PDA

View Full Version : Func_static

Druid Bremen
11-10-2003, 05:28 AM
Ok, I got a problem here. I want a func_static that materializes every few seconds. Eg. Func_static disappears for a few seconds, then reappears. How do I do this? Is the key Delay or Wait?

WadeV1589
11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Right...

You'll need 1 trigger_multiple, 1 target_delay, 1 target_relay and change the func_static to a func_wall - this is how to do it without any scripting whatsoever.

Target the trigger_multiple to the target_delay.
Target the target_delay to the target_relay and to the func_wall.
Target the target_relay to the target delay.

Set the target_delay to have a wait value of however long you want it to switch on/off.

Set the trigger_multiple to have a wait value of -1 and place it either covering your entire map (so it will be triggered when the map starts and someone enters) or by placing it where a person will spawn every time (works fine for SP).

trigger_multiple---->----target_delay---->----func_wall
/|\
|
\|/
target_relay

As you can see the target_delay will switch the func_wall but will also call the target_relay which will simply re-activate the target_delay so it toggles again and this loop will go on forever.

What you can do is simplify it all (if you know scripting) by running a script when the map starts which loops and toggles the func_wall indefinately but I always post entities first as it's there now and requires no extra programs.

Druid Bremen
11-11-2003, 03:11 AM
Thanks a lot man! :p

RalKon
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
:eyeraise: :eek:

OMG Wade..... LOL... thats a lot of stuff to do..

tell me, does mapping haunt you in your sleep. It must to come up with advanced solutions like that. LOL

WadeV1589
11-11-2003, 07:30 PM
It's not an advanced solution, just I've been mapping so long when someone asks a question like it I just splurt out the answer. Same is true for a lot of people here, just some can't be bothered to post solutions :p

If you want a real entity feat check out my goa'uld transport rings for my maps in Elite Force, especially in SGPyramid. Elite Force has no MP scripting abilities so I had to make the rings purely out of entities. I got a few mouth drops from people from that, not to mention the dialing gate :)

RalKon
11-11-2003, 11:33 PM
I will have to take your word for it as I dont have Elite Force. Reading many of your past posts, and the fact that you have helped me out many times, I have no doubt that you probably give people whip lash from time to time with the ideas you come up with. LOL