PDA

View Full Version : Want a Hilt Tutorial for MS3D?

alaris
10-22-2003, 04:53 PM
I saw Psynex's tutorial on getting a hilt in JA using Gmax. Is anyone interested in me making a Milkshape tutorial? When I made several hilts for JO, I had many peeps ask me to make a tutorial that not only included how to get it in game but aslo how to make it.

So basically this tutorial would go through the steps of making a saber hilt from scratch--anyone interested?:saberb: :saberg: :saberr:

eidospsogos
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
i would be very interested in a turtorial dealing with that.....though i have had limited experience with gmax and milkshape, but if you were to create a tutorial i would probably use them more often.....wouldn't know if you could use those programs to edit existing player models would you?

Wudan
10-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Currently milkshape can edit player models, but not really export them for ingame use - 3dsm would have to do it (or XSI, methinx)

Anyway, I thought Emon wrote a hilt tut for MilkShape ...

alaris
10-22-2003, 09:31 PM
That's cool---anyone have a link to it? I'd like to take a look at it.

alaris
10-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Perhaps a name of the person who made the milkshape hilt tutorial?

eidospsogos
10-28-2003, 02:54 PM
and in all actuality, i have been looking around and have had better luck finding plugins for milkshape to export models than i have for 3dsmax.....i cannot find a md3 import/export tool for 3dsmax.....nor a glm import/export tool for 3dsmax....while milkshape has a glm importer, and a md3 importer/exporter.....so with the help of md3 view i have had much more luck with milkshape than with 3dsmax.....if someone knows where to get plugins of this nature for 3dsmax, please let me know.....because i like the program better, just find my options with it rather limited at the time

alaris
10-28-2003, 05:09 PM
finding plugins for 3ds max can be a bear.:chew1