PDA

View Full Version : SWK for PC GONE GOLD!

Eets
11-11-2003, 01:41 AM
And there was much rejoicing!!!!

Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ PC Version - Gone Gold!
LucasArts is pleased to announced that Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ for the PC has gone gold and will be in-store on November 18, 2003.

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/

Hooray, Huzzah, and everything in between!

EEEEEEeeehehehehehEHehehEHehehehheEHHehehEHEHhhee! !!

STTCT
11-11-2003, 04:48 AM
I am going to add this to my birthday list! Thanks for the info! :D

Jared
11-11-2003, 07:10 AM
cool.

edlib
11-11-2003, 09:17 AM
DAMN AND BLAST!!! :mad:

Alas,.. yet ANOTHER game that I just HAVE to get. :rolleyes: Curses!

That brings my current list up to:

JA (recently purchased, haven't had time to play much yet)
Halo PC (ditto)
KOTOR
Tron 2.0
Homeworld 2
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Rogue Squadron 3
Metroid Prime (old, but I haven't played it yet, and it recently dropped in price to under $20)

I don't have the time to really play any of these,.. but I'll end up getting them all anyways...

Now,.. to work out the list of DVDs, CDs, and books that I MUST have... Oy! Help!

Sivy
11-11-2003, 09:25 AM
yay, at last!!

7 days to go

*does happy dance*

DarthMuffin
11-11-2003, 03:32 PM
:D

I went to bioware.com as usual to see if there's any news, but they didn't update their main page yet. I was disappointed :(

Then, I checked the forums, and I saw the "has gone GOLD". Sweet.

Ah... we don't have school from the 12th to the 17th... Why couldn't they release it one week before? It would have been perfect :rolleyes:

@ edlib : I heard that Temple of elemental evil was full of bugs... perhaps you should push it back (to allow some patches to correct the stuff)

edlib
11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Hmm... yeah, probably not a bad idea.

I played the full-version-but-limited-time demo, and I encountered a few of them. The list I made is in order of priority for me anyway, and it's pretty far down there. It's one that can wait until it drops down to the $20-or-so range (even though I now have the full thing downloaded on my hard drive and all I have to do is give them my credit-card # to activate it.)

Though,.. I used to be a rather avid D&D'er, and I remember playing through some of those modules in the pen-and-paper realm when I was a kid. I really want to go through the whole thing again...

But, I think I'll wait until I hear about some patches.

Besides,.. I'm now in the middle of Return to Wolfenstien, and just starting Halo and Jedi Academy... I really think I need to finish one of the games I'm now involved in before I can start up another! Especially something as deep and time-consuming as KOTOR or TOEE.

Billy Shears
11-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Eets
SWK for PC GONE GOLD!

They're making a game on the Star Wars Kid???? OMG! :eek:

But yes, I'm definetely getting KoToR for PC, as I don't have an X-Box....probably get it for Christmas

Eets
11-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Billy Shears
They're making a game on the Star Wars Kid???? OMG! :eek:

eehhee, I wish. That'd make a hilarious game! ^_^

Jed
11-11-2003, 08:47 PM
There's a nice little site about the game too *coughSWKcough*. Might want to check it out sometime.

New revamp is soon, get pscyhed!

:giggle1: (http://www.starwarsknights.com/)

[/sitepimpage]

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Siv
yay, at last!!

7 days to go

*does happy dance*

Yes, same here! 7 days :D

STTCT
11-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Errr...

My husband says I have to win JA before I can get the game, and then he'll buy it for me.

I'm on HOTH.

How much farther? I know I suck - but its because there just isn't enough hours in the day!

Clefo
11-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm gonna wait until Christmas for this for monetary purposes. I just pre-ordered Hordes of the Underdark and so I'm kinda stripped (Get a job? Bah! I scoff at you!)

Sam Fisher
11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I'm on HOTH.

You areen't even to the hard part yet. And you're in the middle of the game :D

Eets
11-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
I'm on HOTH.

How much farther? I know I suck - but its because there just isn't enough hours in the day!

j00 are teh padawan. :D

Use cheats! KOTOR is far superior to JA, it's worth it!!

darthfergie
11-12-2003, 11:45 PM
He's right about that ya know...

KOTOR's Jedi RPG is far better developed, plus the story line is very nice...where as JA's is...well...not all there...but it's a shooter...so the story is irrelivant in its case. *is stoked for KOTOR...but then realizes that g/f + SWG + AP Classes galor = no time for KOTOR and cries*

legameboy
11-13-2003, 04:01 AM
6 more days... I can't frickin' wait! :D

STTCT
11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
oOOO I don't like to cheat. But I'm strapped for time! I gotta get it for my birthday!! ERRR

I could cheat...but...DAMN IT MY DAMN MORALES!

The game isn't really that hard...I know its not to the hardpart yet etc. But is the hard part really hard? Or just a littler harder than Hoth.

Today I'm playing the crap outta that game. I better finish!

JediMasterEd
11-13-2003, 10:51 AM
Hehe I use cheats when I'm, well, stuck on a certain area... *whistles innocently*

But it's cool that KoToR is coming out on the PC. I'd hate to have to buy an X-Box just to play it, unless it's out for the PS2.

Eets
11-13-2003, 01:40 PM
oOOO I don't like to cheat. But I'm strapped for time! I gotta get it for my birthday!! ERRR

I could cheat...but...DAMN IT MY DAMN MORALES!

The game isn't really that hard...I know its not to the hardpart yet etc. But is the hard part really hard? Or just a littler harder than Hoth.

Today I'm playing the crap outta that game. I better finish!

Nah, the whole day's easy as pie, it'll just help you get through the game faster with cheats!

STTCT
11-14-2003, 06:55 AM
Well that's what I get for *trying* to cheat

The codes that are out must not work for the new patch. Either that or I did them wrong

Anyways. I'm still having problems with my husbands game saving over my games. So I had to start over on the Tram one to get back to Hoth.

Without cheating I've gotten to the level with the Speeder bikes. Its pretty fun - but that damn bike is hard to steer!

edlib
11-17-2003, 02:31 AM
YAY! Just finished JA!!!
Now I can start thinking about finishing Halo,.. then it's time for some new games!!! KOTOR, here I come!!!

Although,.. I might just go back and see exactly what happens if I choose not to show Rosh any mercy... :D

Sam Fisher
11-17-2003, 02:39 AM
Well, now go play JA MP for 2 days until KOTOR comes out!

STTCT
11-18-2003, 05:00 AM
Alright - over the weekend I made it to Vjun on JA. How far am I now?

That's why I haven't been online lately - damn JA - Need to win!

edlib
11-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Your getting close to the end. I think there are only 2 more missions after that one.

Those are some of the toughest ones though...

The 2 things that kept me going:

Level 3 Force-Heal.

And...

Quick-Save Game.

:D

lukeiamyourdad
11-18-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey KOTOR is out! WOOOHOOO!!!

darthfergie
11-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by edlib
YAY! Just finished JA!!!
Now I can start thinking about finishing Halo,.. then it's time for some new games!!! KOTOR, here I come!!!

Although,.. I might just go back and see exactly what happens if I choose not to show Rosh any mercy... :D

Halo? I don't even own an X-Box and I beat it...I went over to a friend's house and just rocked on it for hours until it was game over and I then grabbed my friend and played through Co-Op mode (which is, I think, the best part of the game...especially on a big screen TV), but SWG owns me right now...wait a sec...what am I doing here? *clicks SWG icon on desktop*

Praetorian
11-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Don't bash Halo PC, it's 10x better than Xbox. Keyboard and Mouse...end of story.

Now I have to deside between Call of Duty and KotoR. CoD or KotoR? CoD or KotoR? CoD or KotoR? CoD or KotoR? AAAHHHHHH! I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

STTCT
11-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Definately KOTOR!

As far as Call of Duty - I was looking at that for a Christmas Gift for Scott, should I? Is it as good as or better the MOH?

Praetorian
11-19-2003, 11:47 AM
MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better that MoH. Get the demo and see for yourself.

Eets
11-19-2003, 06:32 PM
KOTOR is the game to get!

CoD is bloody fantastic, though. :D

lukeiamyourdad
11-19-2003, 07:20 PM
KOTOR all the way.
As for CoD, comparing it with MoH is...well not fair.
MOH is old now...very very old...

STTCT
11-20-2003, 05:28 AM
Well he has MOH and really likes it. I was debating about getting him the Breakthru expansion pack, or the new MOH on Ps2 or COD. Just wondering if its worth it to invest in yet another new war game :)

I don't play them myself. Just not into the whole WWII thing that much.

Tyrion
11-20-2003, 06:03 AM
I have 60 bucks right now, and I'll get two days off in the week after this weekend. This will be my last game purchase this weekend, and so I've narrowed my games down to three different ones.

Fire Emblem, Prince of Persia, and Kotor. I'm not sure which to get. I loved Advance Wars 2, so I'd love Fire Emblem. Prince of Persia looks like the action-adventure game I've been yearning for a while. And Kotor looks so damn cool, and I love RPG's.

Aw hell, gonna get Kotor.

Praetorian
11-20-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
KOTOR all the way.
As for CoD, comparing it with MoH is...well not fair.
MOH is old now...very very old...
I'm not comparing graphics or whatever, I'm comparing gameplay. MoH had some awesome gameplay, but CoD blows it away, bigtime. They perfected what MoH started.

Well he has MOH and really likes it. I was debating about getting him the Breakthru expansion pack, or the new MOH on Ps2 or COD. Just wondering if its worth it to invest in yet another new war game :)

I don't play them myself. Just not into the whole WWII thing that much.
Yes its worth the investment. Get him CoD. You won't regret it. And if he says anything like, "This is nice, but I really wanted the Breakthrough EXP." Tell him to try the game first, or I'm going to come over there and...um...oh, wait I don't have the resources to fly to California. Just hit him REALLY HARD for not truely appreciating your gift to him.:D

Eets
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Just not into the whole WWII thing that much.

Neither am I, but CoD TOTALLY blew me away.

..TOTALLY!

lukeiamyourdad
11-20-2003, 08:06 PM
I wasn't talking about graphics, the graphics are pretty much the same. The point is still valid since MoH is old now and it's pretty normal that another game has beaten it on the throne of WW2 shooters.

Breakthrough is a load of crap and totally not worth the investment...

If you're really into MoH, you can wait for Pacific Assault to come out for PC.

STTCT
11-25-2003, 05:26 AM
Alright - who got it?

I have it - its in the box and I haven't opened it. Circuit City has it on sale - btw.

Unfortunately I have not won JA yet - I know I suck. Well actually its for lack of game play time.

I passed the part where you become a Jedi Knight and I picked dual sabers and now I'm in the middle of the level after that - where I keep falling down off cliffs. Its pissing me off.

Well only 5 or so levels to go! Wish me luck!

edlib
11-25-2003, 05:52 PM
I had it in my hands today at Best Buy... but I made the mistake of reading the minimum requirements: 1 GHz Pentium III or better.

I'm running a PIII 933... :( Killed by 67 Hz.

I could give it a try,.. but my experience is that it probably won't even install once it analyzes the system, and I'd have to end up bringing it back to the store.

Damn.

Time to upgrade my comp, I guess...

Clefo
11-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Oh its 67 bloody MHZ... If all your other requirements are filled (Esp. RAM and Video Card) you should be fine.

lukeiamyourdad
11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
It shouldn't be much of problem. It'll be laggy at times but that's about it.

edlib
11-25-2003, 10:39 PM
I might just give it a try. Everything else should be met with more than flying colors.
But I remember once I tried to install a game on my old PC that didn't meet one of the specs (it might have been the processor) and the installer wouldn't even proceed. I'd hate to have to go through that again.

This is where a demo version would come in handy, that way I could try it without paying for it, but I've heard rumors that this game is so complex that they might not bother releasing one.

lukeiamyourdad
11-25-2003, 10:46 PM
I heard down at SWK that they won't release any demo for the game. They should have but I understand that it might be too complex or the demo would end up being a big 500mb file to download.