PDA

View Full Version : 'Melee Mod' is awesome!!!

mariners2001
11-25-2003, 11:57 PM
Wow! This is definitely the best mod so far for JKA so far (though that isn't saying much due to the lack of editing tools/SDK).

The weapons are amazing...I'm going to have to investigate the pk3 file to see how they did this. And the blood...umm...whoa...it splatters on your face and such....nasty but effective.... ;) ....Also you can completely whack people around with some heavy clubs and such....good stuff....also the 'Wolverine' claws are insanely cool - leaving scratch marks on the opponents!!

Download this if you haven't already....the link on LucasFiles is up:
http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=327

Awesome!! Two thumbs up!!

EDIT: Wow....hilt-makers be aware...check out this .sab file...tons of commands i never knew existed!

axe1
{
name "Battle Axe"
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/axe1/axe1.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/sword/draw1.wav"
soundLoop "sound/effects/null.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/sword/swing4.wav"
numBlades 3
saberLength 22
saberRadius 4
saberLength2 18
saberRadius2 3
saberLength3 12
saberRadius3 2
saberstylelearned strong
saberstyleforbidden fast
saberstyleforbidden medium
saberstyleforbidden tavion
saberstyleforbidden dual
saberstyleforbidden staff
twohanded 1
throwable 0
noWallMarks 1
noDlight 1
noBlade 1
noClashFlare 1
trailStyle 1
g2MarksShader "gfx/damage/bloodcutmark"
g2WeaponMarkShader "gfx/effects/bloodsplat"
spinSound "sound/weapons/saber/saberspinoff.wav"
swingSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low1.wav"
swingSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low2.wav"
swingSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/swing_low3.wav"
hitSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard1.wav"
hitSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard2.wav"
hitSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/stab_hard3.wav"
blockSound1 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low1.wav"
blockSound2 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low2.wav"
blockSound3 "sound/weapons/sword/block_low3.wav"
blockEffect "sparks/spark.efx"
hitPersonEffect "sword/hitperson.efx"
hitOtherEffect "sparks/spark.efx"
noIdleEffect 1
knockbackScale 1
damageScale 2
breakParryBonus 1
parryBonus 1
lockable 0
lockBonus -1
blocking 0
disarmBonus 1
onInWater 1
bounceOnWalls 1
moveSpeedScale 0.8
animSpeedScale 0.8
noStabDown 1
noManualDeactivate 1
}

So even a no blade option without messing with the saber effects and such...

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Heh, now someone will have to make a "Kill Bill" mod... :)

Thrawn42689
11-26-2003, 01:06 AM
That's not the only possiblity, Mike...I'll have to look into this. (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/the_battle_continues.jpg) :)

Thrawn42689
11-26-2003, 01:37 AM
When I try to start it, I get this message:

Originally Posted by jamp.exe:
UI_SaberLoadParms: ran out of space before reading shield1.sab
(you must make the .npc files smaller)

Anyone know how to fix this?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
When I try to start it, I get this message:

Anyone know how to fix this?

You probably have other mods in your base dir, this is inadvisable as the different pk3 files can conflict. Really, all mods should be in their own dir...

mariners2001
11-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Heh, now someone will have to make a "Kill Bill" mod... :)

LOL! YEAH!!!

"Kill Bill" kicked ass! By the way, ChangKhan, why weren't some of these commands added to the default .sab file read-me thingy? Just curious, but I know others could definitely take advantage of little things like that....

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
That's not the only possiblity, Mike...I'll have to look into this. (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_img/the_battle_continues.jpg) :)

Sweet... I bet someone could make a Matrix mod for Jedi Academy that's 10 times better than "Enter the Matrix"... :D

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by mariners2001
LOL! YEAH!!!

"Kill Bill" kicked ass! By the way, ChangKhan, why weren't some of these commands added to the default .sab file read-me thingy? Just curious, but I know others could definitely take advantage of little things like that....

Yeah, for the patch, I added a ton of new fields into the .sab file... there should be a template.sab or a readme or something somewhere in the pk3 files... (I gave it to some people, looks like it's in the melee.pk3, too!)

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 02:07 AM
It's also up at pcgamemods.com: Melee Mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3186/) , but I don't see it up at massassi.net or jk2files.com.

Thrawn42689
11-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Sweet... I bet someone could make a Matrix mod for Jedi Academy that's 10 times better than "Enter the Matrix"... :D

That's our goal, actually. :p

The Matrix: Unplugged (http://ut2k3net.com/cazor/)

Anyway, I found out what was causing the problem. I couldn't play it because I didn't have the 1.01 patch installed. I hadn't installed the patch because it gave me an "invalid directory" error. Turns out the error occured because my game CD was in the drive. :(

Cazor

heh, thrawn got here first, same mod, but yeah

You know... its funny that you brought that up. This stuff is absolutally awesome, and i lead the matrix unplugged mod for jedi academy. Do you have some instant messenger i could talk to you with? I have the following:

AIM: CazorFett
MSN: Cazor_Fett@hotmail.com

If you could message me that would be awesome.

Great job on this, too.

[FotF]Maddog
Odds are you wont see it www.jk2files.com for quite some time due to the enormous backlog and the lack of people to get the files posted in a reasonable time.

With that said this is pretty cool and with all the screenshots available at pcgamemods it look like its at least worth checking out.

:mad: Dog

mariners2001
11-26-2003, 02:32 AM
Yeah, for the patch, I added a ton of new fields into the .sab file... there should be a template.sab or a readme or something somewhere in the pk3 files... (I gave it to some people, looks like it's in the melee.pk3, too!)

Whoa...never knew that was added! Very cool stuff! Thanks ChangKhan!

mariners2001
11-26-2003, 04:29 AM
And since I still see you around - I had a couple of Q's Chang....

1) Anyway we can make it so the blades can't deflect projectiles? This is sort of a must for sword mods...unless it's just sword-vs-sword combat...

2) Is it possible to keep the marks (saber slashes/cuts) on the player character to stay forever....I hate how they disappear...It'd be kind of cool to see how your character looks after a massive battle...hehe

Any thoughts?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 04:41 AM
And since I still see you around - I had a couple of Q's Chang....

1) Anyway we can make it so the blades can't deflect projectiles? This is sort of a must for sword mods...unless it's just sword-vs-sword combat...

2) Is it possible to keep the marks (saber slashes/cuts) on the player character to stay forever....I hate how they disappear...It'd be kind of cool to see how your character looks after a massive battle...hehe

Any thoughts?

Hmm, not sure, never tried either of those. You may be able to set "blocking" to 0 in the .sab file... I think it'll still block projectiles that hit it, but it won't auto-block? Probably need a modder to add another field to the .sab file (and I thought I thought of everything!) But if you're doing a real-world mod, bullets and that sort of thing are just traces (instant-hit) and wouldn't hit the blades anyway. Normal projectiles (like, say, an arrow) should be hittable by swords, so... probably don't need to mess with it...?

As for keeping the marks around longer... I don't think that's possible without a code change (I think the cg_g2marks acts differently in MP than in SP, but I don't think it controls how long the marks last). Your game would chug quite a bit, though, if marks stuck around forever, that's adding a lot of polys everytime it makes a ghoul2 mark on a player model!

Strideur
11-26-2003, 06:48 AM
OMG this mod is so much fun. I especially like using that massive hammer and launching the baddies across the room.

Thanks for posting it :cool:

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Holy Toledo!

Thank you Chang, I'll make use of this.

Kurgan
11-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Glad you guys are enjoying it. Whoever made that mod knows what I like!

Update: The link is now fixed (thanks Visac!) grab it here:

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=327

Be sure to vote!

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 02:49 PM
I noticed a bug, and I've the feeling it isn't the melee mod's fault.

OK. Select claws on one hand, single saber. Note it has fast style.

Now, after applying it and suiciding so it shows, select dual sabers and place two claws. Suicide.

Notice how the dual claws still have fast style, kata included?

Now suicide again. The dual claws now are dual style (And the barrier doesn't work properly)

So I imagine it's a bug in the saberStyle cvar, not the mod... Since it specifies TAVION, yet is completely ignored.

ADDITION: Attempt to forbid dual style in any single weapon, and learn another, say Strong. Now try to use it as a dual. Notice it ignores the cvar to forbid, and attempt to swap to strong results in the cursor moving, then immediately switching?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
I noticed a bug, and I've the feeling it isn't the melee mod's fault.

Heh, yeah, the saber combat system was never intended to be able to switch from one style to another in so many twisted, rapid ways... :) I'm not surprised, frankly, that doing so causes some oddness... :/

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 03:26 PM
What bothers me though is that a particular cvar is seemingly ignored entirely (saberStyle), unless the readme isn't telling us something. Is there something you have to do to get it working?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 03:31 PM
What bothers me though is that a particular cvar is seemingly ignored entirely (saberStyle), unless the readme isn't telling us something. Is there something you have to do to get it working?

There is no "saberStyle" cvar (cvar = console variable) that I know of... do you mean the "saberStyle" key in the .sab file? Are you talking about SP or MP?

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Oops, yes, that key. In MP, yes. (I thought it was called a cvar, heh.)

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Oops, yes, that key. In MP, yes. (I thought it was called a cvar, heh.)

It may act differently in MP, the saberstyle cycling rules and mechanics were written completely seperately from the SP saberstyle stuff I did and I'm not too familiar with it... :/

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 03:38 PM
Ah, i see. Oh well, the forbidden, learned stuff suffices rather nicely.

Rainer511
11-26-2003, 05:11 PM
I played this for a good hour or so in the ladder.... but are there any servers up yet that support this mod!? It'd be awesome to play online. Maybe there could be an official mod server or something.

Kurgan
11-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Maybe I'll try hosting it when I get back from Thanksgiving break (I get this week off).

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Awww, no server? Pity.

Wudan
11-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Bug Kaia to toss it up. I've yet to try this mod, I will when I get a chance.

Lathain Valtiel
11-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Man, I'm pretty chummy with Kaia but he won't listen to me on this one.

MuRaSaMuNe
11-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Wow! This is definitely the best mod so far for JKA so far (though that isn't saying much due to the lack of editing tools/SDK).

Actually, the SDK is released at fileshack. http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4146

THis mod is awesome though. :cool:

eniaC
11-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Wudan
Bug Kaia to toss it up. I've yet to try this mod, I will when I get a chance.

Maybe Amidala from Chop Shop would run it, she has a melee server up occasionally. :giveup:

Kurgan
11-26-2003, 11:14 PM
*eyes bug out* SDK???

Wooo hooo!!!

==============

PS: I tried out Melee Mod 1.0 online. Sadly the blood is greatly subdued (probably to cut cpu usage) and there's no blood on clothing or weapons. The weapons work like a charm though!

Plus the lightsabers are still available (and still act like lightsabers). Neat!

Chuahtemoc
11-26-2003, 11:29 PM
:D Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet i cant wait to try this, good find!

Sam
11-26-2003, 11:53 PM
Sword and sheild combo is great!!!!

the only problem is the claws are a bit wonky, you can just run up to poeple and hit the attack key and they die instantly.

Sam Fisher
11-27-2003, 12:41 AM
BLOOD!! GORE!!! YAYA!!!!

Ahem... cool mod.

t3rr0r
11-27-2003, 12:57 AM
the hammers and giant shurikens are my favourites of the mod. ^_^

Azrael666
11-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Im loving this thing to bits, shame you run out of enimies and have to suicide out into the cold vacuum of space.

All the varied weapons behaviours are simply superb, and seeing the wolverine claws made me want to go back to my aborted 'saber-gauntlet' idea i had playing outcast.

And the blood is amazing, no suitable for lightsabers which cautarise, but great for all the blades.

Some ideas that I may put to the guys that made this:

Kill Bill mod- I guess were all thinking the resturant and the Crazy 88 as a Ladder game?
Right-handed shield that uses the boxing/unarmed style and can be thrown for a Captain America effect.
Any kind of single player story game, or just normal levels.

I really hope we see more from these guys.

idontlikegeorge
11-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Yeah, this is a very cool mod. I'm making a site to showcase screenshots I take while playing this! :p

One thing I've noticed, though, is that the mod really has a high gamma setting... so lighting looks bright and washed out.

Azrael666
11-27-2003, 01:17 AM
I think that can be remidied by starting the mod, saving, quiting, opening normal JA and then select the mod and open the save. It should look normal then.

SpecialForces
11-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Not to sound like a *us*y or anything but I think It would be really cool of you could turn on or off the blood. Some parents dont like that stuff.....
for an example

cg_bloodgore 1 "default 0 "
g_bloodgore 1 "default 0"

or something like that

BTW: is there a way to view a rancor model with md3 viewer without having jk3..
I REALLY WANT TO!!
but I dont have jk3 yet :(

Rainer511
11-27-2003, 01:59 AM
One thing I liked about this is that the blood only works on the cutting weapons. Hammers just pound, and when you use blasters or lightsabers they act the same they would without the mod. Sabers still close the wound, while a pair of claws make blood splatter everywhere.

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
11-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Hey, jk2files.com has the music pk3 for this mod up... the map randomly plays one of these pieces when you jump out of the pit. I have it and it's pretty cool (my favorite is the song from "Kill Bill"... :)

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=20914

eniaC
11-27-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by SpecialForces
Not to sound like a *us*y or anything but I think It would be really cool of you could turn on or off the blood. Some parents dont like that stuff.....
for an example

cg_bloodgore 1 "default 0 "
g_bloodgore 1 "default 0"

or something like that

BTW: is there a way to view a rancor model with md3 viewer without having jk3..
I REALLY WANT TO!!
but I dont have jk3 yet :(

Speaking as a parent I would second that.

SlapNut
11-27-2003, 04:34 AM
melle mod's cool, checkl out this pic, my green sabre with fire

http://server4.uploadit.org/files/271103-shot0258.jpg

i love the claws too, easy to use. and how u can send opponents flying 10 metres with the huge big slow weapons

Rumor
11-27-2003, 05:14 AM
this looks to be a damn creative mod. i guess i'll have to check it out.

props to the makers.

Vulkan_HFB
11-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Yep this weapon pack does rock, we've been playing with it on our server all day... Everyone loved it.

I think I'll keep it uploaded if anyone wants to play come on over and get Bopping people with the giant hammer. =)

66.98.176.173:29070

I also uploaded a fix for the claw weapon, it's not as damaging anymore. The reason the original is so damaging is because it acts as 3 sabers, coupled with the fact that it has a damage scale of 2 and that the forward slash has 6 separate sabers hitting you at once... It's no wonder it kills in one hit. =)

Anyway, here we've put it at 2 sabers per claw and .85 damagescale so it takes 3 or 4 good hits to get a kill now. We also did away with the wonky field of view changes, didn't like those at all...

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by eniaC
Maybe Amidala from Chop Shop would run it, she has a melee server up occasionally. :giveup:

I have uploaded the melee mod to my #2 server 66.98.177.150 and requested that my host make the necessary command line change to start the mod. However, he just left on vacation tonight, although he said he'll still check his email, so it may take awhile before he responds.

Hopefully I'll be running it in the next few days. This is a professionally-hosted 16-player server sharing a box that has dual Xeon with OC-3 connection. I don't know when it will launch, so the lightsabers might be nerfed until I can write a new config file.

Vulkan_HFB
11-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Amidala, I have the same problem... That is to say, I do not have direct control over the command line and the parameters needed to start my server using a different game folder. However because this pack does not modify any game code whatsoever, you can safely put it in your server's base folder and have anyone that wishes to use the new weapons put a copy of the pk3 file in their respective base folders as well. You can stop your server and delete the file when you're done.

This is, of course, not the correct way of doing it, but it works fine when you're in a hurry. :)

Kurgan
11-27-2003, 12:36 PM
WooooO! We played the heck out of that mod last night and boy was it fun!

Lathain won, I came in last (until Grim saved my rep, thanks Grim, j/k). ; )

Of course we learned how dodgy the Battlehammer and Claws were... and we never did figure out how to get the blood flowing like it did in SP (think we saw maybe 1 blood decal the whole evening, although I did see some gray streaks on my model once or twice). Starting to gain a few favorites among the weapons, like the Lirpa.

The mod doesn't feel very balanced, but I know that wasn't the point, the point was just to show what could be done with the melee weapons!

Prime
11-27-2003, 03:03 PM
I'll be checking this out. Is it MP only, or SP as well?

Azrael666
11-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Theres a ladder mode for SP.

idontlikegeorge
11-28-2003, 02:37 AM
Maybe it's good the trails hide what's behind them...
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee013.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee014.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee015.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee016.jpg

Last man standing.
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee021.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee022.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee023.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee024.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee025.jpg
http://mad-science-labs.com/jedi/melee/melee026.jpg
So much for that.

I got more screenshots of different weapons, and on the ladder map... but not uploaded yet...

Kurgan
11-28-2003, 03:52 AM
Right now the mod is geared more towards SP I'd say, mostly because of the blood problem and the balance issues.

However, that doesn't mean the that it couldn't BECOME a better MP mod.

Again, the point of this mod was as a demo of what could be done (according to the authors), so in that I think it does a fine job.

Lathain Valtiel
11-28-2003, 03:54 AM
I'm honestly tempted to try to balance it... Right now stuff like the Uber Sword and claws are overkill.

Kurgan
11-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the "Spanking Sword" as I am wont to call it. ; )

defalc
11-28-2003, 10:15 AM
I love the claws, they're serious ownage. :D

Haven't seen anyone with the torch in the SP ladder.

What's funny is if you get the huge hammer and use the knockback to send people flying through the open porthole so they get sucked into space.

Sam
11-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Kurgan
WooooO! We played the heck out of that mod last night and boy was it fun!

Lathain won, I came in last (until Grim saved my rep, thanks Grim, j/k). ; )

LOL atleast I didn't come in last:p. Tesla went to spec then rejoined and saved me

It was tons of fun though.:D

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-29-2003, 04:13 AM
Sorry folks, changed my mind. There are too many cool mods coming out. I'll be putting xMod on Chop Shop #1 and #2. If I do melee at all, it will be on the upcoming Chop Shop #3 only until the almost-finished Instagib mod for JA comes out. Then #3 will be going Instagib.

eniaC
11-29-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
Sorry folks, changed my mind. There are too many cool mods coming out. I'll be putting xMod on Chop Shop #1 and #2. If I do melee at all, it will be on the upcoming Chop Shop #3 only until the almost-finished Instagib mod for JA comes out. Then #3 will be going Instagib.

Yeah, your server will fill up faster that way, most melee servers I've seen don't get that many people on them, wise choice.

t3rr0r
11-29-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by eniaC
Yeah, your server will fill up faster that way, most melee servers I've seen don't get that many people on them, wise choice.
possibly because it involves downloading the mod... although i haven't seen any melee servers period.

//stratosph34r
11-29-2003, 03:05 PM
hmmm this community is creating some suprisingly unpussified mods, maybae there is hope for it after all

:jawa

manoman81
12-01-2003, 10:55 PM
This mod has been great. I have seen great things while playing this. My only complaint is that on some of the SP levels, some of the texture (not on the weapons, on the walls and floors themselves) come up missing. I'll try to post some pics later if someone can give me a good site to go to and use.

Lathain Valtiel
12-02-2003, 02:15 AM
An extension has been released over at pcgamemods.. Adds some cute stuff like a chainsaw.

Kurgan
12-02-2003, 02:17 PM
Looks like two in fact:

http://pcgamemods.com/3228/

http://pcgamemods.com/3238/

-----------------------------------
PS: Boycott Omnimod! Shame on the author for releasing it with all the amlame commands. ; p

Thankfully he didn't release the source though. Thank goodness for small blessings...

Lathain Valtiel
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Looks like two in fact:

http://pcgamemods.com/3228/

http://pcgamemods.com/3238/

-----------------------------------
PS: Boycott Omnimod! Shame on the author for releasing it with all the amlame commands. ; p

Thankfully he didn't release the source though. Thank goodness for small blessings...

Don't use 3228 if you want to keep lightsabers.

defalc
12-03-2003, 09:50 AM
Hey, jk2files.com has the music pk3 for this mod up... the map randomly plays one of these pieces when you jump out of the pit. I have it and it's pretty cool (my favorite is the song from "Kill Bill"... :)

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=20914
Does anybody know what songs the files "smack" and "busychild" are? I opened the pk3 to see what was there. Can't identify these two.

Alegis
12-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Melee mod IS awesome, though there wasn't any music (if it was then probably i screwed something up) but to cure that i played smack my bitch up like in the old ladder one..good ol times. The weapons are awesome, a bit too monotonous in colour, and the long pikeman weapons with the shuriken (throwing stars) were certainly the best, gonna play it lots of times but then change the weapons each time

*gives 4 stars to mod*

edit: nvm i'll download that music thingy from jk2files

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by defalc
Does anybody know what songs the files "smack" and "busychild" are? I opened the pk3 to see what was there. Can't identify these two.

"smack" is from Kill Bill and "busychild", I think, is "O! Fortuna" by Carl Orff (used in a lot of trailers for movies, and used in "Excalibur").

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
12-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
Melee mod IS awesome, though there wasn't any music (if it was then probably i screwed something up) but to cure that i played smack my bitch up like in the old ladder one..good ol times. The weapons are awesome, a bit too monotonous in colour, and the long pikeman weapons with the shuriken (throwing stars) were certainly the best, gonna play it lots of times but then change the weapons each time

*gives 4 stars to mod*

edit: nvm i'll download that music thingy from jk2files

If you're playing in SP, you just need to go to jk2files.com and download the Melee Mod music pack... then put it in your melee folder...

ManaMana
12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
Maybe this will become a "Counter-Strike" for JA? I mean, when the next version comes...

Anyway, I'll be posting a poll about this mod, be sure to check in!

razorace
12-03-2003, 09:08 PM
I doubt it. It's pretty unbalanced and only has superficial changes.

OSIFRACRAT
12-03-2003, 11:57 PM
You must remember the first version of CS? It wasn't all that new at time, just enhanced teamplay with two sides that had only one skin for each side.

Beta 1 REPRESENT :cowdance

Nufu
12-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Hey, I see alot of you guys are interested in a Kill Bill mod. Well there just happens to be one in production:) Check out our topic

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=119063

razorace
12-04-2003, 12:11 AM
And exactly how is that similar to Melee mod? At this point all we have is some modified sab/efx files and some vague references to some sort of ninja mod.

Azrael666
12-04-2003, 12:23 AM
I cant seem to get dismemberment to work properly in singleplayer, when i boot up the mod and play the normal singleplayer story. All the gore effects and weapons are there, but only arms come off, even if i enter the saberrealisticcombat code. Can anyone explain this?

razorace
12-04-2003, 01:10 AM
saberrealisticcombat is no longer a valid cvar after the 1.01 patch. Use g_sabermorerealistic instead.

defalc
12-04-2003, 04:13 AM
"smack" is from Kill Bill and "busychild", I think, is "O! Fortuna" by Carl Orff (used in a lot of trailers for movies, and used in "Excalibur").
Ah, sweet, thanks very much. You wouldn't happen to know which Kill Bill song it is?

ChangKhan[RAVEN]
12-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by defalc
Ah, sweet, thanks very much. You wouldn't happen to know which Kill Bill song it is?

The one from the trailer. I don't know which one, I don't own the soundtrack...

Lathain Valtiel
12-05-2003, 07:27 PM
I believe some server admins (Kurgan...) are interested in THIS:

http://pcgamemods.com/3284/

And maybe this.

http://pcgamemods.com/3290/

Flatlegz
12-06-2003, 03:55 AM
You probably have other mods in your base dir, this is inadvisable as the different pk3 files can conflict. Really, all mods should be in their own dir...

Um, I still get that blasted error. I've tried to make the dir and everything, still no dice. Please help yo. :)

Flatlegz
12-06-2003, 05:09 AM
my bad, I reinstalled the game and it fixed it!! This **** is stabbing good fun

Flatlegz
12-06-2003, 05:13 AM
alright. i got one.

How do i spawn other melee weps during other single player missions. (IE.... "saber dual_2" for the double blade saber)

darkmatter55
12-06-2003, 03:46 PM
does anyone know the npc commands to spawn the custom npcs?

razorace
12-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by darkmatter55
does anyone know the npc commands to spawn the custom npcs?

And this is related to melee mod how?

Azrael666
12-06-2003, 06:47 PM
I expect he means the modified Alora and Tavion models.

I dont have time right now, but i used the bind_melee.cfg to get all the weapons in singleplayer, i expect if you open that up in textpad (I think it should be in melees folder).

For added amusement in the ladder mode, set "g_corpseremovealtime 0" and watch the bodies mount up! I wonder if there is a command to stop the blood stains vanishsing (I expect that stuff like cuts in the walls made by sabers would stick around too if there was)

Covax
12-07-2003, 05:01 AM
Heh, yea this is all good stuff. I've been tinkering with the stuff, to eventualy release in a new WMA mod.

A cool 'Flaming Fist' and 'Quantum Fist' effect:
http://members.rogers.com/covax/flamefist.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/covax/qfist.jpg

Ya punch a guy, he flies across a room with a glowing burn mark on his chest... Prefect for anyone in the market for a Dragon Ball Z type-mod.

All I need to figure out is how to get steam to rise and a punch animation... :cool:

Azrael666
12-07-2003, 05:42 PM
I want to make it so my hair goes yellow and stuff! Now thats a mod right there!

Are the existing 'unarmed' punch actions no good for you?

Jobie
12-07-2003, 06:38 PM
Actually I gotta say, the Kill Bill track is called "Battle without honour or Humanity" The soundtrack rocks....

To here bits of it for free, simply wait for us to finish mod, then download then serve cold.......

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119063

kmd
12-07-2003, 07:03 PM
in one of the weapons updates, how do you get the chainsaw to work????? like what is the command to get it, saber chainsaw1 does not seem to work

Kinnopio?
12-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Is there a way to play the normal SP game with melee weapons, ie the claws? Using "saber claw1" works for the two handers, but only gives one claw, how would I get 2 so I can dual wield?

razorace
12-08-2003, 01:59 AM
"saber claw1 claw1" I beleive.

Covax
12-08-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Azrael666
Are the existing 'unarmed' punch actions no good for you?

Oh they're good enough... I'm just too lazy and/or dumb to figure out animations for myself... :p