PDA

View Full Version : What makes you "feel" like a Jedi?

Jaden X
10-11-2003, 02:40 AM
Pushing Stormies to bottonless pit really makes me feel like a Jedi....

g//plaZma
10-11-2003, 03:05 AM
...no comment

Crow_Nest
10-11-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by g//plaZma
...no comment

Thats some good spamming. real good spamming.:rolleyes:

Killing a group of stormtroopers makes me feel like a jedi.:)

Nehebkau
10-11-2003, 04:58 AM
Hmm... I would have to say, killing people in Duels that use staff and duals with my single saber.

Good times :atat:

Aryyn
10-11-2003, 05:48 AM
I will take your head off with my bright red staff sabers.

CortoCG
10-11-2003, 06:04 AM
Having my girlfriend to hold my lighsaber makes me "feel" like a Jedi :cool:.

weiderudare
10-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Having my girlfriend to hold my lighsaber makes me "feel" like a Jedi .
LOL. You have some weird version of Star Wars....

To fight a Reborn in a dark room with bottomless pits really makes me feel like a jedi.

Astrotoy7
10-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Using Mind Trick on the prom queen last year... :P

...seriously.... yeah, for me it would have to be running around artus detention level from JO, with a twilek jedi, on a tauntaun, in hoth gear wielding a saber lopping off stormies heads.... thats STAR WARS OLD SKOOL !

Another one that would qualify is the dificult to perform occurrence of repeating 'the skywalker manoeuvre' from ROTJ in the swoop level :

1. jump off your speeder
2. Turn to face the chasing swoop
3. activate your green SINGLE blade
4. Deflect incoming bolts
5. Slice off the front of the swoop as it races past you, the rider and swoop crash and explode
6. disengage the blade
7. Bathe in the glory of your skill

MTFBWYA

Tsaya
10-11-2003, 12:31 PM
Hm, pretty hard to answer. To feel like a jedi would require you to see and feel more than a human could (the force). Pretty impossible to get that feeling I'd say.
So whenever I play JA I just feel like myself. Like myself having a lot of fun though, so that's fine :D

Astrotoy7
10-11-2003, 12:53 PM
So whenever I play JA I just feel like myself. Like myself having a lot of fun though, so that's fine

Tsaya, that's a GREAT answer ! The forums need more sane people like you !!!!

MTFBWYA

DarthCobra
10-11-2003, 06:41 PM
JEDI ARE WEAK! PASSIVE!!
SITH ARE STRONG! AGRESSIVE!

What makes me feel like a Sith Lord?

DOUBLING EVERYONES SCORE IN A FFA!! EVERYTIME I PLAY!

GIVE INTO YOUR ANGER!

I AM THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH!
JEDI BODIES LIE IN MY WAKE!

VanishingVision
10-11-2003, 07:33 PM
DarthCobra.. I think you may have forgotten to take your pills my friend lol

GO TAKE EM' ... NOW!

-VanishingVision

Neverhoodian
10-11-2003, 07:38 PM
What makes me feel like a Jedi? Well, there's many times. One is wall-running with Force speed on, jumping on a stormie's head and using the momentum to slice his partner behind him, then turning around and roll-stabbing the first one. Another instance is Matrix-dodging a disruptor shot, then hurling the saber at the offender, or rolling out of the way when a Reborn does the downwards stab after knocking you down.

I feel like a Sith when I blast someone with the Drain/Lightning combo with saber off. Another is gripping a Reborn and throwing the saber at him before he can get his saber re-ignited. I ALWAYS feel evil when I perform the "death hug" of Drain.

And, to top it off, I feel just plain awesome when I kill a swoop rider on foot.:D

Prime
10-11-2003, 07:40 PM
What makes me feel like a Jedi?

Wishing I had a concussion rifle available instead of a glowing stick...

Darth_Pnut
10-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Reflecting blaster bolts back at 3 or four stomries and watching them die makes me feel more Jedi Like than running up and hacking um to peices, but the most Jedi I've ever felt was when I jumped over one Dark jedi and killed him with backswing than rolled forward and stabed his friend then pushed 3 stormies off a cliff with no damage then turned off my saber and pocedeed to the next area

D_P!

Pedro The Hutt
10-11-2003, 08:48 PM
What makes me feel like a Jedi? Being able to leave a room with as many people alive as I've entered it. *blesses Force pull & lvl. 2 mind trick*

El Sitherino
10-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt
What makes me feel like a Jedi? Being able to leave a room with as many people alive as I've entered it. *blesses Force pull & lvl. 2 mind trick* I agree with pedro :)

Sgt. Antronch
10-11-2003, 09:11 PM
sift and tilde (~) god GODMODE ON give all then NPC spawn desann x 40 then killing them all with a blaster rifle, who says jedi HAVE to use sabers? :p :D :D :D :rolleyes:

DarkLord60
10-11-2003, 10:06 PM
Godmode? why dude

Nothing make me feel like a jedi cause the game doesn't make me feel like anything Now Dark Forces II: Jediknight did ah classic times.

Lightsaberboy
10-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Sgt. Antronch
who says jedi HAVE to use sabers? :p :D :D :D :rolleyes:

too many people, sadly. too many people.....

but anyways, just using force powers in the game makes me feel like im a jedi.

Tsaya
10-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Astrotoy7 wrote:
Tsaya, that's a GREAT answer ! The forums need more sane people like you !!!!

Sane, yeah... sure :rolleyes:

But for real, you sit in front of your computer hit a few keys and move your mouse. There has to be some kind of physical action to give you a feeling like this. At least that's how I see it.

CortoCG
10-12-2003, 04:49 AM
Practicing moves with my katana and not getting hurt in the process makes me feel like a jedi really. Do fencing with my girlfriend (this time I mean for real, not a sexual innuendo) makes me feel like a jedi.

PS: I broke a couple of things at home while playing with my katana though.

Astrotoy7
10-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Tsaya stated
There has to be some kind of physical action to give you a feeling like this

I see playing a game, especially the SP storyline the equivalent of reading an adventure in a book, or seeing an exciting/action movie. Its immersive to the senses, though not necessarily a physical experience....

Still, you can *clearly* see what I mean when I said the forum needed more sane individuals...please refer to DarthCobra above !! :P

DarthCobra, take a walk by the beach man..... and TAKE YOUR PILLS !!!!

MTFBWYA

Remirol Nacnud
10-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by weiderudare
LOL. You have some weird version of Star Wars....

To fight a Reborn in a dark room with bottomless pits really makes me feel like a jedi.
I found that pretty easy to achieve.
Hhehe, easiest but most fun level in the game!

Fore some reason, I get the most feeling of a jedi when I jump down from one surface to another.

I think it's something that I've seen Luke and the young obi wan do a lot. They kill someone, or the someone runs away, so they put away their sabre and jump down and walk slowly to follow the person, or move on to the next area.

Running around like a madman doesn't make me feel like a jedi.

There's also the 'incidental hits' that are in this game that you can use like proper moves.
There are a couple of moves with the sabre where you have a large backswing before swinging forward. My favourite move is to aim for the guy in front, hit the guy behind with the backswing, then slice through the guy in front.
Or even better, the backswing deflects a swing from the guy behind. :D

Damar Stiehl
10-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Force Sense 3.

Dodging a Tenloss shot.

Being able to walk into a roomful of enemies and walk out without a scratch.

Force Lightning.

My two custom sabres (True Flame and Sentinel) and the moves I can pull off with them.

It's a good game.

weiderudare
10-12-2003, 03:45 PM
To jump down into a group of stormtroopers and kill them before they have time to react...

Amidala from Chop Shop
10-12-2003, 04:28 PM
What makes me "feel" like a Jedi? Putting on my official Star WarsŪ Jedi KnightŪ: Jedi Academy(tm) lingerie. Mmmmm, silky!

Tyler_Durden
10-12-2003, 10:24 PM
A first person lightsaber mode.... oh well, next.......

Damar Stiehl
10-13-2003, 04:29 PM
/me slobbers over Amidala's avatar.

Yum.

Sgt. Antronch
10-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Lets keep this on topic or a moderator will close this thread

KaiaSowapit
10-13-2003, 08:21 PM
I'd say it's that "tingly" sensation. Oh wait, maybe that's my dandruff shampoo?

MasterSidious
10-13-2003, 08:29 PM
I'd say when I feel like a jedi is when I'm battling in MP with rage, this gives you more speed like how you would really be if you were a jedi :D .

CortoCG
10-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Amidala from Chop Shop is that you from the avatar? Never mind just kidding.

MasterSidious
10-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by weiderudare
To jump down into a group of stormtroopers and kill them before they have time to react...

Yes, that too :D

Sam Fisher
10-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Swinging a saber!

Really.

But I think just owning people & bots with a really cheap move that's against their 'rules'.

lazoras
10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
i would have to say the last time i really felt like a jedi was back in JO when i went to a server that was doing two on one duels...i won so many times that they decided to toss in an extra two ...that was kinda intense...i beat them all and the last swing i made i rolled under this guys horozontal swing came from behind with a yellow vertical attack and chopped off his head then i walked like 2 or 3 steps and turned off my saber...

that made me feel like a jedi....

Tim_Enchanter
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
What makes me feel like a jedi is dueling Minimal force. only the skill of the blade to defend against my opponent. Sith or Jedi Im sure you'll agree SMASHING some loud mouth DFA abuser into oblivion.

That and shouting DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL WITH NASTY BIG POINTY TEETH

Iblis Reborn
10-16-2003, 07:54 AM
actually having the force and a lightsaber would do it for me!

STTCT
10-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Hearing the Lightsaber ignite on my big old speakers!

Casper
10-17-2003, 01:59 AM
Hmm what makes me feel like a jedi?..... hmmm let me think. I could bring a double bladed saber into school and if some idiot shoves me in a locker I could whip it out and take his head off:dsaber:But the force is for defense Never attack:wan: So I would probley defeat a fully grown rancor that would make me feel like a jedi Btw hey STTCT did it hurt when you fell from heaven lol. =]