PDA

View Full Version : Getting body parts into game?

Rekked
10-24-2003, 08:26 PM
New to the JA forums, has anything been said about getting body parts into game for "custom" models?

I'm considering modelling my own head, and fitting it into a Jedi robes model, that'll be cool and easier than getting the whole body.

So, any word on that?

Chairwalker
10-24-2003, 09:00 PM
Replacing body parts can only be done by importing the entire mesh, and re-weighing all the pieces.
Wich would be ALOT of work, and would border the insane if you wanted to include the lods.

Rekked
10-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks!

Very cool on your side not to blame me for asking this when it had already been discussed.

Anyway, I ended up reading most of the threads, and it is such a hard work... why would they do that anyway? aren't Raven guys supposed to be "mod friendly"??

Hope they fix it (quite "not going to happen", cause it would be a mayor change in the way the game handles models)... or at least release some kind of tool...

razorace
10-27-2003, 05:32 AM
Adding additional skins to existing model classes shouldn't be too hard (like changing facial features). Adding additional model surfaces (like a new arm or something) to an existing model class would be hard.