PDA

View Full Version : saber hilts

Aryyn
10-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Now when i ad a new hilt the hilt looks fine but the blade is coming out the side of the hilt does anybody know what is causing this?

Pedro The Hutt
10-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Tried throwing your saber? In JO that used to fix all blade coming out of the wrong place with a new hilt™ problems.

Aryyn
10-28-2003, 07:58 PM
I looked at it in the player saber menu and the blade was coming out the side so i figured thats how it would look. I havent tried it in the game.

Aryyn
10-28-2003, 08:28 PM
Nope the saber blade is down by the playermodels knee does anybody know how to make the blade line up with the hilt?

cjd118118
10-28-2003, 08:35 PM
with a new hilt™ problems.

just a quick question, why the hilt (tm) thing? its not trade marked is it?

Pedro The Hutt
10-29-2003, 09:27 PM
nah, just a joke ^.^

Karate_Master
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
What program do you people use to make the light sabres hilts? i would like to try and make a few. I am very much a rookie when it comes to modeling stuff. thx very much.

KaR
10-31-2003, 09:23 AM
when im making hilts (which i am right now)
i use milkshape

u can download it online by seraching "Milkshape" on google

operagh0st
10-31-2003, 09:58 AM
The blade emits wrong because the "tag_flash" or "tag_blade1" is aligned wrong.

Don't worry, it's probably not your fault.

See, MD3View (the program you would use to convert the *.MD3 into a *.GLM) has a bug in it that causes it to reverse the X and Y axis on tags.

You must compensate for this by turning your tags around in Milkshape.

Here is an example:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/operagh0st/vwp?.dir=/JK3&.dnm=Saber+Hilt+Imported+to+MS3D.jpg&.view=t

...That is Desann's hilt as it is when imported into Milkshape from the original SABER_W.GLM

Notice the alignment of the tag. Were you to convert this back into a *.GLM using MD3View, your axis would be reversed, and your blade would emit in the wrong direction.

Now here is the way it should be:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/operagh0st/vwp?.dir=/JK3&.dnm=Correct+Tag+Alignment.jpg&.view=t

With the tag in this alignment, your blade will emit in the proper direction.

Good luck.