PDA

View Full Version : Clients crash at Awaiting Gamestate (1.01 patch)


redstar
11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
I upgraded my Linux server with the new patch, but now when any of the clients want to join a game their MP crashes... rolling back to the previous version works fine.... I've seen this problem on one other server so it's not just me.....

anyone else seen something similar?

Bilbo Skywalker
11-16-2003, 03:43 PM
I've never had that problem, post your IP and ill check it.

OE redstar?

redstar
11-17-2003, 04:54 AM
yes...well we're running the old server version.... but I may get our host to change it....

our server is at
66.98.178.12:25000

a server I found that has the same problem as us is at:
65.38.207.51:29070

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-17-2003, 06:07 AM
Updating a server so a patched (1.01) client can connect is a two step process:

1. First the patch (1.01) must be installed
2. Second the server must be updated to the latest (1.0.1.1) dedicated server

If neither of these steps are done, unpatched clients (1.00) can still connect but patched (1.01) clients can't connect. If both steps are completed, patched clients can connect but unpatched clients can't. If only one of the steps is performed (patch but no update), I suspect neither client can connect (haven't tested it because I followed the update instructions in the readme and did both steps).

redstar
11-19-2003, 11:51 AM
this isn't just a matter of connection.... the problem is that the client crashes when connecting to a certain server.... both the client and server are running protocol 26 (i.e. the patched versions)...

try connecting to the second server in my thread and see what happens...

Proto
11-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem (stated here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117441)). Unfortunatelly persons responsible for running our clan server haven't come up with any sollution so far :/.

redstar
11-20-2003, 04:34 PM
crappy....

if you find the solution post it here or mail me at ratm3ever@hotmail.com....

I'll do the same if I get it working...:)

Karrde
11-21-2003, 11:35 AM
The solution is pretty simple :)
Clients local .cfg files created by the old ver. of the server are the problem. Delete them, and it should be OK. At least in our situation everything is OK now.

--EDIT
Oh, sorry, not only .cfg, but .dll's too. Just delete the whole directory that server create's in your GameData ;)

redstar
11-25-2003, 12:57 PM
anyway.. I fixed the stupid problem by uploading assets3.pk3 client file that the patch generates to the base directory of the server...... I wonder why the patch didn't do this automatically.....