PDA

View Full Version : Jedi academy patch 1.01 (Official Update Thread)

Rumor
11-11-2003, 01:49 AM
its real just came out.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4063

Hellfire Jedi
11-11-2003, 01:51 AM
Unknown changes? I'd like some proof its real.

Rumor
11-11-2003, 01:55 AM
it was submitted by raven maybe?

acdcfanbill
11-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Yes, i noticed this a bit ago, and have been checking on it for the last 20 min or so. It was brought up that its possibly a mislabled JK2 Mac Patch 1.01, but this file is approx 5x as large as the mac patch. So i would rule that out. I think this is fairly legit, but we wont take a stance til we get some kind of confirmation yes or no from LEC/Raven.

Rumor
11-11-2003, 02:09 AM
Multiplayer fixes

Fixed bug causing Internet servers to time out too early on master
server list.
Fixed bug causing various movement sounds not to play consistently
(footsteps, rolling, etc.).
Fixed bug regarding turning off of second saber.
Fixed bug preventing camera shake if hit by explosive.
Fixed roll animation.
Fixed exploit allowing for illegal character models.
Fixed bug allowing rocket launcher lock-on after death.
Various exploit fixes.

for no lines downloading:

http://kaoticz.com/files/JA/jkacademy1_01.exe

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Well, I have to wait 40 minutes to download it, so I guess I'll find out (after a virus scan, heh) if it's real or what.

Hopefully it is...

Rumor
11-11-2003, 02:17 AM
read my last post kurg

Lathain Valtiel
11-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Does illegal model include the Jawa by any chance?

mariners2001
11-11-2003, 02:39 AM
This is from the installation screen:

Global

Fixed dynamic glow performance for new ATI drivers (if you are
experiencing low framerate, go into Setup - More Video and
change dynamic glow to off).
Updated EAX 4.0 sound support.

Single Player fixes

Force feedback defaults to off (if you are experiencing hiccupping
while playing, especially during lightsaber battles, go into
Controls - Mouse/Joystick and set force feedback to "No").
Note: Gravis gamepad users should turn force feedback to off.
Gravis drivers arenít compatible with Jedi Academy and will
cause the game to crash.
Patch will work around manufacturing defect which causes
single player not to run.
Resetting defaults in game will no longer reset your skill level.
Fixed bug allowing player to select a force power that had already
been maxed out.
Fixed animation issue if enemies force push you while executing a
special move.
Ragdoll fixes.

Multiplayer fixes

Fixed bug causing Internet servers to time out too early on master
server list.
Fixed bug causing various movement sounds not to play consistently
(footsteps, rolling, etc.).
Fixed bug regarding turning off of second saber.
Fixed bug preventing camera shake if hit by explosive.
Fixed roll animation.
Fixed exploit allowing for illegal character models.
Fixed bug allowing rocket launcher lock-on after death.
Various exploit fixes.

Please note: Server admins must update their servers to the new
1.01 code. This may take a few days and 1.01 multiplayer games
may be scarce until all servers upgrade to 1.01.

GonkH8er
11-11-2003, 02:50 AM
and its news.... :) go for gold, my little plebs... download it....

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Lol Rumor, didn't see your post before mine was sent. ; )

Thanks, I'll grab it and see in about 3 mins (I trust it's the same file of course...).

Since it sounds like its not compatible with the previous version, hopefully the stand alone server will be released soon as well!

eniaC
11-11-2003, 03:27 AM
So is it official, I was looking over at Raven forums didn't see anything,
looked here:
http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/patches.htm
looked here:
http://www.ravensoft.com/frameset.html

eniaC

P.S. Thanks for the link there rumor nice and qiuck, : )

Rumor
11-11-2003, 03:32 AM
np :)

Akshara
11-11-2003, 03:41 AM
Very strange how there's no official word over on the Raven forums about this... :crickets:

----

Since this a required update for all servers, maybe a sticky thread should be added to the Ded Server forum?

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 03:43 AM
A list of mirrors has been posted on the JK.net main news page and LucasFiles won't be far behind.

Rainer511
11-11-2003, 03:46 AM
I downloaded and installed it... but I have yet to try it... must... resist... tempations.... must... do... spanish... homework...

Samuel Dravis
11-11-2003, 03:46 AM
Getting it right now... I don't suppose it has any other maps in it?

ShogunBlade
11-11-2003, 03:54 AM
i have it downloaded and installed nothing much since ive been fighting bots.. singel saber on staff is now blue stance and the dual sabers are now yellow.. single to blue

combat seems a bit more crisp but again that was on my machine vs bots

the big noticeable thing was no back roll

they took rolling backward out

dual sabers still seem to have the uber cheesey backstab

nothing was done to fix the ass fighting

blocking seems a bit more realistic

single saber red does a ton of damage still

but the yellow dfa is now yawable (if thats a word) in mid air like it used to be in jo

Xemoka
11-11-2003, 03:55 AM
Ok guys, I'd say it's officail, there is one server up, it's the Linux 1.01 Test server. Raven/Lucasarts normaly puts these servers up the first days the new games or patches are active to test them.

Now My Opinions:

Ok so i played for about an hour here are things i found:

The Staff-Saber no longer does damage by animation but only by saber, it still hits, and still kills but doesn't hit as much and doesn't hit when it finishes

Single saber damage is a little bit better, however you might not notice it because of per place body hits

Ghoul2 seems to be improved a bit, sabers dont fly off to much and they bounce about right, better then before

Somethign very interesting (i know people will say this "WE CAN'R ROLL!") but there seems to be velocity based rolling, IE you cant roll if your just starting out running you have to be running for a whlie and speed up. However i can't get the back roll to work without a quick jump up first because you can't get enough velocity.

/Broadsword 1: This is alot better now the model rag-doll has been improved.

This are just my thoughts, and my quick interpretations of the patch

mariners2001
11-11-2003, 03:59 AM
COOL! After some play testing - I found some unlisted additions/improvements!!!!

Ragdoll: The physics are MUCH MUCH better. To turn on in MP, use the command "broadsword 1"...for more effect raise the numer. Very nice indeed.

Melee!!!: Much better!! Added new move!!!! Press primary+alternate fire at same time to get Matrix-like pull-back punch!!! Very nice!!

Vehicles: W00t!! Controls are indefinitely improved!! Try flying an X-wing now and tell me it's hard to control. Thank you sooo much raven!

Kicks: Kicks are much better and more like SP. Still not auto-aim but you can actually hit someone now!! lol

Changed Rolls: Rolls are now based on momentum. No more stand-still rolls now! Back-rolls are extremely hard as you need to jump to get momentum....

Somewhat Improved Bot Behavior: Bots are more offensive and *gasp* somewhat more difficult! For instance, I jumped on top of a log and started slashing down on the head of the bot and the bot actually pulled me off of the log - which surprised me....lol

Please post if you find any more unmentioned changes/additions!!!

eniaC
11-11-2003, 04:03 AM
Well this was in the readme, seems legit to me.

© 2003 LucasArts, a division of
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 10307
San Rafael, CA 94912

Akshara
11-11-2003, 04:05 AM
However i can't get the back roll to work without a quick jump up first because you can't get enough velocity.
Very strange indeed... I don't get the reason why they felt the need to change the backroll. This isn't a complaint per se... simply surprising, since it was one of the best ways to get out of a crowd quickly. O well, it was fun while it lasted.

acdcfanbill
11-11-2003, 04:14 AM
this is only my opinion, but im about 99% sure of htis, the reason that back rolls were changed, u can still do them sometimes, or landing from a jump, or off a ledge, is so you dont roll alot when trying to do teh secondary backstab. also, the matrix-punch as it was described before was in the game prior to the patch, you had to set debugmeele to 1.

Samuel Dravis
11-11-2003, 04:20 AM
I like the no screen flicker when using dynamic glow with Catalyst 3.7! Those sabers look beautiful! :)

Rumor
11-11-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis
I like the no screen flicker when using dynamic glow with Catalyst 3.7! Those sabers look beautiful! :)

wtf dude update once in a while. 2 new releases of catalysts in like the last month. wth u been?

Akshara
11-11-2003, 04:43 AM
wtf dude update once in a while. 2 new releases of catalysts in like the last month. wth u been?
Rumour... fwiw, over the years I've learned from direct experience with ATI to never update a driver unless absolutely necessary. Same goes with Direct X... incremental graphics driver updates are notorious for wreaking havoc with other system drivers. Sometimes everything goes smoothly... but then at other times it creates a domino effect to where every other system driver requires updating as well - especially with mobo bioses, PCI interfaces, and pro audio/video hardware. Just an FYI.

I'm still running the 6.14 ATI drivers from last April on the first build of DX9, and seeing outstanding performance in JA.

Elijah
11-11-2003, 04:47 AM
http://jk2files.com/file.info?ID=19104

Someone told me these are not the correct files? anyone with SSH to a server mind testing them?

Codster
11-11-2003, 04:55 AM
when i installed the patch the game just gets to the "jedi acadamy" load page. then it stops. and when i uninstalled and reinstalled with no patch now the original files give me video errors and wont start. any ideas?

Gabrobot
11-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Yes! Dynamic Glow works at last! :)

eniaC
11-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Just got done playing on that linux-test v1.01.0 |128.104.203.70:29070| for a little over a half hour, it seems to be a nice improvement, I like the more accurate aim it takes to hit and blocking is way better.

So far I like. Havn't played SP yet though.

eniaC

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-11-2003, 05:17 AM
Be careful, once you install the patch you won't be able to connect to any 1.00 servers (which are 99.99% of the servers at the moment). I suggest you have a duplicate installation, keep one of them 1.00 so you can connect to unpatched servers for the next several days, and patch the other installation.

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Oct 29, 2003

1.0.1.0 (so it's newer than the Demo version which was 1.0.0.4)

Noticeable changes (NOTE: These are all MP based! I didn't try bots, ragdoll or vehicles yet, just a quick run through of FFA3 with the regular stuff):

-Punches now have a sound effect when swinging and you actually hear fist-on-flesh hit sounds during grapples with debugmelee. Wasn't able to test the "does nothing" grapple (just pressing both attack buttons with no direction), I'd probably need a willing victim... This SHOULD be the "choke hold" (that Kyle likes to do in SP) if it was done properly, but maybe they forgot to add it in again?

-Kicks now make a noise when used, not just when hitting, and this is noticable with the Staff kicks and Melee kicks as well as the kicks that are part of the staff moves.

-Cartwheels with the Single/Dual Sabers till missing their sound effects : (

-What others have said about the backwards roll needing "momentum" to work. It seemed a lot easier to do before, but a short run or quick jump first is usually enough to get it to work. Rolling several times in sequence (non backward rolls) requires several button presses, rather than just holding the buttons down (unless my memory is off you could just hold them down and do rolls forever in 1.0).

Everything else seems the same as before.

Note on Ragdoll, maybe I'm wrong but I thought Broadsword 1 simply turned all the ragdoll variables ON, whereas 0 turned them off. Changing it to other numbers shouldn't have a different effect... again, unless I'm wrong, but I swear that's how it worked.

have it downloaded and installed nothing much since ive been fighting bots.. singel saber on staff is now blue stance and the dual sabers are now yellow.. single to blue

You must be using a different version than I am because I'm using the update and Staff has yellow, Duals have blue, just like before, that hasn't changed. The moves are the same as well.

but the yellow dfa is now yawable (if thats a word) in mid air like it used to be in jo

I have NOT noticed this. I've tried spinning my mouse (which works with katas as it always did) but it doesn't work with the "Yellow DFA" (Flipping Attack, as its called in the documentation). The only time you could ever spin was at the very very end of the move when you were back on the ground with your saber held in the air (which was utterly pointless for scoring hits anyway). So it's always been "unspinnable" in JA.

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 05:24 AM
To get rid of the patch you should be able to simply reinstall JA.

If you want to run a dedicated server of 1.0 you can use the dedicated server exe's, downloadable from Lucasfiles.

But I'd say everybody needs to simply upgrade and that will solve the problem. The question is.. did they fix the server browser bug?

I guess only time will tell.. but it would be nice to hear an official confirmation from a Raven person! (hint, hint)

Andy867
11-11-2003, 05:40 AM
LucasFiles Now has the file posted! Download away!

eniaC
11-11-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
The question is.. did they fix the server browser bug?

I tried using the in-game browser, and only 2 servers showed. After I played for awhile there were 10 in ASE, not sure if they went up after I started playing or not.

eniaC

Andy867
11-11-2003, 06:00 AM
My guess is that very few servers have upgraded, and like 1.04, only the servers patched will show up, like mine :D. So, like the readme says, wait a few days before expecting to see a lot of servers. (some will be always skeptical... In fact, I heard some still use 1.02c in Jedi outcast..:confused:

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Andy867
LucasFiles Now has the file posted! Download away!

GOod!!!! Now i dont have to regester. :D

This patch better fix my dynamic glow problems.

Nemios
11-11-2003, 06:11 AM
Could someone try cg_fpls 1 to see if they included a trasparent skin for 1st person view, either in SP or in MP? If they did I'll finally buy this game...

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Well it must be working, I'm hosting a game from the "dedicated server" option in the new patched JAMP.exe and I have a guy in there right now playing.

It's a guy who's been to my server before though, so he might have just joined via IP, but you never know...

PS: I tried the attack+alt attack and it does NOTHING in MP (just like before) so the choke hold grapple was NOT added yet. Bummer...

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 06:15 AM
Update: My server is now almost full, all the guys said they saw my server in the in-game browser list.

Hope this is not just a fluke!

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 06:19 AM
WTF?!?!

IT DOESN'T FIX MY DYNAMIC GLOW PROBLEMS!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

IT WORKS FOR ATI CARDS BUT NOT NVIDIA CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And cheats doesn't work in SP!!!!

Andy867
11-11-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
WTF?!?!

hey, what are your system specs again? And Include everything... Processor, RAM, HDD, VIDEO CARD, Sound card, Operating System, version of drivers (if known) and are you running DirectX 9.0.

Also, I noticed that with my WIN32 Dedicated Server settings, it seemed to crash if I had bots enabled, but once I took the line out and removed the old syslogs from the gamedata\base folder, it seemed to run, although no one is on my server:( :( :(

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP2000+ 1.6 GHz
SyncMaster 151V Monitor
GeForce 4 MX 440 AGP 8X (With latest drivers)
DirectX 9.0b
CPU: 1650+ (not so sure)
512MB RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy

Akshara
11-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Hey Crow... what happened to Kurgan's server? LoL... just went Kablooey in the middle of the game...

-----

Fwiw... same thing happened on the Linux Test Server about 10 minutes earlier.

Astrotoy7
11-11-2003, 06:43 AM
WTF?!?!

are you serious crow ! now that super sux ! I'd prefer the chewbacca patch my mum sewed on my corduroys when I was 5 !

...proof that Raven responds to all the mp whiners out there(to an extent) though its good they fixed that 'server showing' thingy, that was just a plain old glitch they needed to fix quicksmart......

i'll go try it out and either: (being an sp player)
*not notice a difference
*it'll make things worse :(

time will tell....

*at least they fixed that 'continue with force maxed out' thing' ...

MTFWBYA

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Akshara
Hey Crow... what happened to Kurgan's server? LoL... just went Kablooey in the middle of the game...

Yeah, crashed. i was typing and suddenly.

"Connection Interupted" :p

I tried reconnecting but cant. Anyway, Kurgans server is down right now.

Miko Reglia
11-11-2003, 06:57 AM
my friend had some troubles with the patch, they said it wouldnt let her use some jk2 skins, anyone have this problem?

Akshara
11-11-2003, 07:02 AM
After playing against Bots using Saberstaff and FF for a couple of hours, here's some things I noticed and wrote down about the patch differences... and pardon me if they're repeats of earlier items:

*The saber animations are dramatically improved - tighter and cleaner.

*With the staff, the Strafe swings are much cleaner, as are the Left/Right Butterfly moves - so much so, that they almost seem like they've been reprogrammed or something.

*With staff, the Walk + Backpedal + Strafe attacks do seem to be much different than before. It could simply be an animation thing... but I've been using staff for awhile, and the moves overall seem to have more variation to them. Maybe they were just blocky before.

*The Backflip Attack is much easier to execute on the timing.

*I didn't change my graphics card or video settings at all, but everything seems to look much crisper than it did before. Seriously... I do have an ATI 9000 card, however; so maybe the update affected the aniosotropic settings or something. It is clearer here... like I turned up the resolution or something.

*The Kicks have swoosh sounds! And they're much more accurate and quicker... especially the Jump Kicks, which are finally useful. The stab after the Kick worked smoothly as well. Still no Hilt Bash though...

*Swings are much more precise, especially noticeable with the Roll Stab and Crouch + Strafe cross swings.

*Blocking works! I actually blocked a Red Stance swing without moving to the side for once.

*The backroll isn't as big a deal as one might think. It's still pretty easy to do, it just can't be spammed or done from a standing postion. Simply jump straight up quickly and then execute it as normal.

Well these were just my impressions... one major difference was that I seemed to play much better against my usual Jedi Master practice bots than I normally do. Could've just been excitement... but the whole experience was simply more enjoyable than usual.

I give it three thumbs up...

DarkangelFOG
11-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Still waiting for our server to show up in the list. Hope they fixed it.

I've played for a bit on 1.01, and -this- is the game I wanted. This is the way it should have been from day one. I am quite pleased.
All the movements, even walking, feels different to me. So much smoother. The transitions from move to move are easier, and much more fluid.

What they did with the roll, I like that. Just, makes sense to me.
Barrier seems to last for only half the time as it used to.
Each and every movement of the sabers seem to have sounds. You should hear Barrier. hehe.

Jawa model is still accessible. Guess they either forgot about it, or didn't classify it as an illegal model. Saber locks are still buggy. Nothing has changed with them. Which is a disapointment but, everything else seems to be great.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but in 1.00 Two Sabers seemed a little off with the damage. Too strong vs the other sabers, but it now seems to be balanced out. And, another thing that still remains, is the saber spinning around you after a throw occasionally. Meh, can't get everything fixed all at once.

Akshara
11-11-2003, 07:17 AM
Andy867 and Darkangel...

I just wanted to point out that when I look at Qtracker with a Basejka mod filter, all of the same servers I see in the ingame browswer are there.. but yours. The only difference is that your servers are running custom maps. If you're still not showing up after awhile, try loading a standard map and see what happens. Just a suggestion... might end up having no relevance at all.

Miko Reglia
11-11-2003, 07:43 AM
so im guessing no one has tried out any of their custom models to see if they work with the new patch?!?!:confused:

DarthCobra
11-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ShogunBlade
singel saber on staff is now blue stance and the dual sabers are now yellow.. single to blue

Unless you have different force points in saber attack. I only tried one an all not 2 force points. But I think your mistaken.

Originally posted by ShogunBlade

This only seems to spin at the tail end of the move, and far as I can tell it doesnt help much.

Will get around to testing this more I hope. But my initial thoughts are good. Butterfly no longer seems to kill scores of ppl at random. Staff random damage doesnt seem so sevear, or doubles for that matter (i admit i havent checked this with some good staff users). Single feels pretty much the same except for blocking seems to have been improved alot, and heavy stances seems a little more jk2'ish. Aside from the stupid change of this backroll crap I dont really have any problems with it as of yet.

Look fwd to hearing what everyone else has to say about it.

rut-wa jodar
11-11-2003, 08:13 AM
I think Raven have done an excellent job with the new patch. MP saber combat seems more fluid and movie like. My only slight disappointment is that saberlocks against bots are still very difficult to win. I was hoping that Raven would make saberlocks against bots a little more balanced. My poor mousebutton can`t take much more ;)

Gr8 patch Raven :D

Tesla
11-11-2003, 08:25 AM
Well no offical notice on the LucasArts site yet, but it seems legit. :)

Archonon
11-11-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Alexi Vocheski
so im guessing no one has tried out any of their custom models to see if they work with the new patch?!?!:confused:

Alexi, I tested all of my custom skins and models that I ported from JK2 and all of them worked for me.

razorace
11-11-2003, 08:33 AM
- The pickupable saber cvar now works in SP.

- The SP bug involving walking backwards isn't fixed.

From looking at the changed files:

- It looks like they fixed the bomb bug on t1_fatal.

- They did something to the ctf maps.

- They didn't pack things correctly. There's two seperate copies of the MP .dlls in the patch. Oh well. :)

- Did some minor changes to the MP setup menus

- Took out the compressed textures option of Video 1 in the MP setup menu? There was a compressed texture option?!

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Alexi Vocheski
my friend had some troubles with the patch, they said it wouldnt let her use some jk2 skins, anyone have this problem?

What will happen when your friend uses the jk2 skins?

The game will crash?

Astrotoy7
11-11-2003, 09:27 AM
OK - Ive downloaded it.....installed it

As Crow mentioned above

i cant get cheats on in SP anymore
ie devmapall not working anymore

AAARRRGGGHH !!! **runs around room screaming**

no cheats = no fun

I hope someonbe can tell me how to get them back up !

MTFBWYA

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 09:30 AM
I haven't try "helpusobi 1" yet.

PS: Without cheats what is the cheat master gonna do? :D

razorace
11-11-2003, 09:36 AM
SP cheats work fine with HelpUsObi 1 on my system

Is Saber throw different? You can't throw it close to your feet and the throw range is HUGE. I can reach half way across the Taspir map with it.

ZathrasKin
11-11-2003, 10:55 AM
has anyone been able to get more than 10 people actually in the game in FFA mode? Not including spectator. I don't seem to be able to join the game and get stuck in spectator mode.

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Press "esc" and go join game.

ZathrasKin
11-11-2003, 11:05 AM
i'm not THAt stupid. I've tried that many times, thats exactly what dosn't work anymore is what i'm saying

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Does this happens to all servers? Or just one?

i don't have any problems. :confused:

Alegis
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
the patch sounds very nice..quick quesytion: is the server list thing fixed?

Crow_Nest
11-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Could the AGP be causing the problem?

I'm supposed to have AGP 8X but the comp says i have AGP 4X.

What kind of crap is this? My card doesn't support AGP 8X?!?!?!

young Obi-Wan
11-11-2003, 01:02 PM
erm... I'm renting a dedicated Linux server, it seems to be 1.0.1.0 ( since weeks). now, the new patch sounds good, but when will the first Linux patch be out? does neone know? unless there won't be some Linux patch soon, there will only be a few servers to play on.

young Obi-Wan
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
and... what exactly does the Ragdoll thingy do?

<|FeaR|>Storm
11-11-2003, 01:32 PM
I have totally re-installed JK3 JA coz.. I couldnt connect to a lot of servers I play on.

This patch may be for the game but not for the hosted servers.

I'm not gonna install it untill they bring out the patch for the hosts too. say a clientpatch.

It sucks.. to be honest coz I had to re-install radiant aswell..

I'll wait till they got better support for host and clients.

Caret
11-11-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm really confused why release a patch which cannot be hosted on linux servers and also put up a test server called linux test. can we get this patch on to are hosting servers or not we use linux servers

ShogunBlade
11-11-2003, 02:36 PM
ok here goes:

when you use a staff and you change to a single blade you are not in yellow stance anymore... i assure you that is what happens the lil guage says blue

conversely if you use dual sabers with both sabers in hand your stance has been changed to yellow

i think you people need to look again

SirYawnalot
11-11-2003, 03:38 PM
I haven't tried MP yet, but it looks like he's right: I just played a little SP and the single-bladed staff uses blue stance, you can even use the uppercut move with it.

By the way, how do you use the g_pickupabledroppedsabers cvar? I set it to 1 and tried pressing Use to pick up sabers, but no luck. They just vanish as usual.

Andy867
11-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Have you tried walking over it like you would an Ammo pick-up or a shield booster?

Jawa8578
11-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Unfotunately the issues over being able to drain more health back than someone can take innff dueling, aswell as a flag carrier being unstoppable in s/o ctf have not been adressed.

JamieKirby
11-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Hiya,

I haven't noticed any performance difference with this new patch.

I have the following:

ASUS A7V8X (1012 Bios)
AMD AthlonXP 2600+ (333Mhz)
512MB DDR PC2700 (333Mhz)
ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128MB 8x (Using 3.9 Catalyst)

I have the settings all the way to the max running @ 1024x768, i never used FSAA or Aniso settings.

Well, it seems that putting it in the readme that it is fixed with the latest ATI drivers is wrong, its a bad thing, it is like false advirtizing or something like that.

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Alright!

*Downloads the patch*

I'll be back!

babywax
11-11-2003, 04:49 PM
Patch is great, lots of gameplay fixes. Feels a LOT more like single player now. Staff butterfly is still rigged though :(

JamieKirby
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Since i have nearly double the recommended settings for the highest quality, i want to know why i am getting major slowdowns with 'Dynamic Glow' on???

[Paladine]Steel
11-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by babywax
Patch is great, lots of gameplay fixes. Feels a LOT more like single player now. Staff butterfly is still rigged though :(

There's almost no fixes. Staff is still too powerfull ( with blue stance its more deadly now ) .
And there is still one big problem - no linux servers support.
Right now this patch realy sux!!!

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Ummm.... I'm having a problem. Where are the servers that run the patch?

LeopoldBloom
11-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Alright, it seems that there's one thing fixed - or changed, since it wasn't a bug - that's got me annoyed -if only slightly - since I first played the game... wallrunning on declined walls (not sure if that's the right word) is now possible (it wasn't before, or was it and I was just too dumb to notice?)! Wall climbing works, too! Sadly, no clinging is possible...
Also (but that might have been just my excitement) I enjoyed the saber battles with my training npc-Opponents (not talking about bots, haven't tried MP yet) definitely more, the blocking was better and so on, but I think this has been mentioned before...
I'm using the German version, and I know there are some differences to the US version esp. in getting dismemberment to work... I've always had to use 'g_saberrealisticcombat' - and that cvar is now gone and replaced by the 'g_sabermorerealistic' one... and that's write-protected! Damn it!
But I know there's a shortcut-workaround... so... I love this patch! Great work, Raven guys!

Miko Reglia
11-11-2003, 05:32 PM
well lucasarts now has the patch on their site, so its gotta be legit...

Akshara
11-11-2003, 05:44 PM
I don't seem to be able to join the game and get stuck in spectator mode.
Fwiw... I experienced the same behaviour a couple of times last night. Kept getting bumped back to spectator mode.

<|FeaR|>Storm
11-11-2003, 05:52 PM
(editted...)

When patch is installed the server you connect to gives the message. Server uses protocol 25.

My host tells me the server is updated, which is not so it seems.

Anyone got a linux patch?

Coz I got 2 copies of JA at the moment.

ps: Atx go back to yur fake fear, and dont start your BS here. This is not the place for your BS and your lies.

atx250
11-11-2003, 05:57 PM
HAHA storm get your facts right, i have been playing on patched servers all day, not all are windows based. works well too.

The original and REAL <|FeaR|>atx250

Akshara
11-11-2003, 05:58 PM
What kind of crap is this? My card doesn't support AGP 8X?!?!?!
Crow... you really gotta learn you system better - and pleas stop screaming about your graphics problem repeatedly in every thread.

Either you card is 8x AGP compatible or not, and you should be able to discover either in the original documentation or on the manufacturer's website. Also, your motherboard has to be 8x AGP compatible as well, and it might need to be enabled manually in your mobo's BIOS.... again check the documentation or manufacturer's website.

Basically you need the right card, with the right settings, in the right slot, on the right motherboard, with the right BIOS settings for everything to work [i]right[/]i.

:sheesh:

Xecutioner
11-11-2003, 06:02 PM
I cant connect to cetain servers...

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 06:10 PM

Does it say something about 'protocall 25'? That's because the server hasen't updated to 1.01.

Akshara
11-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Ok everybody... listen:

Once the patch is installed, you will only be able to connect to other servers running the same JA version, which will show up as the BaseJKA mod in most server browsers. The patch was released late last night, and the Linux server came out today... what that means is that it's going to take a few days or more for everyone to convert over to the new 1.01 patched version.

As as been suggested by Amidala from Chop Shop, if you don't want to get stuck in the middle here while all the servers scramble to update to the patch, then either simply wait a little while before applying the patch, or install a second unpatched copy of the game to a different location as a temporary solution.

It's not that big a deal... the server's are required to update to 1.01, you just gotta give them some time. Please be patient.

-----

PS... read this thread HERE (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117401) and scroll down to Amidala's explanation of how to easily setup two copies of JA.

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by young Obi-Wan
erm... I'm renting a dedicated Linux server, it seems to be 1.0.1.0 ( since weeks). now, the new patch sounds good, but when will the first Linux patch be out? does neone know? unless there won't be some Linux patch soon, there will only be a few servers to play on.

Please read my post here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1374241#post1374241

rut-wa jodar
11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by [Paladine]Steel
There's almost no fixes. Staff is still too powerfull ( with blue stance its more deadly now ) .
Right now this patch realy sux!!!

Their is always one :mad:

Andy867
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Please see my post here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117441)

about the updated dedicated server files for v1.011.

Prime
11-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by [Paladine]Steel
Right now this patch realy sux!!! Wrong twice.

eniaC
11-11-2003, 07:52 PM
To find the servers that are running the patch look for game "basejka" instead of "basejk".

Sabre9
11-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by eniaC
To find the servers that are running the patch look for game "basejka" instead of "basejk".

Nice find. Also, when using ASE, you can go to the 'Mods' switch, and check 'other'. I was about to post just that, but with the above, I'll add not only check 'other', but also look for "basejka" for game type, because there are a few 'blademods' also.

Right now, ASE sees 73 1.01 JKA servers @ 1640 EST...

DarkangelFOG
11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I don't believe the custom map has anything to do with it, but, that KOTOR flight school map might. I've noticed that if you don't have it and a server does, it'll download it. So, I'll try taking that out and see what happens.

Butterfly Kick with Staff has been changed. There is no longer that two second pause at the end of the move, it's quite smooth going from that move into another, or just running off. The damage for it, from what I've seen has also been changed, it takes two or three hits to kill someone with it, and not just one anymore. You sure he or she just didn't hit you in the head with it? Location counts.

I've seen some Linux updates for the new patch. They're out there. Just look for them. =)

And, I do not see what you people are saying about Staff going into blue stance. It's still yellow for me. And, two saber is still blue.

Sabre9
11-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by DarkangelFOG
And, I do not see what you people are saying about Staff going into blue stance. It's still yellow for me. And, two saber is still blue.

MP/SP difference?

What are they for MP?

Astrotoy7
11-11-2003, 08:36 PM
I think this patch was a bit rushed. They should call it "The Multiplayer Patch" coz it does *F* all else. Some of the MP changes of course were very important to correct glitches that should've been picked up in testing... ;)

The stated SP changes are trifling, and yes the dynamic glow issue has hardly been fixed, not for all ATI cards and definitely not for nvidia cards(poor dynamic Crow !)

I hope this doesnt mean there wont be anymore patches to follow !

ah well, i could gripe all day, but my ja still works fine, although devmapall is no longer valid for activating cheats of course...

*tempted to reinstall because he loves devmapall* (that rhymes)
[plz no replies/flames about how devmapall is no good and reloads alot of stuff, I know all that, its just a sentimental thing :violin: ]

MTFBWYA

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Sorry about the crash back there last night guys!

I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

Anyway it's back up now, same IP and now using the spiffy new 1.011 dedicated server, yay!

Yeah I've been hearing that they removed devmapall (I guess they really really don't want us to use it anymore huh?) and force us to use helpusobi 1 only now. So try that...

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 08:55 PM
PS: I'm still not sure what you guys are on about with this:

ok here goes:

when you use a staff and you change to a single blade you are not in yellow stance anymore... i assure you that is what happens the lil guage says blue

conversely if you use dual sabers with both sabers in hand your stance has been changed to yellow

i think you people need to look again

Duals and Staff both show "yellow" in default mode for me. When I turn off one Dual blade I get blue (without the kata). If I turn off one Staff I get yellow (medium) without the kata or yellow DFA.

It's exactly the same for me as with 1.0. I even tried the swings. Duals have blue for one blade off (Fast stance), same as single without the kata.

Staff with one blade off has yellow (Medium stance), same as single, without the kata or special move of course.

Now granted, I have Saber Attack Level 3 and Saber Defense Level 3 for both.

Are you saying that changing those levels now changes the stances you get with Dual/Staff? I'll have to try that, but I'm skeptical...

razorace
11-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SirYawnalot
By the way, how do you use the g_pickupabledroppedsabers cvar? I set it to 1 and tried pressing Use to pick up sabers, but no luck. They just vanish as usual.

After an opponent dies, just walk over to his saber, look at it (you'll see the use icon),and press your use button.

razorace
11-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by razorace
- They didn't pack things correctly. There's two seperate copies of the MP .dlls in the patch. Oh well. :)My bad. It looks like the game has a "working" copy that in addition to the original copy. - Took out the compressed textures option of Video 1 in the MP setup menu? There was a compressed texture option?! I asked Rich Whitehouse about it and he said that he thinks that compressed textures is on by default and that's why there's no longer an option for it.

razorace
11-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jawa8578
Unfotunately the issues over being able to drain more health back than someone can take innff dueling, aswell as a flag carrier being unstoppable in s/o ctf have not been adressed.

Try using Saber Throw. It's been twinked to allow much longer range.

acdcfanbill
11-11-2003, 10:20 PM
the damage from throw seems lower on average now, which is a good thing, cause they ended up doing 50 dmg alot of hte time, which is way more than jk2.

AnArKey
11-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
the damage from throw seems lower on average now, which is a good thing, cause they ended up doing 50 dmg alot of hte time, which is way more than jk2.

Even so far as to have one hit kills from 100/100 on a few occasions for me (V1.00).

DarkLord60
11-11-2003, 10:37 PM
This is sweet I love this patch!

shukrallah
11-11-2003, 10:57 PM
So has there been any bug reports with this new patch? Example, the guy who couldnt start JA after getting the patch.... or is that something to do with warez? I wonder tooooo much. :p :cool:

Astrotoy7
11-11-2003, 11:17 PM
I (stupidly now I realize) thought I would watch a movie using Media Player while running the game.

MP crashed and took windows with it (dang you M$!!!).

: (

too bad you cant use that great minimiser program K, gets you back onto a stable desktop to do as you please.... but if you are running an older OS, doing many things at once is a recipe for disaster.....

MTFBWYA

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 11:20 PM
I've noticed that because of the new 'blocking', it sometimes blocks into you, like a thrust and kills you instantly. Also, the staffs' butterfly seems to do much more damage, and now its one hit kill on occasions.

Just my two cents.

AgentDarthThor
11-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Patch isnt bad but ive noticed a few things that havent been mentioned here:

The illegal models that crash servas still work, dunno if they crash servas on connect now tho, as do models like r2d2 where the skin is kyle but sound is r2 :D

Katas now have sounds that can be heard by other players

The fast/blue saber spin taunt now has sound

Cant roll more than twice forward (as well as the known backward issues)

In a saber challenge in ffa, if player uses a 'custom' jedi model, their aura will glow the color they chose for the character either on the profile screen or via Char_color_ cvars. (Note I found if you use the 256 256 256 code to get all black, you will be jet balck in duel all over, 35 35 35 isnt much better) :mad: Oh well bad to good old reliable black shadowtrooper

The alternate katas I posted about still work :D

Blocks defintley seems to be more reliable, katas seem to be useful for defense as well as attack

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

The patch isnt bad...but could have been better...i.e. the semi completed siege map in the pk3's finished (since im on 56k that doesnt matta 2 much as siege is usually suicide unless theres <6 ppl) :P

shukrallah
11-11-2003, 11:38 PM
I played siege once on my 56k... not too bad. When there was a full server i couldnt do a thing :D i walked out of a room, and lagged right back in there... lol. But when like 5 people quit, it was good... 400 ping on average, if my memory is correct.

personally, i think the rolling sounds more realistic. Ill have to wait to actually check it out myself. And about the katas, just looking at the kata you can tell it SHOULD kill you... if it hits right. In real life that would definatly kill you... easy. :)

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 11:41 PM
AgentDarthThor, where you on a duel server? Did you see someone by the name of Rahl? By any chance? I think I saw you.

Andy867
11-11-2003, 11:44 PM
I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/comic/pictures/servers_10plus.jpg

and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.

Kurgan
11-11-2003, 11:48 PM
The patch isnt bad...but could have been better...i.e. the semi completed siege map in the pk3's finished (since im on 56k that doesnt matta 2 much as siege is usually suicide unless theres <6 ppl) :P

Explain.. it's done? Where can I find it??

Sam Fisher
11-11-2003, 11:51 PM
Explain.. it's done? Where can I find it??

I believe he's saying that he wanted the half-done star destroyer seige, finished, and in the patch.

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by AgentDarthThor

There is indeed a bug where only 10ppl can join a ffa server no matter what sv_maxclients is set to. The 11th and further players, will be placed in spectator mode and cannot jopin the game until a current player leaves. The /team cmd does not aelivitae this issue either.

Originally posted by Andy867
I must say I fail to see this bug, because I found servers that are running the newest patch and they have over 10 people in a match for FFA... In fact, one has 23 people in a 25 person server.

...and I know these are patched servers because the basefolder is basejka, and not baseJK which is pre-patch.

Andy, ASE doesn't differentiate between players and spectators (or bots for that matter), so there still might be only 10 players and the rest spectators.

I don't have access to a patched server at the moment, but it sounds like the default value for g_maxGameClients has been set at 10 by the patch. Server admins can check this by querying their server with "g_maxGameClients" in the console. The value returned should be 0. If it is 10 or some other number, send /set or /rcon set g_maxGameClients 0 and that should allow everyone on the server to play.

CK_EmPreSS
11-12-2003, 12:20 AM
If you're expecting this patch to dramaticly improve the game play.... too bad. It doesn't really do much. I do like the fix of the ghost saber clashes when using single from dual... that's about it. Any other saber combat fixes are pretty difficult to notice. It is certainly easier to land a kick using staff, though... but the kick still does basicly NO damage at all. Still, the saber damage is very inconsistant and still pretty glitchy.

I'd hardly call this much of a patch at all.

Thumbs way down on this one...

fallensith
11-12-2003, 12:48 AM
nice patch, ingame browser working finally :)

I'm not sure if the E-Web had this before, but they seem to have added a recoil to it.

also i like the rolling, more realistic.

Prime
11-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Playing around with bots, the damage seems to be up quite a bit, especially with red. Also, I seemed to be able to block a little bit better when not swinging.

I played some duels and FFA, and damage still seems to be a bit higher. If you get hit while not defending, it only takes two red hits to get killed.

Are others seeing this, or is it just in my head?

Overall, I like it. It doesn't do anything too drastic, which is probably for the best. The browser bug is fixed, which was the most important thing. :)

CK_EmPreSS
11-12-2003, 01:23 AM
I think it's in your head. I did some testing and overall the damage is pretty inconsistant still. I know they tried to do more with locational damage, but I noticed a swing in the leg actually did more damage than a swing to the head on a couple tests...

---------

Still, like I said time and time again.... The new patch would NOT remove the spinning of the barrier or other main special attacks. To all those nubs who kept saying it would, LOL I told ya so!

Crow_Nest
11-12-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Ummm.... I'm having a problem. Where are the servers that run the patch?

Use all seeing eye. :)

Andy867
11-12-2003, 03:46 AM
If you update your game, it will only show v1.01 I thought. Or is it just the server files.. Oh well, its one of them... Like Crow said, just use ASE and look for games with the filter of basejka and not BASEJK.

ogre_h
11-12-2003, 04:29 AM
Has anyone else lost dismemberment ability?

I had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5

Before the patch, I had dismemberment. Now nada. How can we get saberrealistic combat with the patch?
Is there another way?

Thanks

Crow_Nest
11-12-2003, 04:36 AM
try typing the dismember command into the "autoexec.cfg" file in your base folder. But may not work.

NOTE: If you don't have the .cfg file, look for "jaconfig.cfg" and rename it to "autoexec.cfg".

Kurgan
11-12-2003, 04:39 AM
had a shortcut with this cheat "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set g_sabermorerealistic 5 +devmapall +quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 5

I haven't tried this yet myself but I'm told that replacing devmapall with helpusobi 1 may solve the problem.

Apparently the devs didn't want us to keep using devmapall so they nixed it in the patch... go figure.

razorace
11-12-2003, 05:03 AM
I've noticed that with the patch, devmap (not devmapall) doesn't always work the first time you try it.

Nemios
11-12-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Nemios
Could someone try cg_fpls 1 to see if they included a trasparent skin for 1st person view, either in SP or in MP? If they did I'll finally buy this game...

Please, it's important. :(

razorace
11-12-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Nemios
Please, it's important. :(

I can tell from just the files that they didn't.

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-12-2003, 06:31 AM
Warmup is still broken. g_doWarmup 1 and g_warmup 45 do nothing, there is still no warmup period. Oh well, maybe in the next patch.

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 07:16 AM
OK now lemmy be the first to say somethin bad about this patch. I still get the damn invalid folder message on some servers. It is much better now but i still get them. I just goed and buyed the original after 20 ppl tould me that its cuz of my illegal copy. Now i buyed the original and its still there. ARGHHHHHHHH. Graphical fixes and bug fixes are all nice and good but for what use are they for me if i cant join half of the servers :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 08:06 AM
Ah take a look at this. I just went to a duel server (it was empty) and i took this screen.

http://ds.gamer.hr/pics/error1.JPG

CK_EmPreSS
11-12-2003, 08:35 AM
LOL you get the invalid folder message on some servers because those are running the wrong version, then.

--------
Right now few servers are running the patch anyway, but they will soon for sure. As far as patches go, it's good because it doesn't change much... but that also makes it bad imo. The inconsistant damage with sabers was something that really needed to be worked on. Example: sometimes a roll stab right in the back can kill in one hit and sometimes it wont. That needs to be dealt with. What I don't understand is why raven messed with the rolling. WHO CARES ABOUT ROLLING! They just went through all this trouble to make rolling more difficult than before and took out holding crouch while running to keep rolling. With all the little problems in the game I just find it amusing that they'd waste time messing with how players roll....

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Im not sure they are running the wrong version. Its the ingame browser i was joining from. And also i tryed from ASE a few servers and invalid folder appeared in 4 from 5 tryes. I was joining the basejka version with the protocol 26.

Just downloading the newest nVidia drivers to see if that will fix some of the problems i get on some maps :( :( :(

Andy867
11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Did you completely remove the beta from your PC. if anything, try removing the beta if anything remains, uninstall Academy, restart PC, and install after downloading the video drivers and update to the patch and see if that helps.

Kurgan
11-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Ok, as you know we have rules against posting about warez, so consider this your warning.

Anyway, completely remove any "illegal" versions of the game (leaked beta, warez, whatever) from your system. Next remove the Demo version (if you have it) from your system completely.

In fact, uninstall every single version of JA you have from your computer. Now you'll want to install the REAL game in a fresh folder.

Take the original CD's (for the full retail version of JA) and install them per the usual method.

Now get the 1.01 patch from lucasfiles.com (maybe the one you got was a corrupt patch or something?). Install it.

Restart your comp. Then try joining a server that's listed as basejka (1.011)

Check to see if your video card drivers are current.
Check to see that your DirectX version is up to date.

Needless to say you should remove any mods you had installed previously that might be screwing up the game.

Does it work now?

I've noticed that with the patch, devmap (not devmapall) doesn't always work the first time you try it.

I noticed this as well.. so it's not just me!

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Ok also iv done this:

I removed all traces from a beta from my computer. I removed the full version. I removed all maps etc. I removed any directory which had to do with JA. I goed to the registry and manually deleted everithing that has to do with lucas, sw, JA. Downloaded and installed the nVidia drivers version 52.16. Restarted my computer!

Installed the full retail JA. Installed the patch. Run JA. From 5 servers i try to join i get in 3 and get the invalid folder message on 2. From ASE from 5 servers i try to join 4 works on 1 get invalid folder.

My system specs are:

Athlon XP 2200+
512MB DDR333
nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 64MB DDR
WD 40GB 7200 rpm, WD 60GB 7200rpm
MSI KT3V (newest bios on it)

I hope this works itself out in a few days or im gonna ask my money back :( :( :( Payed allot money for something that dont even work :( :( :( :(

Andy867
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
well, if anything you can try Kurgan's server which is Legit and frag away on it. :D (little, sefless server promoting for ya Kurgan:) )

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Yah taht server works ^^. Donno why the others doesnt work then. Is the ingame browser showing also the old version?

*EDIT*: Also the stupid Linux server has a big bug in it. My friend has a server for his clan and he has put the new linux server today. Whenever somewone tryes to join his jk3 crashes. Its not only on his server on some other also! Is there a cure for that?

Prime
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
I can tell from just the files that they didn't. It is not included in the patch for the same reasons it wasn't included in the initial release.

IG-64
11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
what is the cheat master gonna do? :D

i'm sorry to say that the cheat master is starting to pass into the west (getting bored). While i will stay with lucas forums, don't expect any ground-breaking cheats soon, but i'll try the patch and see if i can get kicks to work with all types of sabers.
I seem content with my own enter cut-scene find and my saberstaff throw but i'll try to find more cheats for the public:)

Lord Death =RG=
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Ah i just checked a few things when joining a server and it seems that i cant connect to any server that is a Linux server from the 10 nov 2003. My JA always crashes on such servers or i get the invalid folder message. On the other hand i can connect to servers from the 24. oct and the 30. oct 2003. I dont understand that! How many version of that servers are there? :eek: :eek: :confused: :mad:

ogre_h
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Ok, what's the syntax of the dismemberment command that I should put in autoexec.cfg?

eniaC
11-13-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Lord Death =RG=
Ah take a look at this. I just went to a duel server (it was empty) and i took this screen.

http://ds.gamer.hr/pics/error1.JPG

I've had that same prob. on Yavin since I bought the game in Sept., well the first couple of weeks it worked fine, and it seems to be gone once again.
I do not know what caused and how I fixed it, it may be server side glitch/bug whatever.

Oh, and btw: I Have a legal copy w/ documentation to prove so

eniaC

TK-8252
11-13-2003, 02:49 AM
Does anyone know if this patch has fixed the hit box of the Jawa for multiplayer? I'm still not allowed to let people use the Jawa at the JK3Files server. :mad:

BTW, the only "illegal" models which were removed were the Luke and Kyle menu skins, which were the ones missing their lower body. (Which were not allowed at JK3Files either)

Crow_Nest
11-13-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by ogre_h
Ok, what's the syntax of the dismemberment command that I should put in autoexec.cfg?

I think its "g_sabermorerealistic [number]" or "g_saberrealisticcombat [number]"

Charlemane
11-13-2003, 04:25 AM
If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message.

Prime
11-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Charlemane
If server admins are running the new server exes without including the new assets3.pk3 file on their end, then people who try to join those servers with legit copies and the correct patch will get the invalid server message through no fault of their own.

Just pick another server if you get this message. IIRC, this happened a lot with 1.04 in JO. It wouldn't prevent you from connecting, but the gameplay was default 1.03. It shouldn't take to long for people to clue in.

<|FeaR|>Storm
11-14-2003, 01:02 AM
I have another problem with the patch.

I used to have a nice ping between 100-155 since my hosted server is in the states and im over in holland.

Anyway my ping now is 170-250... wot the heck happened ???

I'm very close in removing the dang patch coz I cant do a single thing on my server without lagging..

In a duel i hop and hop.. I used to be able to duel without lag.. now with the patch installed I get an abruptive high ping..

I think this patch needs to be patched. I know it took a few patches for JO back when it was new. But this is getting rediculous.. i cant beat anyone anymore.

Thank you..

Kurgan
11-14-2003, 02:26 AM
I have had a lot of lag lately as well, but I'm not sure if the patch is at fault or just my ISP.

Pings seem anywhere from 50-100 ms higher than usual.

I've always had lag problems on Siege Desert for the most part (laggier than the other siege maps or FFA, etc) and lots of connection interrupted on the worst days.

But I've played it on other servers with less problems, so it may just be me...

JDHannan
11-14-2003, 06:59 AM
seriously, my 3 friends can roll like bastards, but i roll 1/10 times in a fight. if i'm by myself, walking around, i can roll most of the time, but thats not very friggin useful.
i can roll sideways maybe 1/30(!) times
this is seriously horrible:mad:

SirYawnalot
11-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Hannan, you need momentum to roll now, like in SP. Just run for a bit before you roll. It's intended to limit roll-stab spamming I think, but it's brought with it a new set of problems.

<|FeaR|>Storm
11-14-2003, 08:44 AM
I never had any lag before, and I'm sure its not my isp.
My speed is DSL/2048 so thats not slow.

it must be the patch coz it happened after I installed it,

Abbas
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
It seems that the a couple of severe bugs that plague siege maps weren't fixed.

I'm talking about the disappearing bridge in Hoth: sometimes the bridge (one of the objectives of the map) simply disappears after being extended. This bug seems erratic but it mostly occurs when an AT-ST explodes nearby. Needless to say, without the bridge the walker cannot cross the deep shaft and attack the shield generator. Imperials may still win but the game is obviously unbalanced.

Another similar but even more severe bug occurs in the Desert map. One of the protocol droid parts (the arm located in the small room to the south west of the town) sometimes does not appear at all, thus the rebels cannot complete their mission.

These two bugs are well known to all the siege players although it seems that only certain servers are affected. Last week, I spent half a day playing siege on a German server and I had no problems at all; yesterday night, on a UK server, almost every time Hoth was launched we were plagued by the nasty bridge bug.

DarkangelFOG
11-15-2003, 02:00 AM
Roll.

A lot of people are complaining about this. Why?
I love the new roll method. It makes sense. And, it isn't that hard to do. You only need to take two steps, then roll. For a backwards roll, you make a quick jump, then roll. Makes the fights slightly more interesting. I hope Raven does not back out on that idea.

However, I do agree that we need a new patch. Already. Just a few things that need to be fixed, like well. The Saber damage...still. Before, I thought two sabers was too strong. Now, they don't seem to be as strong, but, staff seems to be stronger now.

I am thankful they have the master server list working. I think that was the main issue, and, let's be realistic here. We cannot expect them to fix every little problem in the game in one patch.

So, they changed the gameplay a little bit. Someone mentioned it was more like SP (the roll), which is great. I want to see more SP elements in MP. The NPC AI in MP could be better.

I am however disapointed about the flying, now. It feels completely different, but, I'll get used to it. Hm. What else is bothering me? Oh, the fact that a lot of people are complaining about this, that, and the other thing. It's a game. Have fun with it, that's what it was made for. It wasn't made for a community to pick it apart bit by bit.

One bug I really wish they'd fix is that saber throw glitch. That's about the only thing that really bothers me. But, it happens.

Anyway, I know I said complaining about the game bothers me, and I've complained a bit, but, I still would like to say thanks to Raven for making such a great game, and doing their best to fix our problems with it. They could have not patched it. Screw it, we have their money, end of story. Weee. But, no. They're fixing it for us. So, again. Thanks, Raven.

Andy867
11-15-2003, 05:41 AM
Actually, I feel like the saber damage is quite accurate, I mean, obviously people need to continuously improve their skills in order to meet today's fast paced environment of new players, and with that comes new methods, so just learning those methods are honing on current strengths will help even against the ridiculed staff. I say ridiculed because all in Outcast, people were wanting it but not the cheats, and now that they have it, they are complaing that its too strong, and blah blah blah. If you had any skills, you wouldnt need to complain except for the real bugs.

Coraith
11-15-2003, 04:27 PM
This *moan* is from a MP perspective as I finished the Sp game in a day on Master and that was the last time I played SP.

The only "bug" that really bothers me is (excuse how I describe this as I do not know the technical jargon) the way that at least once a duel my saber goes right through my opponent without causing any damage.

This mostly happens with Red Stance Single Saber, but as that is my main Stance I can't speak for Staff Sabers and Duel Sabers.

It is by far the worst "bug" in the game, Saber damage can be changed by the host of any server veer config files, Clans can remain Single Saber only Clans, if they think the Staff and Duel Sabers are unfairly balanced or whatever.......but this "bug" takes all the skill out of a Duel.

If I lose to a Newbie player with a Staff because I didn't get out the way in time then that's fine and part of the fun but if I lose because my Saber cut through his mid section without damage...well that just makes my pissed off. Then add to the fact that this happens all day every day on almost every duel at least once.....I am starting to hate it.

All I ask is that if my Saber touches flesh it burns them.....is that too much to ask???

I know of at least one Raven Employee who reads these Forum Boards and if your listening I would love to know if they are, one aware of this "bug" and two going to do anything about it in the near future..i.e next patch.

Other than that big problem I love the game, and I loved Jk2 1.04 (never played the other versions), the other bugs don't bother me so much, would be nice to see Yellow Flip attack (other wise known as butterfly or yellow DFA) do some damage...at the moment it only serves as a quick way to avoid an attack.

So if we could have Sabers act like Sabers I'll be a happy man.

atx250
11-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Not a rant, but i would like to know why the one duel limit on FFA.

Bring on the mods, Pu Lease.

[EDIT]

YES YES, i want my yellow dfa back, it has no balls at the mo.

atx250

<|FeaR|>Storm
11-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Well since we all *moan* Coraith hehe I wanna moan too.

I am mainly a single saber duellist and my point of view and my own oppinion is that staff or doubles are for noobs that got no skills and just want to win without making a real effort.

I've seen the same bugs with single too, I use yellow and red stance for most of my attacks. And believe me when I say it aint doing much. My saber has gone thru a lot of places on an opponent and still no damage? what the heck.. I just allmost immediately loose my fun.

I also know that this is just the first patch and like JO there were others before 1.04, I like Coraith dont know the previous patches of JO either. But I would have expected JA to be a lil better.

And whats up with only 1 private duel on FFA, most of the clans have FFA on but are more a duel clan. I know what most say and thats set it to duel.. But are you willing to stay hours and hours online in a waiting row just for 1 duel. I dont. I liked the multiple duels on FFA on JO. I would gladly see this happen on JA aswell.

I'm not here to offend anyone but im just a lil bit disappointed in a few things about JA. I was really hoping it be better, dont get me wrong. the models, textures and other stuff look great and way better. But somethings can use a change.

Cheers :)

jangofett804
11-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Um... dunno if its been yet discovered but i think the patch lets you use boba fetts flamethrower (it replaces force lightning)

ondrahosek
11-15-2003, 07:10 PM
How? What should I type into the console?

Frizz3000
11-15-2003, 08:31 PM
When ever i i press multiplayer on the start menu everything loads up up to the screen saying Jedi Knight : Jedi academy . then it says

JAMP has caused an illigal operation

Details:

JAMP caused an invalid page fault in
module JAMP.EXE at 0167:004ddc60.
Registers:
EAX=00000401 CS=0167 EIP=004ddc60 EFLGS=00210202
EBX=4018daf8 SS=016f ESP=01c5e0a8 EBP=01c5e0f4
ECX=02e63e54 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=4f57
EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=02f68010 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 06 53 33 db 3b c3 74 11 e8 42 05 00 00 8b 0e
Stack dump:
004dfc98 02f68010 01c5e0f4 4018daf8 4018d970 01c5e104 00000000 00000000 00424a82 01c5e138 4018d970 4018d878 4018daf8 01c5e0e4 4002740e 000000d0

---------

Help...

wok1

jangofett804
11-16-2003, 01:34 AM
How? What should I type into the console?

just type in helpusobi 1, then use the setforceall 9 and playermodel boba_fett codes. Now if you use force lightning as boba, it should work. If only it were the same w/ the scepter...:fett:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/285791/shot0002.jpg
see for yourself, it works :D

SpecialForces
11-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by <|FeaR|>Storm
I have another problem with the patch.

I used to have a nice ping between 100-155 since my hosted server is in the states and im over in holland.

Anyway my ping now is 170-250... wot the heck happened ???

I'm very close in removing the dang patch coz I cant do a single thing on my server without lagging..

In a duel i hop and hop.. I used to be able to duel without lag.. now with the patch installed I get an abruptive high ping..

I think this patch needs to be patched. I know it took a few patches for JO back when it was new. But this is getting rediculous.. i cant beat anyone anymore.

Thank you..

I get 3 to 10 fps and 500 to 800 ping on jk2!!
And I still allways come out on top in ctf with 1000 to 2000 points!
SO DONT COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!

and another thing...
there is NO WAY IN HELL the patch causes that...
ping matters ONLY with the type of internet and the computer speed witch affects fps.

SirYawnalot
11-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by jangofett804
just type in helpusobi 1, then use the setforceall 9 and playermodel boba_fett codes. Now if you use force lightning as boba, it should work. If only it were the same w/ the scepter...:fett:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/285791/shot0002.jpg
see for yourself, it works :D

So is that basically the same as ordinary lightning but with the flame visual effect, or is it proper uber-deadly Boba fire?

Crow_Nest
11-27-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by SirYawnalot
So is that basically the same as ordinary lightning but with the flame visual effect, or is it proper uber-deadly Boba fire?

It is. :) Try it if you dont belive me

SkinWalker
11-27-2003, 04:28 PM
A problem I've experienced consistently since installing the patch is that when JA loads, it hangs on the opening screen (the one that has "Jedi Academy..." etc. on it).

I figured out that I can "switch" applications by using the Task Manager, but the TM doesn't come up. I have to do the key strokes from memory.

It's a bit frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced this? I scanned the thread and didn't see anything even similar. The issue might not even be related to the patch.

I do, however, notice more strange artifacts the the textures in the game now, though.

I'm using a Windows 2000 Professional operating system, btw.

Kidso
11-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Before the patch I did this and it worked fine but now it screwes up as well as doesnt spawn npcs, when I started the game I was a rancor, lol!!!! Anyone know what the hell is going on? Why don't cheats work, I put in Setforceall 3 and I get all the stances for like 2 seconds and then it goes to blue one handed stance. Any light on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Kidso
11-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Before the patch I did this and it worked fine but now it screwes up as well as doesnt spawn npcs, when I started the game I was a rancor, lol!!!! Anyone know what the hell is going on? Why don't cheats work, I put in Setforceall 3 and I get all the stances for like 2 seconds and then it goes to blue one handed stance. Any light on these subjects would be greatly appreciated.

Crow_Nest
11-29-2003, 07:31 AM
bind 2 different keys for changing stances,

Eg. "L" and mousewheeldown.

Thats my bind, so i just have to press "L" and mousewheeldown and i will change

Kidso
11-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Ok let me get this straight, you have to press two keys at once to switch stances with cheats on? If so that is very stupid, I don't get it Raven why wreck a good thing, leave the damn cheats the way they were, don't **** with things that don't need fixing. There is more then enough stuff that needs fixing without them ****ing with other ****.

SkinWalker
11-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Ahhh... figured out the Startup Screen hang problem.... it was ZoneAlarm. The updated version changed the exe and ZA didn't recognize it.

Removed the old JA MP profile in ZA, then "Add"ed a new one. Problem solved.

I still get video artifacts like the ones in the attachment. More now than before the patch. Does anyone know of a console command to reset graphics while still in the game?

lazoras
11-30-2003, 09:01 PM
ok i downloaded the patch and i noticed a few things that still have to be fixed and someother things that have been.

i noticed they changed saber blocking and im not sure what they did with blocking saber throw but it seems random now. they still need to fix the bullet problem where the charactor blocks if bullets are shot anywhere around him. thats a problem it should be only when shot at him lol. i dont know if this is a bug or not but i noticed sometimes when i do wall jump i get stuck on the wall (i hate that) . they still havent changed the stegnths of the sabers and theres still alot of ass fighting. i personaly think the sabers should be a little more powerful like they were in JO. i hate having to hit somone 3-5 times when they only have 100/25 hp with the strongest regular attack i have. for instance Red DFA should take all or atleast most of somones HP. standard straight down swing with red should take two full swings. and i noticed if you get too close to somone you dont take any damage. that needs to be fixed. actualy i dont see any new changes in the game so maybe it is a fake. ill see if i can get in contact with somone in raven to talk to them :)

Andy867
11-30-2003, 11:25 PM
You could always use the saberdamagescale if you want them to be more powerful. Why ask for yet another patch, when pettily stuff like that can be changed by the user. Actually, with the wall jump/grab. it seems to have been changed, and there is more features than what most have even tried, so before bothering Raven again, make sure to try the different gametypes and notice the differences.

Kurgan
12-01-2003, 02:58 PM
actualy i dont see any new changes in the game so maybe it is a fake. ill see if i can get in contact with somone in raven to talk to them

If it's a fake it's fooled LucasArts because they have it for download on their own site. ; )

Anyway, the reason you're so confused is because you're expecting gameplay changes (like the JK2 patches), but the vast majority (99%) of the changes in the patch are BUG FIXES and EXPLOIT FIXES, not changes to gameplay.

SirYawnalot
12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Yeah, it's like the week-after-release-bug-fix-patch we SHOULD have got. Only they took a lot longer, and added lots of other shibby stuff. And disabled some peoples' cheating ability. :)

Kurgan
12-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes and if you want EXTRA DAMAGE SABERS (like Amidala & I use) try g_saberdamagescale # (Raven suggests 2 or 3 for non Duels, 1 if you like long duels.. I use 2, Amidala uses 5) just like Andy said.

Keep in mind that ever since JK2 1.04 we've had "weak sabers" by default (and oversight designed to appease "movie duelers"). Simply change that number to 2 and it'll be more like how you remember from JK2 out of the box (1.02).

This makes sabers useful weapons in guns games and where you want fast kills instead of slowly dueling each and every person on the server. ; )

Solo4114
12-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Hey, Kurgan,

Does the tracesaberfirst 1 thing still work? I'd like to have high blocking, but absolutely LETHAL sabres (which to ME is more like movie fighting -- one of the ways that you know Dooku is a badass with the sabre is that he can simply nick people with it, rather than just cleave limbs. That means he's got SERIOUS control of the sabre).

Also, in the past, when I tried to run a bot game and then enable the damage and blocking stuff, it told me I didn't have permission to do that. What gives? Thanks for the help!

razorace
12-02-2003, 08:52 PM
It's still in there, but it's a dirty hack to make up for some issues with slower server fps. I wouldn't use it since it will allow saber on saber collisions to occur straight thru bodies.

Solo4114
12-02-2003, 11:17 PM
So there's no real way to increase blocking then? Hmm...

Wester547
12-03-2003, 02:05 AM
On any computer I have I try to patch jedi academy too, the patch installs fine, I start up the game, and once I have all three saber styles in single player mode with a single saber, I can only browse through all three styles once, because once I try to go from blue to yellow a second time it just reverts back to blue!!!! WTF??? Does anyone else have this problem with v1.01 of JA? It's really annoying, and yes, my comp is running fine, I have all the latest drivers, the specs of my comp are:

P4 2ghz
512MB RAM
Radeon 9500 Pro
SBA Gamer
WinXP Home
Two 40GB HDS
DSL
ETC

What's wrong???

:confused:

Any ideas??? Please respond! Thanks!!

Crow_Nest
12-03-2003, 04:27 AM
Everyone has the same problem, but its easy to fix. :)

Just bind 2 different keys for changing stances.
Eg. "L" and "Mousewheeldown". (Thats what im using)

All i have to do is press "L" and mousewheeldown and i can change stances.

Wester547
12-03-2003, 01:57 PM
Hey, thanks man! I'll try it out soon. :)

Jobie
12-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Well your right, so thanks for workin that one out.
But its really clumsy, IS there no way to fix it (with bindind maybe?) or with yet another patch?

Squee-sithguy
12-05-2003, 08:02 PM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118608

:D
thats in case you already missed it :p

MrDomin0
12-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by DarkangelFOG
Roll.

A lot of people are complaining about this. Why?
I love the new roll method. It makes sense.

I'm going to have to go and disagre with you there. It's really not hard at all to roll in any direction from a standing position in real life. I also think it's a little silly to limit that in game as you really can't rollstab "spam" per se considering it saps your force pool. I'm a little tired of games lowering the bottom line so as to make up for a lack of patience and skill.

SpecialForces
12-12-2003, 03:55 PM
From what I have heard, I dont think any patches will improve gameplay. They just fix bugs. (It can if it fixes an anoying bug)
Mods can.......

YvesRene
12-17-2003, 01:14 AM
I have a problem with the patch...

When I log onto Multiplayer, the game sometimes crashes and tells me there is a problem. If someone uses the Matrix punch with me, the game crashes and if I try to log onto the FFA2 map, the game crashes. It keeps asking me to send an error report, and I did, but it's becoming a problem. I reinstalled the game to see if it just needed reinstalling and tested everything out without the patch and the game never crashed. I reinstalled the patch and it crashed during the same things. For single player mode, I can't even start a game. As soon as the title screen goes away and they show the ship flying, the game crashes. It has happened each time. When I did it without the patch, the game didn't crash once.

I am running the game on an
AMD Athlon 2800+
256 ram
TNT2 Video Card
Windows XP
and I have 20 gigs of hard drive space.

Help anyone?

Crow_Nest
12-17-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by SpecialForces
From what I have heard, I dont think any patches will improve gameplay. They just fix bugs. (It can if it fixes an anoying bug)
Mods can.......

The patch made the game worse.

Kurgan
12-17-2003, 03:43 AM
How did it make the game worse?

Crow_Nest
12-17-2003, 09:27 AM
How did it make the game worse?

I told u before.

Kurgan
12-20-2003, 03:55 AM
Ok, tell me again, 'cause I forgot...

Crow_Nest
12-20-2003, 04:06 AM
Ok, tell me again, 'cause I forgot...

First it screwed up the stance cycle, it made rolling harder in MP. Removed the rolling stab bug. Not easy to get dismemberent to work.... and more maybe

Kurgan
12-20-2003, 02:54 PM
I agree with you on those, however I still say that it fixed more bugs than it created.

What was the "roll stab bug"? And why is it bad that it was fixed, if it was a "bug"?

Just curious.

DungeonShade
12-23-2003, 06:12 PM
I just patched my game and whenever I try to join a game it freezes my computer at the browser screen and I have to reboot.

Radeon 9000 Pro
Windows XP

Never had any probs with 1.0 and single player runs fine.

Nuke
02-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Workaround:

You need to install JKA on the same logical drive (partition) where your windows directory is (usually C:). At least thats how I solved that problem.

This seems to be a bug.

Avitor
02-10-2004, 11:57 PM
When I first got Jedi Academy I was running a Celeron 1.7GHz, 512MB PC2700, and a PCI GeForce4 420MX all on a Shuttle AS45GT/R mobo. Things got choppy occaisionally but for the most part the game ran well. Due to school I took a couple of months off from playing JA. This past month I rebuilt my machine with a Pentium 4 3.06GHz, 1GB of Corsair XMS PC2700, an Abit IC7 875P chipset mobo, and a Sapphire 256MB Radeon 9600XT. I'm running DirectX 9 and once I installed the game I immediately installed the patch and I haven't had a single problem running the game at the highest graphics levels. I remember hearing about a lot of problems with ATI based cards back before the patch. Have they all been solved?

Crow_Nest
02-11-2004, 08:42 AM
I think all ATI bugs with the game has been fixed in the patch, but you will still get white flashes if you type "r_atihack" in the console.

It disabled dynamicglow and i got white flashling thingys, and im not using an ATI card.

hgwall44
02-23-2004, 10:15 PM
well ive noticed a big thing for me is im losing the occasional duel to a staff when i should have won. I love the single and im getting better with the staff and dual. Also I noticed when i fight the staff with my single i will get easy hits that just go straight threw them sometimes. This is annoying since it could be a big hit for me to win the duel. If this is possible to fix that would be cool

Crow_Nest
02-24-2004, 06:59 AM
You cant just walk threw an enemy with ur staff or dual sabers, use the butterfly (staff) or the forward attack thingy (dual sabers)

Darth Evol Baby
04-15-2004, 05:26 AM
Wow, talk about a thread!

I was about to d/load the patch but heck no!

Did it ever get figured out correctly?

Andy867
04-15-2004, 05:58 AM
Well, despite what people have said, the majority have said the patch had more improvements and fixes then just leaving the game as is

cjcr12
06-09-2004, 05:17 PM
someone told me to reinstall my academy game and update the game, but can someone take the time to send me a game saved of the bast castle after jan and kyle destroy the top of the reactor? arte@decolage.com my game sends me a no spawn entities error.

Kurgan
06-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Just use cheats and warp to the map, then save it again. You can use cheats to give you everything you may have had at that point anyway.

Drog
06-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Acctually i think v1.0 was the best , cus there were bugs i liked in it :D

ghod7
06-21-2004, 09:15 AM
ive just got this game for fathers day should i download all the patches?

Crow_Nest
06-21-2004, 09:38 AM
You can play the whole single player and complete it without the patch, but if you want to play online, you have to use the 1.01 patch.

The link is here (http://jediknight.filefront.com/file.info?ID=20459)

HalfSwedeLarz
06-21-2004, 11:24 AM
i downloaded it but then i couldnt play on any online servers anymore except a jk3files server and i always play online without the 1.01 patch

Kurgan
06-28-2004, 01:37 AM
That makes absolutely no sense, considering only 2% of JA servers are still running 1.0 !

Are you sure you're not filtering some out and you've set the right ports? How many servers are displaying in your browser/ASE/qtracker?

Crow_Nest
06-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
i downloaded it but then i couldnt play on any online servers anymore except a jk3files server and i always play online without the 1.01 patch

You gotta be more specific, what do you mean by you cant play on other servers? Do you get some kind of error message? Or does the game crash/hang?

HalfSwedeLarz
06-29-2004, 12:31 AM
no when i play without th 1.01 patch there are lots of servers open but when i download the 1.01 patch and try to go into servers there is only 1 server available

Crow_Nest
06-29-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by HalfSwedeLarz
no when i play without th 1.01 patch there are lots of servers open but when i download the 1.01 patch and try to go into servers there is only 1 server available

Then use some softwares like the All seeing eye like Kurgan posted :) You get plenty of servers.

HalfSwedeLarz
06-29-2004, 08:23 PM
uh ok?

Kurgan
07-02-2004, 01:06 PM
Get new list and refresh. You should be getting WAY more than 1 server.

Did you set the filter to "Internet" and "all"?

HalfSwedeLarz
07-02-2004, 06:50 PM
yea well sometimes the refresh and stuff and get new list dont work or maybe its loading? i will try agin

Crow_Nest
07-06-2004, 05:32 AM
Some people reported that they dont have the saber cycle stance with the 1.01 patch, while most of us does. Like my friend, he installed it told me he doesnt get it. How is it possible?

HalfSwedeLarz
07-19-2004, 10:02 PM
my 1.01 patch is working now. and saber cycle?

Nokill
01-06-2005, 10:54 PM
is it maby also posible that jka got a bug that crashes the game after some time in a game, chancing name, calling up the menu barr or yust doing nothing?
becouse i got that bug and i can't play jka for long tiems or not at all :(

Andy867
01-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Does your friend have any mods installed? If so, they may not have the proper coding for the 1.01, which could affect the game if the mod was made before the patch was implemented.. any mods made after the patch should work, assuming they were made properly.

lerk
07-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Anyone knows what this means??

cl_parsepacketentities

a message warning appear when im connecting to a server.
If someone know how to fix it plz send me an e mail

pepo_008@hotmail.com

thehomicidalegg
07-10-2005, 04:26 AM
it means you are not using the original cd

razorace
07-10-2005, 12:22 PM
OR playing a mod where the networking has been alter AND you're not running the mod's client plugin.

Kurgan
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
OR playing a mod where the networking has been alter AND you're not running the mod's client plugin.

Good point. Without that bit of info we'd all think people were just warezing the game or using CD cracks. I'll keep that one in mind...

riceplant
07-10-2005, 08:34 PM
I suppose it would be too much to ask for a list of all the changes in the patch in one place? I've read through this thread, but there are lots of confusing and even contradictory posts. Add to that my bad memory, and I don't know whether to download at all.

(I gather that one advantage of the patch is that you can play on Kurgan's server, though, which I would like to try. I can only find FFA Duel servers)

EDIT: About the rolling thing, how do you mean, making it so that you have to be running to roll like in SP? You can easily roll from a standing start in any direction (Except right. I have great problems rolling to the right. Any ideas?).

shukrallah
07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, it fixes that nasty server list bug.. so its probably best you update. If it messes up your JA (which it shouldn't cause... I assume your using a legal copy) you can just uninstall and reinstall.

Kurgan
07-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by riceplant
I suppose it would be too much to ask for a list of all the changes in the patch in one place? I've read through this thread, but there are lots of confusing and even contradictory posts. Add to that my bad memory, and I don't know whether to download at all.

(I gather that one advantage of the patch is that you can play on Kurgan's server, though, which I would like to try. I can only find FFA Duel servers)

EDIT: About the rolling thing, how do you mean, making it so that you have to be running to roll like in SP? You can easily roll from a standing start in any direction (Except right. I have great problems rolling to the right. Any ideas?).

You can usually roll from standing, but you have to press the keys every time, not just hold them down like before. Backrolling you have to have momentum to do it (backwards roll). Playing as a "Merc" (in Jedi Vs. Merc) or non-Jedi in Siege, you typically run somewhat slower, and so rolling is harder. You need momentum to roll, so you have to start running or be falling forward to do it.

The fixes are mostly listed on LucasArts's support pages for the game where you download the patch.

They made Siege slightly more stable and I believe they made it so that the Force Crystals in Korriban only prevent the use of Force Speed (I think before they nixed all Force powers except Jump) while being held. Boba Fett (if you transform into him using cheats in SP) has a flame thrower in place of Force Lightning...

Vehicle control was slightly improved from 1.0.

Also the "lock on rocket bug" that was present in JK2 MP, has finally been removed (so you can't lock onto somebody, switch to another weapon, switch back and fire and thus use up only 1 rocket ammo for the seeker rocket and it's as fast as a normal rocket anymore).

They removed "devmapall" as a toggle for cheats in SP. Now you are forced to use the (alternate method) "helpusobi 1".

There was a slight issue with the saber cycling if you use cheats in single player to give yourself more saber stances (just like in the Demo). This can be resolved (I'm told) with special key binds. I haven't played SP in so long I don't really remember them but Crownest knows. ;)

In 1.01 the Melee attacks in MP have sounds now. Punches, kicks, and grapples were silent in 1.0!

Most of the fixes weren't very noticable in MP and gameplay isn't really affected except for the roll thing. Driver fixes and such.

The server browser fix was the single biggest thing it really did IIRC. That was a huge mistake to ship the game without fixing that!

oosher
07-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi

I'm having some problems with jedi academy, but i'm not sure if it's due to the 1.0.1 patch or not! Here is a link to a thread I posted on the technical forum:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149995

Really want this to work. Thanks in advance guys!

KyleOfHarpenden
04-17-2006, 11:08 AM
well My jka's not working with 1.01 theres 1 server and it wont let me on i put all my filters on all but wont work so i say stick with 1.00 its much better every1 knows every1 a nice happy time;)

Emiel Regis
08-30-2006, 05:31 AM
I hope some developer reads this - anyway botrouting on linux dedicated server leaks memory like a sieve - would be good if someone from Raven fixed that...

ensiform
08-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Well if you are refering to the .wnt files, that can be fixed in the server module and I believe OJP has already fixed that. I should also point out that raven loves to use strcpy in many occasions instead of Q_strncpyz which can be very bad and is no doubt the cause of the botroute problem.

papercut
11-02-2006, 05:29 AM
the model patch 1.01 or watevr is very old, like 2004! and there waz nothin new! i really need the next patch coz i download mods, and it gets away my my characteres, tavion stormtrooper etc and wen i trie to spawn smethin it crashes! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!! plz

papercut
11-02-2006, 05:33 AM
also, i cant find any more skin packs made by hapslash, he's a really good makin skin pak things, Anakin etc

tephlon
03-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Does anybody think it's possible that LA will make another patch?

razorace
03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Nope.

Your best bet is using unofficial patches made by the community.

Jason Skywalker
10-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Lawl, sorry for the revival, but, about the patch, if i install it, everything works fine and all but, i can never get to the last level, NEVER. Unless i don't install it or take it out.

Advice people?

ensiform
10-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I hope you start over after installing the patch and not using saved games from 1.00