PDA

View Full Version : Map Editor

FragFodder
10-11-2003, 09:20 AM
I've noticed that a few new maps are slowly trickling out (WampaJoust springs to mind).

Is there a map editor available for JKA yet? Else if not, how did these people put something together?

I've tryed using GTKRadient running the JK2 plugin but it falls over when I try compiling.

Has anyone got any ideas?

FragFodder

|GG|Carl
10-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by FragFodder
Is there a map editor available for JKA yet?
No, it's not, but they are creating one.

PS. The JO one can still be used for JA.

FragFodder
10-11-2003, 10:34 AM
*Reinstalls and tries again*

Thanks m8, I'll see what can be done :)

FF

|GG|Carl
10-11-2003, 10:43 AM
But wait, I think you have to change some things in it to work with JA!(I dunno what! You'd better ask the ones t the mapping forum!)

GothiX
10-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Look at the sticky thread on top.

ddragon64
10-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Is there an echo in this place?

The JAradiant isn't out yet but there is a new version of GTKradiant that has JA support. :cool:

Click on me please (http://www.map-center.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1384)

Dragon

FragFodder
10-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Good stuff, cheers guys :)

I got JK2Radient working, had to use the DOS Short names instead of the full paths to the base folder etc within the project settings. This solved the problems I was having with the compiler binning out.

The only downside seems to be an inability to control lighting. I'm working on a map at the moment but I haven't used ANY light entities at all, yet the map is ready lit. It's a pain because I wanted to use dark blue lighting to achieve a midnight effect.

I'll have a look at that testing version. If nothing else it's worth a crack :)

FF