PDA

View Full Version : How to get saberrealisticcombat in MP?

Hejsan
11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
u can only use the command suberrealisticcombat if u have typed devmapall, but since everyone know, u cant activate that commando in MP, and therefor suberrealisticcombat doesnt work..

anyone knows?

would be glad if someone knew :)

Master William
11-08-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure, it worked for me, but it was something like...

/seta cg_dismemberment 999999999

I have it like that atleast. And it works great on servers having dismemberment turned on. Bah never mind, it all confuses me.

Akshara
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
In your Gamedata/base folder open the jampconfig.cfg file with Wordpad and add these lines:

seta g_dismember "100"
seta cg_dismember "3" (edit... whoops! 100 is a little high, hehe)

As a client, the only line that matters is the cg_dismember one, since the other is a server variable.

woodenstool
11-09-2003, 02:11 AM
Wait, does this configuration give you full dismemberment (where you just walk up to a guy, put your lightsaber into him, and he falls apart) or just dismemberment when you kill someone?

Hejsan
11-09-2003, 02:46 AM
well, i've already done that with cg_dismember and g_dismember for server, but that's not what im looking for.

its saberrealisticcombat that i dont know how to use in MP.

In SP it worked perfect since devmapall command works

Kurgan
11-09-2003, 02:58 PM
g_dismember 100
cg_dismember 3

are all that's needed for dismemberment in MP, but of course you asked about saberrealisticcombat.

I have NOT TESTED THIS, but I am fairly sure I saw the command in the console, so give this a whirl (as the admin):

g_saberrealisticcombat 9 (or 1-100 or something of that sort, though I would think 1-9 would be enough).

Remember if you're using rcon you'd need to do it like this:

\rcon g_saberrealisticcombat # (whatever number you chose)

Let me know if it works for you... I'll try it when I get back home to my pc with JA on it.

Hejsan
11-10-2003, 09:01 PM
but to use rcon command, u must use dedicated server right? and not create a server from the game..

or am i wrong?

Kurgan
11-10-2003, 09:29 PM
I guess.

If you're the admin and you don't use rcon, just try typing the command in normally in the console.

Hejsan
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
thanks, well i know u cant set up a rcon password from the game itself, when u take create server, but only from a dedicated server config..

anyway, i cant join my own servers, but it seems others can