PDA

View Full Version : Batman Dead End


CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Anybody watched this thing yet? I saw it last night, it's not too shabby, especially if you like the Aliens versus Predator franchise.
http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/index.shtml

Hermie
12-02-2003, 08:19 PM
funny. not stomachwrenching hilarious, but... funny. very well made.

CapNColostomy
12-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I thought they did a decent job with the costumes. And Batman fighting the Predator was alright as well.

DarkLord60
12-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Looks and sounds interesting ill have to watch it.

Kain
12-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Because Batman would have an ice cubes chance in Hell against a Predator...that damn comic.

Troopr-Undr-Fir
12-03-2003, 12:21 AM
WTF??? never heard of this series...

CapNColostomy
12-03-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Kain
Because Batman would have an ice cubes chance in Hell against a Predator...that damn comic.

HAHA, I remember that comic mini-series you're talking about. I thought it was pretty cool, myself. But this isn't a comic, it's a short film.

And as far as Batman not being able to beat a Predator; The governor of California beat a Predator. So surely, Batman, being the most physically fit, and trained hand to hand combatant on the planet could take one. FFS, Danny Glover beat one. He even cussed at it before killing it. I'm confident (despite what the Lethal Weapon series would have you believe) that Batman could romp Danny Glovers ass.

Datheus
12-03-2003, 05:03 AM
I remember that video from months, months ago... Very cool. Although it had a larger resource pool than most fan fictions do. :) I'm not to crazy about the idea of Batman vs. Predator, but the movie was still very well made. If you have broadband, you have no excuse not to watch it.

wassup
12-05-2003, 05:05 AM
I especially like the Joker's acting in that movie, whoever was the Joker did a good job. :thumbsup:

CapNColostomy
12-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
I saw this video several months ago. I good I guess. I don't mind the idea of Batman battling the predators or against the aliens but to have him battle both in the same movie? That's just nuts.

I don't guess you'll be going to watch Aliens Versus Predator next summer then, will you? I can barely wait, myself. I read the comics a gazillion times when I was in high school.

XERXES
12-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
I don't guess you'll be going to watch Aliens Versus Predator next summer then, will you? I can barely wait, myself. I read the comics a gazillion times when I was in high school. I cannot wait for that movie! :D :D

this film was pretty cool...batman shouldnt be able to whop the predator, hes just a rich man with lots of gizmos. Reason Dutch was able to kill it is because well....hes stronger than batman, maybe not as resourceful but all those machine guns helped. Batman just kinda has his boomerangs and pointy ears on his mask.

CapNColostomy
12-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
I cannot wait for that movie! :D :D

this film was pretty cool...batman shouldnt be able to whop the predator, hes just a rich man with lots of gizmos. Reason Dutch was able to kill it is because well....hes stronger than batman, maybe not as resourceful but all those machine guns helped. Batman just kinda has his boomerangs and pointy ears on his mask.

Actually, the guns are what got all the guys in the original Predators' asses handed to them. Also I don't know if saying Dutch is stronger than Batman is an accurate statement. Batman, in the comics, (not Michael Keaton) is supposed to be at the peek of human physical condition.
In the comic mini series "Batman versus Predator", Batman had to custom build a suit to even fight the thing because it bashed his ass in for him when they first fought.

Originally posted by Chase Windu
I may go see it. To me when 2 or more movies cross paths they end up being a big pile of cr@p. Like Freddy vs. Jason for example.

That movie stunk of rotten bung before the promo posters were in print. I don't like those movies without the crossovers. But I do like some crossover movies. I grew up watching King Kong knuckle up with Godzilla on Sunday afternoons, so not all crossover movies are bad.

Kain
12-06-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
HAHA, I remember that comic mini-series you're talking about. I thought it was pretty cool, myself. But this isn't a comic, it's a short film.

And as far as Batman not being able to beat a Predator; The governor of California beat a Predator. So surely, Batman, being the most physically fit, and trained hand to hand combatant on the planet could take one. FFS, Danny Glover beat one. He even cussed at it before killing it. I'm confident (despite what the Lethal Weapon series would have you believe) that Batman could romp Danny Glovers ass.

I'm speaking from a biased opinion here but there shouldn't of been anyway AHHNOLD or Danny or Bats could beat a Predator. They just LET them win because nobody likes seeing the bad guy win (which is why nobody like Jeepers Creepers)

RpTheHotrod
12-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Fact of the matter is...the Predator could have won every single fight, but in the movies, they ALWAYS made the predator let his guard down with an excuse of honor. (like....just blast the guy away...why try to hand to hand him. In the end of Predator II, again...the Predator let's his guard down right in front of the guy and the guy jabs a slicing tool into the Predator).

Luckily, in this dead end film, they used a different excuse than honor....batman threw his lil boomerang thingy and damaged the Predator's cannon.

Zappa_0
12-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Joker was played by the guy that played "Boner" on Growing Pains. Also Dead End was very very very well done. I hope they make more Alien/ Predator Fan Films.

Rumor
12-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Because Batman would have an ice cubes chance in Hell against a Predator...that damn comic.

wrong. he killed a few in the Batman vs Predator comics. same goes for aliens.

anyway i saw this on monday or whatever on ifilm.com while i was at school