PDA

View Full Version : Cool Thing-a-ma-Jigs


KBell
11-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Now that Christmas is just around the corner, nows a good time to scout out what you want best. What I want posted here is the most interesting technology you can find on the web that would make a great Chirstmas gift. Im interested to see what people's dream Christmas gift would be, so feel free to post links or pics of gift you're dying to have ;)

Chuahtemoc
11-25-2003, 11:03 PM
lol i WOULD post a pic of carmen electra, but well... even santa isn't that nice. and i'd probably get banned or beaten or something by the admins :p

KBell
11-25-2003, 11:07 PM
I did mention technological gifts ;)

Sam Fisher
11-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Hmm... Right now all I want is another two sticks of Corsair 128mb. Then I'll have 512mb instead of 128mb:D

El Sitherino
11-25-2003, 11:26 PM
>_>
I want money but if it has to be technological.... I want a digi cam.

KBell
11-25-2003, 11:30 PM
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Sam and IS.


IS-any specific kind of Digi Cam? I wanna know the most outragously priced digicam you can find, something only a geek like Bill Gates would buy :p

topshot
11-25-2003, 11:32 PM
Hmm. Paint Shop Pro 8. Possibly a good Flash editor of some kind. I dunno what else to wish for.

RoxStar
11-25-2003, 11:36 PM
I want Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, or Photoshop.

Reborn Outcast
11-25-2003, 11:42 PM
An Alienware computer... to make up for my brand new computer that was stolen in July. :(

If no Alienware... then this...
Pentium 3.2 processor
120 GB
2 Gigs of memory
Best graphics card there is
Best sound card there is
Surround sound, major bass
21 inch, LCD flat screen

El Sitherino
11-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Thanks for getting the ball rolling Sam and IS.


IS-any specific kind of Digi Cam? I wanna know the most outragously priced digicam you can find, something only a geek like Bill Gates would buy. :p you sure you don't mean could? :p

I just want one that works.

KBell
11-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, im sure AlienWare has some sort of tracking device on it.......it doesn't?............well it has everything else!



Sorry to hear about your truly Expensive loss RO :(

DarkLord60
11-26-2003, 12:12 AM
I want a USB memory stick that can store MP3's on it and you can plug head phones into it and listen to music. (No not a MP3 player.)

TiE23
11-26-2003, 12:18 AM
A super cool Alienware computer - $3,500 plus
Wireless broadband connection to my Xbox - $200 plus
Xbox Live Starter Kit - $70
I-Pod - $400
$10,000 - $10,000
Special Edition Erector Set - $85 http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000062SPK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Well, accually, I am getting this...
:D

TiE

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-26-2003, 12:24 AM
I want a 3mg internet connection...and oh that one thing I saw on TechTV, you know the thing that has all three consols and a pc and are all hooked up to a projector, and cooler to make it run faster, and it has a nice glass case and shiz like that....THE WOULD BE THE ULTAMITE PIECE OF TECHNOLOGY!!! But sadly I looked for the pic and can't find it, if someone knows what I'm talking about, see if you can find it...

topshot
11-26-2003, 12:35 AM
I know what you're talkin' about. Saw the same Screen Savers episode. I believe that guy called it a "Yoshi." I'll see if I can dish up a pic of it.

EDIT- This bites! I can't find a pic anywhere!

wassup
11-26-2003, 12:55 AM
I want an atomic bomb.
*laughs like a maniac* :evil1:

j/k I probably want the newest Alienware computer. :rock:

obi
11-26-2003, 01:32 AM
Yes yes! Christmas, the time of cheer and family, and running away from your in-laws. By Jove, I love this time of the year for some crazy reason.

Just ask Obi-Claus what you want, and if you've been nice, we'll see about it. ;)

But if you'd like, you can get Obi a better graphics card!

Give something back, people! Every year I bust my chops trying to make you people and little kids happy. But what do I get? Nothin!

*grumbles and goes into a bottle of Mr.Daniels*

Jedi Luke
11-26-2003, 03:54 AM
I have no idea what i want for Christmas. I am looking at a DVD-+-R/RW drive for my pc, but i wont be getting that for christmas.

Tyrion
11-26-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by topshot
I know what you're talkin' about. Saw the same Screen Savers episode. I believe that guy called it a "Yoshi." I'll see if I can dish up a pic of it.

No no, Yoshi is the guy who talks about the gadgets like that. He's the overweight one.

Anyway...a plasma screen 60' with 8.1 surround sound(THX and EAX certified) with a dvd player with the best progessive scan. Then add in a top of the line Alienware computer.

I would drool over that.

DarkLord60
11-26-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
No no, Yoshi is the guy who talks about the gadgets like that. He's the overweight one.

Anyway...a plasma screen 60' with 8.1 surround sound(THX and EAX certified) with a dvd player with the best progessive scan. Then add in a top of the line Alienware computer.

Anyone who gets an AlienWare PC has got someone who loves them a whole lot or they just like spoiling ya!

KBell
11-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Anyway...a plasma screen 60' with 8.1 surround sound(THX and EAX certified) with a dvd player with the best progessive scan. Then add in a top of the line Alienware computer.


*Drool*

Seems like a lot of people have AlienWare computers on their Chirstmas lists this year (And every year for that matter ;) )

Elijah
11-26-2003, 03:10 PM
Alienware is waaaaaaaaaay over priced -_-

El Sitherino
11-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ZDawg
Alienware is waaaaaaaaaay over priced -_- I agree.

TiE23
11-26-2003, 03:55 PM
What ever is the best!!! :D

TiE

BawBag™
11-26-2003, 04:07 PM
A muckle T.V. + DVD player - All Bond movies, Star Wars OT DVD (wishful no?) a mini-fridge to store 12 cans of Stella. :D

KBell
11-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Alienware is waaaaaaaaaay over priced -_-


now now, lets not make this into a debate on what computer is better. Alienware is still extremely spiffy ;)

BongoBob
11-26-2003, 05:00 PM
An Alienware Area 51m system with:

3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Depot Service
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Area-51m Case with 16.1" UltraXGA 1600x1200 LCD Display - Conspiracy Blue
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache
SiS648FX + SiS963L AGP8X Chipset
1024MB DDR PC-3200 - 2x512 SO-DIMMs
AREA-51M ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Module with 128MB DDR
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX USB External
Hitachi 60GB 7200 RPM ATA100 with 8MB Cache
Additional Storage 80GB 4200rpm Hard drive
2x1x8x DVD-RW / 16x10x24x CD-RW Combo w/Software
Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-R 52x 80 Minute 50-Pack Spindle
Integrated 10/100Mb Ethernet NIC
56K Modem with V.92 Technology
Built-In Wireless 802.11a/b/g miniPCI Card
Bluetooth USB Adapter
USB Floppy Drive
Additional Primary Lithium-Ion Smart Battery Pack
Additional Full Range 160watt AC adapter
Lexmark-X6170 All-In-One Office Center with 6' USB Cable
Creative GigaWorks™ S750 - 7.1 700-Watt Speakers
Sennheiser RS85 Stereo Wireless Headphones with HiDyn Plus
Creative® NOMAD® Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB USB 2.0
15' USB 2.0 Cable with Blue LEDs
NEC 22" MultiSync FE2111SB Flat CRT - Black
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - USB - Conspiracy Blue
Targus Sport Standard Computer Backpack - Platinum/Black
Alienware™ USB 2.0 256MB Flash Drive
Belkin K100 Security Key Lock
AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion Pack
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII
Call Of Duty
Command and Conquer: Generals
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Dead to Rights
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Enter the Matrix
Final Fantasy XI
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Halo: Combat Evolved
Home World 2
Max Payne 2 : The Fall of Max Payne
Medal of Honor Allied Assault™
Medal of Honor Allied Assault: Breakthrough
PlanetSide
Sims: Double Deluxe Edition
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tron 2.0
Unreal Tournament 2003
Warcraft III
WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
XIII
Microsoft Works Suite 2004
Norton AntiVirus™ 2004 Professional Edition
Bonus 12-Month Subscription to Computer Games Magazine!
Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System

A 3MB cable connection
And a butload of money for the connection and monthly fees for some of the games I get with the comp, of course. All for only $7500, too

If you're gonna dream, dream big.
:D

Clemme w/Stick
11-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Give me 256 MB DDR Ram and I'll be happy :).

-Clemme

KBell
11-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Thats a pretty damn big dream ya got there Bongo, now THAT"S what im talking about people ;)

TiE23
11-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Okay Bongo, now thats just plain unhealthy :D

TiE

Jedi Luke
11-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Nice one Bob!:D

KBell
11-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Tie 23
Okay Bongo, now thats just plain unhealthy :D

TiE


Bongo posted something that I wanted this thread to be pointed towards. Anyone else got any big ones? ;)

BongoBob
11-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Why thank you, I do things like this all the time with my mom :)
I would also take one like the one in this comic
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20030523.jpg

:D

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
An Alienware Area 51m system with:

3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Depot Service
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Area-51m Case with 16.1" UltraXGA 1600x1200 LCD Display - Conspiracy Blue
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache
SiS648FX + SiS963L AGP8X Chipset
1024MB DDR PC-3200 - 2x512 SO-DIMMs
AREA-51M ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Module with 128MB DDR
Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 NX USB External
Hitachi 60GB 7200 RPM ATA100 with 8MB Cache
Additional Storage 80GB 4200rpm Hard drive
2x1x8x DVD-RW / 16x10x24x CD-RW Combo w/Software
Verbatim DataLifePlus CD-R 52x 80 Minute 50-Pack Spindle
Integrated 10/100Mb Ethernet NIC
56K Modem with V.92 Technology
Built-In Wireless 802.11a/b/g miniPCI Card
Bluetooth USB Adapter
USB Floppy Drive
Additional Primary Lithium-Ion Smart Battery Pack
Additional Full Range 160watt AC adapter
Lexmark-X6170 All-In-One Office Center with 6' USB Cable
Creative GigaWorks™ S750 - 7.1 700-Watt Speakers
Sennheiser RS85 Stereo Wireless Headphones with HiDyn Plus
Creative® NOMAD® Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB USB 2.0
15' USB 2.0 Cable with Blue LEDs
NEC 22" MultiSync FE2111SB Flat CRT - Black
Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 - USB - Conspiracy Blue
Targus Sport Standard Computer Backpack - Platinum/Black
Alienware™ USB 2.0 256MB Flash Drive
Belkin K100 Security Key Lock
AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion Pack
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII
Call Of Duty
Command and Conquer: Generals
Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour
Dead to Rights
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Enter the Matrix
Final Fantasy XI
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Halo: Combat Evolved
Home World 2
Max Payne 2 : The Fall of Max Payne
Medal of Honor Allied Assault™
Medal of Honor Allied Assault: Breakthrough
PlanetSide
Sims: Double Deluxe Edition
Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tron 2.0
Unreal Tournament 2003
Warcraft III
WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne
XIII
Microsoft Works Suite 2004
Norton AntiVirus™ 2004 Professional Edition
Bonus 12-Month Subscription to Computer Games Magazine!
Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black
AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System

A 3MB cable connection
And a butload of money for the connection and monthly fees for some of the games I get with the comp, of course. All for only $7500, too

If you're gonna dream, dream big.
:D

MMM, god damnit you made me crap myself in excitement...but if that was what I got for x-mas, I wouldn't mind crapping myself everysingle day :), I would just make myself a self made millionaire off that system...and I would donate a couple mill to the forums of course ;). Hey, I just had a great idea, GIMME MONEY AND ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!!!

[EDIT] Oh yeah, you forgot the most advanced hyperthreading on that rig, so that at least 2 games and a movie and a DownLoad could all run at once...GOD DAMNIT I NEED A DIAPER!!!

leXX
11-27-2003, 09:22 AM
I'd like a dishwasher. My husband just ain't cutting it anymore! :D

Crow_Nest
11-27-2003, 09:36 AM
I'd like a money-making machine. :D

KBell
11-27-2003, 06:44 PM
I'd like a money-making machine


Very......uh........original........;)

Agen
11-27-2003, 10:24 PM
http://www.spinmaster.com/toyData/1/0/0/0/sp2.jpg
These things kick ass :D
Lottery win
A DOG
New Spoon Shrine with self duster
Spoon Case
Spoon Mobile Cover
Spoon Poster
Spoon with human mind-reading possibilites would be sweet to :)