PDA

View Full Version : Enable Idle Saber Damage in JA (Thanks razorace!)

Kurgan
12-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Okay, thanks to Razor for suggesting the server side command (and it works!).

It's now going to become a permanent part of my server I think, 'cause it's cool!

d_saberSPStyleDamage 2

It's cheat protected though, so I had to put it in the shortcut command line for my dedicated server (+seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2).

Just to be sure I also added it as a line to my server.cfg file.

Now if you touch somebody with your ignited blade they take continuous damage! It's independent of saberdamagescale, so you don't have to worry about a touch killing you. It does damage at a rate of 1 hp per 1/5 second or whatever, so a full second would take away 5 hp if you held the blade on them. Thus it seems to be more of a "gradual damage" than the "pulsing" effect we got from idle sabers in Jedi Outcast MP.

Also, another ignited blade will BLOCK it, almost like a mini-saber lock! (only they're not really "locked" just deflecting each other).

Makes the fights a little more movie-like and makes sabers a little more dangerous.

Before saber blades just clipped right through your model and didn't even make sparks!

Tinny
12-09-2003, 10:34 PM
thanks Kurgan, i'll be using that on my server. btw how did you get the bots on your server to be much harder than normal jm bots?

Kurgan
12-10-2003, 05:06 AM
DDS Ibots + DDS Rerouted (both available from Lucasfiles.com).

Hypnosan
12-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Awesome! Going to give this a try on my server. Also quick question while on the subject of bots, for the "seta g_npcspskill" for the skill level of bots, what's the highest level they can be set to?

Hitokage
12-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Can't seem to get this working. I added
seta d_saberSPStyleDamage "2"
to my server.cfg, and put +seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2 in my server's shortcut command line. What am I doing wrong?

Kurgan
12-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Here is what the target field of my Dedicated server win32 shortcut looks like:

C:\games\JediAcademy\GameData\jampDed.exe +net_port 29070 +dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +seta d_saberSPStyleDamage 2

Notice I exec the server.cfg file before I put in the command.

That seemed to work for me (AND I put seta d_saberSPStyleDamage "2" in my server.cfg file)

Darth Kaan
12-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Kurgan, I can't thank you enough for posting that shortcut info. :-)

Kurgan
12-13-2003, 02:09 AM
NP Kaan. Now if ONLY I could get SP dismemberment to work in 1.01!

I've tried all of Mike Gummelt's advice and even tried RA's OJP 4 mod, but I still can only get my player to be dismembered, not enemies. Frustrating...

Awesome! Going to give this a try on my server. Also quick question while on the subject of bots, for the "seta g_npcspskill" for the skill level of bots, what's the highest level they can be set to?

I believe "5" is the highest value it recognizes.