PDA

View Full Version : FPS in the toilet... and all I got is a BOX!

JorenDarkStar
10-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Ok, here is the deal - I made a nice hallway, and my FPS was horrible - unplayable. So I made a backup of the hall, and began to remove things (this is after I tried making some things detail brushes), and tested and retested, and every time, my FPS is shot - the same. I seriously am left with just a rectangular box, and some red lights. I tried making items detail brushes, tried removing just about everything, tried even moving the map around in case it was crossing leaf nodes, and still have the issue - note, this is the beta GTKRadiant (the one GothicX linked to), and I am making a JA map, if this helps any. The map is light on shaders too, so it's not that either.
So, anyone have any ideas?

epikon
10-10-2003, 02:41 PM
are you making sure the unseeable textures are caulk?

Emon
10-10-2003, 04:01 PM
No, that won't matter.

Turn off dynamic glow, it's buggy until the patch.

r_dynamicGlow 0

JorenDarkStar
10-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Actually, I picked up Release Candidate 3 today, and the Dynamic glow is fixed. all is right in the world, lol...

Emon
10-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Erm, what? GtkRadiant doesn't have dynamic glow, nor does it interface with JA at all, and it cannot fix dynamic glow... What are you talking about?

BurningSheep
10-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Sometimes when I'm running GTKradiant and test my map in JA the game will just run at 0 FPS. I had the same problem with JK2radiant (in combination with JO), so it seems it's rather a problem with my pc then radiant. Solution, don't run radiant when testing a map :(

Emon
10-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Just go to File -> Sleep before running the game.

JorenDarkStar
10-12-2003, 04:41 AM
hmm. Well, all I was saying is that my issues got solved when I used the RC 3 of GTK Radiant and compiled with it, without having to turn off dynamic glow. I really don't have the foggiest on how things work behind the scenes.