PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Mysteries of the Sith Mod in construction for JKA?

sith_master2000
12-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Does anybody know if there is a MotS (Mysteries of the Sith) Mod in construction for JKA? I am a big fan of MotS, I like it more then DFII and I know that there is a Mod for that in construction. So if anyone knows if there is or isn't please respond to this post;)

Sam Fisher
12-21-2003, 09:53 PM
As far as I know, its just the Dark Forces mod in production for now.

Samuel Dravis
12-21-2003, 09:58 PM
There's a JK: DF2 mod being worked on, but no MotS mods. Although there's an excellent MotS Mara Jade model out, by Edward Peretti. I like MotS more than JK also; I agree that it is very disappointing that no one is making one.

sith_master2000
12-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes I have the Mara Jade model and I must say it's really awesome! I spent an extreamly long time looking for a "model" of Mara but only found stupid Jan re-skins, but it is a major bummer that no-one can be bothered to do MotS, It's such a fun game!

DeathStriker
12-22-2003, 11:31 AM
Where can I download this Mara Jade model?

Sam Fisher
12-22-2003, 01:09 PM
Probably at www.jk3files.com and search for Mara. It might be there.

Prime
12-22-2003, 03:41 PM
I believe that it is a JO model, but it should work in JA.

Samuel Dravis
12-22-2003, 03:59 PM
It is, and does.

Astrotoy7
12-22-2003, 09:18 PM
An interesting post has surfaced on the JA forums !

Yeah, a MoTS mod would be excellent, but I think all the ppl capable of doing it are tied up with other things....I guess we'll have to settle for the DFMod first,,,,,,

As fpr Jade skins, I was chasing these up, a cool one is edward Peretta's Jade skin, I also like 'Marabot'(its filename), it is pretty much a jan reskin but is cool nonetheless, I prefer it more than perettas skin most of the time, and dumping those files into the jan folder in your assetts.pk3 you can use it in SP !

go HERE to get more info on those skins !
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116128&highlight=Hook

MTFBWYA

sith_master2000
12-22-2003, 09:22 PM
i got mine from www.jediknightii.net but after it went down i do not know where to get it but yes most likley it is on www.jk3files.com

idontlikegeorge
12-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Yeah, the model from Edward Peretti is good, and works in Jedi Academy.

There is a cap problem on the model when you have the game set at lower geometric detail levels, though (there is a "crack" in the elbow joint); and being a JO model, the left-hand saber does not twirl in the dual saber barrier move (something to do with a hand weight or something).

I've made the model into a selectable class for Jaden in Academy, but I'm lazy and haven't contacted the creator, so I haven't released it (and I wanna finish the Hoth variant first).

I would like to say I'd be willing to map for a MotS mod, but I usually don't like how those mods go, and I have enough of my own projects at the moment.

Samuel Dravis
12-23-2003, 02:34 AM
If anyone's interested, his e-mail is eddperetti @hotmail.com. I think he has another e-mail account also, but I'm not sure if it's his: zenonithus @hotmail.com.

Tyler_Durden
12-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Why not an original story and mod with Mara Jade?

sith_master2000
12-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Hmmm... well to be honest I think that it would be best too wait and see if anybody out there recovers MotS from the old spider infested CD cabinet and re-create it for Jedi Academy:o

Samuel Dravis
12-24-2003, 02:06 AM
If I needed the CD to play MotS, it would be long since scratched beyond repair. Lucky I have VirtualDrive. ;)

Someone does need to make a MotS TC though. I would try to do it myself, but currently I know almost nothing about mapping, modeling, scripting, or anything else...

sith_master2000
12-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes same here, I can't map, skin, model anything like that. I do hope someone makes one though really really hope.

Pahricida
12-31-2003, 02:40 AM
well there is a Jedi Knight remake under construction right now ...

perhaps after that one is finished the team goes over to MotS .. although I prefered JK :D just MOTS' Multiplayer was much better ^^

Katarn84
04-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Where is this Jk mod? I'm sure someone will do a MotSTC mod, it's the natural way of things, first Dark Forces, then Jedi Knight end eventually Mysteries of the Sith...