PDA

View Full Version : The Lightsaber Color Thread

Bowas5
10-12-2003, 02:37 PM
Which color is your favourite lightsaber color. I like yellow.

vegietto
10-12-2003, 02:41 PM
mine is green, it looks good

JediNyt
10-12-2003, 07:43 PM
True blue, man.

Lynk Former
10-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Red... favourite colour of course ^^

ZBomber
10-12-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm a fan of Orange and red DUal Sabers. ;)

wassup
10-13-2003, 01:21 AM
:dsaber:

LDB_modeski
10-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Purple all the way man. Goes well with my skin tone.

dr domo
10-13-2003, 11:30 AM
RED cause it was the color of my first toylightsaber. Or was my first toylightsaber RED cause I like my lightsabers red? Mmm, must meditate on that one.....

Captain Wilson
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Red, cause you carnt get blacks sabers i think...

Rogue15
10-13-2003, 06:23 PM
yellow, it's the color of the Jedi Sentinel's lightsaber.

My own personal favorite, is teal, or a greenish blue showing more blue than green.

Snafu7
10-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Blue it's the classic saber color

Shado Vorn
10-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Green , because those who wield a green lightsaber in the Star Wars universe ... seem to last longer than those who don't. Or maybe it's simply because Green is just a purty color ....

eaglescoutes
10-17-2003, 09:06 PM
Green because that's the Master's color. Yoda has green, Obi-Wan has green, etc. etc.

RockerD
10-18-2003, 01:24 AM
im pretty sure u ment to post this in the lightsabre color pole u new to LF or forums in general scoutes......but obi doesnt have a green sabre its blue quigon did tho

Darth Rythe
10-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by eaglescoutes
Green because that's the Master's color. Yoda has green, Obi-Wan has green, etc. etc.

Obi- wan Kenobi has a blue lightsaber.

Red

|GG|Carl
10-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Red, of course!

Lord Siraious
10-20-2003, 12:10 PM
I love my White lightsaber

ZBomber
10-21-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Shado Vorn
Green , because those who wield a green lightsaber in the Star Wars universe ... seem to last longer than those who don't. Or maybe it's simply because Green is just a purty color ....

Qui-Gon did last awhile, but then he died. And Yoda definetley lasted long. :)

If I had to be a Jedi - I would have an orange saber, but if I was a sith/dark jedi, red all the way. :)

Orca Wail
10-21-2003, 06:44 PM
green. greengreengreen....

Crow_Nest
10-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Green rulez.:cool:

lol. no one likes orange :lol:

Miko_lover
10-22-2003, 03:31 PM
It is a rather awkward color for a lightsaber. I like PURPLE and RED and also Lowbacca'sBRONZEish color. Sry, it's a tough dessicion...ooh, watch my spelling!

IG-64
10-24-2003, 08:56 AM
yellow bent for single, green and green for dual, orange for staff.

glove311
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
red is the best. my fav color too. ya gotta love darth sidious' dual red saber. now that's a bad ass!

Darth Groovy
10-27-2003, 04:22 PM
Paisley.:o

rad-x
10-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Blue! It's easily the best. BY A MILE.

rick ulo 11103
10-30-2003, 11:18 PM
blue

op087
11-01-2003, 11:13 PM
blue is just my fave color.

Master William
11-02-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Darth Rythe
Obi- wan Kenobi has a blue lightsaber.

Red

Obi-Wan was a Jedi Knight, and that he remained, he even says it in ANH. He never became a Jedi Master.

Pie™
11-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Red, cuz it's evil!!! MOHAHAHA! *sees everybody glaring at him, and puts a paper bag over his head*

Tyrion
11-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Pink! Teehee!

...I mean, uh..green.

Lynk Former
11-08-2003, 10:38 PM
No pink suits you very well actually Ty... VERY well

ZBomber
11-08-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
No pink suits you very well actually Ty... VERY well

I second that statement. :)

Hey, Crow....

Orignally Posted by me:
I'm a fan of Orange and red Dual Sabers.

MennoniteHobbit
11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
i would want a black saber----- it would be the best stealth saber. just imagine the beginning of episode one on the trade federation droid ship- after the poison gas you could see the lightsaber illuminating the room because the droids saw it they started attacking. if the saber was black, qui gon and obi wan could kill the droids even faster. in the dark, you could prey on your victims unfound. best stealth saber

Hermie
11-21-2003, 10:39 PM
ipurple is the ultimate saber color. ok perhaps not the ultimate because it look sissy when its single saber (like Mace-Windu). dont get me wrong, Mace is a bad-ass Jedi master, but it doesnt look right with a single purple. it loooks best with staff and combined with a double red

ZBomber
11-22-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Herminator_64
ipurple is the ultimate saber color. ok perhaps not the ultimate because it look sissy when its single saber (like Mace-Windu). dont get me wrong, Mace is a bad-ass Jedi master, but it doesnt look right with a single purple. it loooks best with staff and combined with a double red

I think Purple single looks pretty cool, myself. ;)

Lynk Former
11-22-2003, 03:45 AM
DUDE! NEVER bad mouth the Pimp Saber!!

Joetheeskimo
11-23-2003, 06:15 PM
Green. Blue is nice, but it's a little boring in my opinion.

guybroom
03-05-2004, 06:52 PM

PURPLE IS GREAT!

MACE WINDU IS GREAT!

MACE WINDU'S PURPLE LIGHTSABER IS GREAT!

MACE WINDU IS PLAYED BY SAMUEL L JACKSON WHO IS GREAT!

SAMUEL L JACKSON ASKED ESPECIALY (sp?) FOR A PURPLE LIGHTSABER WHICH LOOKS GREAT!

MY OBSESSION WITH SAYING 'GREAT' IS GREAT!

SO EVERY THING IS GREAT!!!

Calm down!! I must calm down

Anywho:

My lightsaber would be a very custom made:

1)It would be double ended

2)One end is Blue the other turquois

3)Each end would curve slightly so they made a kind of '( ' shape

4)It could hand around my neck when I'm not using it like a necklass. It could then be pulled off the chain when I need it.

5)The turquois end could have a setting so that instead of being a lightsaber blade it could be a blaster while the blue is still a blade

Is any of that possible? I am mainly talking about 3, 4 and 5

P.S. Purple lightsabers are great!

dark jedi 8
03-05-2004, 10:51 PM
i bet mace's saber said Bad Mother F***** on it. anyway RED for me!

DarksideDjembe
03-11-2004, 02:36 PM
i dont think it can curve guy broom

jon_hill987
03-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit
i would want a black saber----- it would be the best stealth saber. just imagine the beginning of episode one on the trade federation droid ship- after the poison gas you could see the lightsaber illuminating the room because the droids saw it they started attacking. if the saber was black, qui gon and obi wan could kill the droids even faster. in the dark, you could prey on your victims unfound. best stealth saber

yeah, good plan but I don't think it works like that. you see when things get hot they glow and emit light so your black saber would not be very good (unless it was UV i suppose)

anyway green is the best and all you who said red, well I needent tell you how disapointed I am that you turned to the dark side.

Codja X
03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
I'd like a nice Brown saber with Beige sparkly bits going through it, possible with a nice 9 carat gold plated hilt.

Some people are just born with good taste:)

Autobot Traitor
03-19-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Codja X
I'd like a nice Brown saber with Beige sparkly bits going through it, possible with a nice 9 carat gold plated hilt.

Some people are just born with good taste:)

Are you trying to make a weapon of mass destruction that sybolises your comitment to the jedi order or are you making a fasion statement lol

Persoannly, I like the classic green, blue is nice but seems very plain these days because of all the new colors.

Wanderer
03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Well it's green!!! Although I like a cool purple lightsaber like mace windu's as well.
Strange.....my favorite color is blue.......:cool:

Codja X
03-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Seriously though - Blue. It's the classic colour and represents the emotion of it's owner - cool, calm and collected. Red would represent anger and hate, i'm not sure what green would represent (a jealous, nauseous Jedi?) and yellow is for chickens.
None of you are Samuel L Jackson, so you can't have purple (apparently that purple was a special gift and request from GL to Sam Jackson and is a one off)

I don't know why, but I always think of blue lightsabers as being sharper:)

narfblat
03-27-2004, 04:52 AM
I like red sabers. They seem to cut more people, for some reason.:D

El Sitherino
04-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Pink-urple and Teal

Sabretooth
04-06-2004, 09:35 AM
What I like, why I like-

Red-Yes, I like red sabers since I support the dark side. But the red saber has been in every single Star Wars movie and it gets really boring in JKA as well.

Blue-Ah, blue. I like blue, but again, blue is very, very common so I guess i don't like it too much

Green-Yes, good for a saber, but green is just not my colour...

Orange-Never seen in a SW movie, Orange is one of my favourites, but not in outdoor missions/duels. Orange looks cool inside.

Purple-Too girlish. I'm beggining to wonder wether Mace Windu was a gay...

Yellow-Another rare colour, it's ok, but yellow sabers are so bright, ususally you can't see that they're yellow. They make me vomit for some reason.

*pukes* :barf:

Overall, I like Blue, Red and Orange.

1)Orange
2)Blue
3)Red

Samuel Dravis
04-08-2004, 04:54 PM
I only use dual sabers, and those are purple(righthand) and blue. They look very nice, especially when I win 10/0.

Batdroid
04-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I have to go with blue
but red is a close 2nd.

Curt-Man
04-26-2004, 12:56 AM
i'd definatly have to say if i could have any color of lightsaber it would be pink, no purpley pink, no for real i would have silver

Deeo
04-26-2004, 05:21 AM
Bah.

I would like a multi-colour saber. All the colours of the rainbow!!

Now that'd be amazing. But I'm guessing it isn't possible so i'd go with a silver saber.

Samuel Dravis
04-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Actually, there is a mod for JA that lets you have multicolored or RGB sabers. It's pretty nice.

guybroom
04-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Can you actually have a silver blade?

Also, I sked about my saber that I wan't sure about. Only DarksideDjembe has said anything!

Please can you put me out of my misery.

Johch Ai'oki
05-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by swgbking
Blue it's the classic saber color

Sky-blue was the original saber color. (actually more of a Cyan but close enough on the forums) Look at Episode 4 again when Obi-Wan describes lightsabre to Luke as he gets the feel for Anakin's old lightsaber!

I don't really have a true favorite. Blue is good, Green is good... Purple is alright, at least Mace's... Looks more Magneta than purple.

It's tough from the best-looking color. Either blue or purple IMHO.

But I won't go for favorite, I'll go for a symbolic comparison. My personality suggests likely a purple lightsaber blade color for me. If really purple then I'd like it to be of a neon-purple or blue-ish purple, something of that kind of purple, which was my favorite color as a child. :)

Lightsabre Symbolism (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/one.minute.silence/jedi/colour.html)

I got that URL from this website (http://jedisabre.sytes.net/).

One more thing, IMHO I really hate the stereotyping of colors. Don't mistake this as me being "gay" or something, I love to have a girlfriend. :p But it really bothers me now, as it leads to more insults in the end and I don't want that. *eyes at Sabretooth*

Oh, and other than Kyran Halcyon's (sp?)/Corran Horn's dual-phased lightsaber, I dunno how you can get a silvery-white blade. I'm guessing "Silvery-white" came from the primitive effects of Episode 4 when Luke's blade was supposed to be cyan, yet turned out to be white at one time. Kinda like the duel between Obi-Wan and Vader when Obi-Wan's lightsaber turned into a stunt stick at one scene. :p

sith_master2000
05-19-2004, 03:19 AM
I gotta go with green because it's just so good looking! Red's for evil so that is my second favourite.

JediLandon
08-24-2006, 08:23 PM
blue and silver all the way :duel:

please do not continue to post in very old threads ~ Moel

:lock: