PDA

View Full Version : custom model errors in SP maps

wannadie
10-27-2003, 01:02 AM
I was wondering why some custom models have the saber blade sticking up through the spine of the model when spawned in SP maps (not saved games).

I loaded a box I made in SP to view custom models I downloaded, I spawned a couple of npc's (with the custom models) and I get that above saber problem. How can we use custom models for SP maps if when the models spawn, they have a saber up their spine?

However if I convert the model to replace kyle in SP it works fine, saber in hand.
WTF is up with that?:confused:

#2 - The Bothan Model (JK2 version)

When I load up the bothan in SP, it spawns normally, follows me round etc, saber attach's to the hand, but if anything fights it or damages it (e.g: Reborn saber, My saber), The game crashes to the main menu & I get this weird error message:

Error:
Ran out of transform space for Ghoul2 Models. Adjust MiniHeapSize in SV_SpawnServer.

[OK]

It happens just as the blade is about to hit the bothan model.
:confused:

If anyone knows how to fix the "Saber up the spine" problem please tell me. btw, I'm not loading saved games.

And how do ya fix the bothan?

shukrallah
10-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Yeah, i know what your saying. Youll need to find another way to put NPCs in SP. I do it so that doesnt happen... but i dont have my files right now, so i cant show you, sorry.

wannadie
10-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Yeah, i know what your saying. Youll need to find another way to put NPCs in SP. I do it so that doesnt happen... but i dont have my files right now, so i cant show you, sorry.

So what do you do man, I just have a big .pk3 full of jedi models & a long .npc file in the ext_data folder of that .pk3.

You think its a problem with the NPC data in the .npc file or what? Theres about 60 models in there, with NPC data for light-side jedi & dark jedi in 2 different .npc files.

Another question, is there a limit to how many new NPC's you can add?

Can someone post how to solve any of these problems?