PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer problem with AI

saurumonk
11-27-2003, 03:21 AM
every time i try to play single player and set minimum players to 1 or 2 my cpu opponent gets kicked after about 5 sec of sparring- any ideas on how to fix this? even if I add a cpu and spectate they both get kicked when i get near them.

Also looking for a Noob server ( not one which has those who act like noobs- but one for those that really dont know how to play and can learn from one another...)

Sam Fisher
11-27-2003, 03:24 AM
1st question: Mine does that sometimes too, does yours do it all the time?

2nd question: I would reccomend the @ BWN servers.

saurumonk
11-27-2003, 04:59 AM
yeah it does it constantly now.

i tried dueling before i installed patch and worked fine now every time i reload bots they kick within a few sec.

Kurgan
11-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Try this:

//bots
seta bot_enable "1"
seta bot_minplayers "4"
seta g_npcspskill "5"
//change the above to however many bots you want
//they will be kicked off as each person joins

Those are the settings I use. Recently I had some weird problem where bots were getting added even though I had everything at 0, but usually it works fine.

saurumonk
11-27-2003, 03:39 PM
thanks kurg but this was in the single player version of multiplayer- ill try it to see if it works anyway....

and also i signed up at bladeworks to try and get on a server last night but when i go to the screen to add favorite and type in url it doesnt appear on the server list- its just stuck in the checking for servers mode.....i've put in around 5 or so server urls and still nothing has come up- any thoughts on that?

razorace
11-27-2003, 05:44 PM
You need to remember to include yourself in the minimum player number.

saurumonk
11-27-2003, 05:59 PM
yeah i got it to work finally there are still some bots that kick but i been dueling against jedi trainer with no problem- it seems like reborns are the ones to go faster than the rest.

fixed my join problem with game...called search from favorites instead of internet :D

thanks for help

razorace
11-27-2003, 06:11 PM
It means that you're trying to put more bots into the game than your max player setting. You need to include yourself in the max player setting.