PDA

View Full Version : Controllers

nivensfridge
11-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Just a quick poll, whats the best joystick for use with this game, I'm about to upgrade, and haven't a clue. I've only briefly scanned through the demo with a game pad and the keyboard so would like to know before I buy the game.

Cheers.

Samuel Dravis
11-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Why would you want to play with a joystick? It's like signing your own death warrant. Mouse + Keyboard gives you much better control.

Jawa8578
11-10-2003, 03:15 PM
true. Mouse is better and more accurate than any joystick and keyboards gives you like 100+ buttons to assign keys to. I bet your the kinda person who has yawspeed set to 100 and uses turn buttons to move around.

BawBag™
11-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Whats the big deal using a pad/joystick anyways? :rolleyes:

I use a pad basically because I can't use the mouse/keyboard. It's hardly going to bother anyone now is it?

nivensfridge , I use a Saitek gamepad. ;)
(I know you aked for a joystick, but just incase you change your mind)

Prime
11-10-2003, 05:40 PM
I have no idea, since I can't imagine playing this game without a keyboard and mouse.

Akshara
11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
An optical ball, keyboard, and Nostromo N50 speedpad.

Rad Blackrose
11-10-2003, 08:11 PM
I remember a good friend in Maryland that would play all his FPS games with a trackball... We got into a big fight over it. ;)

I've stuck with my mouse and keyboard since the Quake days (I actually used to play competitive QCTF with only the keyboard :eek: ).

Trackballs and gamepads are one thing, and I used to play Doom with a custom Gamepad (oh the days). but joysticks... as Dravis put it, it's signing your death warrant.

nivensfridge
11-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Thanks everyone that's the sort of response I was looking for, it is most appreciated.

Cheers.

Astrotoy7
11-11-2003, 08:47 AM
yeah, i cant imagine using a pad/joystick either for JO/JA and Im a seasoned console gamer...

I would like to have a go at one of those joysticks that have the forcefeedback capability.. But Im sure it'd get boring after about 5 mins.... :D

MTFBWYA