PDA

View Full Version : Force Pushable/Pullable Objects

_PerfectAgent_
11-08-2003, 04:20 AM
I'm having this problem making objects you can force push and pull. I tried turning a brush into a func_door and that worked fine, but the problem is that I can't set the distance I want it to move when it is force push/pulled. I need help on this, thanks!

Andur_Sunrider
11-08-2003, 12:40 PM
I to have been wondeirng how to do this. Although I dont even know how to make an object pushable or pullable. Is there some way you could make a distance or height key and they add the value of how far? kind of like an elevator.

WadeV1589
11-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I've not looked into force pushing or pulling objects, but if you use a door, you can use the lip key to specify how far it should move.

I would guess though that if you make a trigger_multiple that can be force pushed/pulled and added a script to it you could move it using the script. Nothing more than a guess though going with the fact you can move entities using script. I don't know how you'd determine which direction they were pushing in tho...

... go to www.map-center.com and ask there, Raven (works for Raven...) will tell you how to do it.

_PerfectAgent_
11-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks! I'll go there.

idontlikegeorge
11-09-2003, 04:27 AM
I'm pretty sure most of that stuff is done with the func_static entity, and ICARUS scripts with it.