jedi Outcast was excellent, phew!). Actually weren't the worst offenders developed in-house? TPM, Pod Racer etc?

~ John