PDA

View Full Version : Ridable Mutant *SPOILER* (download here!)

night wolf2
12-01-2003, 04:27 AM
does any one know how to ride the mutant rancor like ig-64:) I wouldn't have posted this but IG-64 hasnt ansered this question for anyone

Crow_Nest
12-01-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by night wolf2
IG-64 hasnt ansered this question for anyone

If you had read his post, he said that he WILL NOT post about how to ride the mutant rancor.

Just PM the cheat master. :)

Astrotoy7
12-01-2003, 08:48 AM
yeah, I dont get it, why doesnt ig64 let that one up....

havent seen him around for a while now....might be off playin
KOTOR for all we know...

MTFBWYA

Tesla
12-01-2003, 08:51 AM
It probarly won't post about it cause it's not a cheat that came with the game......It's just a vehicle he made so he could ride it...can be done by anyone :p

Crow_Nest
12-01-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
yeah, I dont get it, why doesnt ig64 let that one up....

havent seen him around for a while now....might be off playin
KOTOR for all we know...

MTFBWYA

Because he said its boring now, and his brother keeps playing SWG so he cant use the comp

EDIT: Have you tried "npc spawn vehicle mutant_rancor_vehicle"?

Kurgan
12-01-2003, 10:21 AM
That's silly, somebody beat it out of him. ; )

Crow_Nest
12-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Whats wrong with that guy? I sent him a PM and he didnt even reply!

And he's online right now.

manoman81
12-01-2003, 10:45 PM
Hopefully I won't get yelled at for this by IG but I think that what I did was spawn a rancor as a vehicle. My problem was that as soon as I got on by pressing the USE key, I jumped right off. So, I just jumped up on top of it and it worked. Haven't tried it since the patch came out. Did that on a wampa to. Kind of funny.

Astrotoy7
12-02-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Because he said its boring now, and his brother keeps playing SWG so he cant use the comp

Wow, some cheat master, gettin tired of our beloved JA so quickly.

And, since his bro is playing Galaxies, then perhaps we'll never see him again :confused:

Admitedly though, when I get KOTOR, JA will lose its place in my D:drive but i'll still re-visit those cool/fun ladder levels for a diversion...

MTFBWYA

Crow_Nest
12-02-2003, 02:57 AM
He's still here, but usally hangs out in the swamp.

IG-64
12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
ya, I hang in the swamp now.
JA, sadly, is getting boring from lack of things to do and now that i've heard that you can use the flamethrower with patch there are no more cheats left :'( *sniff*

now i'm slowly leading my conciousness into insanity by my undying boredom :indif: *sigh* maybe I could just go buy kotor and see what it's like

sorry about that, crow, it kept saying I didn't have any messages

Crow_Nest
12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
You didnt even tell us how to ride the mutant rancor.

IG-64
12-04-2003, 12:44 PM
I want something to live on as ledgend under the name of IG-64, so long, I will be in the swamp if you need me.

Astrotoy7
12-05-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
I want something to live on as legend under the name of IG-64, so long, I will be in the swamp if you need me.

Now that's just plain silly. In fact if you do tell us it will be more legendary because you will be the *first* to have done so. You will have *earnt* the title 'Cheat Master'.

If not, some upstart will come along, and he/she will take the glory.

Besides, apart from looking cool, riding a mutant rancor isn't really that functional, like males having nipples... you dont wan't to be remembered as the 'guy who was almost a male nipple' do you....well do ya......punk ! :p

What the heck are you doing in the swamp, get KOTOR !! From all reports it's the GREATEST STAR WARS GAME EVER !! Quite frankly, Im not surprised... I get to play it next week....

Either that or share Galaxies with your bro..... you might be a level 3 politican by now, and have the ability to inflict vicious paper cuts...... :p

MTFBWYA

SpecialForces
12-05-2003, 11:22 PM
But kotor doesnt have mp?!?!?!?!

I bet he did it by somehow changing the rancor vehicle model.

Astrotoy7
12-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SpecialForces
But kotor doesnt have mp?!?!?!?!

I bet he did it by somehow changing the rancor vehicle model.

No KOTOR doesnt have MP, I played it today for the first time and yes, it definitely could be the greatest SW game ever...it is unique

As for IG-64 ....He also could have simply used photoshop........ (We know he is a wiz with it, look at his sig animation.....)

and so the mutant rancor cheat probably DOESNT EXIST !!!!

MTFBWYA

WadeV1589
12-06-2003, 03:14 PM
npc spawn vehicle rancor_vehicle

Open up assets1.pk3, go to ext_data\vehicles, name of the files (minus the .veh ending) is the spawn vehicle string to use.

night wolf2
12-07-2003, 06:33 AM
thanks for all the posts im sorry for not replying but i was away and had lots of homework to do:)

ExcelsioN
12-07-2003, 07:49 AM
I've made a new mutant_rancor_vehicle file, I dunno if this is how IG-64 did it.

Reply to the post if you want to know how, or I can e-mail you the .pk3 file.

Its a bit buggy, like the rancor, but here's the pic anyways:
http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/071203-shot0127.jpg
http://server4.uploadit.org/files2/071203-shot0128.jpg

[EDIT] I'm working on making it better, right now its too small. Maybe IG-64 knows of an easier way.
Now its back to my physics homework (sigh).

[EDIT AGAIN] Crow I sent you the .pk3 file. :)

Crow_Nest
12-07-2003, 11:28 AM
Once you're done with the mutant rancor, e-mail me the file :)

crownest@poonpipi.com

ExcelsioN
12-07-2003, 01:47 PM
I've managed to get a mutant rancor up to size and rideable, but theres a clipping error with the rider (they're kinda sunk into the rancor). I'll post more if I fix this or if you want the pk3 send me an e-mail.gythu2@hotmail.com

night wolf2
12-07-2003, 06:48 PM
thanks for all the help every ones trying hard thank you all i tryed changing the model for the rancor vehicle where it says model rancor i changed it to model mutant_rancor but failure came first:(

ExcelsioN
12-07-2003, 07:04 PM
thanks for all the help every ones trying hard thank you all i tryed changing the model for the rancor vehicle where it says model rancor i changed it to model mutant_rancor but failure came first:(

That's because you have to create a copy of the rancor_vehicle.veh file AND the rancor_vehicle.npc file (they're both in assets1.pk3). In the .npc file change the snd to mutant_rancor. Change the model on both of them to mutant_rancor and change the names of both of them to mutant_rancor_vehicle. Then zip them up (with 'use folder names' checked or whatever) and put them in /base.

If you want a big mutant rancor, then extract rancor.npc as well as the one's before (do what I said before with the other ones). Scroll down in the rancor.npc file until you see a sub-heading called mutant_rancor. Change this to whatever you changed the other files (you must change the sub-headings in both other files too).

Below that is a line called 'class' and its value is 'CLASS_RANCOR'. Change that to 'CLASS_VEHICLE'. Zip this file up with the rest and voila! One rideable mutant rancor.

[EDIT] Then (in-game) go 'npc spawn vehicle x' (where x is the name of the rancor).

If you can't be bothered to do all that... then just PM me or post or whatever and I'll e-mail the pk3 to you.

Crow_Nest
12-08-2003, 01:32 PM
I cant take out the pk3 file!!!

Forceflow_tap
12-08-2003, 03:22 PM
I was fooling around with all sorts of data and I made the mutant rancor a vehicle, but for some reason I can't remember what I did with it. I called it "Game Upgrade", and I had some people-beta testing the stupid thing. Then my hard drive went out on me. I know I have it backed up on one of my zip disks, but until I figure out which one, I can't upload it to www.jediknight.net just yet. Besides, I think I was still trying to see if I could enable the rockets on the stupid swoops...

ExcelsioN
12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
I cant take out the pk3 file!!!

Hmmm...yeh. I just got your e-mail (been at school all day) and I'll re-send it as a .zip file.

[EDIT] I've sent it and it should be on its way.

Forceflow_tap, send me the file if you ever find it. :)
Also, did you have an error when the rider kinda half-sunk into the rancor?

I just thought of this. Maybe IG-64 spawned a mutant rancor, did 'notarget' and then spawned a rancor_vehicle, jumped on that, then did 'noclip'. And with the character still in the same position went onto the mutant rancor. Im not implying anything, its just a random thought that came into my head.

[EDIT AGAIN] Actually thats impossible. :(

Kurgan
12-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Send me the file and I can upload it right here if you like. ; )

ExcelsioN
12-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
Send me the file and I can upload it right here if you like. ; )

Ok I'll do that. I'll e-mail it now.

I just tried to attach a weapon to it, but because I missed out some values it isn't working. I'll look into it.

[EDIT] Kurgan I sent you the file through your e-mail on jediknightii.net. Hope thats the right one.

Kurgan
12-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Here's the file, courtesy of ExcelsioN!

(See Attachement below)

PS: To look up my email adress, just check my profile. I don't use the @jediknightii.net one anymore, but rather @jediknight.net.

night wolf2
12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
could some one possibly make him bigger and repost it cause i hate jumping a mile taller than him just to get on and i want him full size if he ant because he looks as tall as a rancor not a mutant rancor TIA!:)

PS:not tring to be offensive about the jumping thing

Forceflow_tap
12-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Well, I found it. Problem is, I can't seem to remember what the special commands for spawning were. Let me think, there was:

"npc spawn shrike"
"npc spawn yoda" - provided the yoda model is in the directory
"npc spawn darkseide"
"npc vehicle spawn mutant_rancor_vehicle"
"npc spawn r2d2_imp"
"npc spawn r2d5_imp"
"npc spawn reborntrandoshan"
"npc spawn rebornweequay"
"npc spawn rebornchiss"
"npc spawn rebornrodian"
"npc spawn sand_creature_vehicle"

Okay, yeah. Basically, those were the commands.
I'm submitting it to "Jediknight.net" right now. If there are impatient people among you who want to see what boredom creates (well, at least when I'm bored), e-mail me at: Dark_Kateria@juno.com
and I'll reply with the file. Subject heading should be "GIVE ME GAMEUPGRADE DX!!!" or something to that effect.

Crow_Nest
12-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks! :)

ExcelsioN
12-09-2003, 03:16 PM
could some one possibly make him bigger and repost it cause i hate jumping a mile taller than him just to get on and i want him full size if he ant because he looks as tall as a rancor not a mutant rancor TIA!:)

PS:not tring to be offensive about the jumping thing

Did you spawn mutant_rancor_vehicle? Thats the one thats as big as a rancor. (Its the one I tried 1st time round).

The big one is veh_mutant_rancor.

night wolf2
12-09-2003, 05:23 PM
thanks exelcsion that works much better now all we have to fix is your player sinking in any one have an idea hay mabey we should make every monster rideble it might be fun monster vehicles lol:p

Crow_Nest
12-10-2003, 03:46 AM
sticky sticky. :D:D:D

Or exclesion can submitt it on jk3files or pcgamemods

Astrotoy7
12-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Ig-64(if you read this), you are no longer worthy of the title of cheat master.....

your title has been usurped by Excelsion.......

"legend lives on" my A$$, who do you think you are, Robin Hood or somethin' .... :p

MTFBWYA

Crow_Nest
12-10-2003, 12:06 PM
That makes exlcsion the 2nd cheat master :D

ExcelsioN
12-10-2003, 03:40 PM
sticky sticky. :D:D:D

Or exclesion can submitt it on jk3files or pcgamemods

I would do that, but I need to figure out how to stop some of the bugs (e.g. he wont stop walking once you use him + the way the rider sinks into it).

Ig-64(if you read this), you are no longer worthy of the title of cheat master.....

your title has been usurped by Excelsion.......

"legend lives on" my A$$, who do you think you are, Robin Hood or somethin' ....

MTFBWYA

Thanks. :D

MasterSidious
12-10-2003, 07:19 PM
mastersidious_6@hotmail.com

SEND IT TO ME TOO! I wish I had the game. What do you people mean about JA getting boring? It has vehicles, sabers with numerous specials, more guns, more npcs, jetpacks, flyable vehicles, plus you can have all of this in mp too. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BORED?! lol how is KOTOR by the way? Is it this good?

ExcelsioN
12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by MasterSidious

SEND IT TO ME TOO! I wish I had the game. What do you people mean about JA getting boring? It has vehicles, sabers with numerous specials, more guns, more npcs, jetpacks, flyable vehicles, plus you can have all of this in mp too. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BORED?! lol how is KOTOR by the way? Is it this good?

Just scroll up a bit on this page. (Kurgan uploaded the file for me).

On another note, any ideas how I can stop the player from sinking into the rancor? I was thinking it might be something to do with the 'bones' in the model, or just the fact that themodel has all those massive lumps on its back.

Check out the JEDI ACADEMY screenshots (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1402081) thread for some pics of the rideable mutant rancor.

night wolf2
12-10-2003, 11:10 PM
hay this thread is getting bigger than i thought it would thanks every one i like how it coming so far:)

Astrotoy7
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by MasterSidious

.....WHAT DO YOU MEAN BORED?! lol how is KOTOR by the way? Is it this good?

yes, it is *that* good. If you like SP games, if you like RPG, storyline focussed games with great EU content then you'll LOVE KOTOR !! ...see what others think over at the KOTOR forum...

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=61

Good work though, Excelsion, about time someone outdid ig64

MTFBWYA

Crow_Nest
12-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Good work though, Excelsion, about time someone outdid ig64

MTFBWYA

LoL. ;P

The cheat master has been defeated, he doesnt look for new cheats anymore anywho.

ExcelsioN
12-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Ok, I've updated the mutant from the version downloadable here. I've made quite a few fixes and improvements, but there still is some bugs. (See list below). I'm also going to post some pics on the JEDI ACADEMY screenshots (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1402807#post1402807) thread.

**Fixes/Improvements**

- Changed camera postion so that it's much easier to see
- Rancor no longer stays in one position when its dismounted, it walks about like the tauntaun,
- Added boost (it can now charge/run for a limited time).
- Added more sounds
- It now 'feels' more complete

**Annoying bugs**

- Player still sinks into back of Mutant rancor (but its harder to see this because the camera is further out).
- When walking about it still stops for about 1 sec, but then carries on.

**Possible Improvements**

- Adding a melee weapon
- Attempts to stop the bugs (see above).

Any more suggestions just say. :D

SpecialForces
12-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Great job! ;)

I have an idea for the weapon...
Make it breath acid, that would be sweet.

Thanks for promoting my thread :)

IG-64
12-13-2003, 06:29 AM
sheesh, don't be so mean and act like i'm satan or something :(

I didn't take the title cheat master form the stupid rancor thing. I didn't think it would get this out of hand. Truth is its fake, I didn't use photoshop though I just got on a rancor, turned on noclip and flung the rancor down the cliff so i could get the position then spawned a rancor and positioned myself. Talk about make a big deal out of it :rolleyes: .

so technically I cheated to make it look like I cheated so i'm an ascended cheat master:D lol j\k, I ran out of cheats a long time ago and don't take the title cheat master anymore. But comeon, I gave you alot o' stuff, be thankfull! :p

Astrotoy7
12-13-2003, 08:54 AM
.......sheesh, don't be so mean and act like i'm satan or something :(

......I gave you alot o' stuff, be thankfull! :p

...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... of course we all still love your cheating wisdom, but I had to do *something* to get you out of that damn Swamp, even just for a little while...... surely you cant be *that* bored !!!! :p

You gotta admit though ig-64, Excelsion seems be "the one who will bring balance" to the forces of cheating..... formerly tipped heavily in your favour :p

MTFWBYA

IG-64
12-13-2003, 11:22 AM
surely you cant be *that* bored !!!! :p

more bored than you can ever imagine
<----------------

ExcelsioN
12-13-2003, 11:28 AM
But comeon, I gave you alot o' stuff, be thankfull!

He's right, ya know. IG-64 gave us the most useful cheats ever. :)

P.S. The mutant rancor is complete, I just need to test it with mp support before I upload it to pcgamemods or jediknight.net.

I also made it so that you can shoot at other stuff if you have a blaster rifle.

One more thing, I'll carry on making more vehicles, and fixing the wampa etc, but I've just bought KOTOR today. :D

Excelsion seems be "the one who will bring balance" to the forces of cheating...

Hehe, I'm adding that to my sig. :D

[EDIT] Ok, I've uploaded the file to Lucasfiles, and it should be done within 2-3 days. Check it out! :D

night wolf2
12-13-2003, 11:08 PM
hay Excelsion how do you like kotor i have and i think its quite fun i have 5 sabers a few blasters a few swords and killed a mandalorion that killed people in death matches im the duel ring champ it took me a few trys but i killed the mandalorion bendak and i fought a rancor and kicked his but i did;)

ExcelsioN
12-14-2003, 06:49 AM
hay Excelsion how do you like kotor i have and i think its quite fun i have 5 sabers a few blasters a few swords and killed a mandalorion that killed people in death matches im the duel ring champ it took me a few trys but i killed the mandalorion bendak and i fought a rancor and kicked his but i did;)

Lol :lol: . I've only just started, so I haven't gotten very far yet. BioWare made my favourite rpgs (NWN + Baldur's Gate), and I think Kotor is just as great, if not better. KOTOR kicks ass! :D
Shame there's no editing tools (like NWN had), no rideable rancors.

Crow_Nest
12-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey subbmit it to jk3files and pcgamemods!

Astrotoy7
12-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Excelsion
Hehe, I'm adding that to my sig. :D

gosh, Im becoming quite quotable........ enjoy !

MTFBWYA

ExcelsioN
12-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey subbmit it to jk3files and pcgamemods!

Yeah I've just submitted it to jk3files. :D Hopefully they'll upload it sometime soon.
Now its back to KOTOR!

in other news....Saddam Hussein's been caught! Wohoo! :D

Lightning
12-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah I've just submitted it to jk3files. :D Hopefully they'll upload it sometime soon.
Now its back to KOTOR!

i'll download it tomorrow (if uploaded) :)
btw can you use the old downloadeble models from JO in JA?

ExcelsioN
12-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
i'll download it tomorrow (if uploaded) :)

Thanks. :)

btw can you use the old downloadeble models from JO in JA?

Yeah you should be able to. No reason why not. Perhaps I should make an old JO model into a JA vehicle...

Astrotoy7
12-15-2003, 12:21 PM
who's da man ! Excelsion is da man !!!

good work, guv ! ...poor ig64, bested and severely bored....snap out of it man !!!

MTFBWYA

Lightning
12-15-2003, 02:36 PM

Yeah you should be able to. No reason why not. Perhaps I should make an old JO model into a JA vehicle...

good they made some really nice models for JO :)

Crow_Nest
12-15-2003, 11:17 PM
Congrats IG (If you read this) you are now the bored master!

SpecialForces
12-16-2003, 02:11 AM
lol :)

night wolf2
12-16-2003, 04:51 AM
well hopfully you like kotor i love it im a jedi padawan lol i like the swoops in it to:p

Astrotoy7
12-16-2003, 12:01 PM

ROFLMAO :D

He reaps what he sows Crow.....

....My mum once said, "If you get bored easily, that means you are a boring person !"

MTFWBYA

ExcelsioN
12-16-2003, 03:43 PM

Lol. :D IG likes his boredom.

No one's uploaded the rancor yet and its the end of tuesday (16th)! (or at least, it is in England). :( Hopefully they'll upload it soon.

Side
12-16-2003, 04:19 PM
no one can beat side when it come to boredom

http://div3rseteam.fragism.com/sidestory.jpg

GG guys you were no match fer me f00lz

Crow_Nest
12-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Lol. :D IG likes his boredom.

No one's uploaded the rancor yet and its the end of tuesday (16th)! (or at least, it is in England). :( Hopefully they'll upload it soon.

Its like that, even the hyper weapons mod i submmited it took more then 5 days to be posted there.

So submit to pcgamemods, instantly it will appear!

Kurgan
12-18-2003, 02:21 AM
Our file server uploading script for LucasFiles.com was broken until today.

Now that it's fixed, files should be posted much more quickly.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Crow_Nest
12-18-2003, 03:30 AM
You are one of the people who review files at lucasfiles?

ExcelsioN
12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
I've just uploaded the file to pcgamemods.com :) .

You can download it here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/3464/) .

Any feedback (good and bad) will be appreciated. Post your comments!

SlapNut
12-20-2003, 01:07 AM
um, any chance of making a ridable mutant rancor that is real size, i downloaded it and its the same size as the rancor with different skin.

night wolf2
12-20-2003, 05:37 AM
please read the other posts in this subject

night wolf2

night wolf2

ExcelsioN
12-20-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by SlapNut
um, any chance of making a ridable mutant rancor that is real size, i downloaded it and its the same size as the rancor with different skin.

Er...yeah. Do what night wolf says. Also, are you trying it in MP? There's a bug that makes it look the size of a normal rancor but when other people see it, it looks full size. SP is also full size. Just look at the screenshots.

Bretski
12-20-2003, 07:58 AM
well can anyone make a full sized one then?... that doesnt have bugs?

Crow_Nest
12-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Bretski
well can anyone make a full sized one then?... that doesnt have bugs?

He's trying to. ;)

night wolf2
12-21-2003, 06:49 AM
sorry about the triple post lol:p

Crow_Nest
12-21-2003, 06:58 AM
Next time, just delete it. :)