PDA

View Full Version : Most Memorable Moments in a game.(Spoilers aplenty)

Tyrion
12-06-2003, 11:55 PM
What's the most memorable moment you've had in a game? Single or Multiplayer.

Mine would have to be Kotor, in the Leviathan. You fight waves apon waves of sith, both troopers and dark jedi. You kill Admiral Sauth, and he tells Carth something...Then you meet up with Darth Malak, and find out you are the antagonist of the game,with your mind riped clean from the force. Then Bastilia sacrificers herself to save you, and you evacuate in time.

Which reminds me, Revan will be my Jedi Academy screename..

Reborn Outcast
12-06-2003, 11:59 PM
ARG I DIDN'T THINK THE FIRST POST WOULD BE A SPOILER OF A GAME I HAVN'T PLAYED AND WANT TO GET. MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Most memorable game moment huh? Well... searching deep into my many years of experience of gaming I would have to say the last level of Halo, when you beat the game and it shows the Marine and the alien in hand to hand combat, but when they see you fly over they know they're about to die so they stop and hug each other...

Yea that sounds kinda corny but it was actually pretty cool.

I'll have to think of some more later. :D

Pie™
12-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Oh! I know!
In monopoly when i bought the main street and my opponent... oh, a computer game...
Maybe in JA when rosh leans on kyles shoulder but kyle brushes him off. Classic!:D

BongoBob
12-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Any of the pics leXX used in her captions contest were great moments! And when I spawned a jawa and gripped himinto the lava. Priceless

Pie™
12-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by BongoBob
And when I spawned a jawa and gripped himinto the lava. Priceless Nice rhyming there ;)
Jawas are fun to grip! :jawa

Orca Wail
12-07-2003, 12:29 AM
hmm...best? I don't know...

A time that was very good was in DoomII...

In DoomII, I cheated a bit (its next to immpossible to fairly beat that mother) and went to the last level. It was a huge show-down. I must have killed over 500 hideous little fuks...good times...:D

Samuel Dravis
12-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Mine's in KotOR, when you first get your lightsaber and explore Dantooine. That is a very scenic planet...and the ambient music makes it incredible. I'll have to post a pic later.

Pie™
12-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Orca Wail
hmm...best? I don't know...

A time that was very good was in DoomII...

In DoomII, I cheated a bit (its next to immpossible to fairly beat that mother) and went to the last level. It was a huge show-down. I must have killed over 500 hideous little fuks...good times...:D oh yes, doom II
me and a friend used to LAN and warp to lvl 15(i think)... there we would get the Cyber Deamon to follow up us a elevator to the spawn point, and we'd just spawn over and over again, and finally kill him! :D those were times :rolleyes:

Sam Fisher
12-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Mine'd be in KotoR, when you go to Mannan, and find the "Wispering Locker" its really funny:p

jokemaster
12-07-2003, 01:35 AM
1. When I spawned like 300 stormtroopers the moment I got JO, put on god mode, and started enjoying the lightsaber goodness.

2. When Alex gets killed in the beginning of Max Payne.

3. The first time I got massacred in XWA MP and found out I wasn't as good as I thought.

4. First time I played Half Life. I played it beginning to end

5. First time I layed the Smackdown on my friends in Super Smash Brothers.

MuRaSaMuNe
12-07-2003, 04:48 AM
1. Playing NF Sabers only for the first time in BGJ during good ol' jk1 and winning my fist game :)

2. Being able to run jk2 on good settings with a vodoo 3 3000 and a p3 500mhz. I was so happy

3. Playing Super Mario RPG, my first RPG

Samuel Dravis
12-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Some Dantooine screens:

Dantooine 1 (http://home.ddc.net/btoups/KotOR0007d.jpg)
Dantooine 2 (http://home.ddc.net/btoups/KotOR0013c.jpg)

-SPOILER PIC-
Malak Fight (http://home.ddc.net/btoups/malakfightblock.jpg) This one is a very nice one with Malak. Siff against Siff. :D

Alia
12-07-2003, 05:46 AM
The part in Grim Fandango when Manny confronts Hector in the greenhouse. It's great.

Phizzle
12-07-2003, 06:37 AM
The last few levels and scenes in Mafia. I won't ruin it for you, for it is total and utter greatness.

CapNColostomy
12-07-2003, 06:46 AM
Vinny Gognitti dressed as Captain Baseball Bat Boy in Max Payne 2 comes to mind. Especially his shoe falling to the floor in front of you when you find his remains in the crater where he was standing.

Darth Groovy
12-07-2003, 09:10 AM
The first time I blew up the Death Star in Super Star Wars for Super NES. As corny as it sounds, after several tries, I just closed my eyes and fired the damn torpedoes and it WORKED! I was so exited, I held a beer party at my place that night. (Note, that it was around this time, when I re-kindled my interest in Star Wars, which has lasted to this day!)

CapNColostomy
12-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
The first time I blew up the Death Star in Super Star Wars for Super NES. As corny as it sounds, after several tries, I just closed my eyes and fired the damn torpedoes and it WORKED! I was so exited, I held a beer party at my place that night. (Note, that it was around this time, when I re-kindled my interest in Star Wars, which has lasted to this day!)

Damn, that's the only one I never beat. I dogged the other two out though. Good games for their day.

Darth Groovy
12-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Damn, that's the only one I never beat. I dogged the other two out though. Good games for their day.

I killed Super ESB, but not Super ROTJ. Super Star wars is still the best out of all of them though! They should release all of those together on a novelty pc format! :D

ExcelsioN
12-07-2003, 09:36 AM
Maybe the Stalingrad level in Call of Duty, or the ending of Grim Fandango.
Then again , once I get KOTOR everything may change.

CapNColostomy
12-07-2003, 09:42 AM
How could I forget Stalingrad?!?!?! I was just ranting about that for about three days straight a week or so back.

The_One
12-07-2003, 10:33 AM
Shenmue 1 & 2 - the most underrated and undiscovered games ever

Stalingrad in CoD

The unfolding plot in Freelancer

The "Big Twist" in KOTOR

Going up the damn mountain in OFP in a chopper turned upside down. Most hilarious gaming moment EVER.

Some matches I played of Virtua Tennis on my Dreamcast - classic.

Argh, I have so many, that's just a few ;)

BongoBob
12-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Shenmue is definatly the most underlooked title ever(especially 2)
Thank you for reminding me :D

Pad
12-07-2003, 11:33 AM
As a few already pointed out: The Stalingrad level in Call of duty. The best and most intense pc gaming I´ve ever had.

Maybe another great moment was yesterday when I was playing COD MP. We were playing team deathmatch and the map was depot. I ran through the building (completely the opposite way off all my other teammates) killed a few axis, went further ahead untill I came at the train depot were most of the axis were. I sneaked up to few, smashed them down and killed many more with my trusty gun. At the end, I was barely alive but I loved it. :D

Mex
12-07-2003, 11:50 AM
My most memorable! Hmm... I got one!

When I first played doom and those red eyeball things popped out and like 10 more popped out of no where! I was shi-scared! [I was like 5-7 at the time :p]

RockerD
12-07-2003, 11:59 AM
In Starcraft

One of the Zerg levels where Sarah Kerrigan emerged from the Crystalis(sp?)......didnt see that coming

Sam
12-07-2003, 01:06 PM
In FF9 when Zidane and vivi get beat up and they are lying face down in the rain, then its says "Please change to disk 4"

I did not expect that to happen...........:p

BongoBob
12-07-2003, 01:15 PM
The first time I picked up the controler and made my create a skater and played as him in THPS2. The greatest feeling I have ever had in anygame.

DarkLord60
12-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
1. When I spawned like 300 stormtroopers the moment I got JO, put on god mode, and started enjoying the lightsaber goodness.

3. The first time I got massacred in XWA MP and found out I wasn't as good as I thought.

4. First time I played Half Life. I played it beginning to end

All agreed you must have had bad FPS after spawning so many ST

jokemaster
12-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I did, though after a while they spread out and there weren't so many on-screen at one time.

jokemaster
12-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
I did, though after a while they spread out and there weren't so many on-screen at one time.

gorganfloss
12-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Most memorable?
Well, the one I remember most is on the Halo Trial for pc. I was playing mp and some dumbass flew a banshee head-on into one of the bases. After he died I went in the base, slowly backed up and out of the top of the base, pulled to look up just in time to see the other banshee coming straight at me, so I let loose a quick rocket straight at the other banshee killing it right before it could get a clean shot.
At least I think it's cool.

Kain
12-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Uh, lesee...

1. When Kain saved Raziel in Soul Reaver 2.
2. When I shot down a banshee with the tank in one try.
3. When my friend flipped over me in a ghost when I was in a tank and I shot him in midair for being so stupid
4. When I sniped someone when their back was turned to me in a tank(one shot, one kill. YEA!!)
5. When Siefer killed Odin(after that HELL you went through to get him)
6. Actually, the whole opening to FF8 was badass
7. The end of Legacy of Kain: Defiance

Orca Wail
12-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RockerD
In Starcraft

One of the Zerg levels where Sarah Kerrigan emerged from the Crystalis(sp?)......didnt see that coming

ha ha...
"Agent of the Swarm", it twas. It was even worse for me because I played the Zerg campain before Terran (weird one I am) so I was like "Kerrigan?! WTF???? But yes, it is quite a weird moment

Orca Wail
12-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sam
In FF9 when Zidane and vivi get beat up and they are lying face down in the rain, then its says "Please change to disk 4"

I did not expect that to happen...........:p

Vivi moons the audience

Crazy_dog no.3
12-08-2003, 08:46 PM
1) Max Payne 2- Vinny Gognitti mission :lol:

2) C&C Renegade- We had our power plant, refinery and factory knocked out (i think we lost our defence tower later as well) and we only had a tank, an aircraft and a stolen helicopter left. We were outnumbered becuase so many on our team had quit by then.
But we survived about 5 tank rushes AND defeated the enemy (by total number of points) and had the game been 20 secs longer we would have destroyed thier base too because they only had thier defence tower left and we planted C4 on it (game finished before it went off)

3) Mafia- A lot of the missions there were very fun

4) Deus Ex- The Hong Kong mission

5) Half Life Opposing Force- Training ;)

DarkLord60
12-08-2003, 09:37 PM
Playing Dark Forces: Jedi knight for the first time!

legameboy
12-10-2003, 01:39 AM
The ending of Mafia. Made me cry actually.

The first mission in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne... I don't know, I was just so pumped to play that game.

Any time I've played Counter-strike with my friends.

I don't really know what else.

DarkLord60
12-10-2003, 01:45 AM
Actually buying my first Pc game X-Wing for PC and plaing deathstar trench way back in the day on my old 486.