PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Nintendo?

IG-64
12-04-2003, 01:54 PM
please explain why and/or what game(s) you like from it

If you have ever played Nintendo at all then do not select "yoda" or "i'm a freak"

Pie™
12-04-2003, 02:04 PM
SNES!
it has great rpgs!
like chrono trigger, BOF, zelda, final fantasy
and lots of other goods
and super mario of course! :D

IG-64
12-04-2003, 02:08 PM
SNES is my favorite as well, for Mario Bros, Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario RPG :D

Sivy
12-04-2003, 02:10 PM
SNES

its the only Nintendo i've played on.

actually, tell a lie, i played on a gamecube for like 5 minutes in a store, but thats about it.

Alegis
12-04-2003, 02:11 PM
GBA..getting a NGC soon though

Hermie
12-04-2003, 02:12 PM
well, why dont you ake a wild guess:D

im totally up for the good ol' N64, the revolution of its time, with great grafiks and absolutly NO loading time WHATSOEVER

SNES make a very close second place though. and I have a NES standind in our hut. but, alas, I have been corrupted. I do now own a PS2, instead of a gamecube. im sorry to fail you, hiyamosho! the ability to play DVDs lured me into a trap.

IG-64
12-04-2003, 02:58 PM
you mean miyamato? (or something like that)

boo, you can play dvds on gamecube if you just get that silver one brought to you you by some company whose name escapes me right now

topshot
12-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm stuck between NES, SNES, N64, GCN, the Sega Genesis, and a GBA.

I've had an NES ever since I was born (hey, it had Duck Hunt and Mario, damnit! How lucky can you get? :D).

SNES had some good times. And well, my reason is the same as MMMPie's, including Mega Man X in that category!

N64, gotta love it! GoldenEye, ClayFighter 63 and a 1/3, Paper Mario, Smash Bros., OoT, and Majora. All good titles.

The rest as, they say, is history......

Pie™
12-04-2003, 05:42 PM
ehm, you mentioned paper mario twice... on purpose? :confused:

Kylilin
12-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Most of the people here are probably too young to truly enjoy the signifigance of the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is because it was so amazing compared to what was out, like atari, intellivision, colecovision, etc...

And if that isn't good enough:

Blades of Steel, Metal Gear, Contra, Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Super Mario Bros. 1,2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Kung Fu, and of course, Double Dragon.

Clemme w/Stick
12-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Voted for the GC.
I have both the GC and 64, but I like GC the best. Why? Better games than I have seen for the 64, plus I love the graphics.

-Clemme

RoxStar
12-04-2003, 08:48 PM
I play Gamecube because its fast and has good graphics.

RockerD
12-04-2003, 08:48 PM
My vote is for 64 *dusts off 64*
I loved Battle Tanx 64 and StarFox

topshot
12-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!
ehm, you mentioned paper mario twice... on purpose? :confused:

Purely an accident. Had to quickly post on the go. It's fixed now. ;)

Boba Rhett
12-04-2003, 11:02 PM
SNES owned.

DarkLord60
12-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Nintendo was the shiznit. I remember like yesterday my mom taught me how to play these games now she has now clue how to turn them on. Haha. My favorite Nintendo game was Jackal were you drive a jeep and shoot things and rescue ppl.

_PerfectAgent_
12-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
boo, you can play dvds on gamecube if you just get that silver one brought to you you by some company whose name escapes me right now
I think it's Panasonic, but if I'm correct, that will only be sold in Japan.

But my favorite is GameCube, with all the great games! Though I really like SNES too, my two favorite games were Super Mario World and F-Zero. :)

Jedi Luke
12-04-2003, 11:46 PM
SNES!! Has the best RPGs such as Zelda, Super Metroid, Mario, etc......Anyway, my favourite:D .

Troopr-Undr-Fir
12-04-2003, 11:50 PM
64, cause of starfox and GoldenEye...oh and mario kart was always good fun ;)

RoguePhotonic
12-04-2003, 11:56 PM
I really could not say...so many memories on so many systems...

ZBomber
12-05-2003, 12:03 AM
NES was my favorite. I'm into none good looking agmes, like Zelda and Mario. Who cares about the graphics, they have great gameplay! :)

DarkLord60
12-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
NES was my favorite. I'm into none good looking agmes, like Zelda and Mario. Who cares about the graphics, they have great gameplay! :)

Amen to that got to love the classics.

Jedi Luke
12-05-2003, 12:12 AM
N64 is also fun with games like Zelda (Ocarina & Majora's Mask), Rogue Squadran, Mario, StarFox, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Crow_Nest
12-05-2003, 10:22 AM
GBA, all though i dont have it.

CapNColostomy
12-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Even though I'm not too young to appreciate how badass it was to upgrade from my old Atari 2600 to a NES, I had to go with the 64. SOTE, Rogue Squadron, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark...Those games were sweet.

Reclaimer
12-05-2003, 12:15 PM
GameCube. Same old reason...better graphics and games.

IG-64
12-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Kylilin
Most of the people here are probably too young to truly enjoy the signifigance of the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is because it was so amazing compared to what was out, like atari, intellivision, colecovision, etc...

And if that isn't good enough:

Blades of Steel, Metal Gear, Contra, Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Super Mario Bros. 1,2 and 3, Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Kung Fu, and of course, Double Dragon.

I am 14 and I have experienced much more probably than most other 14 year olds. NES was great, I played alot of good games, it's been awile though and i've been wondering: was double dragon that game where 2 ppl can play and it's like, an overhead game and you can bust out in kung fu moves on ppl and come back to life if you die by pressing a bunch of buttons? 'Cause I liked that game :D plus Kirby's adventure is one of my favorite games, and bump & jump i there too but it wasn't that great, and rampage was cool, and duck hunt and mario of course, and some others, i forget now. I'm too young to have played atari though, by the time I was born NES took over. I can thank my cousin for introducing me to video games at such an early age because he had SNES when it came out and the first game I saw was Mario World when I was like, 7, I think, and i was introduced to Star Wars a year later. He also had NES with a bunch of games and I bought SNES that same christmas and sience then i've been geeting the consoles as soon as they come out. So, yea, my life is pretty much video games and star wars and now lord of the rings :D. but I have to say it: The only good playing games for gamecube are really smash bros. and a very few others, i'm still waitin' for more. if you wan't to hear more about my life story (not likely) then i'll tell you some of the games i've played :thumbsup:

[EDIT] come on Rouge you have to have a favorite :p ive had alot of memories too and have had the best with SNES so, come on, pick pick pick! :D

shukrallah
12-05-2003, 02:13 PM
N64, it was the only nintendo i had...

MuRaSaMuNe
12-07-2003, 05:59 AM
SNES FOR SURE!!!!!!
Chrono Trigger
FF6
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: turtles in time (!!!!!!)
FF5
Zelda
Breath of Fire 2(the whale is still awesome)
....too many to list :(

XERXES
12-07-2003, 09:31 AM
the super

Darth Groovy
12-07-2003, 09:47 AM
I'd say GBA, because I have one, and they managed to bring back alot of old nostalgic titles back into popularity again, like Sonic The Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros, Packman, and even Doom! They even responded to the fans by making a better backlit hand held system. Good call.:)

gorganfloss
12-07-2003, 12:34 PM
NES all the way. Still fire the old bird up from time to time.

BongoBob
12-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Man, I can't choose. I mean, hear we go...
NES:Mario 1,2, and 3, Duck Hunt, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and contra, and many, many more.

SNES:Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Metroid, Kirby(the one with the 7 games in it, oh hell yah!), Contra, and above all others, MARIO RPG!

GBA:Doom 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Kirby, Zelda, Sonic(they're just like the Game Gear ones :D), and Contra.

N64:Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, SSB, OoT, Majoras Mask, Perfect Dark, Rouge Squadron, Battle for Naboo, Bomberman 64, and more.

GC:My latest purchase, The Zelda Bonus Disk(Zelda 1 and 2, OoT, and Majoras Mask :D), SSBM, THUG, Billy Hatcher, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, The Sims, and more.

Oh the memories :)

IG-64
12-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Man, I can't choose. I mean, hear we go...
NES:Mario 1,2, and 3, Duck Hunt, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and contra, and many, many more.

SNES:Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Metroid, Kirby(the one with the 7 games in it, oh hell yah!), Contra, and above all others, MARIO RPG!

GBA: Doom 1 and 2, Mario Kart, Kirby, Zelda, Sonic(they're just like the Game Gear ones), and Contra.

N64:Goldeneye, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, SSB, OoT, Majoras Mask, Perfect Dark, Rouge Squadron, Battle for Naboo, Bomberman 64, and more.

GC:My latest purchase, The Zelda Bonus Disk(Zelda 1 and 2, OoT, and Majoras Mask), SSBM, THUG, Billy Hatcher, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, The Sims, and more.

Oh the memories

NES

mario 1 2 3: Mario is like, my favorite thing ever although these are very hard games

duck hunt: (the first time I typed it I typoed dick hunt :eek: :xp: ) fun and classic :)

Zelda: never really played it

Kirby's adventure: Awsome game :thumbsup: I love kirby

Metroid: TOO FREAKIN HARD, although samus is very cool

contra: never played any of them :indif:

SNES:

Mario: WOOT! YEA!

Mario Kart: not as good as 64 but still fun

Zelda: played it once, pretty good

Super Metroid: The best one of the series! It got 3rd place in IGN's official 100 best games list!

Kirby Superstar: Bought it after i got very fond of kirby from SSB (SSB also introduced me to falcon and samus :cool: )

MARIO RPG: BEST FREAKIN GAME EVER although it is a never ending struggle between this and Yoshi's Island witch is as awsome game, PLAY IT

GBA: never really fond of it exept for metroid fusion

N64:

Goldeneye: .... you don't understand.... the hours... of multiplayer....

DK: Official insult to the series, the best one was the first one (DK country for SNES) witch was great, long, and impressive Game Cube-like graphics

Mario Kart: Yea! :cool:

SSB: awsome but nothing compared to the awsomeness that is SSBM

OoT/Majora's Mask: never really got around to it but will... someday

Perfect Dark: :confused:

Rouge Squadron: cool but got old

Battle for naboo: Never heard of it, must have been overlooked

Bomerman 64: there is no curse in entish, elvish, or the toungs of men for this evil game

CG: SSBM was freakin awsome, the rest
i've never played

From what i know of you, we have alot in common bongo

CapNColostomy
12-07-2003, 07:09 PM

Perfect Dark: :confused:

Perfect Dark was the unofficial sequal to Goldeneye. The same team made it, and it was badass. It had PROFANITY! It even had some of the levels from Goldeneye for multiplayer. My multiplayer rank was "Deadly" when I stopped playing it a couple years ago. Anybody go higher than that?

|GG|Carl
12-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Good ol' gameboy!

Nothing is better than Super Mario land 1!

IG-64
12-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Perfect Dark was the unofficial sequal to Goldeneye. The same team made it, and it was badass. It had PROFANITY! It even had some of the levels from Goldeneye for multiplayer. My multiplayer rank was "Deadly" when I stopped playing it a couple years ago. Anybody go higher than that?

really? Intresting:cool:

RoxStar
12-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Perfect Dark didn't have anything to do with Bond. It was made by RARE the same develepor of Goldeneye. they could use the same elvels because they made them.

MuRaSaMuNe
12-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
MARIO RPG!

Excellent, I am glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this game ;) . I found it pretty amusing, Geno was awesome.

DarkLord60
12-07-2003, 11:16 PM

Battle for naboo: Never heard of it, must have been overlooked

Be glad you didn't!

Jedi Luke
12-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Yep, be glad. Still wasn't a bad game but I wouldn't recommend getting it.

BongoBob
12-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Yeah, but for two dollars down at Blockbuster is a damn good deal. And I got to like level 4 on Perfect Dark. I never got higher. it may be time to sneak a few multiplayer games again :cool:
PS:My friend who gave me the game got to the highest level(1) on MP :eek:

CapNColostomy
12-08-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by RoxStar
Perfect Dark didn't have anything to do with Bond. It was made by RARE the same develepor of Goldeneye. they could use the same elvels because they made them.

Ummm...Right. That's why I said it was the unofficial sequal.