View Full Version : Nothing is happening here.
11-20-2003, 04:37 AM
With the NRG FFA pack on hold, my maps have mutinously tied me up in my chair, jumped out of the closet where I keep them, and...yeah... I just couldn't stand to exist any longer without releasing a map (or two). Right now, the map is for JO only, so...go dig that CD outta the trash.
Look for Tal Erulanei tomorrow. Jedi Academy versions of both maps will be coming within about a week.
[EDIT: Intro text repasted in case you want to read it without that $*@% 3D glasses crap in the way: With the NRG FFA pack on hold, my maps have mutinously tied me up in my chair, jumped out of the closet where I keep them, and...yeah... I just couldn't stand to exist any longer without releasing a map (or two). Right now, the map is for JO only, so...go dig that CD outta the trash.]
11-20-2003, 05:19 AM
Very nice indeed. I still play JO from time to time, so no trash diving for me.;)
11-20-2003, 11:01 PM
And here, the Cult of the Patch comes into its own:
11-21-2003, 03:59 AM
Very nice wedge, it looks great. Im downloading now and I will play it later.
11-21-2003, 05:33 PM
sweet I cant wait till JKA versions come out.
11-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Wedge... Mappers like you make me wanna stop mapping... Well at the moment I'm not mapping... Hehe have it on hold... So far I have only 1 released map and at least 5 unreleased ones.. Anyway JK2files has mine, it's called "Imperial Complex"
WEDGE I LOVE YOUR MAPS!
11-23-2003, 09:09 PM
DARN IT, WHY DID PCGAMEMODS GO DOWN?
11-24-2003, 06:22 PM
PCGM is back up. It was down due to necessary maintenance / upgrades.
12-02-2003, 03:14 PM
Tal Erulanei JA version (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3265/)
If you already downloded the JO version, get the smaller JO-to-JA patch (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3264/).
And hey...I like feedback. So post me some comments, dammit! <pokes the community>
12-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Man, you suck! [/requested feedback]
12-02-2003, 04:39 PM
gothiX=DILDO Why are you such a jackoff! i havent seen you do anything but complain and put people down. I bet you cant even make a sound mod now thats just sad! Now he will come back and say that all i do is steal models blah blah blah. Its getting old gothix find something to do.
Aryyn = Banned from all JK2/JA sites soon!:p
Man, he's just joking... He knows Wedge...:)
12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
For what! standing up for people! You must be one of gothiX goons. Just in case you havent noticed my sig im not going anywhere. I could care less about all the other sites.
Yup, I'm one of his goons... I've been for a really long time, even before we meet... See, had this been a year ago, I would STILL have said the same thing (by the way, I wasn't really serious either:rolleyes: )!
And no, you don't just steal models... You've said sorry for "stealing" them several times! Though, yet you continue to do it again and again... But mostly, it's your use of words I'm reffering to... Relax!!! It's only fun and games...:)
(Sorry for the rant and if I offended you)
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Thats cool sorry.
12-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Why would I insult something I helped porting to JA? After all, wedge doesn't have JA himself. Yet.
*points at "Get wedge JA for Christmas"-fund*
Edit: And I already released a map of my own, my second on is uploading to PCGM as we speak.
12-02-2003, 06:15 PM
I didnt know that i thought you were slamming it like you do. Sorry.
12-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Can you say, "overreaction," boys and girls? :rolleyes:
12-02-2003, 07:22 PM
I wont even get started about you Eldritch.
12-02-2003, 08:22 PM
GothicX's comment was good-natured, I know that, given his other comments on my maps (though, some original material might help ya :)).
Quit flamin' each other on my thread. I see a direct parallel between Aryyn here and Nym on Kengo's WIP a month ago, and that analogy does not make me happy...:rolleyes:
Hope you've all enjoyed the map, guys...if you haven't played it, go get it and gimme feedback.
12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Check out JA's fancy-shmancy glowy look to my shaders!
(Thanks to Louis for the pictures!)
12-02-2003, 11:36 PM
i thought i posted here be4, guess not, or maybe it just didnt go up
Anyways GJ wedge, really nice maps :whtsmile:
12-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Great looking map! It reminds me of morrowind
12-06-2003, 03:55 PM
JA version now also available from jk2files: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=21232
12-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Excellent map Wedge, it is one of the most unique concepts I have ever seen to say the least. Still hoping to see Oracle make an appearance in JA whenever it can, looks superb!
12-24-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by wedge2211
And hey...I like feedback. So post me some comments, dammit! <pokes the community> [/B]
at the risk of being flamed and reading shouts of "you're jealous, you can't do better!"(very true) i will attempt a critique...
First off let me say i really enjoyed this map as well as your other maps wedge, and your posts on this forum have helped me greatly. the comments I'm going to make may seem nitpicky to some, but thats kind a the point since it is a very good map and it was hard to find anything i didnt like. And i realize the this is a final release and your obviously not going to change any of this.
1. the first thing i noticed was the gaps near the base of the columns. the fog in the level really highlights the gap which is why i note it. the column under the domed building do not have this feature.
2. r_showtris showed most of the level being drawn at once most of the time, which produced a framerate of 20-40 on my machine. since you don't have any doors in the level i see why. did you try any hint brushes? any tweaks with the foghulling that can be done?
2a. adding 2 bots brought my fps down to 8 fps. but they appeared to be routed properly. this may be a problem with my computer. my map has crappy bot support , and does the same thing.
3.the plants (especially the large tree) seem to disappear when viewing from below. is this a symptom of the fog?
4. in the part of the level where there's a statue of the man with the spinning ball...if you are standing facing the statue, the second column to left is missing some patches on the top and bottom.
5. getting up on the retaining wall and then on to the roof of the buildings, (you know people are going to do that) you can see through the level into the corridors.
6. some angled clip brushes on those protruding columns in the corridors may not have been a bad idea.
7. the blue marble texture on the outside of the domed roof seems out of place. it looks to light. the texture on the underside of the dome is much nicer
8. the yellow tile which was used as the ceiling and floor in some of the corridors should be shifted to more red/gold tone to match the level. i love the texture with the little people on them...matching that tone would have worked better
9. where the two levels of the roof meet at a corner, place another brush at the transition. i think they call that the "valley"
10. I just really hate the bespin water texture. i don't know why, but if you look at it it looks embossed...not realistic at all.
okay thats enough of that. please don't flame me. if you must, go download my beta map (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3248/) and do the same back to me... i would really hate that. (wink) but please be sure to read the readme.txt, as I have already pointed out some of its major flaws.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.