PDA

View Full Version : Enrolled in College!

Boba Rhett
12-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Yep. I finally have done it!

Shower love upon me! ... SHOWER!! :fist:

*holds for applause*

Because we're in the middle of trying to move, I'm ony able to take online classes but starting in January I'll be taking Calculus I, U.S. History after 1877, Statistics, General Psychology and Application of Microeconomics!

That covers most of the electives I can have over four years. Because of the amount of classes in the Computer Engineering course, they don't allow students to take many electives.

I'm actually going to take a one week intensive course to get General Psychology out of the way. The sooner the better. I just need the credits. :D And don't have an english class listed because I'm clepping out of them. I'm also still just on the waiting list for Statistics. :/

Oh well. That is all. Be wishing me luck! :wavey:

STTCT
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Good luck Rhett..

That reminds me...damn Finals are on the 20th!

I have to enroll in my online C++ class today and my Advanced Windows Office Xp...ack

Jo
12-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Congrats Rhett. You still movin to that area near me? :D anyway, just cause your in college, you better be still coming here and #echonet :D

Sivy
12-12-2003, 11:35 AM
congrats :cheers:

they grow up so fast dont they :D

now rhett you realise you have to wear pants at college right.
at least to the lessons anyway :D

BongoBob
12-12-2003, 11:42 AM
congratulations :cheers:
Have fun at the college, and for gods sake, I have to be with Siv on this one. Wear your damn pants there man! They might not be as used to it as we are!

:p

leXX
12-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Good luck Rhetty poo! :D

There will be lots of TITS! there right? However will you stop yourself fainting all the time? :xp:

Sam Fisher
12-12-2003, 01:49 PM
Congratulations Rhett :)

leXX: You think too much:p

*Showers love on Rhett*

XERXES
12-12-2003, 03:18 PM
my finals were the end of this week and the begening of next...fortunately I've already done mine..and all thats left is just a gigantimongous paper that I've already written :)

and gl Rhett

Rad Blackrose
12-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Yep. I finally have done it!

Shower love upon me! ... SHOWER!! :fist:

*holds for applause*

Because we're in the middle of trying to move, I'm ony able to take online classes but starting in January I'll be taking Calculus I, U.S. History after 1877, Statistics, General Psychology and Application of Microeconomics!

That covers most of the electives I can have over four years. Because of the amount of classes in the Computer Engineering course, they don't allow students to take many electives.

I'm actually going to take a one week intensive course to get General Psychology out of the way. The sooner the better. I just need the credits. :D And don't have an english class listed because I'm clepping out of them. I'm also still just on the waiting list for Statistics. :/

Oh well. That is all. Be wishing me luck! :wavey:

Wait until finals... Muhaha.

Anyways, I managed to test out of Math entirely thanks to the AP BC Calculus exam, and am currently knocking off all my general entry requirements this semester. Next semester is pretty much focused around Architecture and the Honors program... Yay.

And just for good measure, I'm taking class in both Bo staff and Sais. Fun, eh?

RpTheHotrod
12-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Good luck!!!

ZBomber
12-12-2003, 07:57 PM
So, you won't be around as much? Congrats on making it. ^_^

TheJackal
12-12-2003, 08:06 PM
hahahaaaa! today was my last day. and even though its only 4:30pm, I've allready started my drinking. We partied (over 50-60 students) at school in classe. then we moved to the college's bar. got drunk. now I'm home to drop of some stuff and to pick up some more beer to head out for some more fun.

ahhhh! finally. the most stress-filled semester I've ever had... ALL GONE!

Jed
12-13-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Good luck Rhetty poo! :D

There will be lots of TITS! there right? However will you stop yourself fainting all the time? :xp:

*snort-giggles*

Nah, Rhett will never change :D

Congrats, buddeh ;)

ET Warrior
12-13-2003, 12:29 AM
College is pretty cool Rhett, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Calc 1 is easy, skip it and take calc 2 :P

By the by, what college are you going to attend?

the_raven_0_3
12-13-2003, 12:33 AM
Calc 1 is way easy. I should have taken Calc 2.

Boba Rhett
12-13-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm taking Calc II next semester so I might as well take Calc I to get into the "mode", ya know?

I'll be going to Kansas City University.

Acrylic
12-13-2003, 12:48 AM
*Turns shower faucet on*
:D
*Realizes that this is a poison gas shower*
*Turns it off*

Anyways man...good luck! I wish you the best!

Jedi Luke
12-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Good Luck Rhett!!!

:cheers:

Enjoy yourself, learn and hopefully there will be a lot of what Lexx said ;).

ET Warrior
12-13-2003, 02:20 AM
I'm taking Calc II next semester so I might as well take Calc I to get into the "mode", ya know?

Kansas eh? I once heard that was the worst state in the entire world, and then after I met the girl across the hall i realized it MUST be the worst place in the world :p

the_raven_0_3
12-13-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Kansas eh? I once heard that was the worst state in the entire world, and then after I met the girl across the hall i realized it MUST be the worst place in the world :p

I have also met this girl and I believe she is pure evil.

Boba Rhett
12-13-2003, 03:23 AM
Nope, not Kansas. :D The Kansas City that is in Missouri. :)

DarkLord60
12-13-2003, 03:25 AM
Well I go to college next year. I am going to study computer Science. anyway good luck Rhett!

obi
12-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, I don't think I'll be going to college any time soon because Our family isn't exactly "Flourishing" with money, and I'm not exactly "Smart." Well, I'm smart, but by "Smart," I mean not lazy.

I'll work for a few years, then probably go to tech school or something.

Good Job, Rhett! =)

DarkLord60
12-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Well, I don't think I'll be going to college any time soon because Our family isn't exactly "Flourishing" with money, and I'm not exactly "Smart." Well, I'm smart, but by "Smart," I mean not lazy.

I'll work for a few years, then probably go to tech school or something.

Good Job, Rhett! =)

Well don't say that there is a ton of options to getting into college:

1.) Go to community college for a couple of years then you can transfer out to bigger school when you can afford a loan.
2.) Or if you have a good job take a loan out.
3.) Get good grades to earn a scholarship
4.) Earn scholarship through football
5.) She if you qualify for a pell grant
6.) there is alot more ask your school Counselor.

Mex
12-13-2003, 04:17 PM
Congratulations Rhetto! So, that means you won't be around as much right?

Yeees! I CAN FINALLY BREAK ALL THE RULES I WANTED TO.

Oh shi, I said the loud bit quiet and the quiet bit loud..

Kjølen
12-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Awesome Rhett. College is fun! I guess.

Anyways, I shower you with love. I SHOWER! :elephant:

ET Warrior
12-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Nope, not Kansas. :D The Kansas City that is in Missouri. :)

Oh thank God. I was worried for you for a moment. Me of course, am at The University of Colorado. Probably the greatest place in the world no big deal :p

Well I go to college next year. I am going to study computer Science. anyway good luck Rhett!

I also am studying computer science. It's kinda tough curriculum, good luck with it.

obi
12-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60

1.) Go to community college for a couple of years then you can transfer out to bigger school when you can afford a loan.
2.) Or if you have a good job take a loan out.
3.) Get good grades to earn a scholarship
4.) Earn scholarship through football
5.) She if you qualify for a pell grant
6.) there is alot more ask your school Counselor.

Easier Said then done.

1) Community college still costs.
2)Ah, but when you take out a loan, you stil;l have to pay it back.
3)I get grades good enough to pass, and thats about it. I was kidding about being lazy earlier. I really am book-dumb. I hatescience, Math, and literature. I SUCK at academics. If it requires common sense and muscle, then I am your man. But don't give me some essay test. I'm a multiple-choice guess man.
4) I don't play football, though I am big enough to just about kill everyone on our team. I think football is dumb.
5)pell grant? I'd like some info on that, if it's not too much trouble.
6)My school counselers are RETARDED. They are the reason I am not going to be able to graduate on time. They gave me a whole bunch of classes I didn't need to graduate instead of giving me the ones I did. What idiots.

DarkLord60
12-13-2003, 10:20 PM

6)My school counselers are RETARDED. They are the reason I am not going to be able to graduate on time. They gave me a whole bunch of classes I didn't need to graduate instead of giving me the ones I did. What idiots.

Heh Yeah so are mine

Boba Rhett
12-13-2003, 10:29 PM
Make no mistake people, I shall be here just as much as I ever was. mewhaha... MEWhoahahahha...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jo
12-14-2003, 12:48 AM

WOOT, he is gonna be near me, i will be near the infamous Boba Rhett, the Flopish Dandy :D. only about an hours drive. MUAHAHAHHAHAHAH and ill have my license at the beggining of Febuary :p, this is gonna be great...TP the ADMINS house. no, i wouldnt do that, but still,great job Rhett, and stop by to see me :D

Joetheeskimo
12-14-2003, 12:57 AM
Congrats! I still have a while...:D

*Applauds*

DarkLord60
12-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Yeah umm congrats!

SkinWalker
12-14-2003, 02:28 PM
2)Ah, but when you take out a loan, you stil;l have to pay it back.

Ahh... but the point is: you have a degree and can earn more money. :D

[B]3)I get grades good enough to pass, and thats about it. I was kidding about being lazy earlier. I really am book-dumb. I hatescience, Math, and literature. I SUCK at academics.

Major in Criminal Justice or Sociology... or Kinesiology. Low brain-drains there compared to other disciplines.... ;)

[B]5)pell grant? I'd like some info on that, if it's not too much trouble.

Click here Obi (http://www.studentaid.ed.gov/students/publications/student_guide/2003_2004/english/types.htm)

Honestly... I'm 37 years old and a Junior in college (Anthropology Major). I wish I would have done it ages ago. Not to mention that now, that spoiler that LeXX provided is pointless.... :D at least that's what my wife points out!

SkinWalker
12-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Oh... yeah: Congrats Rhett!

And you won't need pants for the online courses!

Troopr-Undr-Fir
12-14-2003, 11:46 PM
You are now with thew best of us now rhett ;)...Here is your corona (mostly what my college buddies drink)...me personaly I am a casual drinker, but I never drink more than one at a time. So I would like to be the first to haze you in the way us "college" guys do (pulls your underwear over you head, then shoves it in your nose, then clamps nose shut with a clothes-pin)...Try not to **** up or...well you can figure that one out for yourself ;)

legameboy
12-15-2003, 01:24 AM
Your going to Kansas City University?! I used to drive past there every week... my brother was going to go there too, but a long move canceled that. Now he's going to Red Rocks Community College in Denver, Colorado. Anyways, good luck to ya. :)