View Full Version : WTF is up with this?!
12-24-2003, 03:17 PM
I have a server. People connect to it and have really good ping. After about 2 minutes they ping out and then eventaully are automatically kicked. WTF is up with this? How do I fix it? Any answers?
12-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Here's some more info about the server problem:
1. 30-45 ping = 10 minutes until 999 ping
2. 80 -100 ping = 5 minutes until 99 ping
3. 100 - 150 ping = 2 minutes until 999 ping
4. When I type "map ffa_bespin" in the internet console it makes the people be able to reconnect and get a few minutes more before pinging out
5. I've tried rate 25000 and rate 10000
6. I've tried com_zoneMegs 32 +set com_hunkMegs 32 +set com_soundmegs 16
7. And I've tried to change the ip
Why is this problem not fixed after all of this? Can anyone PLEASE help?
12-24-2003, 06:30 PM
what is your maximum server upload speed?
12-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I don't know. How do you check that out?
12-25-2003, 06:13 AM
www.pcpitstop has a fairly accurate Internet connection test, but from what I can tell, you are setting the Maxrate WAY too HIGH for most people. The sv_maxrate should usually only be set to no more than 6,000 (i usually set mine to about 3,000 so that dial-up users can join my server. )
12-25-2003, 11:21 PM
But I have T1, everyone that connects has really good ping, and my maxrate for my server is set at 10000. So, is it really max rate?
12-26-2003, 02:36 AM
For that, you could probably set it for 6K which is still good for broadband users and it allows for fair share, because whats most likely happening is that people with the T1's like yours are getting more bandwitdh than even the cable users because of the 10,000 cap, so by limiting the maxrate to 6,000, the t1 will be brought down to Cable/DSL like rates, hence equalling everything out.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.