PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Tags, *.veh ect?

tarafudge
12-13-2003, 04:53 PM
I made a model for Jedi Academy, and I want it to act like a swoop vehicle. What tags and files do I need to do this? I've looked everywhere and NOONE seems to have the tags listed or explaining the *.veh files. I have only found some information on the matter. Someone please post a list of tags for any type of vehicle and give me some sort of tutorial for making *.veh files. I'm using Gmax, and I have an *.md3 exporter, which I will then export to *.glm with md3view.

P.S.: Anyone got any tutorials on UVW Mapping complex models? I've gotten to the UVW Mapping screen and it looks someone confusing. Any help with this is appreciated.

Duncan_10158
12-14-2003, 10:20 AM
here on this forum is a thread: Tutorial Importing Vehicles into JA. there is a link to my tutorial, here it is too:
http://io.meskinaw.net/vehicle_importing_tutorial_for_ja.html

In this tutorial are answer most of your question, but most importent, you cant creat vehicle models using Gmax. read the tutuoral.

tarafudge
12-14-2003, 11:34 AM
I've been looking everywhere for a vehicle tutorial. Thanks for the help. I've been wonderin, should we make a resource thread for vehicles?

P.S.: I'm getting 3dsmax 6.

Duncan_10158
12-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by tarafudge
P.S.: I'm getting 3dsmax 6.

i am very sorry, but as i heard the XSI exporters doesnt work with 3dsmax 6. they seem only to work with 3ds max 4/4.2/5

its also that not all XSI exporters work for importing models. for my 4.2 version only worked the one raven release in its first SDK for JO more then a year ago, any other doesnt work.