PDA

View Full Version : Yoda In Multiplayer?

JK3:Yoda
10-14-2003, 06:40 AM
:amidala:

Hello fellow warriors, I was wanting to be Yoda in Jedi Knight Academy Multiplayer mode. I have seen someone playing as small little Yoda with dual sabers already but I didn't get around to asking him where he got his skin/mod? from so here I am seeing whats up!

Kurgan
10-14-2003, 07:54 AM
If you saw him use it in the game you were in then you must have auto downloaded his mod already. Check your base folder.

There already exist several yoda models (both small and large.. the small ones requiring you run a mod that allows different heights for players), made for JK2 that may work in JA already.

10-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Thank you for the quick reply Kurgan, unfortunately I have reinstalled my game since visiting the server hosting the Yoda Model. Would you link me to a download for the smaller sized Yoda?

P.S. I downloaded (Yoda_Kinja.zip 2mb) The Yoda Model from JK2 but the model is too large to use.

idontlikegeorge
10-14-2003, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't there be some balancing issues with playing as a small character? Wouldn't that make you harder to hit? Or does it retain the same damage hitbox?

Personally, I like the giant-head Yoda better myself. :p

Chewy289
10-14-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by JK3:Yoda
Thank you for the quick reply Kurgan, unfortunately I have reinstalled my game since visiting the server hosting the Yoda Model. Would you link me to a download for the smaller sized Yoda?

P.S. I downloaded (Yoda_Kinja.zip 2mb) The Yoda Model from JK2 but the model is too large to use.

If you just reinstalled, and didn't remove the Jedi Academy folder manually, it should still be there...

Aryyn
10-14-2003, 10:38 AM
It probably was the yoda-kinja it depends on the server for yodas scale not the model.

10-14-2003, 10:39 AM
When I said I reinstalled the game, I removed it completely making sure nothing was left behind.

10-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Yoda-kinja hey?, I will be hosting a LAN Party and will be heading up the dedicated Jedi Academy Server so I will have complete control over the server. If this Yoda I saw appearing small has to do with the server's configuration then please do inform me specifically on the settings to configure to produce the same Yoda I saw that was small.

Aryyn
10-14-2003, 11:23 AM
I would bet money that it was the yoda kinja model just scaled down on the server, ive been around a long time ive never seen a little yoda model just the kinja scaled down because it is the best yoda model availible. As for how get him to scale ive seen pages that explain how to do it back in the day on jk2 when the jedimod 1.2 came out, go to jediknightii.net im sure they will have something on it or just search the web there has to be some pages on it.

Aryyn
10-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Or start a new thread about how to get him to scale.

10-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Taking a step back here Kurgan, I forgot to mention a point- I joined the JA Server and noticed Yoda with dual sabers and even fought against him in a duel but I couldn't choose to be him, why do you suppose that was.. a server hosting Yoda but not showing up on your profile list of charaters to choose from?

Andy867
10-14-2003, 12:57 PM
JK3:Yoda, please stop excessive posting. If you want to say something, just edit your most recent post. Excessive posting is one of many reasons on why the Forum is so cluttered. Here's your friendly warning, and welcome to the Forums.

Starfire13
10-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Andy, perhaps you got confused because there are two people using the same yoda avatar? ;)

Cryptoguy
10-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Jedimod wont work in JA ..Tried it..Isnt there a way you can add a script to the JA game so Yoda and possibly jawas are allways the right scale without having to load a mod ..?

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 12:17 PM
I managed to scale down an npc yoda but the saber blade is to long ..how can I shorten it in the npc file so its just yodas blade that is smaller ?

Starfire13
10-15-2003, 01:05 PM
I think you can declare a new saber type, and specify the length.

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Can anyone give me an example of the line of code I would need to put in there ?

:atat: ----- :eek:

t3rr0r
10-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by JK3:Yoda
I have seen someone playing as small little Yoda with dual sabers already but I didn't get around to asking him where he got his skin/mod?
you sure you weren't playing jedi outcast?

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 07:02 PM
After a bit of work I have got a small Yoda npc working with a wee saber too :D Only problem is I cant get get it to spawn as a Playermodel ..?

I may release it as a beta .. would you guys be interested ?

Sgt. Antronch
10-15-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Cryptoguy
After a bit of work I have got a small Yoda npc working with a wee saber too :D Only problem is I cant get get it to spawn as a Playermodel ..?

I may release it as a beta .. would you guys be interested ?
you need to ask that?
YES!

Kurgan
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
The fact that Yoda was not selectable as a character means nothing.

Putting new skins in the profile menu is something the mod author has to do purposely. It could have been a JK2 mod that just wasn't completely compatible with JA, but it was so small you didn't notice it being downloaded as you joined (or perhaps it was part of another mod that you already auto-downloaded).

Now it is possible, though fairly slim, that there is a hidden Yoda skin in JA that nobody has found yet, but I kind of doubt it, what with all the poking around people have done.

People have found a "yoda saber" but there's no model for it, so I'm told.

My guess is it was just a skin you got from the server. If you see it again, take some screenshots and ask the guy how he did it.

The model scaling thing was featured in some mods for JK2, and Raven (again IIRC it was Mike G) said it was considered too "unbalanced" so it wasn't included as a feature, though they had considered it (this debate goes back to the development of Q3 btw... originally the ID team wanted to make the models different sizes and healths/speeds, but decided against it... that it would make balacing too unnecessarily difficult).

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 09:07 PM
I thought Raven wouldv'e got the hint with the jedimod etc ...
Yoda is one of (if not the) most popular characters in Star wars..I'm sure the demand on this forum wouldv'e nudged them in the right direction ?

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 09:42 PM
My yoda_NPC mod is up on www.pcgamemods.com It should also be available on Lucasfiles as soon as they post it or not as the case may be ...:D
Hope y'all like it :jawa

Kurgan
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Raven didn't copy JediMod in any way shape or form, many people assume that but it's simply not true. They didn't need any "hints" from them.

And who's to say they found JediMod balanced anyway?

Cryptoguy
10-15-2003, 10:50 PM
I wasn't saying they copied it ! I was pointing out the demand for a Yoda model in the game due to his popularity and that they shouldv'y included him in the new game :confused:

Andy867
10-15-2003, 11:57 PM
But Raven's policy is about fair balance in the game, and by having a character 1/3 the size of the rest of the models, they felt there would have been a balance issue, which they felt that would have caused a backlash, because you would have the typical whiners doing what they do best, whine, about how the Yoda/Jawa models are unbalanced and have a definite advantage. Plus Raven acknowledged that a modder will put a scaling mod in that will allow Yoda into the game, so by doing so, they relieve themselves of any pressure from LucasArts.

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
But Raven's policy is about fair balance in the game, and by having a character 1/3 the size of the rest of the models, they felt there would have been a balance issue, which they felt that would have caused a backlash, because you would have the typical whiners doing what they do best, whine, about how the Yoda/Jawa models are unbalanced and have a definite advantage. Plus Raven acknowledged that a modder will put a scaling mod in that will allow Yoda into the game, so by doing so, they relieve themselves of any pressure from LucasArts.
Fair point ..I will babble on no longer :D

Sgt. Antronch
10-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Hey, i dowloaded the model, but i hve a giant yoda, why is that? i just extracted the pk3 to gamedata/base

peloquin
10-16-2003, 01:18 AM
The file is still in beta mode :) I've looked at it and have PM'd the changes that need to be made. This should be fixed in a day or two.

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Sgt. Antronch
Hey, i dowloaded the model, but i hve a giant yoda, why is that? i just extracted the pk3 to gamedata/base

Look at the readme that comes with it.

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Buffy
I did it down load and play with your little small yoda ;)
but yoda holding light saber funny ; (
saber come from between yoda's legs....:o
looks nice so I hope fix for us and please make player model and Bot too ... thanks

Funny worked fine on my pc :(

I'm gonna update it soon with a few extra's hopefully the saber as a wang thing will be ok by then .But I've not had any bad feedback on the pcgamemods site maybe its just you having that effect on yoda buffy ?
Has anyone else had this trouble ?

Andy867
10-16-2003, 04:44 AM
is there possibly anything extra that you have for a file, any kind of scaling config file that may be needed?

peloquin
10-16-2003, 04:56 AM
This is just from looking over how he's done the .npc file, there are some errors that have to be fixed.

here is the file as it reads now.

yoda
{
playermodel yoda
saber yoda
weapon WP_SABER
saberStyle 1
saberStyle 3
saberStyle 2
FP_HEAL 3
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_TELEPATHY 3
FP_GRIP 0
FP_LIGHTNING 0
FP_SABERTHROW 3
FP_RAGE 0
FP_PROTECT 3
FP_ABSORB 3
FP_DRAIN 0
FP_SEE 3
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3
forcePowerMax 200
rank captain
reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 5
intelligence 3
forcePowerMax 100
forceRegenRate 50
reactions 1
aim 1
move 1
aggression 1
evasion 1
intelligence 1
hfov 120
vfov 120
scale 55
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
// race human
class CLASS_yoda

snd yoda
sndcombat yoda
sndjedi yoda
yawSpeed 60
walkSpeed 45
runSpeed 250
health 150
dismemberProbHead 0
dismemberProbArms 0
dismemberProbLegs 0
dismemberProbHands 0
dismemberProbWaist 0

}

As you can see there are some double ups of lines which might be messing with the systems head as it were. Things like Class_yoda which as far as I know there is no yoda class in the game. Cryptoguy has done well, just a few things we can fix up and get it working a little better. :)

Sgt. Antronch
10-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Cryptoguy
Look at the readme that comes with it.

Let me clarify, i used the model in multiplayer for me, and i was giant for yoda, haven't tried spawning him yet as i can't play SP and somone moved my help request to a dead forum

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Well it worked fine for me that lil guy kicks my butt :D

I havn't been flamed on pcgamemods yet and after 50 + downloads I would expect a few bad comments if it wsn't working ok.
Rest asured I'm on the case

Let me clarify, i used the model in multiplayer for me, and i was giant for yoda, haven't tried spawning him yet as i can't play SP and somone moved my help request to a dead forum

Sgt it wasn't intended as a model to play with more as a way to fight the little guy.

also my console keeps saying "unknown cmd playermodel" when i type it in .

Is there something I need to switch on ? :jawa

ps

spawn him in mp

peloquin
10-16-2003, 05:40 AM
Like I said bud if you look at your .npc file. There is no player class called yoda in the game cause he's not in the game. Also you've given him 2 sets of info

reactions 3
aim 3
move 3
aggression 3
evasion 5
intelligence 3

and

reactions 1
aim 1
move 1
aggression 1
evasion 1
intelligence 1

I'm sure the game is having probs with it. I'm at work at the moment and the files on my home pc but you'll have my copy tomorrow in your e-mail which you can use a a guide to fix up yours or just use the one I send.

Kurgan
10-16-2003, 06:29 AM
They probably could have made a special class for "short" characters for the sake of balance, but perhaps they didn't see Yoda fitting into any of the three Siege maps we ended up with...?

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Buffy I'm not sure why it has not worked for you ?

Maybe you have another mod installed that is messing up my mod a hilt pack or something?
The only time I've seen the saber appering there is when a .sab has been altered incorrectly or the blade X Y thingy is wrong ?

Try removing any other Yoda models that might be causing the problem!!

To be honest its working fine for me so I dont know how to fix it ?

10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
My yoda_NPC mod is up on www.pcgamemods.com It should also be available on Lucasfiles as soon as they post it or not as the case may be ...
Very nice Cryptoguy, excellent Yoda, now we just need to be able to play as him!

Cryptoguy
10-16-2003, 09:33 PM
You can play as him in SP !

I think the problem your having buffy is your loading the game from a save file ...let me know if thats the problem ;)

peloquin
10-17-2003, 12:28 AM
Hey Cryptoguy I've sent my version of the yoda mod to your e-mail. Hope it helps ya out.

Things I have different from the one released now are:

npc file now has 2 yoda's 1. yoda 2. sith_yoda
npc spawn yoda (player team) *green saber scaled down
npc spawn sith_yoda (enemy team) *red saber scaled down

Yoda's run speed increased to be more like the movie fight sceen in where Yoda is clearly pretty fast when he fights.

Made it so Yoda uses duel stance with a single saber as it looks more fluid and circular. Looks more like he fought in the movies.

Forcepowermax boosted as well as forcepoints cause well...it's Yoda :)

yawspeed command line added in there to simulate faster movement/skills of the jedi master.

I also have 'cleaned' the mod up a bit, kept it to a specific yoda scale mod only so I haven't added in hilts as there is already a mod for hilts out there and I haven't altered anyother characters npc files or saber files so as not to conflict with other changes people have made.

Anyway I've passed this on to Cryptoguy to look over and make any changes to his beta version mod which he'll be updating soonish. If anyone wants this file now though just PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it.

Cheers all.

Sgt. Antronch
10-17-2003, 02:44 AM
no I playing only MP with your small yoda
and I did it delete all hilt and saber mod from base but still same looks funny:(
I dont know why only me can not spawn right... ?:(

Mr'peloquin

can I try your yoda model too ? :rolleyes:

How do you play MP with a SMALL yoda? i get one the size of kyle :eek: :confused: :(

peloquin
10-17-2003, 03:36 AM
Buffy
"Mr'peloquin

can I try your yoda model too ?"

sure, it's been sent to your e-mail. Have fun.

peloquin
10-17-2003, 05:52 AM
already sent an e-mail to Buffy on how to use yoda as a playermodel but I don't really play multiplayer so I haven't looked into making yoda small for that....Cryptoguy you might be able to help out here, is it just a jawa swap or something? If you know can you pass it on to Buffy, cheers man.

Sgt. Antronch
10-17-2003, 06:11 AM
thank you ;)

"How do you play MP with a SMALL yoda? i get one the size of kyle"
Mr'Cryptoguy made it..
you can down load from here
http://www.pcgamemods.com/2558/

I did, and the yoda is in profile, but when i go into the game he IS the size of kyle, and i don't know what to do

EDIT he is normal when i spawn him in mp, as well as when i use the playermodel command in SP (for some reason it just started working, but i'm missing some textures) BUT in MP he is the size of kyle

Cryptoguy
10-17-2003, 12:08 PM
I have added another Beta to www.pcgamemods.com not with pels changes yet tho (I forgot to check on here first). But there are multiple Yoda's in it. I will check the file out and see the difference tho pel then use it in the next release :D
Anyway download it and tell me what you think.

I tried it in MP and SP worked in both for me let me know if you have any bugs.

PS
Buffy did you fix that problem in SP ?

Cryptoguy
10-17-2003, 03:05 PM
I didnt get the attachment ..could you send it again Pel or anyone that has it send it to sith_jay@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you

Cryptoguy
10-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Try removing other NPC pk3 files. I had a problem with "NPC Pack Version 2" so I took it out when I put it back in it was working fine ???

I tested this beta to death so it should work ?

Unless I get the errors I dont know how to fix it !

Cryptoguy
10-17-2003, 05:03 PM
Sgt you won't be able to use a small Yoda as a playermodel in MP untill the jedimod or something like it is out for JA ..The model Included is a large Yoda if you select him from the menu he will be big.

Sgt. Antronch
10-17-2003, 09:04 PM
if you put "yoda_npc.pk3" and you have cheat mode on then
/npc spawn yoda

:amidala:

Mr'peloquin

I mail to you too but ... is player model yoda is only for single palyer ?
MP didnt work so..
:confused:

No no, when i spawn him and playermodel in sp and spawn in mp he is fine but when i play AS him in the profile menu of mp my yoda is the size of kyle

recon
10-17-2003, 10:50 PM
I played as that little Yoda in singleplayer... but it was weird and my saber did very little damage and the enemies couldnt see me at all :p

Im gonna go try the Beta 2 Edition, maybe its fixed :D

10-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Let's keep it simple and just do an uninstall/ and clean install before testing the mod/s out so there is absolutely no chance for a confliction to occur, thank you.

peloquin
10-19-2003, 11:34 PM
I think the one thing that's going to present some problems with mixing mods is the sabers.sab file. There will be alot of mods out there that will have an edited sabers.sab file in it and everytime you add a new mod with a saber.sab it will overwrite the old one. Well not overwrite exactly but the game will use the last saber.sab you put into it. So if you use a yoda.mod that has his saber scaled down via the saber.sab then you put a hilt mod into your base folder that also has a saber.sab yoda's saber will no longer be scaled down as the game will use the latest saber.sab you've entered.

Best thing to do (I think) is just to have your own seperate sabers.sab that you always 'update' whenever you grab new mods with a saber.sab in it. That way mods wont conflict with other mods as much.

peloquin
10-20-2003, 04:09 AM
sent to your E-mail Buffy. Let me know if this fixes the prob for ya.

Cryptoguy
10-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Beta 2b is up on www.pcgamemods.com. If you download this one Buffy it should work fine now I hope .lol

Pel I had the same thoght that the .sab files (not saber.sab)were conflicting with other hilt mods so I corrected them try it out.

Let me know ;)

Cryptoguy
10-20-2003, 01:45 PM
It should work fine with all mods now ?