PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Dub

Darth Eggplant
11-29-2003, 07:54 PM
I heard about something called Virtual Dub, I want to take a song from a video and just take the audio and turn it inot an mp3, because the song in the video is a bit different from the song on the album, does anybody have an url for this? have they used it? is it easy? give me the skinny swampies.

Kybur
11-30-2003, 03:48 AM
you just trying to record how long is the song I know of a program that can record 3 mins unless you buy the program lemme find a link

Jared
11-30-2003, 04:22 AM
ok, you can download vdub here (http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.5.9.zip)
and that can save a song from a movie file, not an mov, but avi, mpg, avi, etc, it will convert the sound to a wav file, which is alot larger than a mp3, but is not encoded yet. It plays just as well on winamp, wmp, real player, etc. Most mp3 encoders make you pay money, but I found a few years ago, i'll try to track the links down for you. You can also edit video with vdub, splitting movie files in two....re-encoding them, its on of the most efficient programs I have for that. You can also add new sound to a movie file, its how most music videos you download have unedited sound, but edited video...in case you ever wondered.

hope I was some sort of help.

--Jared

BongoBob
11-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Cool, and let me guess, it involves invader zim...and maybe some vodka and/or tequilla and/or beer, right :D

PS:Nice Blink sig TK!
\n/ <--- Rock sign :D