PDA

View Full Version : Maybe question for Wedge-Multiplayer elevator problem

ddragon64
10-13-2003, 06:05 PM
I've tried this a couple of times and it just doesn't seem to work right. I'm looking to do exactly what Wedge's tut is (http://map-review.ravencommunity.net/index.php?page=tutorial_view&id=4).

The only problem I seem to be having is when the elevator comes up to me and I got on, it never goes down as long as I'm on it. The only think I can think of is something changed in JA and func_plat don't work the same as JO anymore, but I doubt that.

Anyone have any ideas? :cool:

Dragon

wedge2211
10-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Huh. That's what the JO func_plats did, and my tutorial aimed to fix. In JO, when a plat was TRIGGERED by something other than the player, it would go down again after its delay time value. I haven't played with the JA ents (I don't have JA yet...goddam money...), maybe you're right and something changed. Other than that, I guess just check to see that all the delay/wait values are set properly and all the triggers are pointing to the right things...

ddragon64
10-15-2003, 05:48 PM
I've checked everything over and over and everything looks right.

If and when you get JA and you get a chance to check this out, let me know either way if it works out or not. I'm working on a map that elevators like these are a big part of the map. I'd hate to give up on this map because of some stupid elevator issue. And there isn't enough room to make 2 elevators for each spot.

Anywho, I'm going to keep at it and see if I can getting working. :cool:

Dragon