PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy. . .KOTOR crossover? *SPOILERS*


Darth MarcII
11-07-2003, 04:44 AM
OK, I am still playing through JA, I will not play KOTOR until it comes out for PC in 2 weeks, but apparently someone was telling me that Marka Ragnos, the dead Sith Lord in JA, is also mentioned in KOTOR. Is this true?

Kurgan
11-07-2003, 05:39 AM
Depends when KOTOR takes place I guess. How long did they say Ragnos had been dead in JA? 1,000 years? 4,000 years?

Though maybe he's a ghost (again) and people just "forgot" where his tomb was until the time of JA again?

Not having played KOTOR it's kind of hard for me to check...

Archonon
11-07-2003, 06:08 AM
From what I understand, KotoR occurs some 30 years after the Great Sith War of Exar Kun, the character Jolee Bindo (sp?) was a Jedi in this conflict from what I read. Marka Ragnos had been alive 1000 years before Exar Kun, meaning he lived 5,000 years before Ep1. He united all of the Sith clans into the Sith Empire.

I am not sure if Ragnos is mentioned in KotoR but I have read you visit or see Naga Sadow's tomb. Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh apparently split the Sith Empire in a civil war trying to attain leadership after Ragnos' death.

Despite being the same location, I have read that KotoR's interpretation of the Valley of the Dark Lords is not accurate while JA's version is.

Ray Stantz
11-07-2003, 06:16 AM
You can visit Marka Ragnos' Tomb and retrieve his gloves in KOTOR. They say in JA that Marka Ragnos has been dead for 5,000 years. Of course in KOTOR his name is Marko Ragnos, which I believe is incorrect.

Astrotoy7
11-07-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey Ray Stantz...you slimed me !!! It would've been nice if you could've added spoiler tags to your comment about what happenned in KOTOR....but the thread title says spoiler i guess....

thats one less thrill I'll be havin when I have a go at it soon............. :violin:

MTFBWYA

Prime
11-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth MarcII
KOTOR until it comes out for PC in 2 weeks Huh? Have they posted a release date yet? How do you know it is coming out in 2 weeks?

StormHammer
11-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Huh? Have they posted a release date yet? How do you know it is coming out in 2 weeks?

There was an announcement a while ago - and it was confirmed in a PC Zone article that KOTOR will be arriving at the end of November in the UK on PC. Gameplay.com's release schedule for this month confirms that. It's due out on the 28th.

You should check the StarWarsKnights forums (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=45&forumid=321) more often. ;)

Prime
11-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
There was an announcement a while ago - and it was confirmed in a PC Zone article that KOTOR will be arriving at the end of November in the UK on PC. Gameplay.com's release schedule for this month confirms that. It's due out on the 28th.

You should check the StarWarsKnights forums (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=45&forumid=321) more often. ;) Thanks StormHammer. I looked around for a North American release date, but didn't come across one. I couldn't read the gamespot article because the page wouldn't load for me. Can someone give me a date?

Thanks :D

Hand of Thrawn
11-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Umm, coming out around the end of November it may be, but those dates are still nothing more than conjecture by the games magazines/shops. Until BioWare/LucasArts give a release date, the magasines guess work is merely designed to string you along/get preorders out of you. Go to http://swforums.bioware.com to see!

Prime
11-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Hand of Thrawn
Umm, coming out around the end of November it may be, but those dates are still nothing more than conjecture by the games magazines/shops. Whew. I thought I was slipping in my old age. I figured it was impossible that the release date could slip by me...

From the Bioware FAQ:

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is available now for the Xbox and due out in the Fall of 2003 for PC. Do not believe any release dates stated by anyone other than BioWare. All we will do is announce when the game is gold and tell you when it should end up on store shelves."

Words to live by...

Astrotoy7
11-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Whew. I thought I was slipping in my old age. I figured it was impossible that the release date could slip by me...

From the Bioware FAQ:

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is available now for the Xbox and due out in the Fall of 2003 for PC. Do not believe any release dates stated by anyone other than BioWare. All we will do is announce when the game is gold and tell you when it should end up on store shelves."

Words to live by...

you fools ! As if you were going to get one up on the much learned PRIME !

Yeah, I just wait for the published LA release date too...

MTFBWYA

Prime
11-08-2003, 04:34 AM
The funny thing is, I hope I'm wrong :( I'd love to get my hands on that game in two weeks...

Lost Welshman
11-08-2003, 10:04 AM
*ahem*

Ok, since I've completed both games a bunch o' times I'll tell ya!

In JA they mention Marka Ragnos being alive 5,000 years ago bla bla bla.

Then in KOTOR you get to go in the valley of the sith. Or something like that, and there are a bunch of tombes. And one of them in Marka Ragnos tomb

and it's swarming with renagade droids to destroy, mwa ha ha!

if you open his coffin thing, you get his gloves. yay!

other than that he's not mentioned at all.

Also, in JA the whole sith valley and Marka's tomb has had a major revamp. Doesn't look at all like the KOTOR version.

Also!

In JA Marka's ghost is all sheet like. But the sith ghost in KOTOR is just a normal sith but see through and blue. Like every other ghost in Star Wars. I think He smells

Wow. Looks like a five year old wrote that post. I'm not posting until i'm fully awake.