PDA

View Full Version : What saber color do u use and why?

Aryyn
11-25-2003, 05:32 AM
Just curious since everybody seems to have their own story why they use a certain color.

Crow_Nest
11-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Green, its so cool. Especially with dynamic glow. :cool:

eniaC
11-25-2003, 08:12 AM
I use red mostly, I like the color red.

STTCT
11-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Blue because its my favorite color.

Astrotoy7
11-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

ROFLMAO - Dynamic Crow manages to bring DGlow into yet another thread ! Smooth move man !!! :D

Im honoured to appear in your sig Crow, continue to Fight The Power !

As for the saber, If Im using my yellow skinend twilek girl, its yellow/gold - to match her skin. If Im using my mara jade SP skin, its purple(Mara's original saber colour), gotta stay true to the EU.

Occasionally pop on blue or green, for the authentic SW look, if im using Luke

MTFBWYA

PG|Prometheus
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
I don't care, random colour.

Crow_Nest
11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
My saber color also sometimes depends on the hilt im using. :D

Captain LeChuck
11-25-2003, 02:09 PM
GREEEEEN!!! :D :D :D Because its simply the coolest.:D

Kurgan
11-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Red, because it I like the color (sue me, I used it a lot in JK/MotS/JK2 as well!).

Or Red & Green, because I like the colors.

If I could choose black, I'd use that sometimes too. ; )

Lathain Valtiel
11-25-2003, 02:42 PM
A black lightsaber is impossible actually..

On that note.. i use orange. Firey.

Tito
11-25-2003, 02:44 PM
Comes down to how my character looks (also a bit which mood I'm in, in a weird way)...:cool:

Tesla
11-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Green or Blue, sometimes red but only if my a bad guy. XD

t3rr0r
11-25-2003, 03:32 PM
orange. because it's not conventional.

ManaMana
11-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Red.
Because it's the colour of power, of action!

Captain LeChuck
11-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Red is actually the color of love and revolution. Its the color of one more thing too, but I cant remember it.:D

The X
11-25-2003, 04:09 PM
I use GREEN! because when I watched the OT, back when I was 13, I got really bored of the same blue sabers all the time, so when Luke ignited a green one in ROTJ, I got really excited. I also like the Arbiter hilt.
But if I'm using a famous SW character, I usually go with their saber color & hilt.

Darth MarcII
11-25-2003, 04:35 PM
I use BLUE because it is the color of purity of heart and spirit, and it is my favorite color.

eniaC
11-25-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

true to an extent, in "lighting" black is the absence of color.

but if there was a black saber with a white glow or vice versa, thats what I would use too.

I like purple also, because Mace Windu is the most bad a** Jedi ever (If you want a better idea of why he is the only one with that color, lets just say he has a gift with crystals and other things, read "Shatterpoint" by Mathew Stover, excellent book if your a fan of Vapaad.)

eniaC

Sledge
11-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Purple because it matches the skin of the Twilek I always use.

That's right. Real Jedi color coordinate their saber to make a fashion statement :D

Khier
11-26-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
orange. because it's not conventional.

What he said.

DarkLord60
11-26-2003, 06:05 AM
BLUE it rocks I love that color.

Syzerian
11-26-2003, 07:50 AM
true to an extent, in "lighting" black is the absence of color.
nope white is
black is the absence of light and pure black cant be lightened
i like BLUE cuz its my fav color and it looks good with almost any skin:D
i do use ORANGE sometimes tho if i decide to use the stormtrooper but in mostly blue rosh:D

Kurgan
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
A black lightsaber is impossible actually..*

So is a real lightsaber, and faster than light starship travel, sun crushing super weapons, the Force and a lot of things in Star Wars (and Science Fiction itself).

Who cares?! Let me have my dream!

*If you just meant in game terms, that's not impossible either, you just have to be sneaky with the color matching.

Chuahtemoc
11-26-2003, 11:37 AM
but star wars is the ****! dont knock on it or i'll.... well i'll get banned for saying what i want, but hey :D

my sabercolor is purple, in remembrance of Anakin Solo and Mace Windu. Jaina Solo also changes her sabercolor from blue to purple after Anakin's death (little fact not mentioned in the books). Jacen's color is green.

my color is purple! muahahahaaha

SlapNut
11-26-2003, 11:41 AM
well ive always been a man of colour schemes when it comes to games and what not. In JO i would use the green reborn with the green sabre because it works, i look at people with red reborns with green sabres or green reborns with red sabres and it looks rediculous. But i was a little disapointed that my favorite character Rosh doesnt have green, because green is my top sabre colour and it doesnt quite go with the redish colour on Rosh, but i do it anyway, i just hope someone will make a greenish rosh skin. Once i tryed the blond haired male human with pink colour stripes and pink sabre, extreemly qreer and gay but for some funny reason i tryed it, and the scary this is... i won the map :whip1: lol.

Darth Kaan
11-26-2003, 12:59 PM
Orange or Purple or both, depending on saber type. :-)

ManaMana
11-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Kurgan, why not a gray one? :p :p

Astrotoy7
11-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
If I could choose black, I'd use that sometimes too. ; )

there was a weird kyle skin for jo that came with black saber, with whitish halo... looked kinda strange to my eyes, but it might tickle your fancy.....

MTFBWYA

eniaC
11-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Syzerian
nope white is

true to an extent

maybe I worded it wrong but it is true, to an extent
"true to an extent, in "lighting" black is the absence of color(light)."

it's is the opposite for paints, white is the absence and theoretically black is all the colors, but with paint, there is no true black its make a dark brown.

Lighting is different (lightsaber) if you mix either all the secondary colors (orange, purple, green) or all the primary colors (red, blue, yellow), thats how you create a white light, cant remember if you use the primary's or the secondary's, or maybe you to mix them can't remember.

Like Kurgan said, it's Sci-fi.
I would like a white saber even, or Old Ben's color of blue in 'SW A New Hope'.

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Sure, if you use RGB 256, there's your black saber. I think. LOL

Sam Fisher
11-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Red for single and staff, red and blue for duals. I just like red. And the Imperial Commander model to go with it.

Azrael666
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Purple as it matched the clothing of my Rodian (though Id rather he had purple skin like my SWG character) and also as it matches that of Mace Windu, who created and was one of the few to practice the most aggresive Saber style. Prehaps the reason Mace didnt have a Blue or Green saber was because as a mark of his using this style, like a martial artist wears a black belt.

Shakey Mac
11-27-2003, 04:20 AM
purple with the sexay two piece my zabrak hottie wears.

why? i cant really say....blue is my favorite color, but i gotta be different, and purple seems to be the saber color that i see least.

Kurgan
11-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Astrotoy7 check your PM's. ; )

Agen
11-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Green because it's my favourite colour :rolleyes: and the colour of Celtic, my football team :p

Prime
11-28-2003, 06:35 PM
Blue. Because it is the best.

All the other colours are for whiney gay lamerz...

Iblis Reborn
11-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I like to use blue and red ;)

i usually use blue but sometimes depending on the model i use red

saurumonk
11-28-2003, 11:54 PM
quote from Kurgan:

"So is a real lightsaber, and faster than light starship travel, sun crushing super weapons, the Force and a lot of things in Star Wars (and Science Fiction itself). "

True to all but one- The Force does exist......
It is energy that is constantly changing itself to its surroundings and binds the universe together keeping a perfect balance- this is what created the universe- regardless of what name or religion you give it- it is still present at all times........ another name you could give it in a more realistic term is "Chi" or "Ki"

I use dual sabers- right blue, left purple.

Blue standing for the padawan in me, yet always learning and the purple for the warrior in me- bound by nothing and yet everything to gain.....

-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
11-29-2003, 07:05 AM
I use Green cause I'm a huge Luke fan. And I use Yellow cause no one uses yellow, and Yun was a tight character.

Astrotoy7
11-29-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Blue. Because it is the best.

All the other colours are for whiney gay lamerz...

Im not sure if I'm a gay lamer, but I always did think it would be super if I had a rainbow colored saber to swing around at muscle bound elite guyz.... :p

Blue is definitely old skool cool.....unmistakeably SW

MTFBWYA

Starfire13
11-30-2003, 01:30 AM
For me, it depends very much on the race I am playing. I use purple for Zabrak, green for Twi'lek, orange for Keldor, and blue for human.

Personally, I like green best, espceially with the "realblades" mod (found on Lucasfiles), which makes the colours a lot less garish and much more to my liking.

KaiaSowapit
11-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan

So is a real lightsaber, and faster than light starship travel, sun crushing super weapons, the Force and a lot of things in Star Wars (and Science Fiction itself).

Who cares?! Let me have my dream!
NO!

We are the fun police. Resistance is futile.

Oh yeah, red if I'm naughty... green if I'm goodie-goodie (haven't been green in a loooong time). :)

DeathStriker
11-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I also use the realblade mod (Located Here) (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=260) because it makes the sabers not as bright. And I use the blue saber color normally because on realblades it looks really good, sometimes I use red if i start to feel evil. :dev7:

(the only thing I dont like about real blades is the yellow color :( )

Crow_Nest
11-30-2003, 10:43 AM
I prefer the default saber colors, but i like the blade core. :p

Astrotoy7
11-30-2003, 01:26 PM
In the old dayz (JO) I also used to get a kick out of the flame saber, as well as the 'gunblade' from Final Fantasy 8. In JA though, the default sabers are cool IMHO. I have a bind for dbl desanns sabers when I need that extra range...very cool in the speeder bike lvl for lopping off heads.....

MTFBWYA

kenadams121
12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
ya...orange or yellow cause u never see anyone with em

g//plaZma
12-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Any random color that my cursor lands on. Doesn't really matter for me.

ZH@o YuN
12-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Blue for single, blue and orange for double.

Don't ask me why I like them, because I don't know! :P

tractrpl
12-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Green was the color of Kyle Katarn's first lightsaber in the original jedi knight. That's why I chose it. If you play a light side character, your lightsaber gets broken and you take the yellow lightsaber of a fallen dark jedi who switches to the light just before he died. I don't know where he got the blue one, must have been one he constructed on his own.

kenadams121
12-02-2003, 04:37 PM
about that tract, when a good jedi turns bad does his lightsaber turn red on itself or does he get a new one?:saberb:>< :saberr:

acdcfanbill
12-02-2003, 04:50 PM
red, because i am evil.

purple if im feeling less evil, but that only went well with the green reborn, and since its not in JA, i stick with red.

Kil'Jaden
12-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Captain LeChuck
Red is actually the color of love and revolution. Its the color of one more thing too, but I cant remember it.:D

red is the color of blood

g//plaZma
12-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kil'Jaden
red is the color of blood

Wow. Really? We got ourselves a modern Einstein here.

Butt_Whisper
12-04-2003, 06:40 PM
Red, cause it makes me wanna get EVIL...............................EVIL........... ......EVIL. Plus boba with a blue saber would be wrong!!!

Jason Welcome
12-06-2003, 10:10 PM
I use a Blue double bladed lightsaber. I like to use the shadowtrooper model and pretend im a Jedi diguessed as a Shadowtrooper.....yes im a geek.

fk | screed
12-06-2003, 10:19 PM
Brown cause its teh color of teh all might smelly poop

oh yeah, red if im on the red team and blue when im on the blue team.

fk | screed
12-06-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Jason Welcome
I use a Blue double bladed lightsaber. I like to use the shadowtrooper model and pretend im a Jedi diguessed as a Shadowtrooper.....yes im a geek.

Geek is being nice, total f*ck head who masterbates to pictures of George Lucas is more appropriate.

[ Edit: Consider this your warning, screed. Lay off the flames and inappropriate references. Thank you. ]

acdcfanbill
12-07-2003, 06:56 AM
screed, knock that off.

The X
12-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by kenadams121
about that tract, when a good jedi turns bad does his lightsaber turn red on itself or does he get a new one?:saberb:>< :saberr:
Nope. In Jedi Knight, when Kyle turns to the Dark Side, his saber doesn't change from green to red, it stays the same. This also happens in Jedi Academy if you choose the Dark Side- your lightsaber does not change colour. I suppose a newly-converted Dark-Jedi has to construct an new lightsaber.....

fk | screed
12-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
screed, knock that off.

LOL, I knew that last post would get someones attention, but its prob the truth.

g//plaZma
12-07-2003, 10:53 PM
lol Screed... Having those George Lucas fantasies again?

fk | screed
12-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by g//plaZma
lol Screed... Having those George Lucas fantasies again?

No sir, I fantasize about Chewbacca thank you!

acdcfanbill
12-07-2003, 11:47 PM
true or not thats prob something u should pm to your chewbacca fantasizing friends :p I dont wanna read that stuff lol

Jaden X
12-08-2003, 04:25 PM
About the red saber thing, red is also the color of death (blood... the same). WHY THE HELL WOULD EVERY DARK JEDI IN THE MOVIES USE A RED SABER IF IT WAS JUST THE COLOR OF LOVE?

BTW, i use either green, yellow or blue sabers, everytime in Duals. Why, you ask? Because maybe I'm a bit patriot...:rolleyes:

Celladur
12-08-2003, 05:33 PM
nope white is

Wrong, White is the only pure colour, It is full of colours, but our visual spectrum can't show us
Black is an absence of color as well as light BTW.

I use 2 sabers, both Firebrand with dark red.

Xori
12-09-2003, 10:02 PM
I use yellow because I couldn't find any other color spray paint for my real lightsaber that's made of wood so I guess it's my true jedi color.

yolkboy
12-10-2003, 01:18 AM
I use Blue :saberb: with the shadowtrooper skin because that is what I used back in the day (JO). Why the shadowtrooper skin? Well its all black. Good for sneaking around in the dark :D Why a blue blade? 1. It goes good with the shadowtrooper, 2. It isn't as bright thus, doesn't hurt my eyes as much as the other saber colors, and 3. My name is Ice in game.

Alegis
12-10-2003, 05:56 PM
->orange because when i was a little little kid i once tripped over some oranges, fell down the stairs but my dog would save me and eat the oranges while flip flakking....

I just think I like the color...the rest is too ordinary :) but i'm using extra saber colours again

rockstardom316
12-10-2003, 06:10 PM
I use dual sabers, both blue, but I just got the game a couple days ago, and I decided to make an Evil, Evil, Evil twi-Lek chickybop with dual purple and red sabers. Cause she's Evil and stuff.

Jason Welcome
12-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Did I miss anything? Oh "fk | screed" thanks for those web cam pics from your bedroom they were really great, ebaum liked them enough to put them on his sight! Everyone check them out here is the link...

[ Edit: Okay, that's NOT appropriate for our forums and you know it. This is your warning. Lay off the flames, both of you. ]

MasterSidious
12-14-2003, 03:09 PM
I use red cause I follow a Sidious theme.

icemaniac_1987
12-14-2003, 11:32 PM
I use Green & Purple, Green Cause its cool, Purple cause its cool & Green & Purple together makes DOUBLE cool. :P

Astrotoy7
12-15-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by icemaniac_1987
I use Green & Purple, Green Cause its cool, Purple cause its cool & Green & Purple together makes DOUBLE cool. :P

these are also the colors used by the 'BTD'(Barney the Dinosaur) clan, they all use the desann skin and own lamerz all over the world...they all have their 'Z' key bound to "2+2=4 NOW DIE !!!!"

:)

welcome to the forums.....!

MTFBWYA

Admiral Chemix
12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Green if not using the time blade (my own sword), mauahahahhaha, Green has always been my favorite color. It stands out so well, and is just dang cool. That and it goes very well with my tronlike jedi dactus skin:D

icemaniac_1987
12-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
these are also the colors used by the 'BTD'(Barney the Dinosaur) clan, they all use the desann skin and own lamerz all over the world...they all have their 'Z' key bound to "2+2=4 NOW DIE !!!!"

:)

welcome to the forums.....!

MTFBWYA

haha. I just like the colors :P

Thanks for the welcome but i'm not new here. My original name was "icemaniac_02"
but my pc crashed and i lost the account where the password was mailed. so i made a new one. And i see your a Final Fantasy 9 fan,(your messege thing)

Plowon
12-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Yellow is my choice, my favorite character used a yellow saber (Plo Koon). It made me mad in AOTC that he didn't have a yellow saber, but in the insiders guide and books he does.

I also like yellow b/c not many people use it and I like things that are rare.

Arjuna
12-17-2003, 02:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
[B]A black lightsaber is impossible actually..

DUDE! They just put up a black lightsaber file on lucasfiles! Or I saw a shot of it somewhere...

..heh

Anyway, like someone said before, it's all about the character you're playing, what kind of attitude you give him, and what kinda color you think matches that personality. It might even depend on your mood or the music you're listening to.

So how can you ask me for my FAVORITE?!

With all that said, Arjuna Fett is a bad ass jedi knight in madalorian armor. Nos Fett his trainer has orange or green or both. Whatever I like all the colors.

icemaniac_1987
12-17-2003, 03:52 AM
hey.. that real saber blade mod that turns the brightness down, can i get a link for it for Jedi Outcast?

Norfleet
12-18-2003, 04:23 AM
I generally go with blue. It's subtle, traditional, and not overdone.

If saber colors were completely freeform, I'd go with infrared or ultraviolet. There's your "black" saber for you.

Padme Naberrie
01-16-2004, 03:53 PM
BLUE , because it´s my favourite color.
And because my heart is blue and yellow (Boca Juniors) :D :D :D

txa1265
01-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Blue.

Single saber.

Fast stance primarily.

Light side mastery ... oops, that's KotOR. Still, blue saber is true.

Mike

Batdroid
01-16-2004, 10:45 PM
:saberb: and :saberg:

dual

yellow stance.

BawBag™
01-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Blue Single Saber for me. Traditionalist. :) (Plus a good bit of strong stance :D )

--ZeeMan--
01-20-2004, 06:36 PM
welllllllll i use the morpheus skin and blue definately looks the coolest with him :-D

Padme Naberrie
01-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Zee, it sounds really cool!
Now, you only need a Trinity!! jajaja ;)

Prime
01-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BawBag?
Blue Single Saber for me. Traditionalist. You are The Man. :)

the_lord_Revan
01-21-2004, 11:40 PM
my favorite is purple, and its cuz master Windu is awesome
(BLACK POWER! you dont see windu jumping outta a window onto a small robot!!!!!_)

Ockniel
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

no, its not...

if u want to make one, just open up the saber files, as long as your color isn't exactly black, (just put it off a little) it will work.

oh, and I like blue

blue=cool=obi-wan

Crow_Nest
01-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by ahnil8tor03
no, its not...

if u want to make one, just open up the saber files, as long as your color isn't exactly black, (just put it off a little) it will work.

oh, and I like blue

blue=cool=obi-wan

I did attempted one, i made the color black but it only removed the saber glow color, so its only white with no glow.

DarthCobra
01-28-2004, 10:48 PM
:saberr:

SITH RED

AIVAS
01-29-2004, 02:29 AM
I like red, but not because it's the bad guy color, but red lightsaber just looks the coolest to me

Samuel Dravis
01-29-2004, 03:35 AM
Blue and purple duals.

Just looks awexome.

Prime
01-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by AIVAS
I like red, but not because it's the bad guy color, but red lightsaber just looks the coolest to me Only someone who is evil would say that.

:D

AIVAS
01-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Only someone who is evil would say that.

:D

then why am I not evil? look at my avatar for heaven's sake! I just want a few doughnuts... and ruling the entire universe would be nice too. :p

but no really, red lightsaber looks coolest to me, but I play lightside, and I'm not evil

Casper
01-30-2004, 03:56 AM
If I constructed a lightsaber. It would be BLUE

Neverhoodian
01-30-2004, 03:13 PM
I usually have an ORANGE saber. The reason being: orange is used for both sides of the Force. For example, some of the Dark Jedi in JK (Gorc and Pic, Maw) used an orange saber. Light Jedi also use orange sabers in both JO and JA. It makes my character an enigma; you never know what's going on in his head. Moreover, it looks good with my MP character. (I'm usually a Gran)

the_lord_Revan
02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
blue, because it just plain kicks ass!!!

Really this time

the_lord_Revan
02-02-2004, 03:40 PM
i also like green, just cuz i do!

the_lord_Revan
02-02-2004, 03:42 PM
i also like red ,cuz its usually the bad guy colour!

the_lord_Revan
02-02-2004, 03:45 PM
i also like orange ,cuz like the other guy said, its mysterious.

Jedi_Vogel
02-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Tends to favour Green Saber for several reasons.

1. One of my fav colours (might be 20 but don't grow out of favouring colours).
2. Green seems to go with the clothes I put on my characters.
3. It has some authority to it, but not too much. I often see blue as the padawan's saber (despite Obi-Wan having the blue one in EpII). At the same time green isn't scary like Red and it's not an in-your-face colour.
4. Orange and Yellow are hard on the eyes :p

and yeah, there's something about it :)

sith_master2000
02-05-2004, 12:58 AM
I use Blue or Green 'çause they're really cool! :D

Darth NeoVenom
02-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Well since I don't own Jedi Academy...lol..I use red on JO. I always liked Sith more than Jedi. By the way, is the combat the same in JA as in JO or did they change it?

the_lord_Revan
02-06-2004, 05:50 AM
its pretty much the same, but i havent played it in awile,ok so ive not played it in about 3 months!;) if i remember right i think its pretty much the same. i like just about every lightsaber color, xcept yellow, i think its a bit bland.

((mmm britney spears videos....mmmmlol

AxVegetA
02-06-2004, 07:56 AM
I use blue model and blue saber, or blue model and green saber.
Those are the coolest looks. :D

LordXaras
02-06-2004, 05:11 PM
It depends what character I'm in...

Sometimes I feel like playing evul, so Red would be the obvious choise there.
Sometimes I feel like playing a goodie Jedi, so I use Green or Blue with that.

But most often I go with yellow, probably because it's a little neutral (like Orange, but more on the light side) and it's a bit original as wery few tend to use it.

Darth NeoVenom
02-06-2004, 06:55 PM
If I use Padme, I'll use a yellow lightsaber. If I play Anakin or Obi-Wan, I'll use a blue. It really depends what character I use. :D

Sabretooth
02-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Mostly green or orange. In MP, I use the Boba or snowtrooper skin and a burning, red saber.

I'M BAD, BABY.

the_lord_Revan
02-08-2004, 04:01 AM
in mp i use a Gray lightsaber, and yes it is possible.

AJL
02-08-2004, 09:01 AM

Dynamic glow ?? What is it supposed to do ? (If i set
it on it will turn back off when the game starts...)

And the color i use depends of the model...

Crow_Nest
02-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by AJL
Dynamic glow ?? What is it supposed to do ? (If i set
it on it will turn back off when the game starts...)

Its not supported on your card then.

Now that i've said this astro will come after me. :o

Originally posted by the_lord_Revan
in mp i use a Gray lightsaber, and yes it is possible.

How did you get it? I tried using the last hope mod (it has RBG sabers for MP) but i couldnt get gray or any other special colors because its bugged or somethung.

the_lord_Revan
02-08-2004, 11:35 PM
thats your prob, i dld it from my bro, he made it. and no hes not on L.F. so you cant ask him!
it took him like a month to get it fixed right, and i like what you said up there, about "Dynamic Glow"
lol sorry that i cant get you this one!

lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Orange because its cool

lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
Blue.

Single saber.

Fast stance primarily.

Light side mastery ... oops, that's KotOR. Still, blue saber is true.

Mike

Ive been playing KOTOR a lot to!!

luke_VSbobafett
02-14-2004, 03:55 PM
:fett: puple because its so so AWSOME!!!!!!! and dose any body know how to join the members for jedi knight jedi academy??

P VADER
02-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Green, its so cool. Especially with dynamic glow. :cool: I LIKE GREEN LIGHTSABERS TO BUT I ALSO LIKE BLUE AND RED LIGHTSABERS ESPICALLY WHEN U US ETHE SPEED FORCE AND ATTACK SOMEONE WITH THE LIGHTSBER IT LOOKS SO COOL!:saberr: :saberb: :saberg: :duel:

the_lord_Revan
02-15-2004, 08:00 PM
dude dont yell, were all talking here!!
as i said b4, i like most all colours. mostly purp, and grey.
dont ask me how i got grey, cuz its my little secret!!!

Darth-Bane
02-16-2004, 05:34 AM
Red
Double-bladed lightsaber

Dual wield blue and green lightsabers with double sabers

And blue with single saber. Fast and Medium stances.

i like in big team FFA matches where theres one point on map thats like always a big battle, you can do the Atk1+Atk2 with saberstaff and get like 3 kills and do a backflip when ur done and get out alive

Only time this failed i got cut in half..

El Sitherino
02-16-2004, 06:24 AM
Red and Purple Dual. :)

Prime
02-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by P VADER
I LIKE GREEN LIGHTSABERS TO BUT I ALSO LIKE BLUE AND RED LIGHTSABERS ESPICALLY WHEN U US ETHE SPEED FORCE AND ATTACK SOMEONE WITH THE LIGHTSBER IT LOOKS SO COOL!:saberr: :saberb: :saberg: :duel: OMFG PLZ STOP YELLING !1!11oneone

Darth-Bane
02-16-2004, 04:47 PM
OMFG PLZ STOP YELLING !1!11oneone

gets annoying dont it? :D

Marcus(JSA)
02-19-2004, 10:34 AM
I choose a colour to match my suit!

If I'm Dark Blade - Blue sabers

Gold Trooper - Orange sabers

Baba Fett - Green Sabers

Star Trek TNG Command - Red Sabers

and on...and on...and on...

Well I am British you know! Even Jedi's have a Fashion Industry!

And I always use Golden Hilts, coz they look sweet! :p

Prime
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Marcus(JSA)
Star Trek TNG Command - Red Sabers
Star Trek?! Booooooo!

Tosh_UK
02-19-2004, 02:18 PM
is this a P or B question :P

Marcus(JSA)
02-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Star Trek?! Booooooo!

I hate to say this, as this is not the right Forum, but Star Trek has a far bigger fan base and cult following than Star Wars!

Star Wars = 6 films (yes, I know Ep3 isn't out yet)

Star Trek = 10 films, 5 TV Series, 1 Cartoon Series, 1000s of Eps

Don't believe me? The Official Star Trek Website (http://www.star-trek.com) - this will reveal all! :p

Getting back to JKA though. Somebody actually produced a pack of Star Fleet Uniforms. If you are a Star Trek fan, or just curious, download them here: JK2Files Star Trek Skins (http://jk3files.com/file.info?ID=2840)
They are not brilliant but they suffice. All I want now is a bald headed man :eek:, a phaser and some sounds like "Beam Me Up Scotty!" or "Make It So!"

Live Long and Prosper!

Darth-Bane
02-19-2004, 09:40 PM
!

Star Wars = 6 films (yes, I know Ep3 isn't out yet)

Star Wars = 10 films, 5 TV Series, 1 Cartoon Series, 1000s of Eps

Live Long and Prosper!

shouldnt that be star TREK as 10 films? lol

AxWolF
02-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Star Trek? HOW could you compare star wars (FORCEx10, LIGHTSABERSx10, cool story, jedis, siths, empire, rebels) with..........star trek, the most ****y fiction show/saga/episode/movies/whateveritis that has ever been created. I really feel sick everytime i am switching chanels and have to see those losers playing space roles.

Marcus(JSA)
02-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Posted by AxWolF:

Star Trek? HOW could you compare star wars (FORCEx10, LIGHTSABERSx10, cool story, jedis, siths, empire, rebels) with..........star trek, the most ****y fiction show/saga/episode/movies/whateveritis that has ever been created. I really feel sick everytime i am switching chanels and have to see those losers playing space roles.
Does this guy really think he's funny?

Should I be asking that here or running it as a poll under a seperate thread?

Personally I would like to see Worf with his Bat'leth upagainst a Jedi with his Lightsaber - I think Worf would win!

Prime
02-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Star Trek = 10 films, 5 TV Series, 1 Cartoon Series, 1000s of Eps So you are saying it has turned out a lot more crap?

AxWolF
02-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Does this guy really think he's funny?

Should I be asking that here or running it as a poll under a seperate thread?

Personally I would like to see Worf with his Bat'leth upagainst a Jedi with his Lightsaber - I think Worf would win!

Its wolf, you friging retard.
And where the **** do you get that my last post was meant to be funny? Just because you are star trek nerd doesnt mean you have to hate me for saying Star Wars is way better than star trek pooboowoo.

AxChupa
02-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Whats with the gay baning?.........................geezzzzzzzz

Marcus(JSA)
02-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Reply from AxWolF
Its wolf, you friging retard.

No, it is Worf.

Worf is the big nasty Klingon from the Next Generation series.

What makes you think I would make the same typo twice running when the L is several keys from the R ?

And who said I hated you?

Jeeeeez, Beam Me Up Scotty!

Kurgan
02-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Another thread derailment?

Sad....

AxChupa
02-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Kurgan unban my AxVegetA acount, i had a lot of posts =(
It said it was temporary for a few days but its more than a week and it is still baned.

Darth-Bane
02-21-2004, 12:03 AM
:deathii:
Star Wars>Trek

RyanTheDarkJedi
02-24-2004, 12:14 AM
i like red cuase i like sith and my name is {HK}TheSith{Council} and i like sith mdoels

PhobicDagger
02-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Orange with the Firebrand hilt. Vicious. >:)
I'm a fan of a the single saber style...much more technical, ya gotta time those swings more, because you usually don't get a second chance, whereas with dual or double-bladed, another tap of the button will allow a quick follow-up and (hopefully) negate the previous mistake.

Prime
02-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Blue pwns.

Others uber suXX0rz.

shukrallah
02-26-2004, 02:25 PM
I use a green saber, the 2 handed one.

txa1265
02-26-2004, 03:27 PM
So you are saying it has turned out a lot more crap? :D Hey - most of the even numbered Trek movies have been decent ... or so I heard. Last I saw was 5. Loved 2 and 4.

But to get a feel for the relative size of the gaming communities, look at the EF2 forums at Ritual ... death valley days ... at its' height I found ~35 people on line playing MP ... once ...

Blue pwns.

Others uber suXX0rz. I just finished Vjun again ... rebuilt my beautiful blue single saber again ...

Mike

Prime
02-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
:D Hey - most of the even numbered Trek movies have been decent ... or so I heard. Last I saw was 5. Loved 2 and 4. I liked 4, but really Wrath of Khan is the only one I really enjoyed.

"Buried alive!"

"Khhaaaannnnnn!!!!"

txa1265
02-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I liked 4, but really Wrath of Khan is the only one I really enjoyed.

"Buried alive!"

"Khhaaaannnnnn!!!!" Star Trek IV was a good fun flick, light and with a time-appropriate liberal 'save the whales' message. Like I say - good fun.

Khan was a really good movie. Plain and simple. The kind that had you dying to see the letdown that was 'Search for Spock'. People who weren't around during the non-internet intervals between TESB and RotJ or Khan and Search have no idea what it was like ...

Mike

the_lord_Revan
03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
lol man you guys really are trek fans! i watch tng and all but god! trek and starwars rulez. but i think it was kinda funny how that guy stopped posting! o wait he got banned! hey modders how much crap do you have to do in order for someone to ban the said person??

o and i agree with Prime, blue is awesome, but all other colours are ok.

Kharad Donn
04-06-2004, 03:51 AM
Without getting into a long and complicated story...

Single saber: Yellow, firebrand hilt.

The story behind it:

First of all my username is the name of my star wars rpg character: Jedi master Kharad Donn.

Prepare to be totally wierded out - I actually play "jedi" stuff in real life. Even more weird, I'm almost twenty. Maybe you guys should try this sometime, it's great fun: For a lightsaber, go to the store, buy one of those cheap mops (with the colored handle). Take the mop head off - you now have a lightsaber. Swing it around. Just don't hit stuff with it, it'll break. The first mop handle I ever bought was yellow. Thus we get the color. As for the hilt, I once drew my own hilt, the firebrand style most closely resembles it.

Dual sabers: Blue, Firebrand hilt

The story:

I like the "sharp" look that blue has. The blade looks narrower. As for the hilts, same old reason. Another interesting fact: That one dual saber move where you crouch, move foward, and attack - I've taught myself how to do that. Without hitting myself in the head.

Saberstaff: Purple, Whatever the first hilt is. The one with the "cups" at the ends. I like the cups. I like purple because it also has that "sharp" look.

There you have it, I've laid my soul at your feet. Mock me unmercifully!!

P.S. where to I find the editing tools for JKA?

the_lord_Revan
04-07-2004, 02:33 PM
WHOA! dude, all you were supposed to do was say somethin small! like this for instance!

blue
cuz it 's awesome!

really man, it didnt need that entire waste of typing skills right there! oh and welcome to this thread! the orig hoster sorta left, so ive been watchin it for em!

Michael Plant
04-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I like green, because my favourite character is Qui-Gon Jinn. :liam

LiMuBai
04-08-2004, 12:40 AM
green, baby! the whole Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon thing...

Li Mu Bai (in the movie) uses a sword called the Green Destiny, so green is really the only option.

Prime
04-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LiMuBai
Li Mu Bai He died, didn't he?

Samuel Dravis
04-08-2004, 05:16 PM
To edit the saber colors, shape, and trail, the files are in assets1.pk3/gfx/effects/sabers/.

freakazoid
04-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I use the color green because the human eye senses the color green best. Thus allowing me to control my character and saber movement better :)

And it just rocks.

Samus Aran
04-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Puprle or yellow
Saberstaff

Emperor Pangasa
04-16-2004, 06:01 AM
I mostly use purple because its cool and it symbolizes evil in the far east.:emperor: :lightning :dsaber:

jake_exe
04-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Blue is definitely old skool cool.....unmistakeably SW

yah id have to agree blue saber staff is bitching