PDA

View Full Version : Eminem


Darth Eggplant
11-28-2003, 12:09 AM
today travelling along the highway, at a fairly descent pace, watching the solid line of twinkly lights heading out of the city, in dead christmas tree gridlock. my brother puts on a tape of music, one of his new favourites Eminem (if I am saying the name right)
*yes I am old, and just not with it* anyhow I liked listening to it, which surprised me cause I did not think I would.

now I don't even know if M&M is a rapper, or his music is house, or hip hop, but i di like one song, it talks about himself calling himself by some alter ego name. my brother says the video for this song is really funny and he likes it.

so what I want to know is swampies who like Eminem,
could you copile me a best of list, review some albums, provide me with a discography,
hell if you want to go hog wild and do a biography on the guy, please feel free. or PM and talk on messenger with me.
I think I would like to have some of his music to listen to.
(and as it stands I like a lot of different kinds of music.
metal, alt, industrial, techno, pop, even some rap)
so I am willing to give this gendre of music a go.

also talk or post any feelings about other cool artists and songs that you like, and that you want an eggplant to listen to.:cool:

RockerD
11-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Personally I don't much care for some of his songs such as "Kim"
but he has some decent songs like "Sing for the Moment" and "Lose Yourself"

ZBomber
11-28-2003, 12:43 AM
I don't really like him either, he stole Aeromsith's song (Dream on :()

But, it is rap. go to lyrics.com They have all the songs of him, you can find what one, and then.... er.... buy it.... ;)

RockerD - Sing for the Moment is Dream on, except he changed the rest of the song to how he hates everyone and how is childhood was ****ed up.

Jedi Luke
11-28-2003, 12:48 AM
Nah, i don't like rap it all. I reckon its a real crap style of music, therefore i don't like Eminem's music. Metal all the way!

RockerD
11-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
RockerD - Sing for the Moment is Dream on, except he changed the rest of the song to how he hates everyone and how is childhood was ****ed up.
I know this
How can I be a rocker and not know this? :rolleyes:

99% of rappers steal beats

ZBomber
11-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by RockerD
I know this
How can I be a rocker and not know this? :rolleyes:

99% of rappers steal beats

You like Rock AND Warcraft.... are you some sort of God? :D

RockerD
11-28-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
You like Rock AND Warcraft.... are you some sort of God? :D

If im a god then you are too my friend :cool:

DarkLord60
11-28-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I don't really like him either, he stole Aeromsith's song (Dream on :()

But, it is rap. go to lyrics.com They have all the songs of him, you can find what one, and then.... er.... buy it.... ;)

RockerD - Sing for the Moment is Dream on, except he changed the rest of the song to how he hates everyone and how is childhood was ****ed up.

He claims that he lived in a hell hole but I've seen his house and niehborhood it is not that bad.

Darth Groovy
11-28-2003, 02:20 AM
He cracks me up sometimes. :)

Jared
11-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Darth Eggplant
today travelling along the highway, at a fairly descent pace, watching the solid line of twinkly lights heading out of the city, in dead christmas tree gridlock. my brother puts on a tape of music, one of his new favourites Eminem (if I am saying the name right)
*yes I am old, and just not with it* anyhow I liked listening to it, which surprised me cause I did not think I would.

now I don't even know if M&M is a rapper, or his music is house, or hip hop, but i di like one song, it talks about himself calling himself by some alter ego name. my brother says the video for this song is really funny and he likes it.

so what I want to know is swampies who like Eminem,
could you copile me a best of list, review some albums, provide me with a discography,
hell if you want to go hog wild and do a biography on the guy, please feel free. or PM and talk on messenger with me.
I think I would like to have some of his music to listen to.
(and as it stands I like a lot of different kinds of music.
metal, alt, industrial, techno, pop, even some rap)
so I am willing to give this gendre of music a go.

also talk or post any feelings about other cool artists and songs that you like, and that you want an eggplant to listen to.:cool:


Eminem....well...here is the thing. I thought he was an idiot....I made fun of him...and I hadnt heard one song by him. So one day....(I was in a group home so I was really depressed and pissed) well I threw on the eminem show. It had just came out....and....I dunno what it was. But I could relate to so much of the music, and I realized I liked it. I never would have thought I would like eminem back then...so well I dunno. But I was hooked. Ever since then....I have practicly every eminem song there is , even the underground songs, which are better than the official, and his original album infinite...which I got of ebay.....and every album of his.....including MM ep in which very few copies were sold. Its like....his music...there is a song for every mood....some of the songs....crack me up whenever I listen to them, and the angry songs, like 'soldier' or 'kim'....when I listen to those songs when I am really pissed....its like it vents all the anger out of me...its the weirdest thing. But I have found thats the best way to deal with most problems.....instead of fighting them out or....well....blowing them off is much better.....especially if its really not worth fighting about....like a relationship or friendship. I don't know where I would be now without that music, that was the one and only thing that got me through the group homes and back home....and for that...I thank him. I know, most of the people here, most likely, either hate him or dont care.....but I dont know what I would have done without those cds....they were my most prized possesion at the time. And tho, I am not as fanatic a fan as I was before.....I can relate to alot of his music...and I like the way it sounds...which is weird cause I really dont listen to rap....except for eminem. Usually people call me racist for that....^^ well ok.....but I cant relate to....those dumbass songs like....that one by nelly...."hot in here" omg...that is one of the stupidest songs I have ever heard in my life....well whatever. Yes, I am a fan of eminem, probably one of the only ones here. I noticed most people here are into metal type of music....thats cool....I dont really like metal....or hard rock....I dunno why.

some of his best songs are:
Kim
Lose yourself
Soldier
Stan
Rock Bottom
Sing for the Moment( yes....the chorus is from an Aeromsith song...)
White America
Marshall Mathers (which is his real name...in case you dont know)
The way I am
Rabbit Run
Hailies song
Cleaning out my closet (the first eminem song I ever heard)
8 mile road
If I had....
Still dont give a F*ck


and some funny ones are
Kids
Forget about dre
My name is
My dad's gone crazy
Superman
Role model

and the first really big hit of his...."the real slim shady"
I doubt there are many people who havnt heard that song...^^

his albums are:

8 mile soundtrack (Aftermath / Interscope 2002-2003)
The Eminem Show (Aftermath / Interscope 2002)
Marshall Mathers LP (Aftermath / Interscope 2000)
Slim Shady LP (Aftermath / Interscope 1999 )
Slim Shady EP (Not Sold Anymore) Indie Release 1997)
Infinite (Not Sold Anymore) (Indie Release 1995 )


and this is the most complete list of his cds, songs and lyrics there is....they have the lyrics to some underground songs even...
clicky (http://www.eminemworld.net/lyrics/)
if you want any more info pm me....I know everything you could think of. ^____^

Kylilin
11-28-2003, 04:48 AM
I reckon its a real crap style of music, therefore i don't like Eminem's music. Metal all the way!

Yes, metal is so much more a valid form of music.

99% of rappers steal beats

It's closer to 99.9%, but thats part of why I love it. To take a beat, combine it with other sampled elements and create something that it was not meant to be is an art in itself.

Most of you who don't like rap because you have only been exposed to newer rap, which, as a native of Da Bronx, NY, the birthplace of rap, I think is garbage. Any rap classified as Old School is worth listening to and should be given a chance because it was done with a much higher standard than what passes for rap today. The lyrics as well as the beats were superior in every way. This is because way back when, rap was not popular, and that means for a rapper to get a record deal, he/she had to be extremely good. Nowadays, any idiot who can rhyme more than two sentences gets a record deal. the quality has gone way down because rap is so mainstream.

One of these exceptions is Eminem. he rhymes with the proficiency of a poet. And if you don't believe me, you should check out some of the lyirics to his songs. Eminem says a lot of creative, funny stuff.

Rogue15
11-28-2003, 01:21 PM
I also just started listening to his music. I'm surprised i actually liked it.

ZBomber
11-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Some of his songs are alright. But some, he aims his anger at someone, like Kim. I'm ashamed people actually buy those kinda songs.... :disaprove:

Just my opinion thoguh, I doubt half of you would agree that Aerosmith is the best band in the world, so..... :p

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-28-2003, 07:18 PM
The only song that has any lyrics that are his own, and are pretty good, Is "lose yourself", other than that hes just another wanna be that people wanna be...you get that?

Elijah
11-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Well I have very high music standards, and I grade lyrics very strictly... Eminems lyrics and the way he puts his words together is AMAZING... He is a genius with words... I don’t agree with the topics he sings about all the time, but non-the-less I can understand and respect that he’s just another guy who puts his heart on paper and puts it to a beat...

I used to hate him, disrespect him, I was rather Close-minded about his music, until a good friend of mine put on his song "Cleaning out my closet"... They guy has been through a lot, as have I and I can relate in the sense that the only was he knows how to express himself is the way of music.

like Kim. I'm ashamed people actually buy those kinda songs.... If that’s the song I think it is, that was a letter Eminem got from a fan, it wasn’t something he did....

If anyone wants to hear some Christian songs written to Eminem, listen to KJ-52 - Dear Slim, and KJ-52 - Dear Slim #2.

Elijah
11-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
The only song that has any lyrics that are his own, and are pretty good, Is "lose yourself", other than that hes just another wanna be that people wanna be...you get that? I dont want to seem like Im defending him, because honestly I dont agree with him in many aspects, but he wrote alot of his music, and lyrics... I doubt you have heard any of his music if you say the only good original of his is "lose yourself"

Jared
11-28-2003, 07:22 PM
heh...weird I have the one song....dear slim...I dont agree with what he is saying, my friend gave it to me...^^ but the lyrics are catchy...

Elijah
11-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Lemme see if I can find the lyrics on line... I dont see how you couldnt agree with them, as there isnt anything to really dissagree with...

here we are...

Dear Slim:

Dear Slim I never wrote you or been callin
My name ain't Stan son, nah we've never met and
My name's KJ let me begin by introducing now
Myself to you and these very reasons I'll be writin
Why I took the time, the who what where and why and
The purpose of my verse, the reasons I'm reciting
What I hope your learnin from the truth I pray your finding
And every word I'm writin down upon the dotted lines and
See I heard ya first album, was called Infinite
I shook my head cause nowadays you soundin different
What drove ya take your whole persona and be flippin it now
What makes a man totally change see I ain't getting it
See was you sick of getting booed when you was rippin it
And sick of never havin dough and you your wanted to put an end to it
What good's all kinds of dough
Plus all kinds of flow
To gain a world of fans but suffer the loss of soul

CHORUS
La la la la la la,
La la la la la la la la
To whom it may concern x4

Dear Slim I never wrote you or been calling
This is my 2nd letter cause see son I gots a real problem
It's that to you that I'm always catching these comparisons
And after shows I got these people coming up to me sayin
You sound like Slim Shady son you sound like Eminem
And I be like now really man, do I gots to go through this again
See I used to get mad and sick of people saying that
Till at this one show this one day I met this one cat
He told me how he used to listen to you but now he listens to me
Had your LP but threw it out and bought my CD
I'm like for real he's like yeah he said my music made a difference
It got him away from all your words and images
I gotta mention this, now what about the effects you have on kids
You ever stop to think about the millions you influence
Or is it just irrelevent is it true life you telling it
Or just the way for some record companies sellin it
The only think we got in common is our melanin
Or lack of it but anyway now this is what I'm sayin
It's for you that I'm on my knees now daily prayin
Prayin that God opens your eyes now to what I'm relayin
Now I'm praying that it's your heart that will soon be changing
Prayin one day that you'll be calling upon His name and
But anyway I'm signin off now don't keep me waitin
This is KJ another cat just trying to make it

CHORUS

Dear Slim I heard about the stuff you's going through
See I could relate to you cause son I'm about as old as you
See we both know what it's like just to be growing up to be in a neighborhood
When you's the only one and only kid that's white
Or to get booed when you on the mic just because your skin is light
It ain't right but sometimes you know that's life
But really tell me what you do
You just push on with hopes on that someday you'll put on your crew
I hope you understand that I ain't even dissin you
And even though its a song you'll probably never listen to
See what I send to you is this
Is that a life without Christ is just a life that is never fixed
Hope you remember this now a few sentences
About a living God who loves you and plus forgives
And I'll be praying for your ex-wife and plus your kid
It's hard to live in a world as crazy as this one is
And even though now it really might sound redundant
God's got mad love for you up in a mad abundance
You'll sell a couple mill I'll probably sell a couple hundred
There's more to life then selling records and just getting blunted
But anyway that's really all I gots to say
Just another word from an emcee now around the way
Maybe some day we meet each other in some way
Till then one love one God one way

CHORUS


Dear Slim #2

la la la la la
Dear slim
la la la la la
la la la la la
yo yo yo yo
la la la la la la la la yo
la la la la la la la la la yo
la la la la la la la la Dear slim Part 2
la la la la la la la la yo
Dear slim i wrote you but you aint callen
its been a couple years now since i wrote that song en
alot has changed now for you and I
I had no clue that I would write a song for you and
it would change some lives
Kids with tears in the eyes
they now come up to me
showing love to me
and telling me that they look up to me
The effects to me well
were really kinda strange to see
I only wanted to share with you now
Jesus done for me
but theres a whole nother side to things now
that I come to see
Its a huge influence you got upon on the industry
but enough of me
cause its not what i came to say to you
not a day goes by while i take time to pray for you
sorry now for what your mom and dad
what they did to you
but i can relate with you
cause well see dude iv been there too
I know theres a lot of pain and hurt
now that youv been through
but never forget theres a real love that god gave to you

la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la still to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la To whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la Its still to whom it may concern

Yo dear slim i wrote you and you still aint callen
backstage at the VMAs someone gave you my song and
I kinda wonderen what you thought man
Or when that guy walked up to you
and talked to you and put it in your hands
Maybe you never listen to it or
maybe you lost it
or maybe you heard it and you just got mad
and then you tossed it
did he hits you back
thats the question i always get
Im like well god for bide you might even of liked it
I dont know but
congratulations on your movie yo and
Heard your last record well ova ten million sold
but theres one thing that gots me thinkin bro
dose the grammy mean anything if its just got a carcass sole
In case you didnt know theres a lovin that will never go away
you say your goin to hell but it dont have to be that way
see the bottom line of what im tryin to say is
god puts back the broken peaces
that are were thrown away
If even everyone you know
just up and goes away
he'll still love you till the very day
that your of that old and gray
to bad alot of Christians all they do is hate on you
instead of dropen it there knees
and taken time to pray for you
its ovious that you really love your doughtier dude
for that i gota tell you well i really got respect for you
so here it is dear slim chapter part 2
another cat tring to make it just like you

la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la still to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la To whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la Its still to whom it may concern

Yo dear slim did you hear the junk that im goin through
Kinds sending me hate mail and telling me
how im fighting you
telling me how they gonna beat me up and just kill me too
but alot of people they just seem to get my song confused
see what i say to you i know it might even sound funny
but i never came at you just to paint you has the enemy
it wasn't about haten or spunten some controversy
it wasn't about blamen you or tryn to make some money na
i dont claim to know everything that youv experienced
man i dont even know if even ever be hearen this
but i said it once and i still hold it is
is that a life with out Christ is still a life that is never fixed
ill tell you this even if its a hard pill to swallow
like it or not slim your gonna always be a roll model
do you know these kids were the ones they always follow
what we say and how we live gives them a better tomorrow
iv had my share of some plus man iv been rejected
iv been chewed up spit out and cussed disrespected
but if i die to day and never sale another record
Jesus gave me more than i ever could of been expected
i know life is hectic it can leave you blowin away
but check it bro cause we just gonna die someday
and on that note well theres only one thing still left to say
theres still one love and one god and only one way

la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la still to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la To whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la Its still to whom it may concern

la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la still to whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la To whom it may concern
la la la la la la la la
la la la la la la la la la Its still to whom it may concern

obi
11-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I've wrote my own "Dear Slim." Here goes:


Dear Slim,

Stop. Please, for the love of God, stop everything. Next time you have a thought, let it go. Don't speak. Don't even open your mouth because when you do, people want to drive cars into the nearest tree or tree-like structure. Yes, you are that annoying.


Thank you,

obi-wan13

Jared
11-28-2003, 07:43 PM
I used to be a christian...but I kinda abandoned it...because I lost to many damn friends by being 'mr. christian'.....and I almost lost the one person I care about the most in this world.

I do not agree with that kind of stuff anymore....I admit...when I first heard the song I thought It was dumb because I got very upset when people dissed eminem....but then I guess he wasn't really dissing him...I dunno. The lyrics are catchy, well written, but I dont agree with them. That's all.


oh yea, and I have infinite, eminems first album, and well....he talked about sex and prostitutes and drugs and violence just the same in that, just not as much...so I dont know what he is saying by eminem changed from infinite....most people have never heard it, but think its so different from his newer albums...there isnt that much of a difference...he should have tracked down the album and bought it like I did before he wrote about what he didnt know all the details on. Otherwise its a good song...both of them, I just picked up the other kj album cause I wanted to hear dear slim pt.2 ....just curious I guess....he's a good rapper...and they arent many good rappers out there.....know what I mean?
but I dont agree with the lyrics.


Originally posted by obi-wan13
I've wrote my own "Dear Slim." Here goes:


Dear Slim,

Stop. Please, for the love of God, stop everything. Next time you have a thought, let it go. Don't speak. Don't even open your mouth because when you do, people want to drive cars into the nearest tree or tree-like structure. Yes, you are that annoying.


Thank you,

obi-wan13

*stares at you with crazed look in eyes*

*twitch*


*twitch*

Elijah
11-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Thats respectable TK... The thing about him singing about Eminems First CD, is somthing alot of my friends who are fans of Eminem talk about... I dunno if KJ really listened to the CD or just wanted somthing to add to the song...

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ZDawg
I dont want to seem like Im defending him, because honestly I dont agree with him in many aspects, but he wrote alot of his music, and lyrics... I doubt you have heard any of his music if you say the only good original of his is "lose yourself"

Well Z, your doubt goes up in flames because my next door neighbor(apartment building) has it going about 3 times a day...and so much for your "doubt"...

But anyways, if your life is that bad, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SING ABOUT IT!!! Just doesn't make sence to me :rolleyes:

Elijah
11-28-2003, 07:55 PM
You obviously dont know anything about expressing emotion?

Jared
11-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
Well Z, your doubt goes up in flames because my next door neighbor(apartment building) has it going about 3 times a day...and so much for your "doubt"...

But anyways, if your life is that bad, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SING ABOUT IT!!! Just doesn't make sence to me :rolleyes:


eminem's 'lose yourself' is not even close the best song he has ever done...and what do you mean....he writes almost all of his songs...eh....whatever. The best song is hailie's song....by far.

but, you know how many millions of kids can relate to his music? I don't know why he writes....he wanted to grow up and be a rapper...maybe thats why, but, either way, when you talk about your probems, and people relate, it makes them seem less.....well it makes them a hell of alot easier, knowing someone is going through the same thing.
And how is he a wanna be....answer me that....because I'm afraid I dont know what you are talking about...who does he 'want to be' ....hmmm?

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Emotion???? when does he say anything but swear words and making fun of his family and other people...where can I find this "emotion" you speak of in his songs? If you ask me, his talent goes to waste on all of those songs...

Jared
11-28-2003, 08:03 PM
obviously, you have never heard his albums, so you shouldnt be talking about what you have no idea about.....mk?

no offence...I am not trying to be rude.....but you really should get the facts instead of just dissing him for no reason. Of course, I suppose I used to, so I'm not really one to talk....but...get the facts...before you talk...otherwise....you sound like you dont know what you are talking about.....well...because you dont.^^

obi
11-29-2003, 02:31 AM
I believe Triumph the Insult Comic Dog said it best it the song "I Keed" :

"Hey Slim, my mother was a bitch too, but I don't go writing songs about it."

*Crowd stops at looks at triumph*

Good Music Video if you seen/see it, btw.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-29-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by TK-421
obviously, you have never heard his albums, so you shouldnt be talking about what you have no idea about.....mk?

no offence...I am not trying to be rude.....but you really should get the facts instead of just dissing him for no reason. Of course, I suppose I used to, so I'm not really one to talk....but...get the facts...before you talk...otherwise....you sound like you dont know what you are talking about.....well...because you dont.^^

Sorry to shoot this out dated thread to the top again, but I just told you that my neighbor listens to that like its a bible on tape, so just remember to read the posts before you reply...its all about opinions my friend, thats all it is. And to add to this topic, I think DMX is the hip hop king around herrr ;), even though he don't give a rats ass about his fans...now that I think of it, neither does Eminem :eek:, hope that put this topic into perspective before we start a religion about this not-so ghetto living now rich for no reason person ;), hey I summed him up in what 9 words? :p

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-29-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by TK-421
eminem's 'lose yourself' is not even close the best song he has ever done...and what do you mean....he writes almost all of his songs...eh....whatever. The best song is hailie's song....by far.

but, you know how many millions of kids can relate to his music? I don't know why he writes....he wanted to grow up and be a rapper...maybe thats why, but, either way, when you talk about your probems, and people relate, it makes them seem less.....well it makes them a hell of alot easier, knowing someone is going through the same thing.
And how is he a wanna be....answer me that....because I'm afraid I dont know what you are talking about...who does he 'want to be' ....hmmm?

Oooh forgot to read this one...To answer the Q at the bottom, it's not that he wants to be someone its more like a somthing. He wants to be powerful on pointless lyrics that have to do with drugs, gay people, and celebrities...and we have enough problems with that stuff on the news, so why the hell would we need to hear it in a song?

txa1265
11-29-2003, 02:52 AM
If I wanted musical depth, it surely wouldn't be any popular form.

If I wanted true poetic insight, it wouldn't be in any popular music (and I can't stand opera).

If I wanted funny music, I'd put on Frank Zappa or Wierd Al.

I like some hip-hip - specifically A Tribe Called Quest and Black Sheep are my faves - but recent stuff has this trend of having virtually no harmonic content and sparse beats - which seems to be there to hide the fact that most of these people - like Eminem - cannot sing in tune or with rhythm.

So ... um ... no I don't like him.

Mike

Jared
11-29-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
If I wanted musical depth, it surely wouldn't be any popular form.

If I wanted true poetic insight, it wouldn't be in any popular music (and I can't stand opera).

If I wanted funny music, I'd put on Frank Zappa or Wierd Al.

I like some hip-hip - specifically A Tribe Called Quest and Black Sheep are my faves - but recent stuff has this trend of having virtually no harmonic content and sparse beats - which seems to be there to hide the fact that most of these people - like Eminem - cannot sing in tune or with rhythm.

So ... um ... no I don't like him.

Mike

And I completly understand why you dont care for that type of music....because you arent growing up with it. You grew up with other types of music, most likely different than your parents...thats usually how it works...but since I was raised on this type of music, I like it. Rap, Rock...anything really.
If I like the beat, the sound, the voice, anything, I dont care what it is, I will listen to it. I listen to weird al, I listen to dido, I listen to eminem, I listen to blink 182, I listen to the beach boys, I listen to system of a down, I listen to allen jackson, which is country, and sometimes I find myself listening to pop. I dont care. Music is music, not matter what type, it can all be good...it all depends on what I think when I first hear it.



Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
Sorry to shoot this out dated thread to the top again, but I just told you that my neighbor listens to that like its a bible on tape, so just remember to read the posts before you reply...its all about opinions my friend, thats all it is. And to add to this topic, I think DMX is the hip hop king around herrr ;), even though he don't give a rats ass about his fans...now that I think of it, neither does Eminem :eek:, hope that put this topic into perspective before we start a religion about this not-so ghetto living now rich for no reason person ;), hey I summed him up in what 9 words? :p

you said your friend has it on 3 times a day when you referred to the the lose youself song. And I listen to eminem like it was a bible on tape. I have heard practicly every song there is by eminem. Obviously, you havnt heard hardly anything.....so you shouldnt even be talking about it in the first place.:rolleyes:

blah blah...what it all boils down to is, you are probably jealous of him. and as for your double post, why dont you ask the millions of kids that listen to him....obviously, if you relate reality to music, its going to sell. Think about it. People get over that emo crap pretty quickly....and....they tried to diss him...and shut him down...make him stop rapping......but sorry....Its impossible......and It aint gonna happen anytime soon. I understand how people dont like him cause they are annoyed by how popular he is, when all they see is a rich dumbass....what makes him stand out is he is white. Do you really think they would say anything to him if he were black? ex: 50 cent has the same type of lyrics, and violent lyrics are very popular in rap....and always were. So, why do they bug eminem? cause they are racist, yet they would never admit it.....they dont want him to do it cause he is white. Well, guess what. thats how idiots think. I dont care if you dont like him, everyone is entitled to their own opinions....so....I am no one to tell you what to believe.
but all of this, is my opinion. If I come off as rude....I didnt mean to...it just ticks me off, but then, I am sure I tick you off also.

Peace.

obi
11-29-2003, 03:07 AM
I don't like him because he raps, not because I am jealous of him. I don't like rap. I don't like any rappers. I don't like any type of rap, or any type of rapper.

The only exception is the song I mentioned earlier, "I Keed" by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Kylilin
11-29-2003, 04:34 AM
I like some hip-hip - specifically A Tribe Called Quest and Black Sheep are my faves


Now there's someone who speaks my language. A Tribe Called Quest is my favorite rap group as well. Black Sheep is good too.

Darth Eggplant
11-29-2003, 05:11 AM
*shout out to TK-421, you say PM me,
dog clean out your message boxes:cool: *

I love your siggy!!!!!!
but you neeed to fix that avitar.
take an element from your siggy
and accessorize man.
the american smiley face is cool.

anyhow I am glad peeps are voicing out what they think of music. I know music is a very personal and political pop culture. i was manager of a Head Shop in the 80's, and saw the many many faces of music. from Boy George fans (dressing like him)
to Motorhead, to KISS, the Smiths, the Cure. I have seen rude boys and danced to Madness; I have been in the mosh pit with bands like Ministry and the Ramones. I have met Alice out of make up when he is just plain Vincent, smoozed at record parties with Iron Maiden, met Metalica, and David Gilmore, shared a drink with Declan McManus (Elvis Costello) ....the point I am making is like TK first stated, if you find something in the music; the lyrics, the beat, whatever, if it speaks to you on any level what-so-ever; then emerce yourself in it. time changes and your fav's of childhood sort of change to.

I mean no one wants to admit this, but one day soon
if you have not already; you are going to catch yourself
singing along with the musak you hear in an elevator
or the frozen food aisle as you quest for pizza pops :D

so far to date there are only 3 types of music i dont like.
(and of the three sometimes I like, 2 of them, the third
I just can not abide with what-so-ever.) anyhow your
friends and peers, class mates and work mates are never
always going to like what you like.
just pump the volume:D

Kylilin
11-29-2003, 06:20 AM
I find that as I get older, I am liking jazz more and more. The source of it comes from the style of rap I listen to. Groups like A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul, who filled their beats with older, more obscure jazz samples.

Datheus
11-29-2003, 06:29 AM
People take Eminem too seriously... That's the point everyone misses. He virtually stands up there and says "Don't take me seriously!" And yet, everyone does...

On a lyrical level, I can somewhat relate to him... He gets a bit repetative though. Beat-a-woman this, kick-a-baby that. The main reason I don't like him is because I can't stand rap, and I find his voice to be annoying.

STTCT
11-29-2003, 06:52 AM
I like him (except for some very explicit songs you-know the ones)

My favorite is on the Marshall Mathers CD = which I think is the best cd.

The Way I Am


I always listen to that when I am mad at someone :)

Darth Rythe
11-29-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by RockerD
Personally I don't much care for some of his songs such as "Kim"
but he has some decent songs like "Sing for the Moment" and "Lose Yourself"

What he said.

Jared
11-29-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
I like him (except for some very explicit songs you-know the ones)

My favorite is on the Marshall Mathers CD = which I think is the best cd.

The Way I Am


I always listen to that when I am mad at someone :)

yea, heh.....thats a really good song to listen to if you are mad. and yea, MMLP is by far his best work.

Darth Eggplant
11-29-2003, 07:58 PM
i found the without me video and song to be quite funny, and i think there was a lot of work put into them. i am not entirely upset by explicit lyrics, but it depends how they are used, and how often. i mean for many impressionable kids, hearing swearing is so cool that they get carried away by it all. you have to remember that Marshall the man, eminem the stage name and slim shady the alter ego of a stage name are all seperate entities. and if shady is going to make money for marshall by intentionally swearing and acting badly, well he marshall is going to take the money and run is he not.

now some of the songs i dont care for. i admit they are still put together well, but the subject matter does not speak to me. especially i think all the stuff about women.
trouble with this is, so many guys say one thing in front of women the famous "oh i am not like that, i don't feel that way about women, i don't talk about women like that etc...
but then as soon as they are laone with guys, or when the pressure is on, out comes the B word, or worse.

if Eminem is talking about something he kind of knows like rap rap artist, street violence stuff like that, so long as he can rhyme his way around just continuos F this and F that, well coupled with music and creative video's its kind of cool. but like i said it is so easy and so tempting to do the easy and simple thing of just being controversial and in your face just to make a quick buck. young fans and new fans have to keep it real and remeber that it is music or entertainment, it is not suppose to be emulated or worshipped as gospel truth, religiously. marshall feels he wants to and has to express himself, he feels he has had a bad life and this is his way of therapy, but as he says repeated in his lyrics again and again
do not take me seriously, do not become a shady wannabe cause there is only one shady and thats me, kids if your parents were watching you more closely you would not be sneaking off to buy an album.
now again marshall and his relationship with his mother may have messed the guy up about women for life, the way you can help marshall out, is only buy and support what you think is good. not all of his work no matter what. marshall is as much a business man as anyone else, ands if he sees kids are not buying his albums because they dont find the matterial intersting, he willl switch styles so fast it will make some of you hard core fans wonder if he is selling out?

Kylilin posted the following

I find that as I get older, I am liking jazz more and more. The source of it comes from the style of rap I listen to. Groups like A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul, who filled their beats with older, more obscure jazz samples.

that is so true, and even marshall is going to change and musically express himself differently.

I intend to find and listen to the eminem songs i find funny or which have a message i can relate to, the other songs, the ones i deem are out there for pure shock factor and nothing else, i am going to ignore because i dont have an impressionable mind.
i also dont need to listen to women hating songs
i like women.

forums and chats tend to be male orriented, our numbers in the swamp sort of show it, i have always told members when chating on messenger with them, they should try joining a few yahoo groups, which seem to made up by a mojority of females. it will not hurt, you, actually it will make you a better person to listen to and chat with girls, just so you can see they are in many ways just like you. they like to play games, listen to music, go see movies, read books etc.

at any rate even if without me is the only eminem song i ever own, i like it and the video that goes with it. i am not afraid to check out any band or artist and give them a try.

fabulousjedi
11-30-2003, 03:12 AM
i dont really like him

Acrylic
11-30-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by fabulousjedi
i dont really like him

Dude, justify why.

I used to like him. I still listen to a song or two sometimes. I just don;t like rap in general, because its not interesting to me anymore, and to me, it doesnt have the same creativity as rock like Led Zeppelin, Kid Rock, The Clash, Ozzy, etc.

RockerD
11-30-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
it doesnt have the same creativity as rock like Led Zeppelin, Kid Rock, The Clash, Ozzy, etc.

preach brotha preach lol :p......
continuing onto that list Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Kiss, Metallica, Nirvana and the list goes on and on and on and......

Jared
11-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Dude, justify why.

I used to like him. I still listen to a song or two sometimes. I just don;t like rap in general, because its not interesting to me anymore, and to me, it doesnt have the same creativity as rock like Led Zeppelin, Kid Rock, The Clash, Ozzy, etc.


Led Zeppelin and Ozzy are pretty damn cool. ^^

Originally posted by RockerD
preach brotha preach lol :p......
continuing onto that list Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Kiss, Metallica, Nirvana and the list goes on and on and on and......

hmmm... I dunno why, I just never liked metallica....I mean I have heard so many people tell me it was awsome, but when I listened......it just didnt click.

CapNColostomy
11-30-2003, 08:17 AM
I don't like him. I hope him, and anyone who looks like him dies in a car fire. ACID BATH RULES!

Acrylic
11-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
I don't like him. I hope him, and anyone who looks like him dies in a car fire. ACID BATH RULES!

Thats pretty mean dude. What did he ever do to you personally?

RockerD
11-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
I don't like him. I hope him, and anyone who looks like him dies in a car fire. ACID BATH RULES!

Was that really necessary???
Just because you dont like someones music doesnt mean you should wish death upon him and his fans....

CapNColostomy
11-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Thats pretty mean dude. What did he ever do to you personally?

Personally? Nothing unless having to hear his nasally voice, and ****ty music everywhere I turn counts. What do 99% of the people he talks trash on do to him personally? And do you make him account for it?

CapNColostomy
11-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by RockerD
Was that really necessary???
Just because you dont like someones music doesnt mean you should wish death upon him and his fans....

Well, no it wasn't "necessary". This thread isn't "necessary", for that matter. But the thread's about liking him or not, correct? And before you get his "fans" sending me death threats, I didn't say I wished death on his fans. I said "anyone that looks like him". I'm sure that probably covers a few of his fans, yet excludes waaaay more of them. I made a generalization, but more than that, I made a joke. So it wasn't funny to you. Lighten up. It's not like when I bow my head to pray at night, I even think of Eminem. Much less wish he'd die. Sheeesh.

Acrylic
11-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Personally? Nothing unless having to hear his nasally voice, and ****ty music everywhere I turn counts. What do 99% of the people he talks trash on do to him personally? And do you make him account for it?

Ya know, you don't have to hear his "nasally" voice and ****ty music. If someone starts playing it, walk away. Its as easy as that. No need to wish death upon him.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Well, no it wasn't "necessary". This thread isn't "necessary", for that matter. But the thread's about liking him or not, correct? And before you get his "fans" sending me death threats, I didn't say I wished death on his fans. I said "anyone that looks like him". I'm sure that probably covers a few of his fans, yet excludes waaaay more of them. I made a generalization, but more than that, I made a joke. So it wasn't funny to you. Lighten up. It's not like when I bow my head to pray at night, I even think of Eminem. Much less wish he'd die. Sheeesh.

Well, then when DO you think of Eminem and wish he'd die?

CapNColostomy
11-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Ya know, you don't have to hear his "nasally" voice and ****ty music. If someone starts playing it, walk away. Its as easy as that. No need to wish death upon him.

Yeah, that IS easy. So next time a car load of snot nosed brats dressed like they're "Straight Outta Compton", in their badass new car daddy bought for them pull up next to me four red lights in a row, with that crap blaring at volumes no human should be able to endure, I'll just get out of my car, and walk away. Easy as that.




Originally posted by Acrylic
Well, then when DO you think of Eminem and wish he'd die?

Pretty much anytime I think of him at all. Seeing a thread about him on a forum, sitting next to people at red lights, watching the news when he has his snoot plastered all over it, flipping past MTV (yes, just flipping past, not stopping.), seeing his pastey white mug on 45 dvd's at the video store...He's everywhere!

Arreat
11-30-2003, 06:03 PM
I never liked rock... If i wanted to listen to people screaming at the top of their lungs in a microphone highly off tune then i'd just listen to my sister try to sing celine dion songs. Rap its alright but im not a great fan of eminem. Eminem has some good songs but he has alot of crap ones too. As for my favourite I like to listen to church hyms. :P

Acrylic
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Yeah, that IS easy. So next time a car load of snot nosed brats dressed like they're "Straight Outta Compton", in their badass new car daddy bought for them pull up next to me four red lights in a row, with that crap blaring at volumes no human should be able to endure, I'll just get out of my car, and walk away. Easy as that.

Well, thing you could do is blast up your own fave music in your car. Then, hopefully, theyll join the rock revolution.

Jared
11-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Well, no it wasn't "necessary". This thread isn't "necessary", for that matter. But the thread's about liking him or not, correct? And before you get his "fans" sending me death threats, I didn't say I wished death on his fans. I said "anyone that looks like him". I'm sure that probably covers a few of his fans, yet excludes waaaay more of them. I made a generalization, but more than that, I made a joke. So it wasn't funny to you. Lighten up. It's not like when I bow my head to pray at night, I even think of Eminem. Much less wish he'd die. Sheeesh.

wow....so much anger



I think someone needs a hug:D

RoguePhotonic
11-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Oh bitch bitch bitch about eminem...he is number 1 and has more money then U!!!....ain't life a bitch!! :p

CapNColostomy
11-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Meh, if having more money than God means taking it from behind from Dr. Dre, or pretending to be something I'm not (a black man), I'll stay broke.

Acrylic
12-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
or pretending to be something I'm not (a black man), I'll stay broke.

There, I agree with you on something.

If the guys white, he should act white for god's sake!

But don't say you have more money than God. Its anthichrist to say it. o.O ;) :p

RockerD
12-01-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
pretending to be something I'm not (a black man), I'll stay broke.

I can see it now.....
*Eminem gets pulled over by a cop*
M&M: There a problem officer?
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
M&M: Uhhh.....Cause I think I'm Black??? :p

obi
12-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Woa woa woa, and who the hell said that black people act like that? I know a lot of black people that are nice and have manners, and don't pull on their crotch every 3 minutes. However, I know plenty of white, chinese, and mexican people that act like a "gangster." I am not racial profiling because I know that there is at least one soul from every race on this planet that acts like that. Sad, but true. Eminem act like a black guy? No. Eminem act retarded? Yes.

RockerD
12-01-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Woa woa woa, and who the hell said that black people act like that? I know a lot of black people that are nice and have manners, and don't pull on their crotch every 3 minutes. However, I know plenty of white, chinese, and mexican people that act like a "gangster." I am not racial profiling because I know that there is at least one soul from every race on this planet that acts like that. Sad, but true. Eminem act like a black guy? No. Eminem act retarded? Yes.

Ya I do too.....but if you grew up here you see where hes coming from.....

Acrylic
12-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Eminem act like a black guy?

Yes he does. Well, the typical black "ganster" 50 cent type person. I nkow alotta nice ungangster black people. But the majority that I've seen act gangster.

ShockV1.89
12-01-2003, 01:57 AM
There are no universal standards of music, despite what many people would have you believe. Just like what you like. Dont like it for the sake of being "different." Dont like it because everyone else does. Like it because it makes you feel good to listen to it.

That said, I like Eminem. A lot. I like his lyrics. I like the way he makes his lyrics flow, and how he can go from snapping off words like pop gun, to softly speaking the words, to practically screaming his rage and anger into the microphone. You might not hear it, but I do. And every now and then, it's good to get a little rage in your music.

And no, old school metal doesn't do it for me. I hate most of it. (People have told me I have no taste for saying that.)

CapNColostomy
12-01-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by ShockV1.89
old school metal doesn't do it for me.

Me niether, really. I do like some of the more hard core stuff though.

CapNColostomy
12-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Woa woa woa, and who the hell said that black people act like that? I know a lot of black people that are nice and have manners, and don't pull on their crotch every 3 minutes. However, I know plenty of white, chinese, and mexican people that act like a "gangster." I am not racial profiling because I know that there is at least one soul from every race on this planet that acts like that. Sad, but true. Eminem act like a black guy? No. Eminem act retarded? Yes.

Right, well let me take a step back. Not ALL black men do that sort of thing. But even if they all did, it wouldn't seem weird, because lots of them already do. Nothing wrong with acting like you're black IF YOU'RE BLACK! Hell, even some of the black folks I know think it sucks to see a young white kid trying to act all "g-money-pimpin" or whatever the hell it is. Especially when most of them only seem to do it when they get themselves around black people. It's like Uncle Tom in reverse. But anyway, I guess if that's what floats your boat, I say have at it. Bling bling 'till you bleed from the sockets of your eyes for all I care, "dawg". It's just not something I've ever been into, or that's ever impressed me. No offense.

http://www.drivenbyboredom.com/bling.htm Good for tons of laughs if pointing and laughing at confused over priveledged white kids cracks you up.

RoguePhotonic
12-01-2003, 05:43 AM
Ok that is enough of this thread for me...all I needed to hear was he is trying to act black.

CapNColostomy
12-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

STTCT
12-01-2003, 06:52 AM
I bought Metalica's last CD and was pissed at it. It sucked so badly. I usually love them!

Stained is really good. Especially from what I've heard of their new CD. I think I want it for Christmas.

50 cent is pretty good. Has some Eminem songs on the CD and I like the CD a lot.

I also Got Sheryl Crow's Greatest Hits. That CD is awesome as well.

I like all kinds of music. It just depends on the mood. Eggplant - you should see the movie 8 mile. It was pretty damn good - Eminem is in it and I really liked him, I mean - the movie.

Jared
12-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
Ok that is enough of this thread for me...all I needed to hear was he is trying to act black.


what the hell?

Act black??


there is no such thing.
Skin color; race makes no difference in music, or anything.
thats a load of sh*t, and I am sick to death of hearing it.
God bless america right?
prfft.

we're acting like nothing but a bunch of idiot racists.


meh.

act black....?


as if.




Originally posted by STTCT
I bought Metalica's last CD and was pissed at it. It sucked so badly. I usually love them!

Stained is really good. Especially from what I've heard of their new CD. I think I want it for Christmas.

50 cent is pretty good. Has some Eminem songs on the CD and I like the CD a lot.

I also Got Sheryl Crow's Greatest Hits. That CD is awesome as well.

I like all kinds of music. It just depends on the mood. Eggplant - you should see the movie 8 mile. It was pretty damn good - Eminem is in it and I really liked him, I mean - the movie.


yea, staind is a good band....I have one of their older cds...and I like the new song, 'so far away', its pretty cool.

RoguePhotonic
12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Ugh...I try to say I was pissed anyone would say he is acting black and it comes out like I said he is.

:swear:

Jared
12-01-2003, 06:32 PM
eh....my bad....I wasn't directing that towards you.....

txa1265
12-01-2003, 08:48 PM
I think a more appropriate approximation is that he is trying to act like he is from an upbringing or environment that he is not - kinda the Vanilla Ice of the new millenium ;)

Mike

CapNColostomy
12-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Yeah, where would anyone get the idea he's trying to act black? :rolleyes:

Acrylic
12-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Yeah, where would anyone get the idea he's trying to act black? :rolleyes:

From the way he talks, dresses, and grabs his balls every minute or so...

Troopr-Undr-Fir
12-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Man is this thread still going on??? All you have to say is that hes crap, or hes God...nuff with the flaming already...I MEAN HOLY HELL!





AHHH CRAP!!!, I just realized that I'm not helpin gwith keeping this thread outa sight :(

CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
From the way he talks, dresses, and grabs his balls every minute or so...

Uh...right...I guess I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough.

CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
Man is this thread still going on??? All you have to say is that hes crap, or hes God...nuff with the flaming already...I MEAN HOLY HELL!


What ever gave you the idea that just because you were tired of reading a thread, nobody should post under it anymore? Or that anyone would bother listening to you in the first place? Here's a novel idea, don't click on threads you don't want to read. And who's flaming? Talking about Eminem in an Eminem thread is hardly flaming...I MEAN HOLY HELL!

RockerD
12-02-2003, 12:22 AM
You do know you can quote both in one post instead of double posting all the time.....

CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by RockerD
You do know you can quote both in one post instead of double posting all the time.....

And you do know that double posting, is posting the same thing twice.....:rolleyes: What do you care anyway? I've been here over a year, and only have 264 posts. None of them are "double posts". There are people that have been here less than six months that have quadruple my post count. So I didn't quote them both in one post. BFD. Lighten up. Really.

obi
12-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Get back on subject, please. :rhett:

Troopr-Undr-Fir
12-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
What ever gave you the idea that just because you were tired of reading a thread, nobody should post under it anymore? Or that anyone would bother listening to you in the first place? Here's a novel idea, don't click on threads you don't want to read. And who's flaming? Talking about Eminem in an Eminem thread is hardly flaming...I MEAN HOLY HELL!

Dude, thats my opinion. But in your case opinions only go so far, now you're just being a dick. Now, if you have anything else assholish to say, keep it to yourself...I'm done.

CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Get back on subject, please. :rhett:

Where are the troll police when you need them?

obi
12-03-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Where are the troll police when you need them?

Ahem, I am the troll police, thank you.