PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR 2

Darth MarcII
12-01-2003, 07:16 PM
. .now that Bioware has announced it will be a reality. Anything you would change? NO SPOILERS, please, I jsut got the game a few days ago.

Prime
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth MarcII
. .now that Bioware has announced it will be a reality. Anything you would change? NO SPOILERS, please, I jsut got the game a few days ago. Really? Can you post a link for that?

Darth MarcII
12-02-2003, 05:12 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/454/454330p1.html

Eets
12-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Heh, that's hardly an announcement, as much as I'd like it to be one. That's simply a roundup of all the rumors about it.

However, if they do make KOTOR 2, all I request is cooler looking Jedi robes, customizable saber hilts, and more portraits! :D

Prime
12-02-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Eets
However, if they do make KOTOR 2, all I request is cooler looking Jedi robes, customizable saber hilts, and more portraits! :D I'd love something like this...

Samus
12-03-2003, 04:46 PM
This is good news! I've barely started playing KOTOR, but after just five minutes of play, I knew at once that I had found myself a really excellent game!

Soundbase
12-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Yeah I've got thoughts.
I want it _know_

Astrotoy7
12-05-2003, 11:12 AM
I think theyre jumping the gun a little. KOTOR for XB has only been out 3 months, not even a month fo PC, and already a sequel has been announced...... I guess I am thinking too much along the lines of other BioWare titles which where enhanced by expansion packs before full blown sequels....strange

MTFBWYA

JediFanatic10
12-08-2003, 11:30 PM
there are a whole lot of things i would do... one the combat aspect... thats not cutting it.... if they could combine acrobatic moves and lightsaber strikes kinda like Jedi Academy... plus the KOTOR kind of storylines... that would rule and the force powers/effects who gets shocked with force lightning and just stands there and shivers? same with force choke/ kill you should be able to grab them by their throat and sling them across the room... maybe even impale them onto something... and the lightning should blow them out their boots.... the robes need to be different you should get to wear a cloak occasionally. Also you should move up the ranks... i dotn knwo about you but staying a padawan was gay. you should be a padawan for a while then return to the academy place and become a knight w/ a ceremony or even go through the actual trials. saber colors/hilts. lots of little things can make a big difference ya know? what do yall think?

JediFanatic10
12-15-2003, 01:28 AM
more planets.... Coruscant would be a must as well as Dagobah and some other strong force places... maybe to make you the most powerful Jedi/Sith ever

Rishnik
12-15-2003, 07:16 AM
A way to continue to use your old characters... I hate the feeling how they are lost to memory now. Even its just at the Academy where you can have simulated fights or continue swoop racing. Just something so you can see the old chars again,.

Prime
12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
I'd like to see an easier way to switch weapons in combat. It is pain having to go to the equip screen every time.

Burrie
12-15-2003, 07:52 PM
Excellent suggestion, Prime. I had hoped that they had it set up like Neverwinter Nights(that is, you can hotkey various items).

Although I'm personally actually a bit against a Knights of the Old Republic 2(just keep it at KotOR for awhile, think about creating a sequel about a year later), I personally would like to see a prequel set in the Mandalorian Wars where we start under the command of Captain Karath, with corporal Onassi next to us... what I like about Knights of the Old Republic is that they've opened up an entire new time period with a history that can be fleshed out.

MuRaSaMuNe
12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
It'd be nice to actually join the sith this time during the game and have different party members when you do. Kinda like... you retreat from a republic base and escape to a sith base if you go evil, meet a whole new crew of party members and fight the republic.

cheeto101
12-16-2003, 12:45 AM
Hmmm, id like to see a bigger variance in the saber swings. keep the d&d system, but have like 10 diff anims for the regular saber swing, so every battle looks different. Id like to see some Helmets too, not just visors and the occaisonal mask. Visible Gloves and belts would be nice.

Itd def be cool to be able to build an empire, whether republic, sith or even your own smuggling operation or somehting.

Jaden X
12-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Fighting Ragnos as the last boss would be cool. Would have more connection with the SW Universe, or at least Jedi Academy... =P

Totally new characters (MUST have a good woman =P)

I didn't beat the game, but Hoth would be really cool, like crashing in the planet and having to find a way out of it. Wampas inclued!

Things like that...

Burrie
12-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Fighting Ragnos as the last boss would be cool. Would have more connection with the SW Universe, or at least Jedi Academy... =P
Problem is, Ragnos was already pretty much beaten 1000 years before the Knights of the Old Republic.

*quickly consults Nathan Butler's Star Wars Timeline (www.starwarz.com/timeline/)*

Mmm, it seems that the circumstances of Ragnos' death are unknown, but they had his funeral about a few weeks before the Sith were once again unleashed upon the Republic(after being into hiding for a long time(a few centuries))... I don't think it is possible to have him as a last boss, I'm afraid. (unless he possesses another being as a spirit)

eidospsogos
12-16-2003, 09:09 PM
personally, the idea of a sequel coming out before an expansion pack really annoys me. in games like this where you spend so much time building a character, expansion packs that allow you to port your existing character into the game will always be more desired than a new game with a new plot and completely new characters.

in games like jedi knight where less time is put into building a character sequels are fine. but come on, this is not a fps we're talking about.

which brings me to my next point, the combat system is not that of a fps. it is fine the way it is. and in my opinion much more true to the nature of star wars than the hack n' slash action of the jedi knight series. i liked those games, don't get me wrong. but for once a duel feels like a duel.

improvements to the visual effects of the force powers would be nice, as mentioned above. but that has nothing to do with changing the combat system. that is more of an adding better animations issue.

and i'm not really sure about the idea of being able to swap weapons in this game the way you do in jedi knight. once again this is not a fps. and thus is also more believable. i mean how believable is it that you are carrying around ten huge weapons that you can just conveniently switch to at any point in time? and considering action can be paused at any point in combat, how hard is it to go to the equp screen and swap your weapons out there? at least you aren't left fumbling around for the weapon key, htting the wrong one and getting slaughtered because you ended up with the rocket launcher instead of the gatling gun and blew yourself to pieces.

so if we want to suggest improvements let's suggest ones that would allow the game to stay in the genre it belongs in, and not try to make it into a run around and randomly slaughter people game.

Jaden X
12-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Burrie
Problem is, Ragnos was already pretty much beaten 1000 years before the Knights of the Old Republic.

*quickly consults Nathan Butler's Star Wars Timeline (www.starwarz.com/timeline/)*

Mmm, it seems that the circumstances of Ragnos' death are unknown, but they had his funeral about a few weeks before the Sith were once again unleashed upon the Republic(after being into hiding for a long time(a few centuries))... I don't think it is possible to have him as a last boss, I'm afraid. (unless he possesses another being as a spirit)

And who said a sequel MUST be after the first one? Oh... you're right... It should be a prequel for that... But who said KOTOR 2 MUST be a sequel, not a prequel? If it's supposed to be way before the movies, the more, the better! :p

Burrie
12-16-2003, 10:10 PM
and i'm not really sure about the idea of being able to swap weapons in this game the way you do in jedi knight. once again this is not a fps. and thus is also more believable. i mean how believable is it that you are carrying around ten huge weapons that you can just conveniently switch to at any point in time? and considering action can be paused at any point in combat, how hard is it to go to the equp screen and swap your weapons out there? at least you aren't left fumbling around for the weapon key, htting the wrong one and getting slaughtered because you ended up with the rocket launcher instead of the gatling gun and blew yourself to pieces.

so if we want to suggest improvements let's suggest ones that would allow the game to stay in the genre it belongs in, and not try to make it into a run around and randomly slaughter people game.

I respectfully disagree with this, as it wouldn't make the game a 'First Person Shooter' at all, or move it outside its genre, as you state it would. In fact, I find that thought to be a bit... odd, to say the least. Your 'how believe is it that you are carrying around ten huge weapons' is flawed, as this is exactly what you're doing in KotOR to begin with. You can switch between the weapons without any problem at all at any point in the game. (in fact, you can easily switch these huge weapons between characters when they're standing miles away from each other)

For me, the best example of a well-done interface is Neverwinter Nights, one of the finest RPGs that Bioware has ever created(then again, all their RPGs are amongst the best ever created, I believe). In this game, you have the ability to hotkey up to 36 keys (F1-F12, ctrl+F1-F12, shift+F1-F12). All you had to do was drag/drop the skill you wanted to call or the item you wanted to use into the hotkey bar. Now quite frankly, it is very convienent to have the ability to quickly call upon a special skill, to drink a Health Potion or to take out my double-bladed axe when the situation calls for it without having to go through a long list. And especially for a RPG, allowing the player to customise these hotkeys to his own preference was an incredible smart move. It speeds things up for the players.

Now, I'm not saying that Knights of the Old Republic's biggest problem is its Graphics User Interface(not in the least, it did work out just fine as it did), but I did have to get a little bit used to it due to having played Neverwinter Nights alot for the past few months.

Also, I personally have to say that I actually wouldn't want an expansion pack that will continue the story for the characters in Knights of the Old Republic. These party members have gone through one of the largest battles that they will ever face, have quite possibly underwent an epic that other characters might not have survived... let them live out the rest of their lives without too much hassle. From what I can see, there are no real loose threads in Knights of the Old Republic, are there? The past century in the KotOR era has seen some horrible wars as it is(The Great Sith Wars with Exar Kun, the Mandalorian Wars and the Sith Wars with Darth Revan and Darth Malak). Lets move on to a new era where a new group of characters will face a new foe.

EDIT : And who said a sequel MUST be after the first one? Oh... you're right... It should be a prequel for that... But who said KOTOR 2 MUST be a sequel, not a prequel? If it's supposed to be way before the movies, the more, the better!
Oh, that's actually not what I meant. The problem is is that Marka Ragnos' funeral is covered in the Tales of the Jedi(the Golden Era of the Sith arc, as far as I can remember) Comic books... now, in this storyline, it shows the Sith returning to attack the Republic for the first time in a century or so. But Marka Ragnos must've died a few weeks right before the Sith showed up again to cause problems, and were pretty much alone in their part of the galaxy. Hence, I don't think that they could create a credible storyline with this as the backstory.

Mind you, not that I'd mind to go up one-on-one with the Sith Lord. He is a rather important Sith Lord in the Star Wars history(seeing as how he might've trained Naga Sadow, branded Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma as the new Dark Lord of the Sith and plays an important role for Jedi Academy), and it would be cool to see him again.

eidospsogos
12-16-2003, 11:14 PM
yes, well. the fact that they are easy to get to at any point in time during the game, as you said, makes me wonder why we need hotkeys. i guess laziness is more the mother of invention rather than necessity, right?

and it feels more realistic, as you have to equip the item. you're hand doesn't just go away for 3 seconds and come back with another item. where are you pulling all those guns from anyway? :)

i understand your argument for the sequel. and i would buy a sequel to the game. but as vast as the universe for this game was, i think alot of people out there who feel they didn't get to develop their character as far, or explore as much, as they wanted to would be happy with the idea of expansion packs.

expansion packs for existing bioware games sell just as well as the sequels for the games. i would never suggest they scrap the idea of a sequel. but i for one would like an expansion pack as well. even if just the main character was all you could bring in.

Burrie
12-16-2003, 11:27 PM
yes, well. the fact that they are easy to get to at any point in time during the game, as you said, makes me wonder why we need hotkeys. i guess laziness is more the mother of invention rather than necessity, right?
At various points, it actually made things a bit tougher. I already found myself fighting a few times with the wrong lightsaber or a wrong weapon because most of the weapons looked the same in the icons, or because I frankly forgot which weapon was the best. Thanks to the easy-to-use hotkey bar in NWN, I wouldn't need to worry about equipping the wrong swords, as all I have to do is bind my favorite combination to a hotkey, press it, and presto... weapons swapped.

and it feels more realistic, as you have to equip the item. you're hand doesn't just go away for 3 seconds and come back with another item. where are you pulling all those guns from anyway?
No, actually, when you think about it, KotOR's method is even more unrealistic. If you pause the game, and swap weapons, everyone is still standing in the same position, with the sole change that the PC(s) suddenly have a different weapon in their hands... now how did they swap those? :p

But from what I've seen, this argument isn't making much progress with our posts basically being "Hey, I'm right"-"No, I am"-"No, I am"-"No, I am", so how 'bout we'll let this one slip by and just say "To each his own" ;)

To get a back on-topic on what I'd like to see changed... humm, perhaps an option to really join the Bad Empire instead of the storyline turning into "me-against-the-Bad-Empire-so-that-I-can-take-it-over"... although I have to say that KotOR handled this better than Jedi Knight or Jedi Academy, mostly because of the storyline. You are basically reclaiming something that was yours to begin with, wheras with Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy, it pretty much broke down to "I-am-a-bad-Dark-Sider-and-I-want-to-rule-everyone-although-my-character-showed-no-such-ambition-before".

eidospsogos
12-16-2003, 11:27 PM
and yes, items are nice to have in combat. that is what those little boxes in the lower right corner of the screen are for. but when it comes to rpg's, the idea behind a party is to put it together in a way that you, and your supporting memebers are quite capable of handling most situations that arise. i.e. all of a sudden you come across droids with shields, you were not prepared for this. you don't necessarily need the ability to switch to an ion based gun to handle it though, as long as someone else in your party has some ability for dealing with the situation.

and as far as NWN goes, it has hardly become the model to follow for all rpg games. i appreciate the increased graphics size. but i hate the scripting of party members. if they were going to script everything, they should have at least allowed for a "do nothing until i tell you to" script, so that your idiotic party memebers don't run head on into a lightsaber while trying to get close enough to use a blaster. do you need to be 6 inches in front of someone to shoot them with a blaster? no, i think not.

yes, certain things can be improved. and the fps comments weren't really aimed at you, burrie. if you remember correctly, though, it seems everytime someone complains about something in the engine of this game they are comparing it to a fps. i.e. the i can't look up discussion brought up in another post, we both participated in.

i just happen to find hotkeyed weapons and the ability to look up to be very inconsequential in a game of this nature.

eidospsogos
12-16-2003, 11:58 PM
and uhmm....i think you get all your weapons in kotor from that little pouch on your waist. :) :)

and this is completely off-topic....but do you know anything about Galaxies, Burrie? had a friend tell me he thought it was a standard rpg. but for some reason i was thinking it was a more strategy oriented kind of rpg, of the fallout, or total anihilation kind. wouldn't happen to know would you?

Burrie
12-17-2003, 08:57 AM
and this is completely off-topic....but do you know anything about Galaxies, Burrie? had a friend tell me he thought it was a standard rpg. but for some reason i was thinking it was a more strategy oriented kind of rpg, of the fallout, or total anihilation kind. wouldn't happen to know would you?
I do not know anything about Star Wars Galaxies by personal experience, but I did follow the game for awhile. First of all(and you'd probably already knew this), it is one of those Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games(MMORPGs), and from what I've heard, the game does pretty much play like a RPG, except with the fact that there are about a thousand or so players with you. The game doesn't quite reach the same level of RPGing as Knights of the Old Republic does, which isn't all too surprising when it comes to MMORPGs. There are a few preset missions, but most missions can be taken from terminals. These are often random, but they all mostly come down to the same thing(ie. "Destroy this character", "Go to this waypoint", "Fetch me an ale")
The combat system is(again, this is all I heard about it) pretty much the same as in KotOR, that is, you choose what kind of attack you want to use against your enemy and you can queue your attacks.
When it comes to classes, the game gives the players alot of options. There are six starting professions(Brawler, Marksman, Scout, Artisan, Medic and Entertainer), as well as 26 elite professions to master.
The gaming area is apparantly huge. One planet might be about as big as all of Knights of the Old Republic combined, and there are about 7-8 planets.
Finally, there is an option to also become Force Sensitive in the game, but you'll have to unlock your 'Force Character' by doing a certain task in Galaxies... and from what I've heard, it's a very ardous, long(and possibly in a way, silly) task.
The one reason why I haven't bought this game is the fact that you'll have to pay a certain price per month... about 15 dollars per month, as far as I can remember. Once I ever get a bit of a steady job which'll pay me enough to fully support myself with extra money to spare, I just might consider buying this game.

I recommend that you check out the official site (http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/) for more information, as well as the fan site swgalaxies.net (www.swgalaxies.net), as they can provide you with more information than I ever could.

eidospsogos
12-17-2003, 01:44 PM
yeah, i checked it out last night. it did look standard rpg in some ways. but the building your own community part seems an element of strategy type rpgs. something i never really liked doing myself.

i would have tried it out anyway had it not been an online game. personally paying 60 dollars for a game and then paying a subscription fee on top of that is silly.

but anyway, back to the original topic....sorry to digress.

Burrie
12-17-2003, 02:06 PM
i would have tried it out anyway had it not been an online game. personally paying 60 dollars for a game and then paying a subscription fee on top of that is silly.
Well, if you consider all the management issues, keeping the servers running, patching the game, creating live events, the salaries, and lots of stuff that I'm quite possibly forgetting, the subscription fee ain't that silly at all.

eidospsogos
12-17-2003, 05:42 PM
the subscription fee itself is not silly no.

what is silly is the intital charge for the software. there need be no distributed software for an online game such as this. and i know, because my best friend is a computer science major who just got backing from some private sector company in Kansas City to develop an online gaming system that did not depend upon an intital 50 dollar charge for distributed software, as there would be no distributed software. i don't think i should go into detail on how this is planned on being done. but it is possible to do something like this in several different ways. a vague hint as to this, is that all the game content is located in one central area. not distributed to millions of individuals in boxes. you pay a subscription fee, and you are allowed access. that simple. not only do you do away with charges for software, but you get rid of cheating as all game content is in one central area, and would be controlled by a moderator, not the end user, as they are only basically logging in to the game.

this all very possible, and the reason it has probably not been done before, is merely companies were enjoying charging you 50 dollars for a game and then being able to tack on a subscription cost afterwards.

n.kT3M4
12-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Big Big even gigantic Rancors to fight I bet lol.:sprobe: :D

eidospsogos
12-17-2003, 09:08 PM
don't worry make another two posts, and you'll move up to pit droid. :)

OmegaGRiiM
12-19-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm actually a little sad that a sequel May be under development already, it pretty much means no time for an expansion pack, unless KotOR2 is an EP. Also less upgrades for the first game to be made. Well now that is off my chest.

First off, I think one of the coolest things would be to use saved data from the first game into the Second with each new game you start. Let's say you played through the dark side, maybe in KotOR2, (Main Character) is either one of the Main enemies (or ally depending on your alignment) or perhaps the storyline will often refer to the Dark Sith lord and what he did to the universe in the time between the games (of course depending on time set between KotOR and Part 2).

I have the Xbox version, and other then my slight distaste for the button layout on the controller, the setup in game was excellent and i had no problems quickly doing what i needed to do, so i would like to see this unchanged. As for the Battles, make them a bit more cinematic. A little bit of extra Flash in a game like this helps. I want my Fights with Dark/Light Jedi's to be as awesome as they are in the movies. And of Course, something most people i've talked to want, better looking outfits. I didn't feel very Cool looking running around in a Orange Jumpsuit being Evil, I felt like a tool.

As for the Skills, Powers, Feats, and all that good stuff... Please PLEASE make the Skills a little bit more part of the game then the first one. Not to say you couldn't find uses for all of them, but seriously, you could dump all skill points into treat injury and buy your way out of the rest. "Yes i'll need Computer Spikes and Parts, 90 of each please, oh and i'll take 50 medpacks for when i run over those mines i can't see" The skills were only useful if you wanted to spend all your skill points into one thing, which all of those things as easily done in other ways. Feats and Powers, I had no complaints about, but of course, let's see more in the next game.

More In game Options would also be nice, not to say it wasn't cool in the first game, but perhaps Being able to Pull the hood up on the Cloak would be awesome. Maybe adjusting Size, hair and, all the sorts of the main character. Also I'd love to see more interaction with the environment, and not just chests and doors, like being able to cut down trees to clear a path to a chest, or maybe using a force push to launch a boulder out of your way. If you Don't have Force Push, looks like your not getting that Chest, but maybe one of your other powers are useful for getting too a different chest. Which in turn this would make playing through multiple times even more fun, picking different powers to get different treasures each time.

Of course i would love to see all of this, which I'm sure i probably won't, but Look at the awesome game they made without my help the first time. Wouldn't wanna be the guy that ruins it for everyone!

eidospsogos
12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
my thoughts exactly on the expansion pack issue. and if they do go the sequel route, i hope they allow for alot of what you were talking about.

one other thing i would like to see done, is to allow at least for the bringing of your chosen class to a closer level of mastery. i understand that the reason for the different classes, and each one's weaknesses, is to balance the game out, between the different classes. but i feel like they tried to hard to gain this balance, and you are hardly able to pick enough feats for your chosen class to really feel they have mastered anything.

Sounds Risky
12-20-2003, 01:50 AM
I just hope the developers come up with some great planets to visit. It seems like for this game they thought of the coolest planets in Star Wars that we haven't been to before, so we got Kashyyyk the Wookiee homeworld and Korriban the Sith homeworld as well as the totally cool Manaan and Dantooine which of course was referenced to in the first Star Wars film. It was great just visiting these worlds, and I hope they can come up with some more really cool worlds to visit that we haven't seen before as well as a planet or two that we have, like Geonosis or even Bespin. Also I'd like to possibly see bigger, more open environments if it is at all possible.

As for references to the first game, it might be too difficult to accomplish because of the two endings. But I suppose they could always just put statues of Revan, Bastila, Juhani, and Jolee in the Jedi Academy based on your save game.

JediFanatic10
12-23-2003, 08:18 PM
well actaully im happy about a sequel being made because i have x box and i want another star wars game most def... but the changes to the saber moves has to come.... tru i didnt like the whole running around in circle while slashing bit in JA but they did have some cool saber moves and KOTOR needs to feed into that and make some better slashes for the game like a little bit of Yoda mixed in with Darth Maul and some Luke. as far as storyline goes new characters will be fine cause there really aint much to go into as far as revan goes cause they finished that pretty well. maybe though incorporating the sw universe with a real sith lord. but the game i really want is a star wars trilogy game for x box that would be so nice.

and one thing that i always stress when i say what i want in a game.... rank climbing be apadawan and go out and learn the force defeat dark jedi go back and your master says your ready for the trials and you do and succeed now your a knight and your stronger faster better and all that stuff after awhile you might be issued an apprentice and yall go at it together for awhile and after you defeat the final boss boom your become a jedi master.... things like that would rule... liek the cloak idea i love that also maybe the lightsaber being attached to your belt and you pulling it out at will and reattaching it as well cause carrying a saber or sword around town might be attention grabbing haha

Toa Tahu
12-24-2003, 12:30 PM
What KotOR2 needs IMHO:
MUCH,MUCH,MUCH,MUCH more items.The current number of items in KotOR are actually countable(so to say)!Headbands,shields,belts,saber crystals...etc.
I'd want much more items,and also unique and set items also!Unique items as in Morrowind,and Set items(I know Brejik's items are set items,but that's the only set in the whole game isn't it?) as in Diablo 2.So at least I know my Jedi Guardian tank is safely equipped with all the unique items so even Malak doesn't stand a chance against him.

Well,that's all for now,if I think of some more I'll be back to add.

Calydon
12-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Actually that's one thing I enjoyed about KotOR is that it doesn't suffer from inventory-management-frenzy with trying to keep track of the relative benefits and disadvantages of thousands of items. There are a few hundred items and it's usually a fairly straight forward decision to know if the particular item suits your current party or not.

JediFanatic10
12-30-2003, 06:49 AM
but still items need to be.... more and more.... clothes especially jedi cloaks and stuff man gotta have em

ExcelsioN
12-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Wohoo! :D This is too good to be true!

I think they should put the level cap up to 40. That would allow you to become a much stronger jedi. Also, you should be able to multi-class like you can in NWN (You can choose different classes every time you level up). They should definatley implement a quickbar feature (also like NWN) so that its much easier to choose different wepoans in combat.

I also think that they should put in MP. But they should just take the SP world and add in a few different sidequests and take out the complicated plot. That way, you and your freinds could still explore the world and fight and stuff, but they wouldn't have to get rid of any character develpoment.

New characters and a 2005 release. This had better be good...

But they have to keep HK-47! They must!

Astrotoy7
12-30-2003, 05:25 PM
my eyes are a bit sore at the momet so I havent read every single post, but has KOTOR 2 been OFFICIALLY confirmed..... until I see it at Bioware/LA sites Im not buying into any rumour.....

and yes, Id much prefer an expansion pack first....

MTFBWYA

SithTrooper
12-30-2003, 05:38 PM
I would rather want an Expansion so i could use my own character and not make a new one. I like my Sith Lord!

ExcelsioN
12-30-2003, 05:53 PM
There's no expansion because it was (originally) an Xbox game. The Xbox gamers probably wouldn't be all to pleased if they still had to pay Ģ30-Ģ40 for not much of an improvement. Sure, us PC gamers would love it, but the consoles probably wouldn't accept it warmly. Unless it was absouletly groundbreaking (like KOTOR).

I'm sure that if it was a PC exclusive, BioWare would make an expansion.

Darth Post
12-31-2003, 10:44 AM
My wishes towards Kotor2

- new Planets (e.g. Corouscant, Mon Calmar etc.) and familiar ones (Tatooine, Kashyyyk etc)
- keep all my teammates (Bastila, Carth, Canderous, T3- M, Hk 47, Bindo, Juhani, Mission and Zaalbar), add some new ones and I want to keep my character -> Story should take place after the destruction of the Star Forge
- like jedi master vandaar said in the end, "maybe you are needed once again" => hey, we are needed
- new Force Powers
- build my own Saber hilts, new chrystals
- an epic storyline
- continue the relationship between my female character and carth/ the relationship between my male character and Bastila plz
- please nothing like the Yuuzhan Vong and their organic ships (too much like Star Trek)
- smaller clipping areas
- more dialogs and interaction between me and my teammates
- ILM for cut scenes
- new Jedi Robes (Revanīs Robe and Mask is great, but i cannot get them)
- new Items and Weapons
- when i start as a good jedi, I donīt want to solve all problems with my lightsaber -> convince dark jedis to turn back to the light side -> light side points

that is all for the moment

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 01:05 AM
hey darth. i am inclined to agree upon practically all of those points. the only thing i'm not adamant about is keeping my same team. there are some i wouldn't mind keeping. but some can go to a galaxy far far away for all i care.

otheriwse, unless you are the evil sith lord of posting please remove the double post. :)

Captain LeChuck
01-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Another thing we need for KotOR2: Alien races. I would love to play as a Twi'Lek :D

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 03:03 AM
i wouldn't care one way or another, i've never cared for playing anything other than a human. but i do know that alot of people would like to play as an alien species. so yes i think that could be a good thing to add as long as it does not replace the human class. :)

though i wish the next patch would fix xor being an alien hating twi'lek, and put him back into the correct species. i can't belive they let an error that big slip by.

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 05:46 AM
i would like one or 2 good expansions instead of a sequel exploring more into the World of Mandlorians and Exar Kun stories. Like actually be able to visit the Yavin ruins and either battle his spirit. I would also like to become a Manlorian as a 3 ending like join Canderous and reconquer the unverse and get your own Mandlorian armor. Maybe a few more starting classes and Jedi classes. Like a primarily mind alterning class with a purple saber etc...

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 07:05 AM
amen!!! thank you! there was way too much left uncovered in this time in the universe to just move on to new characters and a new plot and forget all about everything that happened in kotor. besides you get attached to your main character in games like this.

expansion packs would definitely be more welcome from me. esepcially if they include epic levels. :)

i would like the ability to get on to yavin IV and explore that area. but if you're talking the war with the sith and the mandalorians still going on you're talking prequel, and i don't know how they would work that.

needless to say i agree with you completely about putting expansion packs before a sequel.

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 07:23 AM
As for the Mandalorians we see many of them in the game but I'm saying as a third possible ending Revan and Canderous could join with them and reform a Mandlorian Army and defeat the sith and the Republic far fectched indeed but i can dream can't i. Also if they did do anything involing Exar they should make lightsaber more than just a double bladed saber and actucally look close to the actual saber and have some power over regular ones like the yavin crystals but a new shade of blue perhaps a darker blue.

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 07:27 AM
the only real difference between the one in the game and exar's saber is hilt length. but the plot possibilities are endless. |

as far as saber blade colors i am really surprised they got to put the 2 extra crystals in as LA has always been very picky about their games only containing saber colors as seen in the movies.

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 07:47 AM
well i guess it depends if they add saber hilt customizer i want to distinguish my saber from the other jedi in the game i understand the colors used in the movies aspect but in the movies they didn't want an acciousation with class and color in the movie but they changed that in KOTOR but i think that add crysstals should make for color customizing even if it will never happen it would be cool i remember readin the afterthoughts articalsin EGM they said it would depend on what they think the fans want most if they see that we would rather have expasnsion then expansion i think we shall recieve . the things i want above all else are

-More Mandlorian quests and better looking Mandalor armor
-Explortaion of Yavin and invole some aspects of Exar Kun
-More Side Quests and Exploration of Other Well Known Worlds like Corrsccent or Aledran
-Saber Hilt customization. Maybe even add some Trigoly and Pre-Trliogy styles like Luke's, Obi Wan's, i would really like a Mace (Windu) like Saber
-Better Jedi Robes, and better looking armor all together

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Excelsion
There's no expansion because it was (originally) an Xbox game. . i believe you are very incorrect with this statement you see it was releases first for Xbox but I have followed the release dates of the game since before AoTC and it has allways been a PC Game and an XBox Game it is likely if an expansion is made it will be some sort of XBox Live download on the big black machine so i see no conflict

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 08:41 AM
very good observations. and hilt customization would be nice i guess. but i did like the ones that were there, though they were not as varying as the ones from say JA. but this is a different type of game. as fars as jedi robes, i agree completely. we need better jedi robes. armor, there were a few i really liked. but for the most part, a majority i didn't. you had at least one really good example of what the armor could have looked like in every class. say for instance your light armor class, darth bandond's armor, was a variation on the combat suit essentially. as was the echani light armor. but darth bandon's armor looked alot better than either of the two previously mentioned armors. and the light exoskeleton looked even better, in my opinion. so, i think they had some really nice looking armor. but the majority looked crappy, because they would take a decent model, and turn it into something hideous like the baragwin shadow armor or
ulic's mesh suit. just outright hideous color combinations. :) so i thought most armors had the potential of being good, just alot of the skins were not, in my opinion very pleasing to the eye.

exar kun's light battle suit however. god, that thing looked so cool. i was a little disappointed in it's stats. but it was his LIGHT battle suit. so i give them credit for at least taking the time to call it such. but it looked d@mn cool.

ExcelsioN
01-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
i believe you are very incorrect with this statement you see it was releases first for Xbox but I have followed the release dates of the game since before AoTC and it has allways been a PC Game and an XBox Game it is likely if an expansion is made it will be some sort of XBox Live download on the big black machine so i see no conflict

Yeah I know it was. But what I'm saying is that people who prefer to play the game on Xbox won't want to buy an expansion unless its on budget price. I don't think they will make an expansion. Other Xbox + PC games don't have expansions, look at Halo.

Astrotoy7
01-01-2004, 12:07 PM
I believe the Xbox version already has downloadable content, I dont see why this cant apply fior an expansion pack, a 300mb+ download over an adsl connection wouldnt take long at all.......

Plus having a game where you can use elements of previous games isnt entirely new.....on the PS2 there is a great hack n slash game called "Dynasty Warriors", DW3 had an expansion(Callled DW3 Extreme legends-XL) where you could use the new XL characters in the DW3 campaigns...you just had to do a disc swap when you wanted to do this........

Ah well, sequel or exp pack, we'll just have to wait n see...... as long as we get to use our character again is most important....

MTFBWYA

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 04:40 PM
yes, well this is not an issue about whether xbox will get an expansion pack. who really gives a flying @#$$ about the xbox? :)

okay got that off my chest. seriously this has nothing to do with whether expansion packs have been made for the xbox or not. bioware's games have never been primarily console. did NWN come out for the xbox at all? i don't think so, but if it did there goes your argument. anyway, this deals more with the game company than what platforms it was released on. practically every bioware game in existence has an expansion pack for it. do you really think that will change because they have released a game for the xbox now? so YOU may not get the expansion pack. but the market for pc expansion packs is huge, and i don't think the fact that the game has an xbox version will change years of company policy.

ExcelsioN
01-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I believe the Xbox version already has downloadable content, I dont see why this cant apply fior an expansion pack, a 300mb+ download over an adsl connection wouldnt take long at all.......

The Xbox version has downloadable stuff!?!? :mad:

If there is an expansion, it's gonna be at least 1/2 of KOTOR's size (in memory). And 2Gb is quite a lot to download.

I guess its possible, I'm just saying it isn't very likely that Bioware release an expansion.

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 04:48 PM
bioware has had expansion packs for all their games. what makes you think that now, just because the xbox has a bioware game, that all of a sudden that will change? that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

fugllia
01-01-2004, 05:22 PM
When I read about KotOR being released way back when. They had they PC version done before the XBox version. But since there is a lot of problems with piracy with PC Games they decided to release the XBox version first so gamers would buy it and hopefully boast sales for the PC version. As far as I can see this strategy worked very well.

Since BioWare had finished the PC version first and waited to release it, it was intended to be a PC based game, and well the XBox is really a computer with a TV for a monitor. But my point being that BioWare will come out with EP because almost every game they have made has had one, and this is one of their best selling games of all time. They would be dumb not to release several EP when they know they will sell quick.

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 05:28 PM
very very true. i read that as well. specifically, that the game was originally pc, and when it was released for the xbox they had to cut back the texture sizes considerably.

i just can't believe people would think that acompany would change its policy on expansion packs just because they released a game for the xbox. a little egocentrical to think the world revolves around the sell of xbox games. i hardly thnk most of bioware's income is generated from xbox game sales.

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
very good observations. and hilt customization would be nice i guess. but i did like the ones that were there, though they were not as varying as the ones from say JA. but this is a different type of game.
exar kun's light battle suit however. god, that thing looked so cool. i was a little disappointed in it's stats. but it was his LIGHT battle suit. so i give them credit for at least taking the time to call it such. but it looked d@mn cool. where did you find Exar Kun's battle suit? also where can i find the Qel Droma robes?

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
both on korriban. you buy exar kun's light battle suit at the store found along the same hall as the cantina. not the weapons merchant, the czerka rep. but the weapons merchant sells cassus fett's pistol. pick it up, well worth it.

qel droma's robes, while nothing much appearance wise, have great stats.

they are found in the shyrack cave after killing the tarentatek. once over the little land bridge you will see there is avery narrow strip of land that runs left and right of the exit the students wanted you to clear. the robes will be found on a corpse in this area.

ExcelsioN
01-01-2004, 07:58 PM
bioware has had expansion packs for all their games. what makes you think that now, just because the xbox has a bioware game, that all of a sudden that will change? that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

What I'm saying is that you dont get expansions for console games. Name one and you can have a free cookie.

If Bioware do make an expansion it'll be downloadable through Xbox live and be buyable for PC. Which is what I said before. It's just unlikely seeing as they've already announced KOTOR 2.

eidospsogos
01-01-2004, 08:59 PM
according to the bioware forums NOTHING has been OFFICIALLY announced. EVERYTHING regarding kotor 2 is mere conjecture. nothing more than rumor. and hey, maybe the xbox will never get an expansion pack. the likelihood of them offering it for free download is unlikely. but just because something has not happened before in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. like, say a computer OS company taking watered down computer components, putting them in a box and making money hand over fist by selling them as game consoles. no one did that before prior to xbox. that doesn't mean xbox does not exist.

i am simply saying that it is not very likely that a company that has every game in it's portfolio offering expansion packs, would all of a sudden choose not to offer an expansion pack for a very popular game when it has been there obvious policy to release expansion packs for their games in the past, just because no one who owns an x-box is likely to play an expansion pack. it COULD happen that way. but it's NOT likely.

otherwise, i think if they did release an expansion pack for BOTH you would see a hell of alot of xbox owners buying expansion packs for the first time in it's very short history of existence.

Darth Exar Kun
01-01-2004, 09:08 PM
What I'm saying is that you dont get expansions for console games. Name one and you can have a free cookie. Name one console gamewhere you go into the depth of character customization and as many possiblities while still using the same characters in a universe as big as star wars and you can have not one but2 free cookies

ExcelsioN
01-02-2004, 07:58 AM
according to the bioware forums NOTHING has been OFFICIALLY announced. EVERYTHING regarding kotor 2 is mere conjecture. nothing more than rumor. and hey, maybe the xbox will never get an expansion pack. the likelihood of them offering it for free download is unlikely. but just because something has not happened before in the past, doesn't mean it can't happen in the future. like, say a computer OS company taking watered down computer components, putting them in a box and making money hand over fist by selling them as game consoles. no one did that before prior to xbox. that doesn't mean xbox does not exist.

i am simply saying that it is not very likely that a company that has every game in it's portfolio offering expansion packs, would all of a sudden choose not to offer an expansion pack for a very popular game when it has been there obvious policy to release expansion packs for their games in the past, just because no one who owns an x-box is likely to play an expansion pack. it COULD happen that way. but it's NOT likely.

otherwise, i think if they did release an expansion pack for BOTH you would see a hell of alot of xbox owners buying expansion packs for the first time in it's very short history of existence.

Yeah I know it COULD happen. But its unlikely is what I'm saying. Why? Because you don't install console games. Expansions always require the original to be installed (on PC). Sure, it could happen, but its just not too likely. Which is what I've been saying all this time.

Darth Post
01-02-2004, 09:27 AM
@eidospsogos:

there are some i wouldn't mind keeping. but some can go to a galaxy far far away for all i care.

who you want to keep and who should go?

if you want the romance story to be continued Carth and Bastila are a must.
Maybe the game starts when you are female with yourself and Carth upon a starship fighting remnants of the Sith in Space obove an old Sith Planet. you defeat them and find hints of a dark rising upon the Planet.

If you are male, you are with Bastila on Corouscant, the Jedi Acadamy training young students.
Juhani and Bindo are also there.
You will get a report, that Carth had found something interesting upon an unknown Sith World.
You travel to this world. Of course you have to get together your old crew and add some new ones.
Canderous is a killermachine like Hk 47. Bindo is cool and has always something to say as well as Mission.
Zaalbar and t3 m are for the Star wars flair.

So i donīt want to loose anyone of them

What i forget:

- my character should have his own voice and speak the text
- you should be able to update your own swoop bike

Astrotoy7
01-02-2004, 01:34 PM
There's only one thing to be said about this topic now :

WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT & SEE !!

Yes, XBos DOES have downloadable content, and PC expansion packs are usually 1 disc.....650/700mb limit....

ah, well...I hope someone with an XB will confirm this, its written on the darn game cover !

MTFBWYA

eidospsogos
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM
well the game is SUPOSSED to have downloadable content. whether it does actually have any right now, remains to be seen.

as far as characters i feel can be left out, i didn't like juhani at all. her little sprig of weeds shooting out of the top of here head annoyed me to no end. she was like a chia-cathar. and she was just plain annoying to me. and i thought zaalbar was pretty much useless. soooo, you can keep the wookie. and if someone could get rid of the sprout on top of juhani's head then i wouldn't mind her staying. but otherwise i hardly ever used those two except for their respective sidequests.

Melissa L
02-12-2004, 01:35 AM
A more convincing and meaningful romance please... none of this fade out to black screen or a stale I love you from Carth in the end. Show us a kiss, a hug, holding hands... anything to make our character that little more real.

Tug at my heart strings anytime!

Astrotoy7
02-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Melissa L
A more convincing and meaningful romance please... none of this fade out to black screen or a stale I love you from Carth in the end. Show us a kiss, a hug, holding hands... anything to make our character that little more real.

Tug at my heart strings anytime!

Gday Melissa ! Welcome to the forums. Nice to see another aussie on the forums, theres a few of us on here now !

make sure you come to 'yoda's swamp'(in the JA section) if you feel like discussing topics other than games...its nice there, some nice, funny ppl :p

anyways, I think if they up the romance anymore, alot of these chaps(perhaps myself included) might be discouraged about KOTOR 2. I didnt think the romance was underplayed in KOTOR though. I started my first light side game with a female, by the end of it they(her and Carth) said "I love you" to each other, thats pretty new for whats meant to be an action/adventure RPG....

MTFBWYA

Darth Exar Kun
02-12-2004, 11:12 PM
if you want a lovie dovie rpg go pplay Final Fantasy X or X-2

Melissa L
02-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Gday to you too Astrotoy7 :) Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a typical girl what can I say?! :) I can understand a guys point of view that it can be 'vomit' material but I think KOTOR 2 would appeal more to females if it had a real romance flair to it. I guess what I mean is, make it more 'mushy' for a female character and only make it more subtle for a male player.

I enjoyed being a female character with Carth as it was cheeky and sweet. I guess some more closure at the end would of been enough for me.

As for Final Fantasy 10, I've never 'played' any final fantasy games although a friend of mine's fav game is final fantasy 7 and I've seen him play it a few times. It looks difficult, its seems theres heaps you have to know. Might give it a go someday.

FiEND_138
02-13-2004, 06:47 AM
----swoop upgrades
----another swoop track or two
----more skins / clothing / jedi garb options
----more class /species options
----an asortment of saber hilts for PC/NPC's
----preferably able to use my current character
----& HK-47

Squee-sithguy
02-13-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

no no no! your wrong! us xbox owners are still waiting for the DLC, head over the bioware forums to see yourself ;) BTW all the DLC will be is the stuff that was added in the pc version so dont be mad about it! :p

Astrotoy7
02-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Melissa L
Gday to you too Astrotoy7 :) Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a typical girl what can I say?! :) I can understand a guys point of view that it can be 'vomit' material but I think KOTOR 2 would appeal more to females if it had a real romance flair to it. I guess what I mean is, make it more 'mushy' for a female character and only make it more subtle for a male player.

I enjoyed being a female character with Carth as it was cheeky and sweet. I guess some more closure at the end would of been enough for me.

As for Final Fantasy 10, I've never 'played' any final fantasy games although a friend of mine's fav game is final fantasy 7 and I've seen him play it a few times. It looks difficult, its seems theres heaps you have to know. Might give it a go someday.

no, not 'vomit' material at all, just out of place maybe. But what Exar said is correct, if you want romance, love is the central theme to FFX(and its sequel I gather). There are some really touching moments in FFX, I have to admit...and that was what has endeared that game(and the whole series) to me, and many others. FF also has a huge female fanbase, probably for this reason...

(actually on reflection...love has been central to the FF series since VII...)

here's a cpl of pics, for curiousity's sake, of 'Yuna and Tidus' the lovebirds in FF X. If you have a PS2 I thoroughly recommend playing it. There is a bit of a learning curve but it is very rewarding in the end....

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/ffxromance.jpg

remember, the swamp is where the fun is at !

Click here for the Swamp ! (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=162)

MTFBWYA

MuRaSaMuNe
02-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I'd like to see a setting with more foliage in KOTOR 2, more plant life and swamp creatures roaming about. Dagobah, Yavin IV or Endor whould be sweet

Melissa L
02-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Astrotoy - Thanks for the link, it looks like my kinda game :) If I remember correctly, FF 7 was the only one released on PC? very unsure about that. I think the latest is FF 11 which is a multiplayer game on PC.. is it worth getting? I mean, i'll jumping in the deep end with no FF experience so maybe I should try FF 7 first?

GrimYetCheerful
02-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I would really love to see an expansion pack.

There are so many tales to explore in this universe, and the current engine still feels great, graphics and sound are top notch. Perhaps larger areas... or similarly sized areas with a lot more interactivity.

I would also like to see different lightsaber stances and fighting styles... something along the lines of dooku in ep2. Perhaps special jedi masters could train you in their use. Then one could have battles with different stances and a huge number of combinations... perhaps you could become famous for your skills with a lightsaber across the galaxy. It would mean a lot more animations but it would certainly make the combat much more diverse.

multiple romances would also add some spice. Bioware have done this before with Baldur's Gate 2. Say for example having to choose between mission and bastila or canderous and carth, or any of the other characters for that matter. they manner in which you solve their specific quests could affect their feelings towards your character.

Lots more discussions between the party members... I loved the talks between carth and bastila... and jolee's sarcastic remarks from time to time.

a few extra mightly-difficult-optional dungeons would be cool. Which would harbour cool equipment.

More reaction from the townsfolk on the way in which you solved different quests. It was cool that everyone knew u were the swoop bike champ on another planet... perhaps if they could extend that to some of the side quests as well.

new, downloadable side quests, which would perhaps appear on some sort of message board in your ship, or be delivered to you by a messenger.

More mystery type quests, like the murder on dantooine.... but mysteries that span entire planets and require you to solve a number of side quests to obtain information.

customisable lightsaber hilts and specially tailored equipment... like the SF robes.

And Robes!. Please some really cool robes! and humour! Please some more humour!... you bioware folk cleary have a great knack for it.

finally, all the usual stuff that comes with expansions, such as new planets, weapons, armours, characters etc...

kotor has been a mighty fine experience! and an expansion would be doubly fine!

Jedi speCtre
02-19-2004, 01:48 PM
I'd just like to point out that in the game, Mission is 14. More of a sister-figure if you ask me.

The biggest changes I would like to see is a more diverse selection for armor/robes and cooler masks. Immunity: Mind Affecting is a great stat on a mask but I'd rather have my mind affected than to slap a vader-esque mask on.

Random Quests: Random Quests would give each playthrough a more unique feeling. Maybe they could be tied in to one or more of the characters background stories.

ahh gotta edit later. Have to go

Darik Kaar
02-22-2004, 05:58 PM
ive been told that people have seen KOtor 2 trailers. if u have a link for it. could u post it here?:confused:

lukeiamyourdad
02-23-2004, 10:15 PM
There's no trailer for any KotOR2...you've heard wrong my friend...

Zagadka
02-27-2004, 05:52 AM
He is referring to the news that there WILL BE a KotOR 2 trailer/presentation at E3. It isn't out yet.

Taos
02-28-2004, 01:06 AM
This is now the KOTOR 2 thread. All other threads with this topic will be moved/closed/deleted as needed. Thanks for your cooperation.

lukeiamyourdad
02-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Darik Kaar
ive been told that people have seen KOtor 2 trailers. if u have a link for it. could u post it here?:confused:

Zagadka, where the hell is the reference to E3 here?

UndyingSamurai
02-29-2004, 12:51 AM
the rumor of a trailer is completely false. They havent even begun production for kotor 2. they are still looking a dveloper to make the game so we wont see any trailers for quite some time! Read the latest PC Gamer!

lukeiamyourdad
02-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Shouldn't Bioware be the one to make KotOR2? It seems logical since they already did such a great job...

HertogJan
03-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Shouldn't Bioware be the one to make KotOR2? It seems logical since they already did such a great job...

Yeah, never change a winning formula... And I can't see how another developer could do a better job!!!

UndyingSamurai
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Sorry to dissapoint all you but I read somewhere that LucasArts was looking for a developer and that BioWare was not among them. I think that they should just give the project to BioWare and they'll make an even better game that KotOR (is it possible?). Anyway, only time will tell. Lets just hope that the oncoming sequel delivers instead of crashing like most sequels tend to do.

Chekit!!

lukeiamyourdad
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Maybe you should check out the credibility of what you read. Seems like a VERY stupid move by LucasArts if that's true.

txa1265
03-02-2004, 02:03 PM
What I heard is that BioWare, being inable to handle it from a resource perspective, has subcontracted to Obsidian (this may be wrong), which is made up of many former Black Isle employees.

I'm not sure the name, but I remember reading that it was Black Isle folks ... which would be a very good thing (talk about turnabout!)

Mike

UndyingSamurai
03-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Everything I said here, I read before in PCGamer. For the time being, I trust in what they publish. Anyway, its too early to know anything 4 sure sooo we'll probably hear the REAL facts later on when more on this sequel is uncovered.

Astrotoy7
03-13-2004, 01:26 PM
I heard that little leprecahauns will be making KOTOR2, all this speculation is just silly, lets just wait for the real deal, when it is announced on the lucasarts site, *then* lets get back here and start speculating some more :p !!!!

MTFBWYA

Prime
03-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by txa1265
What I heard is that BioWare, being inable to handle it from a resource perspective, has subcontracted to Obsidian (this may be wrong), which is made up of many former Black Isle employees.

I'm not sure the name, but I remember reading that it was Black Isle folks ... which would be a very good thing (talk about turnabout!)

Mike Yeah, I suspect that if another company does KOTOR 2 that it is because Bioware refuses to do it (because of otehr commitments or whatever), not because Lucasarts doesn't want them to do it...

lukeiamyourdad
03-15-2004, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't mind waiting a while longer for BioWare to finish whatever they have to do to have a better result for KotOR 2. But that might hamper the short term profits of LEC so it's probably not gonna be that way.

Prime
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
And we may end up waiting years longer...

lukeiamyourdad
03-15-2004, 09:46 PM
What do you prefer? Wait a longer time to make every cent you paid for the game worth it or having a game next year and regretting your purchase?

Darth Exar Kun
03-16-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
What do you prefer? Wait a longer time to make every cent you paid for the game worth it or having a game next year and regretting your purchase? JEDI ACADEMY

HeDanny
03-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Jedi Acadamy was a total waste and a scar on Star Wars wasnt it!? sheesh.. that game.. its like what Truce At Bakura was for the books, or episode II was for the movies..

Thats irrelevant anyway, unless Black Isle made Jedi Acadamy.

I personally am in the EXPANSION PACK(S) camp. This game was 'dumbed down' too much as it is due to its x-box necessities.. I do not want to miss my (virtually mandatory) expansions because of the x-box as well.

I also do not see why people asume if Bioware doesnt make KotOR2 then KotOR2 will suck. I mean it was Bioware who crippled their own NWN engine to bring us the original, so I personally am happy for another company, Black Isle, to take it over.

Bioware had their chance with it and it needs improvement, so let someone else have a go.

But still.. I want expansions.. lots and lots of expansions.. :D

AKira Core
03-16-2004, 09:23 PM
dont forget that evry post on ther forums coserning moding is delited or locked and lets not forget the fact that locas is beeing extrimly protective of its licences and lets not forget that biowaer has other thengs to do then to throw duoling setions with locas abult what shuld be don to a game and how it shuld be suported and lets not forget kotor was an xbox game in the first plase

Tito
03-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AKira Core
dont forget that evry post on ther forums coserning moding is delited or locked and lets not forget the fact that locas is beeing extrimly protective of its licences and lets not forget that biowaer has other thengs to do then to throw duoling setions with locas abult what shuld be don to a game and how it shuld be suported and lets not forget kotor was an xbox game in the first plase

WHAT???:eek:

Okay, let's see if I get this right:

"Don't forget that every post on their forums (Bioware's) concerning modding gets deleted or locked, and let's also not forget the fact that LucasArts is being extremely protective of its licences. Also, we should remember that Bioware has other things to do then to "throw dueling sessions" (I suppose you mean "fight") with LucasArts about what should be done to a (or "the") game, and in which way it should be supported. And keep in mind that KOTOR was an XBox game in the first place."

That's how it goes?:confused:

Anyway, we know all of this already (assuming I translated it correctly), so what's your point?

borked
03-19-2004, 03:08 PM
-Make the storyline even deeper
-More endings
-More personalisation of course
-More Feats and Force Powers, perhaps for some of them you'd have to perform certain quests to get them
-Letting us craft unique items?
-If it's KOTOR 2 I hope they will brush up original KOTOR with a nice update so the two mesh together more properly
-I'd want to learn more about the ancient Sith lords. Killer in-game art would be um, killer. The BnW hand-drawn stuff.

Revan2004
03-21-2004, 06:17 AM
does any one get on thsi site anymore reply

Com Raven
03-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Sorry UndyingSamurai, but KotOR 2 is very well into production :)

And you WILL see something at E3 :)

Revan2004
03-21-2004, 03:04 PM
hey im new to this form how do i add a Icon to my name[IMG

Com Raven
03-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Revan, go to "user cp at the top left hand of the screen.
There you can change all kinds of settings. Welcome to the boards.

Revan2004
03-21-2004, 07:19 PM
i now but how do i add it tell me Every thing to do

Revan2004
03-22-2004, 03:13 AM
i just beat the game 20th time Are they going to make a Kotor 2 please REPOND

Samus
03-22-2004, 05:31 PM
Look here (http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1551692,00.asp) and here (http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1551690,00.asp).

It says developer: BioWare
However, this page (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/454/454215p1.html?fromint=1) says that Obsidian Entertainment is the developer.

Com Raven
03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Yes, they are making a KotOR 2. Yes, the developer is (mainly) Obsidian. Just like Floodgate mainly did NWN: Shadows of Undrentide.

Revan2004
03-22-2004, 10:41 PM
When they make Kotor 2 r u goig nto beable to haev all the stuff u have now Partners and stuff becasue im Revan lord of the Sith and iliek that and i liek my otfit revans rob and idont wantto lose it or have to make a New Player so r they goign to maek it so u cna sue The Skin u have now or they goig nto make it so u have to make a NEw one because that will SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Com Raven
03-22-2004, 11:32 PM
Well then you are in for some serious suckage, as you most likely won't be able to use your old chara. Look at it like this: Who should put up a challenging fight for you? ;)

txa1265
03-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
Well then you are in for some serious suckage, as you most likely won't be able to use your old chara. Look at it like this: Who should put up a challenging fight for you? ;) Exactly - what are you going to face, someone so full of Dark power that he crushes towns with a burp, wipes out a continent when breaking wind? ;)

Unless they did the whole relinquish the powers thing like Jedi Knight II - but that made sense in the context of that storyline (with MotS). It wouldn't make sense here. You need an epic struggle, which means choosing some different characters and area of time.

Mike

Revan2004
03-23-2004, 11:36 PM
when will kotor 2 be out

Com Raven
03-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Sternenschmiede...

Revan, bist du Deutscher?

Expect KotOR 2 at the earliest this holiday season.

lukeiamyourdad
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Revan2004
when will kotor 2 be out

When it's ready ;)

txa1265
03-24-2004, 02:17 AM
RPG's take a *long* time ... they've had it going for a bit, we heard about Obsidian last winter, but I thing we should expect something of a hint as to game scope and timing at E3.

Mike

Floppythegod
03-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Rumours-schumors I wan't to know for shure, but I think I will have to wait many time to see the anouncment *sigh*

Com Raven
03-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Uhm, guys, are you actually reading our site, or just post on the boards?

It is OFFICIAL that Knights 2 will be unveiled in late april...

Floppythegod
03-27-2004, 06:59 PM
It will only be a story!!!!!!!! Don't you read anything?

Floppythegod
03-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Oh, sorry didn't see that you're a moderator. Sorry.

But I'm soooooo sick of listening to this kotOR 2 rumors. I just wan't to read the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCMENT. That's all.

And there's been a kotOR 2 in pc gamer. I just hope it won't be the same in april's and june's issue.

p.s I don't need an anwser to this post.

Com Raven
03-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Heh, this is no rumour. You are new to these boards, but if you ask some of the other guys here, you will find that I am usually knowing what I talk about when it comes to Knights news:)

And I KNOW that we'll see KotOR II very soon...

Floppythegod
03-28-2004, 08:15 AM
And I hope REALLY SOON.

Com Raven
03-28-2004, 10:32 AM
Hehe, believe, you are not alone with that :)

Arteale
04-09-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
The Xbox version has downloadable stuff!?!? :mad:

If there is an expansion, it's gonna be at least 1/2 of KOTOR's size (in memory). And 2Gb is quite a lot to download.

I guess its possible, I'm just saying it isn't very likely that Bioware release an expansion.

Actually, using flashget or some other such downlaod accelerator and it shouldn't take more than 10 hours; start downloading before work/sleep and you're gold! :)

Things I'd like to see:
-More avatar, saber hilt/blade color cuztomization (ie a RGB color slider for the color)
-More classes, duh.
-Epic levels, definitely.
-More feats and force powers, duh.
-More weapons, armor, clothing designs, duh.
-NO KUN! He's dead and his spirit is destroyed in the Jedi Academy book series, so anything that might contaminate that is fubar IMO
-Mandalorians would be fine, but no wars with them. There was only ever one.
-Some space-flight missions where yo uget to pilot your ship freelancer-style with a joystick or joypad or just the board-mouse combo most people have.
-Company released tools of course!
-OBVIOUSLY, we should get bug fixes. And lots of them.

If by some chance we don't get KOTOR 2 or KOTOR x-pac, they should at the very least give us tools and info to make a CEP (Like the NWN community did!)

Arán
04-09-2004, 12:03 PM
KotOR sounds really really sweet:rolleyes:

Arteale
04-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Ah, we also need a hand2hand combat class. Jedi or not, it would still kick ass! =D

kipperthefrog
04-13-2004, 01:00 AM
We can make KOTOR 2 about Han, Luke Leia, Chewie< R2, Jaina and jacen solo Land, and other classic trilogy characers!

Floppythegod
04-13-2004, 12:58 PM
It wouldn't be wise, to do so...

:lsduel: :duel:

Claumanic
04-18-2004, 11:56 AM
kotor2 wil be in an year or 2.Obsidian saise he works at an new rpg for pc and consoles.

FiEND_138
04-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
We can make KOTOR 2 about Han, Luke Leia, Chewie< R2, Jaina and jacen solo Land, and other classic trilogy characers!

So it should be KotNR:confused:

MasterN64
04-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog

4000 (maybe years before they were even born?! Eerie.

Com Raven
04-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Well, better than 4000 years after they lived :)

I guess by now everyone is willing to believe that KoTOR 2 is indeed coming, eh? :)

FiEND_138
04-25-2004, 01:37 AM
^^^^^ Yeah, I just read the EGM article over at the bioware boards. I'll link it after i come back home from eating, if some one hasn't already.

*edit* Go to hollowan labs for the link.

Com Raven
04-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Hmm, has anyone seen anything from CGW so far?

Burrie
04-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Unbelievable... in a way, I wasn't really looking forward to KotOR 2. I'm not even sure what it was, maybe it was because I didn't want to be swept up with waiting for another KotOR... maybe because I simply thought that KotOR should be a stand-alone game... maybe because I probably didn't know any real details.

But now that I've seen the scans and read the few meager details.. I say, let it come! The storyline sounds surprisingly good(The Jedi Order disbanded? Now there's an interesting situation), the characters might seem interesting(HK-47 and T3-M4 returning? A mysterious Jedi Master? Neat!), a host of new planets to visit(A post-apocalyptic Dantooine? Telos? Fun!), and the character whom we will be building, an exiled Jedi, has potential as well for interesting character building.

And please-oh-please, don't create an 'official storyline' for KotOR. Leave it all up for grabs, even wether it was a Dark or Light Side ending.

And the wait start anew...

Com Raven
04-25-2004, 04:27 PM
Well, the wait can be fun as well :)

Just remember how we licked our fingers for any new screen or dev quote :)

Master B
04-25-2004, 04:42 PM
sounds like it's already too late in development...but wouldn't some ONLINE scenarios be fantastic!?!?

;)

Com Raven
04-25-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Master B, welcome to the boards!

unfortunately, Mike Gallo already confirmed that Sith Lords won't have any multiplayer whatsoever!

lukeiamyourdad
04-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Good. No MP is for the better...don't want to see another Diablo2...

Com Raven
05-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I'd argue with you about that, if I wasn't busy looking at your pic.

I mean, wait, I love mp :)

lukeiamyourdad
05-01-2004, 07:47 PM
LOL. I love MP games. I just don't like an SP RPG having an MP mode. Better leave it for the MMORPG.

kipperthefrog
05-02-2004, 12:23 AM
we can have more clothing options!

Com Raven
05-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Yeah, those cloaks are a nice suprise, I hope they have more stuff along those lines!

Greatstar
05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
I am going to play new game when game is release,

no matter what path I take,

In SWKOTR 1, Light side, Dark side don't matter to my character, it cannot affected to any party member, but Juhani find out I am Revan after escape Saul's vessel, If I am dark side path, she sense dark side in me but she told me there may be chance to be redeemed myself. Also, She told she thought I never turned on anyone, here I am! On unknown world where I will take light side or dark side ending,

How ever in SWKOTR 2, I think I will take light side first but I wonder dark side path could affect party memeber? Maybe later game which I choice light side or dark side ending.

Frosty_V2.1
05-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Com Raven
Yeah, those cloaks are a nice suprise, I hope they have more stuff along those lines! Do you mean robes or actual cloaks? If you do mean cloaks can I have some linkage pleeeease :D

The_Tentacle
05-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Aye just realised super shadow is an bl00dy fraud. Sorry for offending ppl with that crap. Someone shoudl do something about that guy, get him shut down, i actually BELEVIED him for a while lol.

lukeiamyourdad
05-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Please mods. Delete that post. There's enough SuperShadow crap around already.

Com Raven
05-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Supershadow?
Did I miss something?
Luke, drop me a pm about this, and I'll be sure to take measures :)

Poggle
05-10-2004, 07:49 PM
...don't want to see another Diablo2 so true

{SITH}LazeruS
07-20-2004, 09:06 PM
:wan: MY KOTOR2 SUGGESTIONS :mauls:

- Defenetly more skins,animations,items
- also i dont want to see jedi cloaks were there not skin tite, i want to see them like u see normal clothes were they move ect when u walk, that would defenetly rule! Maybe even able to take the hood off by clicken a button, or just hittin a button to take off the whole cloak- problably unlikely but a really cool idea.
-:saberr: more crystal types, colors for sabers ect, though kotor did have alot of colors just not all of them.
- more good story lines- sub stories too
- the ability to kill anyone, but there would be penalties depending on which side of the force you took.
-:naboo: the ability to pilot ship('s)
- maybe make it like starwars galaxies minus the mplay, but maybe have the feature to go online with the game also.
- more planets
- more landscapes on each planet, not so confined to one area, the ability to roam.
- be able to level to 99, not max level 20, i really hated that in kotor.
- more feats,skills, ect
- weather effects, rain,snow,desert storms, ect.
- more creatures to kill on planets/ maybe even gigantic animals to kill.
- resourses for game - mod editor, skin ect.
- NO BUGS
- :lightning the ability to control people with some force powers, force choak- make person move using mouse also shuving them into items,walls ect, or just droppin them off cliffs. force lightning, see them fall to the ground while be hurt badly- with that saying have a force meter so u can hold that attack for such amount of time.

theres alot more ideas but i could go on and on!
:lsduel:

{SITH}LazeruS
07-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Well,

I just seened Kotor on the net, and on PCgamer, iam not really impressed on what i scene. All that work in Kotor and becoming a great sith lord is down the toilet, like what the hell, MY GUY DIES!! Iam thinken that the new chr you play is eather his apprentice but wouldnt that have been Bastilla, or maybe its the dude who killed Revan aka me! So should i kill myself in game to get my revenge LMAO!

I see they added cloaks to the jedi outfits, but i seen a few picks were some chrs have them and there skin tite, like common i never seen a cloak stay against someones leg lol. New colors for sabers which iam happy they have done. new powers, force choke, yay but still cant chuck them into walls BOOOO! The saber it self looks cooler, more shinyer!! More planets to see woo hooo! Oh I hope I get to see Carth again. ima kill that guy if I do, runs away before i could kill him in KOTOR major CHicken if u ask me! New Races into starwars universe cool, but there only lizards, FOO DOOO!

The sith look abit cooler, more like the vampire hunters in BLADE2, red goggles on.

Well as I see it, iam not over joyed yet to get KOTOR2, though ill still buy it and play it but again iam only seeing abit of the game so who noes maybe ill love it as i love KOTOR, but iam not pleased on what I have seen so far.

Venom750
07-25-2004, 02:15 PM
You can kill carth the pussy and star forge but i hope in KOTOR 2 you can have your hood up like luke or darth maul that would look great.:) :) :)

0rlo
07-25-2004, 05:25 PM
star wars films come in 3's, so i think kotor will be that way aswell. like 3 showings about that time period (kinda hard to do a knights of the old republic 4000 years after the fall of emperor palpatine, havta call it something else). though they didn't do that with the jedi knight series, i.e. dark forces, dark forces 2, jedi outcast, jedi academy.

RedHawke
07-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Venom750
i hope in KOTOR 2 you can have your hood up like luke or darth maul that would look great.:) :) :)

Thats my hope exactly, like Maul on tatooine or Sideous! :D

You can't call yourself a Sith Lord and run around in just the standard black Jedi Robes...

:lightning

Mav
07-26-2004, 02:29 AM
I've seen a few screenshots where it looks like one of your NPC's wear's a hood, but I'm not sure if it is removable or not and I haven't seen it on THE PC, but I've also read that you can take items apart and mix them with others to make new items so maybe you can turn a regular robe into a hooded robe, who knows we all can hope can't we.

FiEND_138
07-26-2004, 02:37 AM
It would be cool to see. Not really on the top of my list, but cool non the less. IIRC, theres a discussion about it at the Obsidian boards & I think the devs said something about it 'not being very likely due to engine constraints', or something like that. That may have been about a robe with a switchable hood IE; putting it up or down on the same model. As I said, this is all from memory & could be wrong as it stands now.

RedHawke
07-26-2004, 02:51 AM
^^^^
Engine constraints... Huh???

Sounds to me like they just don't want to add another simple altered hooded model and 2 colums to the appearance.2da, and whip up the like 5 items for them, because that is all it would take.

That just sounds like a really lame-ass excuse coming from a company like that.

Sounds like a definate corprate cop-out to me!

FiEND_138
07-26-2004, 03:00 AM
^^ Well, that was said (or something similar) a week to a month ago, so it could be entirely different by now. & the more I think about it, I think it had to do with giving you the ability to put your hood up/down on the same model.

I'm thinking they'll have the 2 kinds for everyone in game; 1 hooded 1 hoodless. Unless they just decided to get off their asses & give you the option with 1 robe.

As I said, that reason was stated a while ago & could have changed by now.

*edit* It had to do with eating to much memory, giving you the option on the same model. As stated to 'Old skool Wheelman'. That just has to do with the option of putting a hood up or down. Not saying hooded robes won't be there ;)

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=2059&st=30

RedHawke
07-26-2004, 03:02 AM
^^^^
That would be cool FiEND! :D

Mav
07-26-2004, 08:22 AM
thanks a bunch for the link FiEND

FiEND_138
07-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Was surfing & found another link relevant to the conversation...

http://www.knightsoftheoldrepublic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1270

Damn......... didn't feel like being the destroyer of 'hope' today :p

Mav
07-27-2004, 04:39 AM
THANKS A LOT FiEND you just ruined my day you are such a:dev11: .....lol just kidding man, but this is really a bummer I was at least hoping to be able to equip two different robes, one with a hood and one without a hood, seriously though how would that take up sooo much memory just having two different models of robes and two different textures I doubt that would take up too much memory.

FiEND_138
07-27-2004, 04:47 AM
Heh :dev10: ....
Yeah, I don't understand it either. I could understand it not being possible to put it up/down with the same model, but not giving us the option at all :rolleye1:

o well, maybe for K3.

RedHawke
07-27-2004, 05:31 AM
Or they just could have done as I said previously, then with two models one hood up and one hood down, all they would have to do is the placement of items in the various containers you loot in the game.

That way they could have given you both the robe versions, then you would get to wear the one you want.

What is Obsidian thinking???

Too much memory for a hood up/down function huh? Then just add the darn hood up .mdl and .mdx to refrences to another column in appearance.2da use the existing textures they have, create like 5 lousy robe .uti files and viola!

Hooded and non-hooded robes... Easy!