PDA

View Full Version : WIP: TIE Interceptor Vehicle

71M
11-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm TiM. :)

This is my first post on this forum, (after doing a bit of lurking ;) ) so if I do anything wrong
plz tell me. :)

Anyway, I've been working on a small modification to the TIE model hoping to create a model of the TIE Interceptor.

This is still a WIP (You may notice that the normals on the right wing are inverted.) and I was just wondering if there are any more things I need to add to make it look more canon. So far, the references I've been using haven't been very detailed.

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_int1.txt

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_int2.txt

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_int3.txt

C&C welcome too.

Thanks!

-TiM

71M
11-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Ah okay. lol Looks cool d00d. :)

That looks like it's for JK2 tho. I'm intending to make this a vehicle for JKA. :)

Are you planning on making a conversion?

The next vehicle I'm planning to make is Vader's TIE X1 Advanced. Uh, has anyone already made that? ;)

-TiM

t3rr0r
11-02-2003, 03:10 PM
looks great so far! and no, i don't think anyone has started an advanced tie fighter. you consider making some of the other ties (tie defender, tie droid,, etc), too? :D

RaSiN_HeCk
11-02-2003, 07:11 PM
don't think any one has.

you gonna makea TIE Advanced too even? Defender? Avenger?!?

oh the possibilities

71M
11-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Great, thanks for the input!

Heheh, yeah, I could make a whole TIE squadron expansion set. :D

It's definately worth a shot. Thanks d00d. :)

I'll just get this one finished first...

-TiM

riovu
11-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Good Model man i really like ties but will it be faster than that tie fighter?

71M
11-04-2003, 12:01 AM
Hmm, considering the books I read state that the new wing design of the interceptor "gives unprecidented speed and manouverability", I guess, yes, I will make it faster than the normal TIE.

I've also gotta figure out how to get it to shoot it's lasers out of the tips on the wings as well....

-TiM

Usurpo
11-16-2003, 10:26 PM
I assume the thread has gone :manny:, no one is replying...oh well, a Tie INterceptor would be real cool...

71M
11-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Thanks d00d :)

Anyway, it is dead because I prob haven't updated it.

I think I've finished the model, I just have to work out how the heck to convert it into a vehicle now. :)

-TiM

Usurpo
11-17-2003, 01:10 AM
Yay, it lives! Well, if you want to put it to a vehicle format, I reccomend you look around these fourms for some experienced vehicleres...LoL, spelled that wrong. An example would be moonstide, or NeoMars[then some numbers, forgot what they re...] or maby even marquese...they should be able to help you along. Once your done with the interceptor, would you consider moving onto a :tied: [Tie Defenter]?

Oh, just as a side note, I am willing to help you beta. ;)

71M
11-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Hehe, I would ask someone else to do it for me, but that would take out the fun of learning to do it myself. :)

After this one, I'm planning on making the TIE Advance version (Ie Darth Vader's TIE) and after that, I'll take a look at the Defender class. :)

And I guess I can let you beta it, once it's actually in-game ;)

-TiM

RaSiN_HeCk
11-17-2003, 04:18 AM
there are Tuts ya know

71M
11-17-2003, 04:49 AM
yep, I know. ;)

But I've never actually used bones in 3DSMAX before so it'll be all new to me. :P

-TiM

seks03
11-18-2003, 10:35 PM
hey 71M, sorry this is a bit off subject but the starfighter in your signture.... is it a in game model or a render? are you going to make it for your next project?

ZH@o YuN
11-19-2003, 07:48 PM
If you wanna make Darth Vader's Tie, it's already in the assets pk3s as a map object, split into two parts.

Look in assets1.pk3, models/map_objects/ships/ and you will find tie_fighter_vader_sans_wing.md3 and tie_fighter_vader_wing.md3.

One is the tie with a wing missing and the other is the wing :)

What I wanna know is... why is it there? :confused:

71M
11-20-2003, 11:34 AM
Heya seks. Please, if u want, just call me Tim. Much easier. :)

Anyway, that pic of the starfighter in my sig is a high-resolution mesh I rendered in LightWave 3D.

It's not actually mine, I downloaded it off a site called SciFi 3D (Hence the link at the bottom) and it's too high in polygons to be used for JKA.

Maybe if I get some time and manage to improve my modeling skills, I might try and make a version of it for JKA. :)

Thanks ZH@o, I already knew they were there and I was trying to find the rest of the ship to try and make my job easier. No such luck. ;)

I think they are there because they are also the wings used by the TIE Bombers in-game, and perhaps they are required for their functioning in JKA.

Thanks anyway. :)

-TiM

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 71M
Hehe, I would ask someone else to do it for me, but that would take out the fun of learning to do it myself. :)

After this one, I'm planning on making the TIE Advance version (Ie Darth Vader's TIE) and after that, I'll take a look at the Defender class. :)

And I guess I can let you beta it, once it's actually in-game ;)

-TiM

How is this going? If you need any help, or if you fnish it or want it tested, e-mail me at mgummelt@ravensoft.com

I'd really like to see this get done as it would be a nice balance to the A-Wing if someone were to make a space combat map... :)

Usurpo
11-25-2003, 08:32 PM
:drop2: Holy assorted words! THE ChanKahn just posted here! Ok, that settles it. 71M, you gota get this done! LoL. Seriously, this guy helped make Jedi Academy. I don't think there is anyone else better to go to for advice then him.

71M
11-28-2003, 06:11 AM
:eek:

Whoa, what are the odds of this happening while I was on vacation? Lol sorry for the late reply.

Thanks a lot Khan! I'd really appreciate any help in this matter. Making a vehicle is harder than I thought...

-TiM

71M
12-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Here's an update on the mesh.
I readjusted the levels on the wing texture since I thought the tone didn't match the TIE's cockpit.

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_int_new.txt

Thanks a lot to Khan for helping me rig this thing right with regards to tags, surface names, etc. :D

The only thing now is to convert it into a vehicle ready glm, something which I can't do as I don't currently have the right version of 3ds max. I might be able to get ahold of it sometime in the near future (IF I get into uni. ;)), but for now, I can't make a vehicle model myself. Some people have suggested converting an md3 to glm in MD3View (In fact that's what I did to get that screenshot), but I don' t think that's possible due to something with the bones when you do that.

So, uh I was wondering, if it's possible, can someone with Max 4 or 5 please please, convert this model into a vehicle-specific glm?

Anyone who responds, I'll send the model and any related files through.

-TiM

71M
12-03-2003, 12:02 PM
*BUMP*

Anyone? Pleeeeeeease??

-TiM

ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 12:43 PM
I made the Raven's Claw into a pilotable ship in MilkShape, with all the bones and animations... but I can't get it into a .GLM either...

I export it as an .MD3 and try to convert it into a GLM, but it says it can only convert stuff with 1 frame of animation ><

ZH@o YuN
12-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
I'd really like to see this get done as it would be a nice balance to the A-Wing if someone were to make a space combat map... :)

After I found out about the missing Star Destroyer of JA (oi! :P), I decided to make one of my own and it's coming on nicely! I've tried it with a couple of friends and it makes an ideal space combat map.

I was thinking of making it into a Siege map, but I think that would be going a bit too far ;D

tFighterPilot
12-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 71M
Here's an update on the mesh.
I readjusted the levels on the wing texture since I thought the tone didn't match the TIE's cockpit.

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_int_new.txt

Thanks a lot to Khan for helping me rig this thing right with regards to tags, surface names, etc. :D

The only thing now is to convert it into a vehicle ready glm, something which I can't do as I don't currently have the right version of 3ds max. I might be able to get ahold of it sometime in the near future (IF I get into uni. ;)), but for now, I can't make a vehicle model myself. Some people have suggested converting an md3 to glm in MD3View (In fact that's what I did to get that screenshot), but I don' t think that's possible due to something with the bones when you do that.

So, uh I was wondering, if it's possible, can someone with Max 4 or 5 please please, convert this model into a vehicle-specific glm?

Anyone who responds, I'll send the model and any related files through.

-TiM I'll do it, I done several already, so I'm rather good at this.

I hope it doesn't have too many faces and verticals.

Send it to asaf_sch@walla.co.il

71M
12-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN
After I found out about the missing Star Destroyer of JA (oi! :P), I decided to make one of my own and it's coming on nicely! I've tried it with a couple of friends and it makes an ideal space combat map.

I was thinking of making it into a Siege map, but I think that would be going a bit too far ;D

Hehe cool d00d. :) Can't wait. :)

I'll do it, I done several already, so I'm rather good at this.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

I'll send it right away!

No, it should have a good amount of faces. It's pretty much a modified TIE fighter mesh, with the wings probably having the same amount of polys as the original mesh.

Thanks!!!!!

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-03-2003, 03:14 PM
I started workin on it (added the muzzle tags) :)

I'll continue after I'll get back from the swimming pool.

tFighterPilot
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
Seems like I get other problems with every vehicle I make.

This time, after I finally made it to look forward, it started shotting to the left. I remade all the tags, but no help.

I'll get it to work ok eventually, and that would be tomorrow, cuz it's getting late.

71M
12-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Sorry about that.

I had all of the tags in the right positions when using it with MilkShape, but I guess when I converted it back to Max, they all got rotated on some weird angle (That or Max handles tags differently :P)

Thanks again!

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-04-2003, 11:33 AM
I didn't see no tags, I made my own tags. :confused:

71M
12-04-2003, 01:27 PM
woah, really??

Hmm, I know they were there.

I'll e-mail you the glm I compiled with MD3View. It won't work in-game, but you can use ModView to see where the tag positions are meant to go. :)

Thanks!

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Seems like my email provider is down or something. :(

71M
12-04-2003, 03:21 PM
u didn't get the e-mail?

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-04-2003, 05:21 PM
I got it, I'll work on it later. ;)

SD_Radical_Ed
12-04-2003, 09:53 PM
awww... this means ill have to wait another day.. Dangit..... :(

SD_Radical_Ed
12-05-2003, 04:10 PM
hows it coming? think youll finish it today?

imyourfather or 7im, please chat with me on this.

type this address into your browser and hit enter. then click log in, and join room 1.

http://www.ctoons-r-us.com/chat/default.asp?x=25&y=7

im bored.

SD_Radical_Ed
12-05-2003, 09:20 PM
must.........have............tie.................i nterceptor...........

:monkbomb:

whens it gonna be finished????

71M
12-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Well I think I've finished everything I can do. I just finished making a specular texture for the wings, created damage md3s, made the radar icon, and made custom explosion effects.

All we have to wait for now is for imyourfather to finish converting the mesh to a GLM then it's all done. :)

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Same problem with the new file you sent me

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/061203-shot0012.jpg

71M
12-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Hmm, the tags are still misaligned.

What seems to be the problem? Why can't you just rotate the tags around the y-axis, on what appears to be about 45 degrees to the right?

-TiM

Usurpo
12-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Perhaps this is where you should talk to our friend at Raven who so kindly offered assistance...and here are my uneducated thoughts: Perhaps its not the tags being messed up, but the vehicle was rotated during compile or somthing?

tFighterPilot
12-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Nope. I started it from scretch a couple of times, it's something in the model he sent me.

71M
12-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Okay really odd.

I don't know what I could have done to make the tags rotate incorrectly on compile. :(

Hmm, if possible, can you e-mail me the GLM you have so far? I'd like to take a look at it myself in ModView.

-TiM

Manquesa
12-06-2003, 04:45 PM
It has to be the tags man. Load it up in Modview and it should and select one of the tag surfaces. It should look like this: http://www.manquesa.com/SP32-20031206-100321.jpg

If it doesn't, then you need to fis the tags.

http://www.manquesa.com/shot0054.jpg

71M
12-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Hmm, aside from the tag rotations, after looking at the fighter ingame, there are a few other things.

1. When it's stationary, the static model floats above the ground.

2. After looking at the bone structure, are you able to reposition them so as to make the cockpit module section the rotation origin?

3. After comparing the non animated GLM I made and your GLM, it appears you have scaled the mesh's size up a bit. Can you lower it back down so the cockpit module is roughly the same size as the TIE fighter's cockpit?

Thanks

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-07-2003, 12:43 PM
1. You can simply change it by changing the hight in the .veh file.

2. I didn't quite understand the question :confused:

3. I didn't scale it in 3D Studio Max, so it must have been when compling it to glm.

71M
12-07-2003, 03:00 PM
2. I didn't quite understand the question

Uh, never mind, I don't know how to explain clearly. :P

3. I didn't scale it in 3D Studio Max, so it must have been when compling it to glm.

Hmm, weird... Would it be possible to scale the model down in max, and then the resulting compilation would make it reach it's normal size?

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-07-2003, 03:04 PM
No need to, I can just not resize it when compiling;)

SD_Radical_Ed
12-08-2003, 02:28 PM
is it done yet?

SD_Radical_Ed
12-08-2003, 06:58 PM
when it is done, may i have permission to include it in my level that i am making? also, how/where are you going to release it, and when?

ZH@o YuN
12-08-2003, 07:29 PM
imyourfather, did you do this same thing for the Raven's Claw and Millenium Falcon on the AOTCTC site?

What Tim means is, when you rotate the camera in flight, it rotates around the front of the ship instead of the center.

Am I right?

tFighterPilot
12-08-2003, 07:50 PM
I didn't make those vehicles, that was Mars.

71M
12-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN

What Tim means is, when you rotate the camera in flight, it rotates around the front of the ship instead of the center.

Am I right?

Well, kinda :)

I meant whenever the ship turned when flying, it would rotate around the origin of the cocpit and no thte wings. The TIE Interceptor in Rogue Squadron did that and I was hoping to make this one as canon as possible.

-TiM

SD_Radical_Ed
12-09-2003, 03:37 PM
make it rotate like the tie fighter does. the vehicles are already kinda hard to control, and if one works diffrently than the rest, it could be confusing

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IMYOURFATHER!!!!!!

also, is there anyway you could possibly release it by today or tomorrow?

SD_Radical_Ed
12-10-2003, 01:12 PM
are you still working on this even?

SD_Radical_Ed
12-10-2003, 05:51 PM
are you going to make a special hud for the tie int, or are you just going to use the tie fighter one?

71M
12-11-2003, 04:01 PM
I've already made the HUD icons d00d. But I found out in-game, the wings are a tad too big, so I have to resize the whole thing.

imyourfather, any updates on this thing'c completion?

-TiM

SD_Radical_Ed
12-11-2003, 04:12 PM
imyourfather told me that his computer is screwed up right now. scale shouldnt matter that mutch, when do you think it will be complete?

tFighterPilot
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Yeah.

The good news is that the hard disk is ok, only the video card was screwd. The bad news, that it will take some more days.

I suggest you'll ask somebody else.

SD_Radical_Ed
12-11-2003, 04:57 PM
oh well, i guess i can wait a few days.

imyoufather, why dont you give me a hand at fixing your pc?

*Holds metal pipe above head*

"PEICE OF CR**!"

[WHACK!]

"IM TEACHING THIS OBJECT A LESSON!"

[WHACK!]

"IF IT DOESN'T WANT TO GET HIT AGAIN, IT'LL STRAIGTEN UP AND WORK!"

[WHACK!]

"SEE! ITS LAUGHING AT ME! TAKE THIS YOU PEICE OF JUNK!"

[WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!!!!] :compcry:

*computer starts to work again*

"See!? All it needed was a good A** Whoopin!"

71M
12-13-2003, 01:20 PM
:eek:

Uh yeah...

Anyways, does anyone else have the time to convert this mesh to a vehicle GLM? I'm almost at the point of giving up here... :S

-TiM

71M
12-26-2003, 04:40 AM
Ok... I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I have managed to secure a copy of Max 5, which was really hard since Max 6 is out and making vehicles with that is even harder.

Another spot of good news is that I managed to fix the tag problem that imyourfather was having with it. :D

Now the bad news.... for some weird reason, the textures are playing up, making the whole thing look jet black. :confused:

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_skrewed.txt

I have no clue how to fix it as I've never seen that b4... Has anyone else seen that?

After that, all I have to do is resize it's Damage Icon a bit (As u can see) and then it's finished!!!

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Are you sure that the skin file is ok? Send the whole pk3 to me.

71M
12-26-2003, 01:54 PM
Hmm, if there was an error in the skin file, that particular surface wouldn't appear at all. Maybe it's a shader problem, but I doubt that as the shaders all worked fine on your version of the fighter.

Hmm, give me a little more time to try some other things (Maybe apply the textures to the model in Max to see if it's a problem there before I'll send it to u.

-TiM

Andy867
12-27-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by 71M
Hmm, if there was an error in the skin file, that particular surface wouldn't appear at all. Maybe it's a shader problem, but I doubt that as the shaders all worked fine on your version of the fighter.

Hmm, give me a little more time to try some other things (Maybe apply the textures to the model in Max to see if it's a problem there before I'll send it to u.

-TiM

is there any errors showing up in the console after spawning the Interceptor, cause usually that will give a good indication if anything isnt sitting just right.

71M
12-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Yes, the console is the first place I look for errors. There were none. :confused:

Anyway, the next time I compiled a GLM, that problem didn't show up again, which only means one thing.

It's finished!!!!!!!!! :D

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_done.txt

Took long enough though... :rolleyes: Anyway, I wonder if Khan still wants this...

-TiM

71M
12-31-2003, 07:50 AM
Hmm, I just saw the Asteroids map trailer. I'm guessing that's the map khan wanted this model for, but he already has a TIE Interceptor in there. Dang, I think I'm too late. :(

-TiM

tFighterPilot
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
I thought it was yours :(

Manquesa
12-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Actually, i'm thinking maybe we should use your's. I think your Interceptor looks better than mine. My only complaint is that there's no blasters on the tips of the wings on yours. Also, do you have damage tags on the vehicle. bolt_l_wingdamage, bolt_r_wingdamage, bolt_nosedamage, etc. ?

I don't know, i'll ask Khan next time I talk to him if wants to use yours or not.

71M
01-01-2004, 03:42 AM
Great, thanks Manquesa. :)
I've already e-mailed him about it, but he hasn't responded. My guess (from also looking at his last login date here) is that he's on vacation at the moment.

Um, it does actually have gun barrels, but they're pretty basic (Cylinder aattached to a box kinda thing :P ) just the angle u see there is obscurring it.

And yes, thanks to the very good help from Khan, it has all of those necessary things: All necessary tags (Ie, the damage emitter ones, and bolt_trail, etc), explosion MD3s, correct surface hierarchy etc.

Hmm, I might do some touchups on it then... :)

-TiM

71M
01-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Ah well, seeing as I'm going away for a week tomorrow, I doubt I'd get this newer version finished before asteroids is released.(But u never know). I realised my current Interceptor model is actually quite sloppy in terms of accuracy and detail, so I decided to see what else I could dowith it.

I went through all of my reference material with a fine tooth comb and managed to improve the mesh a bit by giving it more canon laser muzzles, more accuate joining braces and redoing the textures in some parts.

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_cool.txt

The textures need some more work, but that's about it.

-TiM

Manquesa
01-01-2004, 06:32 PM
sweet!

SD_Radical_Ed
01-05-2004, 02:22 AM
AAACCKK!! Where can i download it??:monkbomb:

Andy867
01-05-2004, 05:02 AM
You cant download it yet. It will probably only be available after the release of Asteroids.

SD_Radical_Ed
01-05-2004, 01:30 PM
NOOOOO!!!! Must include in level!

SD_Radical_Ed
01-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Tim, could you possibly email the vehicle to me? i would greatly appreciate it. pleeeze...ive waited so long.... wanna put it in my level....

my email is :

drvindaloo@hotmail.com

SD_Radical_Ed
01-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Tim, could you possibly email the vehicle to me? i would greatly appreciate it. pleeeze...ive waited so long.... wanna put it in my level....

my email is :

drvindaloo@hotmail.com

SD_Radical_Ed
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM

my email is :

drvindaloo@hotmail.com

tFighterPilot
01-06-2004, 07:05 PM
That's CRAZY :eek:

SD_Radical_Ed
01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
whats so crazy?:eek: :monkbomb:i love this!....:monkbomb::monkbomb::monkbomb::monkbomb:: monkbomb::monkbomb::monkbomb::monkbomb:

tFighterPilot
01-06-2004, 07:17 PM
It's crazy how much your handle fits you

SD_Radical_Ed
01-06-2004, 09:38 PM
what, my avatar, or my email?

tFighterPilot
01-07-2004, 10:08 AM
Radical

71M
01-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Okay... back from the weeklong stay in a caravan park.
Seeing as there was power down there, I took the trusty laptop and continued work on the Interceptor. :D

Before I post an update, first thing's first.

Well, I haven't finished this new revised version, but if you want the old, unrevised one, I can send that one over. This one's reserved for the asteroids map. :)

-TiM

71M
01-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Okay, now an update on the model.

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tie_interceptor_update.txt

First off, I got to thinking. Seeing as all of the online pics of the Interceptor I've seen online are blue, and that the TIE Bomber and Advance X1 in JKA are also blue, I thought I might make this one a slight shade of blue as well.

New mesh updates include some more detail at the brace section that juts out toward the front in the middle of the wings. One more update I want to apply is that TIE Fighter bit I stole and put on the side. It doesn't look very canon and I think I better make my own part to replace it.

I've also done some heavy texturing as well, having applied a generous amount of nurnies to the inside of the wings, and fixing up the color and shading on the new connecting parts.

At this point, my main concern is, do you think I should keep this thing blue?

-TiM

Torchy
01-08-2004, 10:29 AM
thats a great looking model Tim, very nice details :) i wouldnt make it blue just because others are blue, just makes yours look less original. imo that shade looks less metalic, and more rubbery

SD_Radical_Ed
01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
sure, ill take the old version, as long as it works. (doesnt fire off to the leftor anything)

i think the blue looks great. all of the tie interceptors i have seen were blue like that.

71M
01-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Lol, no it doesn't fire off to the left. That was imyourfather's version. :p

Ok, I'll send that one over. Be warned though, you on a hotmail account it might not get accepted because it's a 1MB file and Hotmail only allows a max of 2MB. We'll see.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/tieinterceptor/img/movie_bg.jpg

That's a pic of the Interceptor that's on starwars.com, and I just pulled out my severly degraded copy of ROTJ (Dang Videos, DVD all the way. :p) and watched the last 20 minutes of it. If anything, I probably should be making this thing even more blue.

But then again, I don't have to stick to the movie guidelines. The TIE Fighters in ROTJ looked blue to me too (That or it was a really blurry interceptor) and just look at the color of Raven's TIE Fighter. I'll take a pic of it in-game with it's specular shader applied so you can see what it looks like in where it really counts.

-TiM

71M
01-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Accck!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/tiefighter/img/movie_sm.jpg

Okay... normal TIEs are grey, Interceptors are definately blue. Forgive me for challenging your canon-ness Raven! :p

-TiM

Eldritch
01-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 71M
http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/tieinterceptor/img/movie_bg.jpg
I think it's the lighting in that picture that makes it look blue. If you look where the light hits it, where you can see it's true color, it's grey - just like the regular Tie.

71M
01-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Hmm, perhaps, but they were the same color as that in the movie, and just to be sure, I contrasted their lighting to the Millenium Falcon's.

Does anyone have George Lucas' contact details by any chance? He's bound to know. :p

-TiM

Casper
01-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Wow! I like the sharpening on the Intercepter's texturing. It always makes good eyecandy.

71M
01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Okay, I think I'm at the point where I've added so many details I don't want to touch it anymore in fear of wrecking it. :)

The wings are now fully made by me with no elements used from the original TIE fighter's wings. I've decided to keep it blue, even though I'd bet that that isn't canon, but the other Raven Imperial ships (bar Fighter) are blue and I think it adds a better tone to it. :)

Here it is. Be brutal:

http://www.geocities.com/tim_lw_profile/tiei_done.txt

I've sent this copy off to Khan in the hopes of it maybe being used in the Asteroids map, but so far, no word back.

-TiM

Manquesa
01-25-2004, 04:53 PM
Sweet man, looking good. Definitely better than mine in my opinion anyway. I told Khan I thought we should use yours but ultimately that's up to him.

71M
01-26-2004, 12:41 AM
Thanks Manquesa. :)

I can't make a comparison as I never got a good look as to what your interceptor model looks like. From the long shots I've seen in the Asteroids trailer, it looked pretty darn cool. :)

Thanks for telling Khan. :)
I just hope he'll give me some feedback soon...

-TiM

Zappa_0
01-27-2004, 02:03 AM
Wow that pic is looking good, I hope you can get that out soon.