PDA

View Full Version : WIP: "Republic Gunship"


NeoMarz1
11-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Well the Zam Speeder is pretty much done, so I'm now going to put the Republic Gunship ingame.

1) I dont know if it will be very playable due to its size.
2) There probably isnt any way to put passengers in it, but will see.
3) I will probably have a finished product sometime in this coming weekend:D

If your curious... just jump over to my website, and youll see the finished mesh;)

http://www.geocities.com/neomarz1@sbcglobal.net/

Miko Reglia
11-14-2003, 02:32 AM
dude that thing is awsome...bummer that it wont be flyable, but your sorta right, cause those things are really huge...

anyway great work man, you keep comin out with these models one after the other:cool:

DarkLord60
11-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Now you should be able to play it in AOTCTC. We are unsure though.

NeoMarz1
11-15-2003, 03:23 AM
well we got it ingame, and I must say that it isnt as bad as you might think (at least as a speeder bike model)... The scale may be a bit small so I may tweak it up later, unfortunately I havent got it to work as a ship yet, i think the size has something to do with it. The error comes up when the game boots up a map... Error:"vehicle extensions to large (veh.)"

anyhow here are the screens
http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/rpgx1.jpg
http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/rpgx2.jpg
http://www.aotctc.com/forums/files/rpgx3.jpg

Usurpo
11-15-2003, 05:05 AM
Look'n good...gota say a few things though.

1) The front should be a little more rounded, and the cannon tubes should be just a tid-bit shorter...[ http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/img/movie_bg.jpg ]

2) I assume sense you based if off of you swoop, it fires lasers for this reason...in actuality, though, the main weapons were the duel rocket launchers at the top. The secondary might be to fire the f'ord cannons...

3)I have looked at a post somewhere, and it is possible to assign a certain weapon to an individual. For instance, someone made it so the lambdashuttle is controled by a pilot, and 2 [or 3] gunners. Each gunner controls a gun. Thus, it is possible...I reccomend you talk to our fellow modellers and make this into a joint project, so you can do the gun thing

DarkLord60
11-15-2003, 05:51 AM
Wow I haven't seen the new skin update. Have you showed anakin this. He'll be impressed.

NeoMarz1
11-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Wow I haven't seen the new skin update. Have you showed anakin this. He'll be impressed.

Well I decided to use some new techiques that I have picked up as of recent. It does look better eh?

I discovered why no one has tried to do anything with this model, I found texture errors, and other mistakes. We may want to use both of these recent models for our maps (since I have worked out most of the bugs). Mars out

NeoMarz1
11-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Usurpo
Look'n good...gota say a few things though.

1) The front should be a little more rounded, and the cannon tubes should be just a tid-bit shorter...[ http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/republicgunship/img/movie_bg.jpg ]

2) I assume sense you based if off of you swoop, it fires lasers for this reason...in actuality, though, the main weapons were the duel rocket launchers at the top. The secondary might be to fire the f'ord cannons...

3)I have looked at a post somewhere, and it is possible to assign a certain weapon to an individual. For instance, someone made it so the lambdashuttle is controled by a pilot, and 2 [or 3] gunners. Each gunner controls a gun. Thus, it is possible...I reccomend you talk to our fellow modellers and make this into a joint project, so you can do the gun thing

To be honest, I didnt know which way to go (since I have seen two different weapon types used overhead for two different models)... Yeah the front needed to be rounded, but the ship is already using a monster amount of polys (since I modeled the interior as well). The screens just happen to be the wrong angles, it actually does look better as you move around the front. Mars out

tFighterPilot
11-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Yeah, it does look great, but you can walk through it, and it's a speeder type vehicle.

Fix it.

t3rr0r
11-15-2003, 02:34 PM
the lambda shuttle is larger than the gunship (20m compared to 17.4m), so size shouldn't be the problem.

Usurpo
11-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Thats not nessicarily a bad thing. If the middle of the craft, the part where people walk though, is not of the vehicle, it could hold ALOT more people who can fire and everything...very cool. Its somthing to deffinatly invest in...:clone:

Now, I think I may have a way to lower your polys. Make the wings skinnier. The only semi-bulky part is next to the missile tubes...the rest is almost flat. The front is a little more curved inwards, so you can probably shave a few there...[please keep in mind that I have no actualy knowledge of modeling, and am just guessing what a poly is, and how to reduce them...]

t3rr0r
11-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Usurpo
Thats not nessicarily a bad thing. If the middle of the craft, the part where people walk though, is not of the vehicle, it could hold ALOT more people who can fire and everything...very cool. Its somthing to deffinatly invest in...:clone:
that would require a complete overhaul of the vehicle system.

GothiX
11-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by NeoMarz1
The scale may be a bit small so I may tweak it up later, unfortunately I havent got it to work as a ship yet, i think the size has something to do with it. The error comes up when the game boots up a map... Error:"vehicle extensions to large (veh.)"


That's because you have more than 12 vehicles in your base (default ones included)

DarkLord60
11-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Well NeoMarz why have you been so quite at the TC forums lately with you current work. You just come out of nowhere and suprise us with your work.

Usurpo
11-15-2003, 11:03 PM
We wouldn't nessicarily have to re-write the vehicle code and everything...one time, while playing Kotor Flight School on-line, I was suprised to find that someone had jumped on my lambda shuttle. I went up and down, to the left and the right, and yet they remained alive. When I rolled to the right, using the right strafe key [d] they died...this is actually where I draw my inspiration. As I said, its deffinatly somthing worth looking into.:clone:

Usurpo
11-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh, yea, I almost forgot. Is the Zam Speeda up for download yet? If so, where is it?

RaSiN_HeCk
11-15-2003, 11:15 PM
That's because you have more than 12 vehicles in your base (default ones included)

anyway around that? cause I love my vehicles = )

DarkLord60
11-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Zam speeder will probably fisrt be downloadable at AOTCTC. At least thats what I thought. But its up to NeoMarz. If it is downloadable first at AOTCTC it will be put up right away when its ready.

DarkLord60
11-16-2003, 12:24 AM
Oh NeoMarz please check your PMs in AOTCTC forums.

t3rr0r
11-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by RaSiN_HeCk
anyway around that?
only with the sdk.

Usurpo
11-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Bump.

ZH@o YuN
11-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Sorry if I sound stupid here... bt isn't that Zam Speeder a modified version of the podcar in JA? assets1.pk3, models/map_objects/roof_top/podcar.md3

Looks a bit like it, but it's much smoother and better looking, good job :D

t3rr0r
11-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN
Looks a bit like it, but it's much smoother and better looking, good job :D
he started zam's speeder way before ja was released. :)

ZH@o YuN
11-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh, cool! :D

DarkLord60
11-21-2003, 12:28 AM
It originally was for the AOTCTC JO version you couldn't fly it but was there for looks :)

Usurpo
11-22-2003, 05:39 PM
Any updates Marz? :confused: Come on, man, I am dieing for this model! PLEASE...must...have...updates! :explode:

DarkLord60
11-23-2003, 02:44 AM
I can tell you that we will be releasing this model within the week or next week you can look for it at the AOTCTC site!

Miko Reglia
11-23-2003, 06:40 AM
yay, thats good news...

the gunship looks awsome, i think im gonna have a blast being marz's clone pilot model while flying the ship at the same time!:D

Usurpo
11-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Well, err, thats great. Thing is, we are all dieing for information...so whats it going to be? How many people can this babe hold? Will it be multi-gunner? [I hope so!] What are the primary and secondary attacks? I mean, come on! We can't be left hanging here!:eets:

tFighterPilot
11-23-2003, 01:22 PM
Multi gunner is impossible, but it is possible to carry passenger.

Usurpo
11-23-2003, 06:09 PM
No, not imposible. There was a thread about it...Duncan should have it.

t3rr0r
11-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by imyourfather
Multi gunner is impossible, but it is possible to carry passenger.
the lambda shuttle has room for two gunners, as can be seen when the comment markings are taken out of the .veh file.

tFighterPilot
11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
:eek:

That could be so cool!

NeoMarz1
12-02-2003, 01:15 AM
Model should be out in a couple days, I just sent the file to Darklord.
Check www.aotctc.com

Mars out!

DarkLord60
12-02-2003, 01:53 AM
I just posted it its out check AOTCTC.com

NeoMarz1
12-03-2003, 11:44 PM
I have a request to all who have downloaded this model. could you let me know if the passenger option works? If you got someone out there with a server to test this, I'd like to know. Plus, how do you select different weapons, I noticed with the Lamda shuttle you have tons of weapons, I know you can use alt mouse for a second weapon, but what about the rest? I'll add more weapons if someone can square this away with me. Mars out!

ZH@o YuN
12-04-2003, 02:00 PM
The Lambda shuttle has four laser cannons at the front, and a mine launcher at the back - these are its only weapons...

..unless you enable the turrets! There are two turrets on the Lambda, and although they weren't properly animated by Raven, you can choose what weapons they use.

(The turrets can aim up and down when the shuttle is stationary, but when it's flying it is very hard to see whether they are aiming or not)

DarkLord60
12-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Wait there is a passenger option......... I never knew that I must have been living under a rock!

NeoMarz1
12-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Wait there is a passenger option......... I never knew that I must have been living under a rock!

We need to test it, and see if it works. Maybe we can get some of our own guys to test it on a server? Mars out

CaladienJedi
12-07-2003, 10:11 PM
Mars, please check your PM's.

ZH@o YuN
12-08-2003, 07:46 PM
The maxPassengers bit in a .veh file will work for ANY ship - I made a mod that allows all ships to take passengers, cos it's fun! :D

DarkLord60
12-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ZH@o YuN
The maxPassengers bit in a .veh file will work for ANY ship - I made a mod that allows all ships to take passengers, cos it's fun! :D

That is sooooo cool!