View Full Version : ? RE Sullust
02-03-2001, 03:42 AM
Okay, here's what I'm trying:
1. Naboo Starfighter, a necessity for gold (as best I can tell)
2. Sync my lasers (helps boost accuracy, the biggest problem with the NS) until the end when I wail away at the generator nodes.
3. Manually firing torpedoes to save time on running attacks.
4. Be sure to wipe out the "boxes" under the platform to get sufficient number of kills--but without diverting much time.
I'm missing gold by about 35 seconds everytime. Anything I'm missing in my strategy? One big waste of time (15-20 seconds at least) is the crap I have to go through to finally knock our all the nodes on the generator. Any ideas?
02-04-2001, 02:30 AM
Finally I've got gold!
Here's my modifications & tips:
1. Don't waste ANY time nailing the boxes by the landing platform.
2. You must get good enough to take out 3-4 sensors without losing a ship. Hard, but the Naboo ship is fast and had pretty good shields.
3. After every torpedo launch, reset and get ready for another. Targeted lauches at the sensors only take one torpedo. If you do it manually it'll take a torpedo and some laser fire.
4. Keep moving! With your targeting system constantly up, keep blasting everything you target.
5. When you get closer to the platform area (after the first 3-4 sensors) beware that 4 missile launchers are in the general proximity. Get those blasted things first!
6. Be sure to unsynch your lasers for the final assault on the floating generator. Try your best to take out at least 3-4 nodes before crashing into it, then get the rest without crashing again. Circle around if necessary.
02-19-2001, 02:55 AM
BTW, one other helpful thing is to get very familiar with the layout of each sensor relay. At first, it can be overwhelming, but eventually, you get the "lay of tha land"
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
02-19-2001, 02:18 PM
Use the Y-Wing the only problem I have using the Y-Wing on Sullust is I think I'm running out of time and stop killing the turrets and end up getting silver because I'm short on enemies.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
03-02-2001, 01:45 AM
Dude, you're making this way to hard. Just zip around the place at top speed and take out the missle silos (and guns if you can do it without wasting time). You WILL need to learn where the silos are. Then, on the next pass, take out all the guns and the sensors -if there are guns around the sensor, shoot the guns and use missle on the sensor, otherwise use guns on the sensor (you don't have enough missles for all the sensors). Keep your distance from the shield generator - it seems to be more effective (and you won't run into it)!
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.